Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish all the mothers and grandmothers out there a very happy mother's day...hope you have a day filled with love & laughter.

I've had a very busy bittersweet week. I graduated from Loma Linda Cardiac Rehab so I won't have to drive all the way out there anymore which will save me lots of time & gas but I will miss all my new friends there. Also now I have to take everything they taught me and do it on my own now but I have all of you to help and encourage me so I'm not truly alone.

I also saw my cardiologist this week and got the results of my heart scan last week. It is much better...he was very pleased. My heart has shrunk in size, my BP is down, my pulse is down, and my ejection fraction is up to 40% (normal is 60-70) which is much better than it was in January (25%). So I am living proof that you can improve your health with proper diet and exercise. I need to get blood work done still but I'm sure it's better now, too. Finally after two years of struggling, I seem to be on the right track.

I haven't done so well this week though. The scale seems to be stuck. I think I need to exercise more to break through so that is my goal for next week. It looks like you all are doing so well and I love your jokes and your flowers...makes me wish I had a garden but I live in an apartment so no garden for now.

Well...better head off to bed...once again "Happy Mother's Day" to you all :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Donna that's brilliant news and you have done so well and can say you did it all yourself so a big, big hug.:heart: Sounds as if you are determined to continue the healthy lifestyle so I wouldn't worry too much about the sticky scales, it could just be water retention. I hope your walk around the neighbourhood is a pleasant one. Wherever we are there's always something interesting to see if we just raise our heads and open our eyes, so enjoy!!

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!! Enjoy your day, you have earned it!! Think of you all often. Gayla <3

Happy mother day to you gayla. so nice to see you this morning. Have a great day. Alice will be out this morning and I just look up cobb salad at the resturant we are gping too and it has 2500 gr of sodum So don't lmpw ahat I will eat. Probable grilled chickn and veggies. No Fried blackberry Pie this time around. Have a good one!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Donna your post sounds so encourageing So proud of you taking the bullets by the horn. You will make itAnd we will help you.

Oldtyke Wish you could post your flowers.

Jackie always a pleasure hearing from you

Jake Thanks for the joke, Judy quit posting her jokes and I missed them.

Gotta go and get dressed.
    see you later

HAPPY MOTHER DAY SNEAKERS
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: AWESOM NEWS Donna! :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CareBears.jpg

These are some CARE BEARs that I crocheted many many years ago and sold them at work.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers' Day everybody! Haven't the vaguest idea of calories involved in the First Watch Mothers'Day special crepe, so I just won't list today's food. This is officially my Lost Week! However, I'm down another pound, and tomorrow I'll get myself in tow again and find some discipline!
    Also, my computer went crazy, and entered a diagnostic mode, found nothing wrong, but wouldn't log off properly. I hope it didn't pick up a virus, so I'd better scan!
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    here is a recipe I found in an old WW cookbook I try it the other day and like it much better than greek yogurt
    Will post it in our Sneakers recipe.

Weight Watchers Recipe
    Yogurt Cheese Greek Yogurt
    This cheese is extraordinarily versatile, substituting for cream cheese and for sour cream; you'll find it used in several recipes.
    Makes 4 Servings
    3 cups plain nonfat yogurt - no gelatin in yogurt
    Spoon the yogurt into a coffee filter or cheese-cloth line sieve; place over a bowl. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, several hours. Discard the liquid.
    Per serving: 73 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g Saturated fat, 2.5 mg Cholesterol, 86 mg Sodium, 8 g Total carbohydrate, 0 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Protein, 249 mg Calcium. Points per serving 1 (not points plus)
    Tip: the longer you drain the yogurt cheese, the thicker it will be - for sour cream consistency, drain 6-8 hours; for cream cheese consistency, drain about 24 hours. Have not figure out how much yet How much is!/4 of the recipe . I Better go to google. i did go to google but Didn't didn't tell me a thing?

draing all the whey out of Yogurt take most of the sodium out.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Marie, I'm so glad your DH is finished with his treatments, and hope all goes well and he and you enjoy a long life together! :drinker:

Barbie, what a great quote! I'll try to remember it...

Sandy, how terrific you could attend the graduation in DC. Enjoy and safe return, dear!

Jackie, your azaleas are SO lovely! We don't grow them in S Florida...:cry:

Dee, a Happy Mothers Day to you, too, and all the gals online here!

Judi, I agree with you about Sandy's GOOD to be a WOMAN!!!:bigsmile: And if you can send the SCENT of lilacs, too, I'm waiting!

Jeri, the crocuses are such a welcome sign of spring up north. Enjoy!

