40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Good morning Kid's !!
    Lost another pound. 61 lbs. since June. 111 lbs. since the left side of my profile picture and 11 lbs. since the right . :smiley: I need to get a new picture.
    BMI of 23.6
    Weight 151 lbs.
    No idea on the other stuff. LOL

I'm not sure if this will work but saw a funny video on fb I'll try to post.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=778541632193513&set=vb.135583746489308&type=2&theater

KellySue- You are awesome ! I love the fact life doesn't seem to get you down. I hope you are okay after " making snow angels " :)

Curious- Great job continuing to get to the gym.

Sylvarose- Props on a good wellness check !

Scmom2boyz- We will be hot in our 40's !! Just say no to the "Frumpy Mom" !!

QHjr- Wow ! on the profile picture.

3furballs- Kickboxing sounds like so much fun.

Larro- Great job as always.

Sdereski and Carmel- you two never take a breath. Send me some energy. :)

I'll check back later. I hear the pitter patter of little feet upstairs. Time to start the day.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great start to the weekend, kettlebell class followed by kickboxing class! Now what to do with the rest of my day? Tomorrow is a rest day and my shoulders are looking forward to it!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Larro - most times it is very difficult for me to stop at one serving of chocolate, let alone other foods. There have been days when I have thought it was be easier to strap on a feedbag.

Sylvarose - way to go!!!

3furballs - I'm with you. If I could learn to hate chocolate I would be better off. I'm already not a fan of beer. Vodka or Whiskey and I'm there.

Started today off great with a 40 minute walk on the trail with my dog. Checked my weight when I first got up and I am down a total of 4.3lbs (insert happy dance here) :)
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Jackie unlimited way to go on the weight loss@
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I've been so inspired this week reading everyone's accomplishments.
  • pippin44
    pippin44 Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am back on mfp. 2 years ago I was at my goal weight -- looked and felt great. Somehow all the weight is back, plus a few more. I know it's because I stopped exercising and took to many liberties with my diet. I want my healthy self back. My total goal is 60lbs, but my mini goal is 20lbs by 4/1. I would love to be part the group too.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. I'm so glad most are having positive weeks.

I have not, particularly. No weight gain, but no loss, and little exercise due to some high pain levels. Hopefully, the next week will be better.

Squeamish men look away. Ladies, this is day 9 of a period that is supposed to start tomorrow. Found out Tuesday that I'll be having a hysterectomy within two months unless my endometrial biopsy comes back malignant. It's 99.9% likely a benign fibroid; I'm done with child-bearing; I desperately want relief from the symptoms. But I got a bit down. Feel free to friend me. I won't bore you with daily details - I just like seeing positive changes showing up on my feed.
  • EsKezzy
    EsKezzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Planning my day - birthday party for a friend's little girl (and probably amazing Chinese and American foods) and then the rest of the day. Since I only care about Super Bowl if there is a social event going on and we're not going to any this year, I'm going to a Jazzercise class this afternoon instead of sitting around.

How do you all mark the group so you can find it? I was having a terrible time looking for it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    EsKezzy wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Planning my day - birthday party for a friend's little girl (and probably amazing Chinese and American foods) and then the rest of the day. Since I only care about Super Bowl if there is a social event going on and we're not going to any this year, I'm going to a Jazzercise class this afternoon instead of sitting around.

How do you all mark the group so you can find it? I was having a terrible time looking for it.

Hi there! You can bookmark it. Welcome!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hey, y'all. I'm so glad most are having positive weeks.

I have not, particularly. No weight gain, but no loss, and little exercise due to some high pain levels. Hopefully, the next week will be better.

Squeamish men look away. Ladies, this is day 9 of a period that is supposed to start tomorrow. Found out Tuesday that I'll be having a hysterectomy within two months unless my endometrial biopsy comes back malignant. It's 99.9% likely a benign fibroid; I'm done with child-bearing; I desperately want relief from the symptoms. But I got a bit down. Feel free to friend me. I won't bore you with daily details - I just like seeing positive changes showing up on my feed.

I have a fibroid party going on in my uterus LOL I was given that option but opted out. I'm a chicken when it comes to surgeries. But it's still on the back of my mind. Good luck to you! Welcome!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Today is rest day for me, which means I'll be over my daily goal since I'm not so good on not eating the same as every other day! I did weigh myself at my moms (which is the scale I usually use but haven't weighed myself recently) since I don't have a scale and I'm down over a pound since weighing myself at my natauropath. So that's good news!
  • BDOUG2371
    BDOUG2371 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 44 in March and back to my heaviest I've ever been. 396 lbs 6'2" and addicted to fatty foods. I was 220 in 1989 out of H.S. I would happy with just getting back into the 200's to start. Problems exercising because of spinal stenosis. I can't walk long distances without having to bend over or sit down. Any other people here my size? I need some serious guidance.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    BDOUG2371 wrote: »
    Soon to be 44 in March and back to my heaviest I've ever been. 396 lbs 6'2" and addicted to fatty foods. I was 220 in 1989 out of H.S. I would happy with just getting back into the 200's to start. Problems exercising because of spinal stenosis. I can't walk long distances without having to bend over or sit down. Any other people here my size? I need some serious guidance.

OK - I'm older than you (in the + part of the 40) LOL
    -
    I started out a little heavier than you and a little shorter.

In November 2013, I weighed 405; Set a start "calorie-counting" with app date of 12/1/13. By that date I had dropped to 398 pounds just by cutting back a bit...that is the starting number I use for tracking on MFP.

It was impossible "for me" to exercise AND make huge eating habit changes at the same time - initially.

