Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Crap...

You stated that these foods I speak of aren't toxic, fear mongering to call them bad for your health, presented you with articles which I'm sure aren't just pulled out of the air, stating the health risks involved with consuming those foods, call me names, and yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to defend your claim that nothing is wrong with consuming these foods. That even makes me wonder if that is actually you in that photo or someone from another website based on peer evaluation?

I asked you to explain what is toxic about them.

You made the assertion - you back it up. Nice try to deflect your asbolute failure to support any of your claims but its pretty transparent.

I already addressed those articles.

Where did I call you names?

LMFAO at the photo comment....especially considering...

ahahahahahha

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Here's another thing with how you guys say I view food in relation to my attempt at bulking. I admitted in the "sweets when bulking" thread that I could stand to increase my intake of vegetables. Meanwhile, there's only but so much more room I have in my appetite to add a lot more food. I can't add a lot more non starchy vegetables (already eat plenty of potatoes) and food I consider to be "unhealthy" to my diet without feeling very full. Most liquid calorie options are out (milk - digestive issues, juice - already enough fruit in my diet, protein shakes -- would have to be lactose free and even then I think I'm getting enough protein). See the problem?

Many people have no problem eating 3000 or 4000 calories a day. How do they do it? I know that you want to eat "clean" or whatever, but you just can't have it both ways. You can bulk up your calories by eating more calorie dense foods, or you can keep eating more nutrient dense foods and not be able to hit your calorie goal. There really isn't much more you can do without resorting to "chemicals."

If you look at the nutritional profile of good pizza (not the chain store crap) you'll find that it's not as bad as you think. A burger made from grass-fed beef and local cheeses and fresh bakery bread just isn't crap. You can get sodas like Jones' that are made with natural ingredients instead of the laundry list of things you've never heard of in a Coke.

I don't see where the issue is here. Pick your goal and eat accordingly.
    Well if the truth be told, there are several micronutrients that I'm falling up short on, and more vegetables would definitely help (unless I just go get a bottle of multivitamins to take).

And I definitely understand what you mean about those foods. As a matter of fact, I actually had homemade pizza for dinner today. Due to the composition of the dough, my pizza is actually a good source of a lot of micronutrients (a lot more than just calcium and some vitamin A), and overall it's not even close in overall nutritional value to most commercial brands.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ok...I am out, this is ridiculous. I now owe SideSteel noodz as he won the bet!!

Brb....texting SideSteel

Better be careful what you ask...apparently my profile pic is fake so who knows what you may get!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Crap...

You stated that these foods I speak of aren't toxic, fear mongering to call them bad for your health, presented you with articles which I'm sure aren't just pulled out of the air, stating the health risks involved with consuming those foods, call me names, and yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to defend your claim that nothing is wrong with consuming these foods. That even makes me wonder if that is actually you in that photo or someone from another website based on peer evaluation?

Dude! Do you EVEN MFP???
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Here's another thing with how you guys say I view food in relation to my attempt at bulking. I admitted in the "sweets when bulking" thread that I could stand to increase my intake of vegetables. Meanwhile, there's only but so much more room I have in my appetite to add a lot more food. I can't add a lot more non starchy vegetables (already eat plenty of potatoes) and food I consider to be "unhealthy" to my diet without feeling very full. Most liquid calorie options are out (milk - digestive issues, juice - already enough fruit in my diet, protein shakes -- would have to be lactose free and even then I think I'm getting enough protein). See the problem?

Many people have no problem eating 3000 or 4000 calories a day. How do they do it? I know that you want to eat "clean" or whatever, but you just can't have it both ways. You can bulk up your calories by eating more calorie dense foods, or you can keep eating more nutrient dense foods and not be able to hit your calorie goal. There really isn't much more you can do without resorting to "chemicals."

If you look at the nutritional profile of good pizza (not the chain store crap) you'll find that it's not as bad as you think. A burger made from grass-fed beef and local cheeses and fresh bakery bread just isn't crap. You can get sodas like Jones' that are made with natural ingredients instead of the laundry list of things you've never heard of in a Coke.

I don't see where the issue is here. Pick your goal and eat accordingly.

That's what I think, never thought about the joneses though, thanks
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I gotta say...I've lurked around this section of the forums for years and it's long been a fantastic source of solid info about health and nutrition that I've been able to use to my benefit, even though Gaining Weight is not my goal (my goal is the exact opposite, actually).
    The descent into derp that this forum has experienced in recent times is grieving me greatly.
    Using Daily Mail, HuffPo, and Yahoo Answers(?!?!) as "credible" references. Pardon me whilst I bash my head against my desk.

So you think they just pulled that out of thin air? What about modern medicine? Other articles that I've posted, should they be discounted as well?
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Crap...

Dude! Do you EVEN MFP???

Yes, yes I do.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Didn't you call me a troll?
    Crap...

You made the assertion - you back it up. Nice try to deflect your asbolute failure to support any of your claims but its pretty transparent.

ahahahahahha

Crap...

ahahahahahha

Didn't you call me a troll? I'm sure that's not a compliment?

Still waiting for your source?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm betting Sara posts in here again. For science.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Still waiting for the answer as to how food has zero nutritional value.

As well as seeing support for the statement "Soda is linked to prostate, processed meats to heart disease, diet soda to obesity and a whole slew of problems"

And that bb'ers all eat clean

And that "fast food' is going to leave you riddled with cancer and disease

And that broccoli is more beneficial than a "damn brownie" in every situation

And what is toxic 'food' - and how is it toxic

Also would love to know why its better to consume pesticides than eat junk all the time.

As well as the repeated question as who is suggesting to eat 'junk food' all the time.

Still waiting for answers to these, but I am expected to support an assertion I did not even make...

Wow....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

AHAHAHA
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Didn't you call me a troll?
    Crap...

ahahahahahha

Crap...

ahahahahahha

Didn't you call me a troll? I'm sure that's not a compliment?

Still waiting for your source?

For what?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    My in box is ready.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I'm just hanging out waiting for SS.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    Still waiting for the answer as to how food has zero nutritional value.

As well as seeing support for the statement "Soda is linked to prostate, processed meats to heart disease, diet soda to obesity and a whole slew of problems"

And that bb'ers all eat clean

And that "fast food' is going to leave you riddled with cancer and disease

And that broccoli is more beneficial than a "damn brownie" in every situation

And what is toxic 'food' - and how is it toxic

Also would love to know why its better to consume pesticides than eat junk all the time.

As well as the repeated question as who is suggesting to eat 'junk food' all the time.

Still waiting for answers to these, but I am expected to support an assertion I did not even make...

Wow....

Really? How is a brownie more beneficial than broccoli? Explain that to me?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I'm just hanging out waiting for SS.

You think he's gonna share?
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    When bbers are in competition, what foods do they? Just wondering? Do they eat junk food whenever they want?