Options

Replies

• Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    There selling that special brew here - ten quid a bottle
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    Your profile says that you specifically don't want to be hit on, on here at least. If that is your attitude about it, maybe you're repelling people? Also, and I can't emphasize this enough, you're married so it REALLY shouldn't matter to you. The fact that it does is a little unsettling to me.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you say you don't want to be hit on, you're probably sending a "vibe". But, married or not, people want the validation that goes along with being admired by someone other than their significant other....
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    We all like a boost for the day.
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My wife tells me I am hit on quite a bit; I always take it as just people being friendly. I agree with @donnysoule, I don't care if I am hit on, but it is nice to know that others notice the hard work that we put in day in and day out.
  • nerdburglar13
    Options
    Sometimes! But my dorky sarcastic wit usually makes short work of it and leaves them scratching their heads. (Or straight up stalking me after that.)
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sometimes! But my dorky sarcastic wit usually makes short work of it and leaves them scratching their heads. (Or straight up stalking me after that.)

I can live with stalking
  • JessicaJVRadcliffe
    JessicaJVRadcliffe Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It is directly related to my mood. When I am smiley and cheerful, frequently. When I shut down, no.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    donnysoule wrote: »
    married or not, people want the validation that goes along with being admired by someone other than their significant other....

Absolutely!!

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Your profile says that you specifically don't want to be hit on, on here at least. If that is your attitude about it, maybe you're repelling people? Also, and I can't emphasize this enough, you're married so it REALLY shouldn't matter to you. The fact that it does is a little unsettling to me.

Who invited her? Sheesh, you just killed my whole vibe for the day.
  • JessicaJVRadcliffe
    JessicaJVRadcliffe Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Married or not, no one can deny that it is nice to know you are appreciated.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Human nature.

• siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options

and you are appreciated :heart_eyes:
  • Sweetsluv
    Sweetsluv Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Exactly!!!! Especially if your husband isn't one for compliments.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Most of time it happens from patients I work with. And then I offer them a bowel prep or have to empty their drain, so it really never goes anywhere good after that..

Does that count?
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Most of time it happens from patients I work with. And then I offer them a bowel prep or have to empty their drain, so it really never goes anywhere good after that..

Does that count?
    I bet you have their undivided attention though lol
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    Options

10/10 would stalk again
  • Tantaluss
    Options
    I can safely say I have never been hit on, be it online or in real life haha.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No, I dont either maybe ocassionaly on facebook but never in person. Its pretty sad :neutral_face: