i'm eating more but still losing weight

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

Oh the irony. Good reposte...well presented!

Also what in the name of....are you talking about...if you have to label it then its' not good...now, that's a new one.

Nobody likes labels, that's why all this happens. I had enough, you don't believe me then fine, I wish you all the best, but from relevant past to the present those foods are doing more bad than good. All over media, news, gyms, surprised why gyms never sell Pepsi and snickers? Atleast the ones I've been to never did.

Clearly you've never been to Planet Fitness.

I've heard about them, but never stepped inside one.

90% of the BS said here about Planet Fitness is not true. I don't know where people come up with it.

No, there's not a soda machine or a candy machine at PF. No, they don't have pizza night (not at any of the one's I've been to at least.. I'm sure demographics plays a big part in this). Lastly, yes, you can squat.

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Yes, most of them everyday eat chicken and potatoes everyday which I don't think is all that great for a good diet. One guy is all natural, 210 pounds but he eats very well, mostly fruits veggies and lean meats, he tries his best to stay away from sugars, sodium and gluten, ( hence where i started getting this thought process) he won first place in all natural but he placed 20 th in the open circuit.

You realize that there are many successful bodybuilders and athletes out there that utilize flexible dieting methods too right?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I didn't intend to cause a storm, clearly some of you have issues, but the problem is if you have to label it then it's not good, flexible diet, watching what you eat, if I wanna eat cheese cake, even the word diet means something is wrong, even eat what you want, I used to love monster drinks, to me it was just a soda with some caffeine, now where I live you have to be 18 to buy it, I don't understand what all this negativity is coming from , to me, bottom line is there is good food, there is bad food, nutrition, good nutrition, yin and a damn yang, poor guy just wanted help, I assumed, ((which was wrong of me) that maybe he was in my situation, so I said my experience, then you guys come riding like the damn Lone Ranger, asking for quotes and articles, to me it's common sense, my grandparents and parents weren't over weight, America wasn't this obese, now tell me that certain foods out there isn't bad for you? Come on, macros micros, I can care less, I wanna live a long healthy overweight life, yes I said overweight, (5'11 should be 175 because I like the thick look I wanna hit 200) and if my story helps people so be it, but I won't run it at the risk of clogging an artery.

Oh the irony. Good reposte...well presented!

Also what in the name of....are you talking about...if you have to label it then its' not good...now, that's a new one.

Nobody likes labels, that's why all this happens. I had enough, you don't believe me then fine, I wish you all the best, but from relevant past to the present those foods are doing more bad than good. All over media, news, gyms, surprised why gyms never sell Pepsi and snickers? Atleast the ones I've been to never did.

Clearly you've never been to Planet Fitness.

I've heard about them, but never stepped inside one.

90% of the BS said here about Planet Fitness is not true. I don't know where people come up with it.

No, there's not a soda machine or a candy machine at PF. No, they don't have pizza night (not at any of the one's I've been to at least.. I'm sure demographics plays a big part in this). Lastly, yes, you can squat.

They do, in fact, have pizza night every 1st Monday of the month. They also give out tootsie rolls. I've heard there's bagels some days, but I never personally witnessed that.

• ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Curious about planetfitness, so I googled it and found lots of credible info that they have pizza night ... Even touted as a good business idea to increase business ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/free-pizza-propelled-planet-fitness-gym-growth-2014-3
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Curious about planetfitness, so I googled it and found lots of credible info that they have pizza night ... Even touted as a good business idea to increase business ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/free-pizza-propelled-planet-fitness-gym-growth-2014-3

Also, I've seen and eaten the pizza, although I did not eat the Tootsie rolls, as I think they're gross.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Ok I finally got caught up in this thread. Now I'm going to go get caught up in my inbox if you know what I'm saying.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Here's another thing with how you guys say I view food in relation to my attempt at bulking. I admitted in the "sweets when bulking" thread that I could stand to increase my intake of vegetables. Meanwhile, there's only but so much more room I have in my appetite to add a lot more food. I can't add a lot more non starchy vegetables (already eat plenty of potatoes) and food I consider to be "unhealthy" to my diet without feeling very full. Most liquid calorie options are out (milk - digestive issues, juice - already enough fruit in my diet, protein shakes -- would have to be lactose free and even then I think I'm getting enough protein). See the problem?

more excuses…
    just accept the fact that our attitude will never allow you to bulk and bow out of the gaining weight thread….
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Here's another thing with how you guys say I view food in relation to my attempt at bulking. I admitted in the "sweets when bulking" thread that I could stand to increase my intake of vegetables. Meanwhile, there's only but so much more room I have in my appetite to add a lot more food. I can't add a lot more non starchy vegetables (already eat plenty of potatoes) and food I consider to be "unhealthy" to my diet without feeling very full. Most liquid calorie options are out (milk - digestive issues, juice - already enough fruit in my diet, protein shakes -- would have to be lactose free and even then I think I'm getting enough protein). See the problem?

more excuses…
    just accept the fact that our attitude will never allow you to bulk and bow out of the gaining weight thread….