Jake!!! OMG!!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Barbie, I'll settle for Chinese food anytime!

Gayla, if anyone has earned a Happy Mothers Day, it's you! Hope it was a good one!

Donna, the scale will move eventually, but the rest of your report is fabulous! Ya don good, ole gal!

Marie, I remeber that yogurt recipe! i used to love it, but it's simpler to just buy the Fage !:ohwell:

Have a great finish to Mothers Day, everybody, and I'll try to get normal tomorrow!

Buzz
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    OK Ma - you may not want another one[:laugh: ] Hi to all you lovely ladies...I'll pop back later - too nice a day to be inside...luv ya all.

Children writing stories about the ocean.

1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)

2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)

3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't
    have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Jimmy, age 7)

4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily
    Richardson She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)

5) - A dolphin breaths through an *kitten* on the top of its head. (Billy, age 8)

6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots
    and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)

7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the
    ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to
    make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off
    eating beans. (William, age 7)

8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and
    I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant?
    Like, really? (Helen, age 6)

9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is a always
    crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mum, and my big sister has just got
    pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)

10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can
    give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think
    they have to plug themselves in to chargers.
    (Christopher, age 7)

11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes
    my willy small. (Kevin, age 6)

12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water.. Divers can't
    go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. ( Becky, age 8)

13) - On vacation my Mum went water skiing. She fell off when she was
    going very fast.. She says she won't do it again because water fired
    right up her big fat *kitten*.. (Julie, age 7)

14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't drown
    I don't know. (Bobby, age 6)

15) - My dad was a sailor on the ocean He knows all about the ocean.
    What he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my Mum.(James, age 7)
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Love your post, Judy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Love your post, Judy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Buzz
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, your are all very special and my life won't be the same without your support and love,
    for that I love everyone of you and I'm so proud to be part of this amazing group:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Happy Mother's Day:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gigi
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Judy some of them made me laughtout loud, lolThanks for the chuckle.

I see tomorrow is my WI. But Ny feet and ankle are both swollen up real bad. could get my sanfdes on so have to wear a pair rof walking shoe and it is such a beutiful day. So I expect a gain. I did not take my water pill for I didn't want to be peeing all the time we were out I will get one early in the morning.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    lilies.jpg

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
    Options
    Judy, that was so cute, out of the mouths of babes!
    Sandy, i enjoyed yours and Jakes as well!
    Hope you have all had a good day. Knowing many of you well enough to know that you deserve this special day!

Maddie, this year may be a sad Mothers Day, but by next year, I hope this day will be filled with good memories for you and your family.
    we miss you
    Irene, we miss you too! Hope you are having a happy day.
    gayla, you are wished the best of everything, today and always! So glad you are getting a new kitchen to enjoy!
    buzz, isnt it funny that technology is becoming overwhelming to the point that we need help understanding our appliances! Lol, have fun!
    I think it is author JD Robb, aka Nora Roberts, whose female futuristic character just enters what she wants and it shows up in her fridge. Now that is cool! Bet you still have to pay for it.
    Peeeeuuuuuuw! We are behind a smelly cow truck, Im going to put my head under the covers until we get away from that smell!
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sandy, How did you know that's how i entertain myself?
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hooray everyone had a good Mothers Day. I did. Judy, loved the jokes.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning:

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day.

I went out for breakfast with my husband and then we bought some dwarf lilac bushes to
    replace my rose bushes which had root rot. He got me a lovely basket of plants and flowers for MD.

We went to see my daughters and son-in-law and went out for dinner. My gifts from my
    daughters were a chocolate fondue and a bucket of margaritas which you freeze and two
    margararita glasses. Not good for weight loss but I know I will have fun this summer. :bigsmile:

Now back to work and reality. Still trying to get to my next level in weight loss and having a plateau
    right now. Up only .8 ounces from yesterday. Will have that off by the end of the week.

Buzz : Good Luck with your computer, I hope you don't have a virus.
    Phoebe: Love those flowers they are beautiful.
    Options
    Donna, congrats on a good 'report card'! You have worked for it and earned it. So many things make your weight loss stall, it'll move, just not fast enough to satisfy our desires!
    buzz, you go girl! Another pound down, I think your low sodium is doing wonders for you.
    I'm forever grateful to you for Trader Joes! The pnut butter, and the hi fiber cereal are winners for me, and I'll go back for more.
    Barbie, you two look so happy in your profile pic, babies are cuties, are they best friends?
    mRie, well, you know much more than I do about it, but my guess is your weight gain is all in your feet and ankles. When do you visit your doctor?
    Barbs, we are still missing you
    have a great week everyone!