Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It depends on your starting weight and how you carry it. There's more of a difference between the larger sizes I think.

Between size 12 and size 10 was something like 20 lbs for me (I lose from the top down so it took awhile). But the difference between 10 and 8 was only 10 lbs. The difference between a size 6 and a size 4 was 0 lbs, just a year of lifting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    JamieATX wrote: »
    At 85 lbs lost, I have only lost 4 sizes. It's like layers on an onion. The smaller you get the fewer pounds between sizes.

That was much more eloquent and made more sense than my version.
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11. I had lost 50. In the beginning it took about 15 pounds to drop a size. But when all was said and done , it was 5 sizes in 50. So pretty consistent with what others have been saying. I am up about 15 pounds and that is one size for me going the other way (
  • adnaram
    adnaram Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm with you- took 25 lbs to drop that first size. I'm hoping that the next comes sooner...
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It took approximately 20 lbs for my clothes to become too loose to wear. From past experience, from here on downward, every 10 lbs.
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I concur with previous statements that the larger you are, the more weight you need to lose to drop a size. It varies per person, but when I lost a lot of weight once before I had to lose about 10% of my weight to drop a size. I was quite large, 340 pounds and a size 30/32, and I had to drop 30-40 pounds before I moved down to a 26/28. I never did lose all of the weight--I got down to a size 18 at 240 pounds-- but I remember at that point it was closer to 20-25 pounds to drop a size.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Modelmydiet is another good site. I don't think I look as good as the Model My Diet girl, but when I poke in other people's info, it looks pretty close!!

I love going there, seeing how I looked, how it look now, what it will look like and what I would look like if I could reach my dream goal. :)
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Start:160, 5'4", pear-shape, size 10 jeans

Size 6 jeans after almost 5 months, 22 pounds down (never bought 8s) I had been starting to think I'd never go down a size

Size 4 jeans six months after starting, 27 pounds down

Size 0 jeans in same brand/style as all of the above jeans, about 8 months after starting, down 35 pounds total

Size 0 in a couple of other brands I've tried, about 10 months after starting, 38 pounds down total

I am very small-framed, with very narrow hip bones. There's actually still quite a bit of fat I'd like to lose on my upper thighs, which I think will size me out of some brands.

• auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I went from 255 lbs and a size 22, down to 168 and a size 16. My butt and thighs don't go away.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    JamieATX wrote: »
    At 85 lbs lost, I have only lost 4 sizes. It's like layers on an onion. The smaller you get the fewer pounds between sizes.

Definitely this. I wore size 22 for a range of (seriously) 60+ lb. Meanwhile, the difference for me between size 10 and 12 is around ten pounds, and between sizes 12-14 was roughly 15 lb.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I'm working on going from a 14 to a 12. 9 lbs is not enough. I'm 5" 6""

I'm 5'6", 167, and can fit into everything from a 12-16. I can zip up the only 10s I have, but it's pretty bulgy.

Someone once posted a link to a site where they had pics of women along with their weights and sizes. I'd like to see that again to compare my new weight.

I believe its mybodygallery.com

That's it! These women are brave. I saw quite a few around my weight in size 10s and at least one in an 8--must be lovely not being an apple!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds. I buy jeans by the waist size so I was squeezing into 32's when I started, think I'm about a 28 now and have lost 25 pounds. So actually...that math doesn't add up. I have no idea.
  • Linzer140fit
    Linzer140fit Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    About 10 pounds for most people...including myself. But I think your structure and where you carry your weight make a difference too. I can lose 30 pounds but my pant size really only changes once from a 10 to an 8.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    At 169 lbs I was a size 16, at 139 lbs I am a 10.
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    About 10 pounds for me too. I was 175 in a size 14. Dropped to 155 in a size 10. Now 140-145 in a size 8.
  • dayc
    dayc Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For me it's at least a stone (14lbs). I'm 5'8 and 145pounds. A uk size 10, I was a tight 10 at 152 lbs and still a comfortable 10 no way near an 8.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs. and have not yet dropped a pants size. However, my shirts are starting to look like maternity clothes on me. They hang off me and float all around.