Way to help the guy out.
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

This thread is not about you. Go make your own thread.
    Will do, and will rant away there.

Did you ever try almond milk? It's alittle thicker, but packs almost all the calcium you need in 12oz?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Crap...

You stated that these foods I speak of aren't toxic, fear mongering to call them bad for your health, presented you with articles which I'm sure aren't just pulled out of the air, stating the health risks involved with consuming those foods, call me names, and yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to defend your claim that nothing is wrong with consuming these foods. That even makes me wonder if that is actually you in that photo or someone from another website based on peer evaluation?

See my profile pic. That's me eating about 5000 cals of junk (in 6m30s) at 8% bf. If this was toxic, I'd be dead. As I'm typing this, I'm clearly not.

Hope that helps
  • deviboy1592
    Options
    chrisdavey wrote: »
    Crap...

You stated that these foods I speak of aren't toxic, fear mongering to call them bad for your health, presented you with articles which I'm sure aren't just pulled out of the air, stating the health risks involved with consuming those foods, call me names, and yet you can't provide one shred of evidence to defend your claim that nothing is wrong with consuming these foods. That even makes me wonder if that is actually you in that photo or someone from another website based on peer evaluation?

See my profile pic. That's me eating about 5000 cals of junk (in 6m30s) at 8% bf. If this was toxic, I'd be dead. As I'm typing this, I'm clearly not.

Hope that helps

Wow very healthifying.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Crap...

Hope that helps

But dude...how do we know its you..it could be someone else based on peer evaluation (whatever the heck that means!!!)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Still waiting for the answer as to how food has zero nutritional value.

As well as seeing support for the statement "Soda is linked to prostate, processed meats to heart disease, diet soda to obesity and a whole slew of problems"

And that bb'ers all eat clean

And that "fast food' is going to leave you riddled with cancer and disease

And that broccoli is more beneficial than a "damn brownie" in every situation

And what is toxic 'food' - and how is it toxic

Also would love to know why its better to consume pesticides than eat junk all the time.

As well as the repeated question as who is suggesting to eat 'junk food' all the time.

Still waiting for answers to these, but I am expected to support an assertion I did not even make...

Wow....

Really? How is a brownie more beneficial than broccoli? Explain that to me?

omg.

Are we really back to a brownie being better than a broccoli.

is this dejavu???

I can't. Even.

Okay- let me see if I can third grade this for you:
    Because- sometimes - you need fast energy release- you need quick carbs.

if I'm running a long distance- brownie beats broccoli.

If I'm going for a lift snickers bar beats broccoli.

it has more carbs- more fats- more proteins.
    its' a more well rounded food to get me through a lift than a whole bucket of broccoli is.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the long timers will reject all of those links because they're not from a peer reviewed study.

Nope - I actually look at links to see if they contain references to studies and what the actual website is - please do not make assumptions.

Honestly, I am getting rather fed up with your dismissals of the 'long timers'.
    Ok, sorry. But all I see on here is anything claimed as a fact must be backed up by a peer reviewed study. People mocked me in another thread for posting a link that I thought was peer reviewed (came from a peer reviewed source, just that the article itself wasn't.)

So you accept those links as credible?
    In this situation, I would consider the Fitday and Dailymail articles credible sources, and possibly the blog.

I am UK based, I can assure you, the Dailymail is NOT a credible source.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Crap...

Hope that helps

Wow very healthifying.

It's such a shame that you've found a group of people that are REALLY GOOD at the thing you want to do and you are disrespecting and burning bridges! These people have helped turn body, health and fitness into something I couldn't dream of. There are no personal trainers that could touch them that wouldn't cost an absolute fortune.

I implore you to stop posting, start reading and researching, actually complete a couple of bulk cut phases and STOP posting advice. Then maybe you can be a useful member of MFP in a year or two.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the long timers will reject all of those links because they're not from a peer reviewed study.

Nope - I actually look at links to see if they contain references to studies and what the actual website is - please do not make assumptions.

Honestly, I am getting rather fed up with your dismissals of the 'long timers'.
    Ok, sorry. But all I see on here is anything claimed as a fact must be backed up by a peer reviewed study. People mocked me in another thread for posting a link that I thought was peer reviewed (came from a peer reviewed source, just that the article itself wasn't.)

So you accept those links as credible?
    In this situation, I would consider the Fitday and Dailymail articles credible sources, and possibly the blog.

I am UK based, I can assure you, the Dailymail is NOT a credible source.

Yes, and they supported the Nazis in WW2. Someone I knew went for an interview there and the lifestyle editor actually said that the main goal of the articles was to a) instill fear into women about their body image b) to provide advice and products to 'solve' it.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wow, this thread has a little bit of everything now…clean eating, planet fitness, bad food, good food, the I can't bulk but I still want to comment on it guy….geez...