What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• obliviatenox
    obliviatenox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My jeans feel looser than they were a few months ago.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    Setting a PR on Bench Press: 315 lbs for two reps. It has been at least since years since I have bench pressed 315...and I could only do it once!

That's awesome! WTG!!
  • epido
    Options
    Great workout today! Worked on deadlifts, and managed reps at 235. Also made some progress on my pistols!

I have been doing them (the pistols) with a step on risers behind me to "sit" onto, and have managed to get to the point where I am using 4 risers underneath the step. Today, I was able to do so fairly easily. The other thing is, I had been able to do them while holding a 12 kg (26.4 lb) kettle bell as a counterweight. Today I stepped up to a 30 lb bell.

Things went well enough with the pistols today, that my trainer told me he thinks it's time we "take off the training wheels," so it looks like I am going to be trying them without the step in the very near future!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Taste changes.

Got a box of gourmet chocolates as a gift. I put it in the freezer. When I'm craving sweets, I take out 1 and wait for it to defrost. Had one today and it tasted too sweet. Snickers bars are also now too sweet for my taste and are off the menu. Totally avoided donuts and danishes at a potluck and a tray of Danishes in the cupboard. Even raisins seem to taste sweeter than before.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Bought a size 4 skirt. Vain, yes, but dammit I earned it :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Every Friday at work donuts are brought in from this great mom & pop place down the street. It used to be my "treat" for myself each week, and now I don't even feel like having it.
    Also - day 16 no fast foods!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Was moaning that my jeans are looking very threadbare - this is the first pair in over 20 years that will wear out at the knee before they go rip/ wear between the legs!!!!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just today I had three of them: I grocery shopped without straying from my list or "rewarding" myself with a candy bar at the end, I started walking again, and I successfully turned down cake (that I didn't even really want) at the office. It feels pretty great after six months of suckage!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Avskk-you had a great day, I wish I could stick to my list grocery shopping, I tend to over buy in general, good for you walking, it has been cold and I have alittle cold so I havent, but tommorrow its suppose to be around 56, I think I will walk , even if its for a short time. Congratulations on turning down cake, sometimes we need to remember its only cake.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    NSV this week: no longer feeling like fat is pushing up inside my ribcage when I sit in my husband's low sitting car.
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    NSV--but not?! So, we always go to the shore this weekend (long weekend, winter beach trip!). We spend the time in the pool and relaxing...well, bit of a problem! I don't have a bathing suit that will fit me! Don't want to buy a new one yet, because I'm not FINISHED YET! So, the suit I have is a two piece and the bottom are shorts. They were big when I bought them, size 20 --now a 12/14. Do you think suspenders will work? :#
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Earlier in the week, my boyfriend asked me when I was going to buy new clothes, because my scrubs were sagging and not skin tight. Last night, I had them uncinched, and they fell around my ankles! And that's only after an approximate 16-19 difference!!
  • janiceclark08
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think they will drive you crazy being is big in the water , not sure about the suspenders, they would also be a pain. Why not just purchase a pair of bottoms, at least you can enjoy yourself.
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    janiceclark08--I might see what I can get for a good price. Maybe throw on a pair of running shorts--I won't look classy, but oh well--I'll never see those people ever again! :0)
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good idea about the shorts, its great to lose weight, but re-buying everything is sometimes hard, especially bathing suits in January, at least around here. Maybe they will have one where your going.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been doing them (the pistols) with a step on risers behind me to "sit" onto, and have managed to get to the point where I am using 4 risers underneath the step. Today, I was able to do so fairly easily. The other thing is, I had been able to do them while holding a 12 kg (26.4 lb) kettle bell as a counterweight. Today I stepped up to a 30 lb bell.

Things went well enough with the pistols today, that my trainer told me he thinks it's time we "take off the training wheels," so it looks like I am going to be trying them without the step in the very near future! [/quote]

I lift weights but have never heard of a "pistol". Can you explain?
  • epido
    Options

I lift weights but have never heard of a "pistol". Can you explain?

A pistol is a single leg squat. Here's a really short video of what one looks like.

• allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I ran 10 miles today! Previous longest run was just under 9. I can't believe I used to hate running!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got onto the sub list as an Aqua fitness instructor at my YMCA.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!