Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh! I would love to join a Max 30 accountability group! Please invite me!
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @izu87‌ ! Let's rock this!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Re-started.....again...thing I've got a good schedule to follow to keep me going now...don't know how much I'll post here at the moment, but I'm still at it.
  • izu87
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »
    Welcome to the group @izu87‌ ! Let's rock this!

Thanks! :smiley:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Max Power today. Month 2 is not a game. I maxed out at 5.45. My legs were on fire around the 4 minute mark. And my arms are still screaming at me.
  • izu87
    Options
    Those that are already on month 2, do you already see a difference? How much have you lost?
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    Those that are already on month 2, do you already see a difference? How much have you lost?

I haven't taken my measurements yet. I meant to do it this past weekend, but I got busy. I plan to do it this weekend. But in terms of weight, I've lost about 3-5 pounds. I've found that I shed more inches than pounds in Shaun T's workouts.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Max Power today. Month 2 is not a game. I maxed out at 5.45. My legs were on fire around the 4 minute mark. And my arms are still screaming at me.

This scares me! On day two of month one, and my legs are killing me! Looks like I have a lot more of that to look forward to as the program progresses.
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    @bug1114‌ Don't be scared of it! Embrace that! The great thing about this workout is that you're actually invited to hit that failure point and Max Out. You hit that because you earned that by going 100%. Then you stop and take a breath and then jump right back into it and go hard again. I always found it liberating to be able to push hard and hit that wall. That quick reset is just what i need to get back into it. When I started the program, I was maxing out FAST. Now I'm able to extend that out a little bit at a time every time I do it. That tangible goal to beat the previous Max time by even just ONE second is SO satisfying when you do it. We got you. You got this!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started week 2 off with Cardio Challenge. Maxed out at 16:36 which was a little more than 4 minutes better than week 1.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Did Tabata Strength today! Felt so invigorated and really pushed hard, my calf has let up a bit. Maxed out earlier today, it happens. 6:40
  • Naomi_13
    Naomi_13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey I did Cardio challenge yesterday and did Tabata Power today, holy cow push up moves, my mortal enemy! Well I know where I need to improve :) I'm really enjoying these workouts, I did insanity before but never finished because the workouts got too long. These have everything in it that I love in only 30 mins.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    I did Tabata Power today. Maxed out at 19:52.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Naomi_13 wrote: »
    Hey I did Cardio challenge yesterday and did Tabata Power today, holy cow push up moves, my mortal enemy! Well I know where I need to improve :) I'm really enjoying these workouts, I did insanity before but never finished because the workouts got too long. These have everything in it that I love in only 30 mins.

Those moving Plyo pushups are a real killer. The first time I did those last week, I thought my wrists we're going to break. They were a little easier today, though.
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the Max 30 push ups are just nutso hard...but..learning I can improve on tricep push ups. Did Max Strength today....tough work out! I did Body pump after...my arms felt like rubber..LOL!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    This morning was Max Out Sweat. I maxed out at 5.15. I normally try to make it passed the first water break (depending on where it falls), but that didn't happen today, lol.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Did Sweat intervals today, last time seeing this one because i am only 2 workouts away from month 2, max month. Wasnt feeling it today but still pressed play and pushed, maxed out at 10:58, normally i max at 12 something, but my mind was so out of it. Oh well, ill push hard in tabata strength tmrw :)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    16:40 in Sweat Fest today....can't tell you how much better this workout feels than the rest of MAX 30. Then again, I'm biased to the original Insanity and Asylum.
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    I did Sweat intervals last night and Maxed out at 22:12.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Today called for Max Out Power, but my arms & back are still super sore from all of Tuesday's shenanigans, so I swapped it out for Max Out Cardio. I'm not overly concerned about soreness, but I am concerned about injury. It really comes down to listening to your body.

But I maxed out at 6.14. I also feel like it was a good call b/c I overslept on Monday so I missed doing Max Out Cardio that morning, and since I go to spin Monday evenings I couldn't do it that night.