Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• I ate 800+ calories over my limit today and I feel like absolute crap about it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Also, not to judge, but more than one person said they throw out a bunch of food. Why? There are so many starving people in this world, and doesn't that waste money? Maybe I just don't have a big food budget.

My confession? That bothered me too. I. Just. Can't. Help it.

:-/

My mind automatically goes... Food bank/neighbors/co-workers. (I suck at this game).
    :-(

That's why this was a hard confession for me on a couple levels. One being I had wasted food and didn't even wait until the morning to bring it to work (though I try not to have peanut butter at work because there are a lot of children with peanut allergies).
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    My craziest cheat ever all in one day. 60 min hot yoga, then a gyro wrap with tabbouleh salad. Then some froyo with sprinkles. then another hour of restorative yoga followed with Panera - a cup of chicken wild rice soup, 1/2 smokehouse panini, a cinnamon crunch bagel and a chocolate chip hot chocolate. I was up 5 pounds the day after, but lost it all and 2 more by the end of the week. I lost my damn mind.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Lets see, another confession... I roll my eyes at a lot of the threads about-juicing "rebooting"/sugar/healthy eating/keto/paleo....

But my close friends think I am a super duper healthy eater.
  • mwm158
    mwm158 Posts: 30 Member
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    3Alice3 wrote: »
    I have done the hot chocolate powder thing. Just kept dipping the spoon in water and back in the powder, rinse and repeat. Was actually amazing so now I have to have the sachets instead of the big pot so I don't do it again haha.

Humm a confession. My daughter doesn't like crusts on her sandwiches so some days when I am prepping it I eat her crusts. There. I said it.

I do this - I have a special diary entry called "PB&J crusts" that I created to count the calories from my son's sandwich crusts. I only like the PB&J sandwich crusts - if he has a different kind of sandwich and doesn't want the crust, I feed them to the dog.

I also wear the same workout clothes for several days before washing them.

I've never done the dry hot chocolate, but I keep dark chocolate chips in the house for when I want something sweet. Grab a handful, weigh them, and eat them.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!
    These two posts explain a lot of the mysteries of my youth. Meanwhile, I was apparently wasting my time explaining to my friends why they should not make fun of heavier girls when I guess I should have just been practicing more bob and weave.

@MyChocolateDiet You weren't wasting your time... trust me I appreciate you telling your friends that. :)

It makes me quite sad to read the above posts. Being on MFP I've learned that looking at someone's body can't tell the real story.. being heavier, being thin...doesn't make a person better or worse. Fat shaming/skinny shaming has no place anywhere most of all on a fitness site. :(
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Also, not to judge, but more than one person said they throw out a bunch of food. Why? There are so many starving people in this world, and doesn't that waste money? Maybe I just don't have a big food budget.

My manager bought cookies and donuts for training sessions a few weeks ago. No one ate them and gave me 5 cookies to take home (I, at least, had the guts to say no to the donuts). 10 minutes into my drive home I ate 4 of the 200+ calorie cookies. I had to toss the last one out the window to prevent myself from eating it. For me, it was the only thing I could do to control myself.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Okay, I chalk this up to my OCD, lol. Whenever I scoop something out of a jar with a spoon (i.e. peanut butter), I weigh the spoon first. Then I weigh it again after I'm done dishing out a serving. That way I can lick the spoon and track what I ate off the spoon as well.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

been there, done that...many times.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

I used to do this, too! I managed to figure out the precisely optimum ratio of milk to powder such that it wasn't a gooey paste but chocolate milk with lots of lumps. If only I had put that much effort into other things!
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Okay, I chalk this up to my OCD, lol. Whenever I scoop something out of a jar with a spoon (i.e. peanut butter), I weigh the spoon first. Then I weigh it again after I'm done dishing out a serving. That way I can lick the spoon and track what I ate off the spoon as well.
    If you just put the jar on the scale, zero it out, scoop out the peanut butter...you get a negative number of whatever you took out.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Sometimes, if there are cupcakes or cookies in the house, I'll break off a small piece of one, eat it, then throw out the rest so I'm not tempted. And I hide it under other trash so my housemates don't know I'm wasting food. I do this with slices of bread sometimes too :/

I'm a feeder. I love baking sweet treats like cupcakes etc and giving them to my non-dieting friends or housemates. Usually I will lick the bowl and spoon and log like 1/4cup cake batter or whatever which satisfies my sweet tooth for the day, then enjoy watching other people enjoy the finished product >:)
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Confession....hmm....

I threw my water bottle at the couple who were doing 45 mph through a 20 mph zone at the park. (happened yesterday)

• jenniferhajhaj
    jenniferhajhaj Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2015
    I was supposed to go grocery shopping and buy things like organic chicken and veggies for salad and somehow found myself saying, "A cheeseburger and small french fries," into the golden arches box last week. I don't even like McDonald's. Now I'm going to a different market that doesn't have a fast food drive thru in the same parking lot.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    I was supposed to go grocery shopping and buy things like organic chicken and veggies for salad and somehow found myself saying, "A cheeseburger and small french fries," into the golden arches box last week. I don't even like McDonald's. Now I'm going to a different market that doesn't have a fast food drive thru in the same parking lot.

I go through McDonald's sometimes when I am craving something salty...and I usually get the same thing, a cheeseburger, small fries, and a large diet coke. Fits perfectly into my calories.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    I ate an entire sleeve of Girl Scout Trefoils this week! They were tasty.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3

Thanks. Saying I'm unhappy is a confession because I don't feel like I have a reason to be? Things aren't that difficult, I just just feel like something's missing. I don't understand where people find joy. I decided to buy a house, and put an offer in today for a great one. I'm not excited at all about it, and I don't know why. Oh well, off to bed, gotta work another 12 hours tomorrow.

This sounds like Depression or Dysthymia. You aren't alone in feeling that way.