20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Expecting 20 inches of snow later this week in addition to the 6 that is already on the ground. I see a lot of snow shoveling in my future.

Ya'll stay warm!
    Ruthie in Austria
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Cold and snowy here also. Shoveling is no fun but good exercise.

Had a good day yesterday and am motivated for another. I am always motivated in the morning but I like to go to bed satisfied and not mad at myself.

Don't freeze out there
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

My hat is off to you ladies who are in the frigid parts of the world. I cannot imagine that kind of cold! It is 29 here this morning, and the high will be in the low 50s.

Today is my weigh day! .04 lost this week, and I am taking it!
    SW 240
    CW 230.4
    GW 220

Line dancing for me today..lots of steps, sweat, and calorie burned!

Have a great day, everyone and Stay Strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning Losers we are still losing I see that is great.

Connie I thought about you when I first woke up this morning. going to your new Line dancing.. have a great day.

Ruthie if you can find a hill you can go skiing in your own back yard 18 inches of snow
    lots of folks are cover in snow. I am sure Shirley got lots of snow among others. Not us the. not a speck.

But spring is right around the corner And the spring flowers are right behind ready to pop out of the grounds
    This is the first morning I have felt this good for well over a week.no whizzing did have a coughing spell but I am sure I will have that awhile. Plan on going to the store today. But will try not to overdo it.

congrats on all the losers and we do have some.Brave solders fighting the cold weather, Makes me cold just tanking about -minus temp. That's something we don't get very often.
    Marie

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support besmytke, I do find this time of year quiet hard but it won't be long now and the lighter nights will be here and the spring flowers will jump into life which always cheers me up. I'm happy that my weight is stable and I'm not putting any on like I did this time last year and once the warner weather is here I know that I'll find it easier to cut down and lose the weight that I want.

Minus 6 here this morning and I had a personal training session at 7.45 am, it was very cold and my fingers were dropping off with the cold until I got going. With the sun in a blue sky and snow on the ground it was very pretty and the scenery was beautiful.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
    Linda.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    cmristine wrote: »
    Only lost 0.2 lbs last week, so upping my activity by adding some extra steps to my day. Starting a very mild strength training for my lower back. This may not aid my losses, but it will keep me in the game this time.

Cmristine - Adding steps and increasing your exercise even by 10 or 15 min will help budge the scale. A loss is loss so good on you! Keep it up and strength training will also help.

I started a squat challenge on MFP and recording it on another site. First time doing this so I hope to gain some strength and strengthen my core as a bonus. I am doing the beginner squats and spreading them out throughout the day at 10 reps at a time. I want to able to walk after this. LOL

Have a good week everyone!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Starting Weight 266
    Starting weight for this challenge 239
    Current weight 227
    Goal Weight 219
    12 pounds lost. 8 pounds to go!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Shirley, good luck with squat challenge, may have to check it out.
    Misscaligreen, great loss keep doing whatever your doing.
    Marie, so glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Abakan, I'm with you I cant wait till spring, just seeing the sun makes my day better. In the winter I just want to hibernate, I really need to get moving.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Busy morning and just got a chance to sit down and read the new posts. Had another minimal weight loss .3 lb. today but I understand this one.
    I drank lots of water yesterday and did not get rid of it for some reason. So I am ok with this weigh in.
    Nancy in MS
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    hi everyone
    for some reason or another my smart phone will not let me Type a message.
    I love all of your post, you all are very motivating to me. I read them daily. it is great to be part of a wonderful group. everyone is doing an awesome job.
    I have lost 4.8 Lbs. since I have joined your group. my gold is 1 pound a week. the cold weather here in Western North Carolina keeps me from doing my 40 minute walk each day.

Angie NC
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So nice to hear from you angie nc Really a good lost.
    Marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    I found my go to snack. Jicama! It's crunchy and a little sweet and it's only 49 calories for a whole cup.

So what's your healthy pleasure?

I love homemade sweet potato fries. cover em' with avacado or olive oil with rosemary. So yummy and filling!

Sounds good. I'll have to try this.
  • raechellejoi
    raechellejoi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    raindancer wrote: »
    nhm84nsj9yql.jpg
    gfx8r6zldn9v.jpg
    d2qugr6pghzo.jpg

Almost there!!!

You are amazing!! And so inspiring! Congrats on all your success!!
  • raechellejoi
    raechellejoi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon after a week of downtime.

SW 150
    Cw 139.4
    Gw 125

And down 7.75 inches. With 8 weeks to go, I need to be down 1.85 lbs/week.

Happy losing, everyone!!
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm so sick of this cold! We very rarely get to minus Celsius in Ireland but the last few weeks have been nothing but! Since I fell that one time I don't have the confidence to go out and run with ice on the road. At least I still have spin class to be able to get my exercise in!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm so sick of this cold! We very rarely get to minus Celsius in Ireland but the last few weeks have been nothing but! Since I fell that one time I don't have the confidence to go out and run with ice on the road. At least I still have spin class to be able to get my exercise in!

We have the same in Austria! And now the amount of snow expected beginning tomorrow has been increased to 70cm! I am so ready for spring
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    We have the same in Austria! And now the amount of snow expected beginning tomorrow has been increased to 70cm! I am so ready for spring

We haven't gotten much snow but we have so much ice! When is spring coming? I'm so so sick of winter!!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Sparkle and Jlo... Spring will be here before we know it. Sparkle, it's good you have an alternative to running.

Gym day for me..personal training and Aquafit. I may rest tomorrow. The 90 minutes of line dancing on Tuesday adds a lot more exercise to my weekly routine. Last week, I was so tired by Friday that I could barely get through my strength training session! I remember feeling very energetic last Thursday so I did a walking DVD when I really should have rested. Anyway...sorry to ramble.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day.
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone hope you have a great day. It is cold and cloudy in Mississippi and make for a good day to
    do inside chores. Happy losing!!!
    Nancy in MS
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning,
    I have been up and about this morning. Don't know yet How I am feeling. been coughing and getting a lot of mucous out of my systems Which is good I guess. Drinking lots of water
    So glad to hear all these reports coming in on your weight loss. fantastic
    Its time for me a little snacks See you later Have a wonderful day.
    <3 Marie