What did you eat for breakfast this morning?

Options

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled
    1 smart bagel with a bit of PB
    2 packets of instant oatmeal (low sugar)
    herbal tea

so satisfied and delicious!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    3 coffees with semi skimmed milk and a tsp sugar, and a pumpkin 9 bar
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    I had a Dannon plain greek yogurt cup with 1T of honey, 1/4 cup Kashi toasted berry crumble mixed in and used slices of a granny smith apple for the spoon. So yummy!!!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    One omelet:
    1/2 cup Whites Only filled with Fresh spinach, sauteed onion and mushrooms (in Pam), a couple of sliced grape tomatoes, and half a serving of crumbled goat cheese. Seasoned with salt-free cajun seasoning.

And one 90-calorie sugar free chocolate muffin top.

Coffee with unsweetened Silk almond milk.
  • troythegeek
    troythegeek Posts: 47
    Options
    Today was toast and peach preserves, but normally it is quaker oatmeal. The other day I scrambled an egg and put it and some salsa into a 80 calorie tortilla and it was delicious. Can't wait to try different variations of that.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I made homemade protien bars a couple of weeks ago and have been taking them out of the freezer. They taste delicious. I am not a morning person so I hate having to get up early to make a full meal.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    This is my favorite breakfast. I wake up looking forward to it!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup fat free milk
    generous shake of cinnamon
    ground ginger

Put all in extra large bowl and nuke 'til done (about 3 mins). Add one sliced medium banana.
  • xlpavenged7x
    Options
    I actually cooked breakfast this morning and had:

6 tablespoons of egg whites
    1 oz of baby spinach
    2 oz 99% fat free jenni-o deli cut turkey
    1/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese
    2 pieces of 100% whole wheat toast
    1/2 cup of strawberries
    and of course, water!!

It was a very protein filled breakfast!! yum (:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I had 3 whole eggs, scrambled with regular cheddar cheese.

When I feel like a change up, I sometimes do oatmeal with craisins or sandwich thin toast with peanut butter and banana... yogurt and a banana if I wake up late.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    1 serving Fiber One Frosted Shredded wheat cereal with 4.6oz Vanilla Almond Breeze and some sliced bananas. 4oz Trop50 (wanted water instead but didn't any any that was cold- dont do tap here)
  • techteacher371
    Options
    Fiber one honey clusters-one cup and 3/4 fat free milk and 1/2 grapfruit
    or
    Boca vegan buger 1/2 grapefruit
    or
    Greek yogurt and 1/2 grapefruit
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    savory oatmeal.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Today, I had dark chocolate oatmeal.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This morning, I had one Fage Total nonfat Greek Yogurt with Strawberry Goji and a Banana Nut Vitatop...a good power combo of protein and fiber to start the day off!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter and diced banana. Yum, I loooooove peanut butter on my oatmeal! Also, I use steel cut oats, which are way better for you (in terms of gylcemic index and fiber content). They take 20 minutes to cook, so I make a big pot on Sunday night and I have my breakfast for the whole week!

On the weekend I might have a couple eggs as a change :)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    frosted mini wheats strawberry delight with some skim milk and a banana. gotta have my cereal in the morning. its like how some ppl are with coffee! i just dont function without it!
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person, so during the school week my breakfast is usually something fast and easy that I can eat in the car.

Most of the time, I try to make big batches of muffins on the weekends with whole wheat, oats, fruit, nuts, etc.--no added sugar or fat--and keep them in a big baggie in the fridge. Then I can just warm them up in the oven while I get ready in the morning, grab them on my way out the door, and eat while I drive. Other mornings I toast some of my homemade bread and top it with a little bit of local jam or some peanut/almond butter.

The last couple of weeks, I've been a slacker in the kitchen because I've been recovering from surgery, so I haven't been baking, and my breakfast has been bananas, granola bars, PB&J, and/or yogurt.

On the weekends, we pretty much always cook. Sometimes we'll make french toast or pancakes, sometimes we cook up a country-style breakfast with grits, eggs, etc., and sometimes we'll sautee a big batch of yummy veggies from the farmer's market with Micah's home-cured bacon and top them with a sunny-side-up egg. (That might be my favorite!) If we sleep late, we sometimes skip breakfast and eat lunch food instead.

No matter what day it is, coffee keeps me from harming myself or others. :smile: During the week, I fill my to-go cup with ~16oz of coffee, 1/2 teaspoon of real sugar, and 1/4 cup of 2% milk. On the weekends, I usually have one cup of coffee with 1/2 a shot of irish cream.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Needed a quick breakfast today, so had cereal (1c Kashi Go Lean Crunch w/Flax with 1/2 c skim milk). Plus a banana nut vitatop vitamuffin.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    chia pudding with almond butter and hemp protein, yum!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    3 egg whiles and lots of spinach