i'm eating more but still losing weight

Options

Replies

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

I think its time to stop posting now...

Why? I can't speak my opinion? Isn't this a free country?
    As you can see from some of the posts in this thread, I've found out myself that it's so hard to post anything on these forums that really challenges the way the long timers see things. I agree with a lot of the things you've said, but when people see things like this, they want studies and the like of what we think of as "common sense".

I'll be the first to admit that my diet is not the best that it could be. While not 100% tied in with that statement, once a week I'm at a place where refreshments are served. Regular doughnuts make up a good part of this. I do eat them; it does help get me in my attempt to bulk after all, but once I go home and fix my own lunch I know I'm eating "real" food. Most other sweets I eat are actually homemade, so I don't consider it true junk.

the bolded part is why you will never be able to bulk until you get over that mentality …

Sorry, lots of sugar, sodium, gluten, any other chemicals, even at home still don't make it right.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

As you can see from some of the posts in this thread, I've found out myself that it's so hard to post anything on these forums that really challenges the way the long timers see things. I agree with a lot of the things you've said, but when people see things like this, they want studies and the like of what we think of as "common sense".

I'll be the first to admit that my diet is not the best that it could be. While not 100% tied in with that statement, once a week I'm at a place where refreshments are served. Regular doughnuts make up a good part of this. I do eat them; it does help get me in my attempt to bulk after all, but once I go home and fix my own lunch I know I'm eating "real" food. Most other sweets I eat are actually homemade, so I don't consider it true junk.

the bolded part is why you will never be able to bulk until you get over that mentality …

Sorry, lots of sugar, sodium, gluten, any other chemicals, even at home still don't make it right.

so you eat nothing then, because chemicals?
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    I already said I do, something's I just can't help, it's also hard to eat clean when your travelling depending what's around you, but I try, I just don't wanna be one of those guys who turn 50 and have to pop all kinds of meds so I can enjoy cheesecake and red meat. Ripped or fat, heart Attacks and strokes don't care. If a guy can sit there, be over weight and on all kinds of pills, drink nothing but veggie juice and all of health risks vanish then something is working there. I don't think that's movie magic either or *kitten*.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You can eat a couple pieces of chicken and a protein shake and hit your protein macros. Fat and carbohydrates macros can be filled with various processed foods. You guys act like you're scientists with all the facts. I'm not saying IIFYM is 100% wrong, but in the long term, it can pay off to not eat garbage. And there's no need to put garbage and *kitten* foods in quotes, we all know there's no such thing as a clean or dirty food. But you get my point.

IMHO, long term, it's looking like not being overweight with high BF% is what is ultimately the better choice vs the food you eat. the foods you eat might MAKE you overweight and have a high BF% but it goes to the amount you eat.

I'd guess if you meet your macro/micros, it wouldn't matter much what you ate

I'm not speaking in terms of weight or bodyfat. I'm speaking in terms of health. If you meet your macros/micros you're golden in terms of body composition. I count my macros/micros and I hit them every day. I'm not the leanest guy out there, and probably never will be and I'm okay with that. My goals are to be big and strong. But I'd like to get there in the healthiest way possible ie: as little refined sugar and trans fat as possible, and while keeping sodium and cholesterol levels in check.

Where were you about 3 hours ago, that was my point, but a lot of the foods out there are full of chemicals, or sorry I should rephrase that some people don't like those words being tossed around. Sugar, salt glueten and gmos free, just cause your lean and cut doesn't mean your arteries aren't lined with plaque and disease, we're starting to see young athletes as young as 18 and older die from heart attacks, might be from their high calorie diets, could be from over training, who knows, nobody really ever wants to talk about the cause.

I ask again, please explain what is wrong with sugar, salt, gluten (lets not even get into GMOs) in reasonable doses? How do they cause your arteries to line with plaque and diseases. What diseases?

You do realize that salt is actually essential right?
  • ndj1979
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I already said I do, something's I just can't help, it's also hard to eat clean when your travelling depending what's around you, but I try, I just don't wanna be one of those guys who turn 50 and have to pop all kinds of meds so I can enjoy cheesecake and red meat. Ripped or fat, heart Attacks and strokes don't care. If a guy can sit there, be over weight and on all kinds of pills, drink nothing but veggie juice and all of health risks vanish then something is working there. I don't think that's movie magic either or *kitten*.

all food has chemicals. so according to your own words you are killing yourself…

• ndj1979
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    You can eat a couple pieces of chicken and a protein shake and hit your protein macros. Fat and carbohydrates macros can be filled with various processed foods. You guys act like you're scientists with all the facts. I'm not saying IIFYM is 100% wrong, but in the long term, it can pay off to not eat garbage. And there's no need to put garbage and *kitten* foods in quotes, we all know there's no such thing as a clean or dirty food. But you get my point.