After a few months, I did start to exercise - it was pitiful - I could walk 5-10 minutes MAX at a snail pace. But I just kept at it.

Medical issues - several - heart, back, apnea, arthritis (methotrexate helps) and a few others...blah blah blah

FAST-FORWARD: I will reach my final goal this month! I have lost 182 as of last week.

TODAY: I went the furthest distance on the treadmill than I have walked in over 15 years...."miles" not "minutes".

I NEVER say I was on a diet - I changed my approach toward food and habits...I have always been honest with myself and refuse to make excuses.

SIZES: From a 60" waist to 38"; From XXXXXL (5XL) to XL; 22 1/2 in neck to 16.5 / 17"

I cannot list all the rewards from losing half of me...It would be a HUGE list!

You can do it!

73641431.png
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids! No work for me today- Snow Day! I was planning on going to the gym today, but shoveled for 40 minutes instead! It is very blustery here today making visibility near zero at times. Not sure what I will do with the rest of my day just yet.
    - Welcome to the new folks that have joined us over the weekend!!

Have a great day all!
  • Sylvarose
    Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Had a bit of a blow out day yesterday. Friend had a b-day party at a sushi place. Still, not down on myself and back on track today. I'm doing well and am focused.

SR
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids. Happy Groundhog Day!
    For all you folks in the storm path, I hope you're warm at home right now!
    I had a good weekend exercise-wise, and not too bad food wise, but a few too many libations.
    Saturday I walked to the gym (2 mi), did 1 1/2 hrs of "Power Flow" yoga, walked to the bike shop (2 more miles), picked up my bicycle & rode home (4 miles). Pretty great! Except the bike's not right. Had to take it back yesterday. So I'm bikeless today. :\ It's been pouring since the wee smalls anyway, so not the best day to ride, but I did see one other bike-commuter braving the rain on my drive in.
    Sunday we paddled as we always do. Gorgeous as the ocean always is.
    Today I'm trying to figure out where to get some exercise... hosting a board meeting at my house after work, and have to go to Costco at lunch to get supplies. Only chance will be after 8 p.m. when everyone leaves, and I'll admit that I'm not very good at late night workouts. We'll see. Tomorrow is Hard CORE!
    3furballs, good job on the pound! I have a PT meeting tomorrow. Maybe s/he'll teach me how to use the kettlebells. I've heard great things about them from you and many others. And yea... about the beer & chocolate ... with you there.
    KS, Have a great snow day!
    Kate, awesome about yet another pound gone!
    JakieU, nice work on the loss! Very cool that you have a trail, and a trail guide with paws!
    pippin, good luck on your mini goal. Positive thoughts for you.
    Alisha, like Alf, I've got my share of fibroids too. I have been lucky that I haven't had very severe symptoms. Yours sound like a little more than can be tolerated. I hope a resolution comes soon.
    EsKezzy, use the star icon at the top of the page to bookmark, then click on it whenever you log in and you'll see the thread.
    Bdoug - glad you're here.
    Nikon, what a story! So glad you can be a role model for Bdoug!
    Sylvarose, it's good to hear you're well and focused. So happy to here it.
    Caramel, Sdereski, Ruby, Larro, Beeps, Nick, E'sMom, and all you other cool kids, "Hi!" Hope you all had a great weekend!
    Welcome to all the new folks.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I've done my lifting and AM cardio, then breakfast. It being the first lifting day of the new month, I increased my reps this morning. An increase in weight will have to wait until March. I did go a couple hundred calories over yesterday. Margie did all the cooking, and I did most of the eating. Two new recipes, and both of them high cal. Cranberry apple pecan salad, and Apple crisp cobbler. Both good though.

Today is Mamma's 87th birthday. I forgot to ask her if she saw her shadow :)

Hope all has a good day,

Larro

tsntt3ccfe9c.jpg

PS: my new lifting day tradition^^^^^^^. Today's was ham, stir-fry and Swiss.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Welcome all newbies. It is so many people I can not keep up.

Beeps---How's the new job and gym? What's going on with the lifting?

Larro--Your photos could grace a magazine cover. How's mom doing?

Alf--Glad you are back

3furballs--been reading your posts and you energy is well noted. Congrats on the weight loss. How long have you been seing a naturopath? I had one and she moved out of State.

KellySue--I love how you turn some of life's bitter moments into something sweet. Hope you are not too sore and your hubby is recovering.

CG--How long will you be without your bike? Thanks for checking in

Kate--Congrats on the weight loss and I hope your family are progressing and moving along.

Mzklutch--Have not seen you in a bit. Hope you are still kicking butt in the morning.

Emmalousmom--Hope you are well. Missing you

I have extreme fit and will do a 30 minute circuit before hand so I can pull off a huge burn. I am slowly trying to turn things around.

Have a great day everyone.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well since I didn't feel like shoveling my way out this morning at 5:30 to get to 6am kettlebell class, I did 5pm kickboxing. Not sure if I'm low energy or if I pushed it, but man I'm wiped!

caramelgyrlk, I've been seeing a naturopath since I was going overdue with my youngest 5.5 years ago. She did accupuncture (which was unsuccessfully done by another) and estimated I'd have my baby between 2-3 am. My youngest dd was born at 2:59am! Needless to say I was impressed. She's been helping me through the joys of menopause now.
  • alf1163
    Options
    I can never get on here early!!! It was a busy and fun weekend but made bad food choices that carried over until today!! Tomorrow is another day. Went to see Chicago The Musical with my daughter last night. It was a great time together. Good night!!! Muah!