I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options

Replies

• sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I'm a short guy (5'4) I pretty much get eliminated from every girls search filter immediately with online dating lol. Ok not really funny, but true story!

Oh yeah...in my experience girls are pretty obsessed with height (though I'm 5'10"). Most need a guy to be 3" taller than them so they can wear heals.

I've always been curious why that's not as shallow as what a lot of guys say.

You know why- because if they wear heels their man complains about their woman being taller.

so yeah- we like wearing our heels- so we like a man to be taller so he doesn't *kitten* about us wearing our heels.

Do I wish my BF was taller- yes-he's only like 1.5" taller than me- and I wear the *kitten* out of some big heels. not a single fuk was given either. he doesn't love them- but he doesn't care if I wear them- never gives me grief- and fortunately I have him trained- if we are doing a surprise date- he tells me what shoes to wear- or avoid- so no awkward shoe malfunctions.

BUT- what really is more of a problem- we can't walk with his arm over my shoulders- because the height difference is so close- I have to scrunch to get under his arm- or he has to stretch to get over my shoulders- so- we hold hands more often than anything else.
    Heels mean I can go 'over' but

I suppose. But even if you tell a girl who's 5'9" that I don't mind if you're taller, where the ____ out of those heels they're still a deal breaker for a lot of women.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if she's short or tall :smile:
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

I agree with him. You seemed to have completely misinterpreted his point.

Wut?

LOL, why was he talking to his THREE exes? He must WANT to be wanted by people and that's the only thing that fuels him or is lying.
    What a douchekebab.

Because they ALL text him for the sex. Obviously.

LOL.

What is the problem? He's just providing references, duh LOL :)

Guys are pretty dumb sometimes...what on earth would make a guy think, "I'll just tell I totally bang all my exes still and she'll **swoon** for sure".
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So glad I have never really dated...got married at 19 and finding guys in high school was easy lol
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    JessG1003 wrote: »
    So glad I have never really dated...got married at 19 and finding guys in high school was easy lol

yes..its a nightmare when you get to 47 i tell ya.. lol
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    jyogit wrote: »
    JessG1003 wrote: »

yes..its a nightmare when you get to 47 i tell ya.. lol

LOL...I'm 25 now and I can only imagine I KNOW I would not want to date now!
  • jyogit
    Options
    the DATING is the easy part..its GETTING a date thats the problem.. lol
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

See, it's the opposite for me.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

That's because you are a cute girl, it will always be easy for you!
  • jyogit
    edited January 2015
    Options

Really ? .. ive always found it easy to mix with females and get on..im always at ease with new people and can usually find some "like ground" to ease into a conversation etc etc
  • PRMinx
    Options

Awww, that was nice. Thank you.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Really ? .. ive always found it hard to mix with females and get on..im always at ease with new people and can usually find some "like ground" to ease into a conversation etc etc

The crazy usually comes out halfway through the first beer.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Idk, I think the tough part is finding someone that actually wants a relationship, as opposed to someone that just wants to bang ya. Guess I got lucky that my guy wanted a relationship.
  • jyogit
    Options

The crazy usually comes out halfway through the first beer.

lol .. yes that usually happens to me too
  • sklarbodds
    Options

Yep :smile:

Match (at least where I'm from):
    Girl with no pic....50 messages the first day (granted, 3/4 are perverted or creepy)
    Guy w/ decent looks and a pic...1 message, maybe

A cute girl I dated a while from Match (who was actually pretty cool, but didn't want to be exclusive after a few weeks so I ended it)...she set her account to hidden her account and somehow still got messages. LOL. When it was active she would get 200+ messages a week and a few 100 winks/likes/favorites/etc. Her profile was a few pics and the minimum number of characters to describe herself lol.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    this thread just reminds me how single i am and how hard it is for me to find someone who is both physically appealing but personality wise as well

• ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

Okay, read what you shared and my jaw dropped. I seriously don't get my gender.

It was a special moment for me.

I can only imagine.
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    this thread just reminds me how single i am and how hard it is for me to find someone who is both physically appealing but personality wise as well

Amen to that.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

+1
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I only have one experience with dating, and it was terrible. I was friends with a man online for a few years, when he suddenly took a strong interest in me. I'd just turned 18, and being the lonely and naive girl I was, I fell for it. I never met him in person, thankfully, but he strung me along for two years. Over time I found out the following:

He was hiding his age from me (he was 28 years older).
    He was doing the same thing to several other women.
    He was very good at lies and manipulation.
    He thought women being raped by other women was "hot".
    He believed he was a vampire alien/human hybrid (yes, I'm serious).
    He enjoyed making jokes about child sex trafficking.
    He believed his doctor was inserting government tracking chips in his skin.
    He believed he was a spiritual revolutionary sent here to awaken the sheeple to the "Truth"

He eventually admitted he liked that I was vulnerable and had essentially been grooming me from the start. All of that doesn't even come close to covering his insanity. I took me too long to realize I deserved better. Needless to say, my standards are much higher now and it will be quite awhile before I attempt dating again.