IMHO, long term, it's looking like not being overweight with high BF% is what is ultimately the better choice vs the food you eat. the foods you eat might MAKE you overweight and have a high BF% but it goes to the amount you eat.

I'd guess if you meet your macro/micros, it wouldn't matter much what you ate

I'm not speaking in terms of weight or bodyfat. I'm speaking in terms of health. If you meet your macros/micros you're golden in terms of body composition. I count my macros/micros and I hit them every day. I'm not the leanest guy out there, and probably never will be and I'm okay with that. My goals are to be big and strong. But I'd like to get there in the healthiest way possible ie: as little refined sugar and trans fat as possible, and while keeping sodium and cholesterol levels in check.

Where were you about 3 hours ago, that was my point, but a lot of the foods out there are full of chemicals, or sorry I should rephrase that some people don't like those words being tossed around. Sugar, salt glueten and gmos free, just cause your lean and cut doesn't mean your arteries aren't lined with plaque and disease, we're starting to see young athletes as young as 18 and older die from heart attacks, might be from their high calorie diets, could be from over training, who knows, nobody really ever wants to talk about the cause.

I ask again, please explain what is wrong with sugar, salt, gluten (lets not even get into GMOs) in reasonable doses? How do they cause your arteries to line with plaque and diseases. What diseases?

You do realize that salt is actually essential right?

chemicals…its the freaking chemicals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! solyent green anyone?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Oh the irony. Good reposte...well presented!

Also what in the name of....are you talking about...if you have to label it then its' not good...now, that's a new one.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Can we see your progress pictures please?

What for? So I can be poked and prodded?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

1. So you do care about it. If you didn't care about it then you couldn't care less, but you said that you can care less therfore you must care at least a little, right?
    2. So. Many. Commas. And. No. Full. Stops.

Wow, I guess I should've just typed that one sentence since that's all you took away from it.

I meant I don't care about all this scientific macros and micros, I just would like to keep it simple, that's all.

Scientific macros and micros? Really?
  • deviboy1592
    Options

all food has chemicals. so according to your own words you are killing yourself…

I'm a firm believer of "we are a product of our environment and what we consume."
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    3laine75 wrote: »

Wut?

Just stating that there is such a thing as bad food? Never knew it was a myth. It's just labelled different ways.

Yes, labelling things is bad but not when it's food - guess you missed that.

I'm sorry but why is that so Tabu?

Missing the point.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I gotta say this has been fun.

Oh, so you are a troll?
  • deviboy1592
    Options

Also what in the name of....are you talking about...if you have to label it then its' not good...now, that's a new one.

Nobody likes labels, that's why all this happens. I had enough, you don't believe me then fine, I wish you all the best, but from relevant past to the present those foods are doing more bad than good. All over media, news, gyms, surprised why gyms never sell Pepsi and snickers? Atleast the ones I've been to never did.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Nobody likes labels, that's why all this happens. I had enough, you don't believe me then fine, I wish you all the best, but from relevant past to the present those foods are doing more bad than good. All over media, news, gyms, surprised why gyms never sell Pepsi and snickers? Atleast the ones I've been to never did.

You say people do not like labels, but you are the one making most of them here...'bad food' and 'good food'

I know you are not going to answer, but will ask again (for the umpteenth time as you keep repeating this, but please show/tell us how these foods are detrimental at any dose and in all circumstances...I will wait.

You are getting your 'advice' from what gyms and what they sell, and trying to use that as the basis for your assumptions? Wow.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I'm a firm believer of "we are a product of our environment and what we consume."

We consume chemicals.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    5 pages ago you said this.
    Soda is linked to prostate, processed meats to heart disease, diet soda to obesity and a whole slew of problems, look it up. I've been eating pretty clean for the last year and I have seen better results with cutting my gym time in half. Watch all the health nuts on YouTube and body builders. They all Eat and the same thing

Are you going to provide your sources to those claims ?

Been asking for the last 5 pages, as he keeps making these types of claims. Still waiting.