Tuna Creations-What do you mix?

Options

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I use the 5 oz cans (in water) and usually get three sandwiches out of each option. Some of my favorites:

- 2Tbs Greek yourt, 2Tbs feta cheese, chopped black olives, Greek seasoning
    - mashed avocado, chopped olives, sea salt
    - cannelini beans, Greek yogurt, roasted peppers
    - sliced cherry tomatoes, Romaine lettuce leaf, Ceasar dressing, pickled (something: peppers, garlic, green tomatoes . . . ) This one is best on toast. Like a Ceasar salad, with tuna.

I also make tuna cakes with one can of drained tuna, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, and one egg. Fry in a touch of olive oil. Dip in whatever strikes your fancy. This is more of a dinner one. I get 1 or 2 servings, depending on how hungry I am :)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tuna, little red wine vinegar, little light mayo, red onion, little hot mustard. Mmm!
  • sweetangel_shelly
    Options
    This one sounds good

• sweetangel_shelly
    Options
    I sometimes add pickles. If there isnt any i substitute relish. I also use mayo mustard avocado and pepper. I will either use crackers or one slice if multigrain bread.
  • lexarae87
    lexarae87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mix with laughing cow cheese wedges!
  • jobiby
    jobiby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well in the morning my breakfast are
    scramble with 4 egg white +1 or half a can of tuna
    and in the top chottage cheese or fat free American cheese yummi :#
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My latest craving is tuna mixed with microwaved brocolli, chia seeds thrown on top and for a slight tangy taste Hellmans Balsamic vinagrette mayonnaise...so good!
  • shayla2996
    Options
    OPA light house Greek Yogert jalapeno ranch. Super yummy.
  • GoldaTyla
    GoldaTyla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A little bit of white wine and melted cheddar cheese.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mariec123
    mariec123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2 TBL salad pizzaz orange cranberry almondine - shake the bag so you get a good mix of almonds and cranberry (in a bag by produce section)
    1tsp. cilantro
    1 cauliflower floret chopped small for crunch
    1/8 avocado
    1 pouch of chicken of the sea tuna
    1 TBL light may (optional)
    about 4 butter lettuce leaves.
    mix all ingredients except lettuce. Use lettuce as a"wrap". The whole thing is about 187 calories without mayo.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I eat tuna on a bed of brown rice/quinoa pasta with spinach and cherry tomatoes with just lemon pepper. Works for me.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas on here.
    My go to is mashed avocado on a slice of toast with tuna- I like hickory or Mexican gourmet the best with siracha. I've also subbed smoked salmon for tuna for a "special" open faced sandwhich.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    :D So I ran out mayo this week and substituted bbq sauce and omg it is soooo good! Anyone else come up mix up tuna in creative ways besides the regular mayo and onions/pepper?

Sounds interesting--I'll have to try it!

• jdstathopoulos
    jdstathopoulos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tobasco and Tuna. It's my post workout.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    1 box mac & cheese, prepared as normal
    Add 1 can tuna, 1 can peas, 1 can diced tomatoes
    Mix well and serve.
    LOL...I was thinking of this from the Tuna Helper spectrum :smiley:
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    DebComp63 wrote: »
    pickle juice n a few diced pickles
    Growing up we'd have tuna w/ relish or we'd cut up a pickle into it, add mustard, mayo and cut up celery.
    Now, I don't have the patience for all that so its usually everything minus the chopped stuff :neutral_face:
    Tuna melts....YUM!!
    Id never had it made this way before but I was helping a friend w/ her yard sale and she made some adding chopped onion (I don't care for raw, I like mine cooked) and hard boiled eggs...it was different (not in a bad way though)!

• 2BeHappy2
    Options
    have you tried the already flavored packets - just discovered the ranch flavored one and it's delish!
    Never heard of this flavor, next time Im out Im gonna go look for it!

• valeriarainato54
    Options

Hello all, I love cooking so normally I cut some onion, capsicum, parsley, salt, peper and garlic; mix everything with 1 egg and a spoon of bread crumbs to make a paste then make patties and put them into the oven @ 170 degrees celsius until they are golden.
  • mazfishel
    mazfishel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek low fat yoghurt, mustard and chives - delicious on baked sweet potato