Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen this one yet. I love salt. I will pour soy sauce or A-1 into the palm of my hand and lick it off just to get a salt kick. And I've had borderline to high blood pressure for 10 years so I REALLY should stop that. As a kid I used to cut a lemon in half, put a ton of salt on it, squeeze the juice in my mouth and then dig out the pulp and such with my front teeth. My teeth were seriously damaged by this, they looked broken but had really worn away from the acid. The dentist accused me of being bulimic. I had to get crowns but my parents couldn't afford them so I didn't get them until I was 22 and had my own insurance and money.

I love salt too! I keep sea salt at my desk and sometimes pour it into my hand as well for that kick. I've done the same thing with soy sauce. I even put salt on my pizza. My blood pressure is very low so I have always thought that maybe it's my body trying to compensate.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    HugeBum wrote: »
    I go to spin class once a week. I based my decision on which class to attend purely on the fact the instructor is absolutely gorgeous. The music he plays is awful and doesn't motivate me at all to get through the workout, but I still go religiously just to look at his beautiful face...

At least you're looking at good eye candy while dying :). You're lucky, none of the spin instructors at the place I go are attractive.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ? You don't have to wash your hair every time you take a shower.

No, it strips your hair of natural oils that keep it healthy. Most women with naturally curly hair only wash their hair a few times a week. Some only use a vinegar rinse and conditioner. I prefer not to smell like a pickle so I wash mine three times a week.

Follow the vinegar rinse with baking soda and water and you won't smell like a pickle for more than a minute or two.

I have to shower at least twice a day--I work out hard and SWEAT...but I often just rinse out my hair and condition or do the vinegar/baking soda thing.
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I cannot have any kind of junk food in the house. I have no self control and will eat an entire bag of family size chips in one sitting if it's there. I have learned the only way for me to control my snacking is to stock my fridge with huge amounts of vegies and fruit so I have no other option. I would also rather stuff myself with zucchini noodles than feel like I'm starving myself.

When I know I have put on weight I intentionally do not weigh myself because I'm afraid of what the number will say. (I also do not actually own a scale) I am only basing my weight loss on my pant sizes. When I get down to a size 8 pair of non super stretchy jeans, then I'll go stand on a scale again.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got more...

I feel guilty when I don't workout. Rest days = guilt. Feeling sick and not working out = guilt. Only burning 200 calories at the gym because I'm not feeling too good = guilt. Not being able to workout for 3 days because I got the DOMS of Hell from starting a new workout routine = guilt. Yeah, I could eat a bit less to make up for that (I do use TDEE anyway) but I never do it.

I changed my goal to my TDEE with no deficit so I stop feeling guilty on days when I end up eating at maintenance (due to hunger, or more often, small binges). Still not working.

I need a therapist.

I do agree that we need a 'what I binged on today' thread.

Also, for those who don't wash their hair every day... how? I sweat so much when I workout (which is pretty much every day, see above), I can't imagine not washing it every time.

Oh and forget health - I only exercise so I can eat more.

I share your guilt feelings when I don't workout and sometimes when I do! For example, on Sunday (due to a blizzard) I couldn't get to the gym so I could ONLY do 30 minutes on the stationary bike (due to a time constraint). I felt so guilty because I had missed going to the gym on Saturday due to being hungover (see my previous post about drinking 1x/week but overdoing it). Days like Saturday, Sunday and rest days make me feel horrible about myself. I just don't ever think I can "afford" a rest day.

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I ate most of a block of cheese last night. And it wasn't mine. :(
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    HugeBum wrote: »
    I go to spin class once a week. I based my decision on which class to attend purely on the fact the instructor is absolutely gorgeous. The music he plays is awful and doesn't motivate me at all to get through the workout, but I still go religiously just to look at his beautiful face...

I hear you. I make a point to go to a certain body pump class because the instructor is so cute. I love being yelled at by a 95 pound girl who could be my daughter I guess lol.

"EAT SLEEP PUMP REPEAT!"
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got more...

I feel guilty when I don't workout. Rest days = guilt. Feeling sick and not working out = guilt. Only burning 200 calories at the gym because I'm not feeling too good = guilt. Not being able to workout for 3 days because I got the DOMS of Hell from starting a new workout routine = guilt. Yeah, I could eat a bit less to make up for that (I do use TDEE anyway) but I never do it.

I changed my goal to my TDEE with no deficit so I stop feeling guilty on days when I end up eating at maintenance (due to hunger, or more often, small binges). Still not working.

I need a therapist.

I do agree that we need a 'what I binged on today' thread.

Also, for those who don't wash their hair every day... how? I sweat so much when I workout (which is pretty much every day, see above), I can't imagine not washing it every time.

Oh and forget health - I only exercise so I can eat more.

It depends on if you have straight or curly hair. Curly hair is generally more dry and prone to breakage than straight hair. I wash my hair once a week, and if I'm feeling lazy once every 2 weeks.

I rinse mine and run conditioner through it every day but I only use shampoo once a week or less. If it was long enough to be pulled back, I'd probably go every other day with the conditioner.

• sweetgemstone
    Options
    I have alot of extra skin as well. I want a tummy tuck but it costs so much. I had saved up about half of money to do it and had 25 lbs or so to reach my goal weight when I found out I was pregnant. Needless to say I am alot farther away from my goal weight now. About 57 lbs now. And gonna take forever to earn back that kinda money now that we have a child. I wouldn't trade my son for the world but gaining all that weight was so hard. Husband didn't understand why it was so hard but after losing 80 lbs or more and going from seeing the numbers go down every week to them going up every time I stepped on the scale was depressing. Still haven't totally gotten back on track. Still have to get back into working out daily & eat lil more healthier but I'm getting there.
  • holycaffeinebatman
    Options
    I can push myself at the gym, but when I try to work out from home, I can't even get through a 11 minute blogilates video. I'm disappointed that I give up on myself so quickly.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat sugar straight from the canister. or sprinkled on saltines. Been years since I've done that.
    Or, dip the spoon into the peanut butter, into the jelly, peanut butter and jelly with no bread. When I get a craving for sweet, nothing sweet is safe.
    Chocolate chip cookie dough sans chocolate chips (because I don't keep chocolate chips in the house) - Yep. Done it many times.

Also? It really irritates me when a friend posts on MFP about their huge "binge" and it only works out to 300-400 calories.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Not to be mean or rude but it really sounds like you've developed a disorder. It sounds like food and the preparation of food has consumed you which is not healthy.

I have to agree :( Please be careful, this could turn into a problem.

• Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I highly doubt weighing 157 for the last several years is an issue.

I have read continuously "weigh everything", sort of the point to Iosing weight and keeping it off.

I also have thyroid issues. But thanks for your concern. I don't have any eating disorders.

I also work 65 hours every week plus take care of elderly parents, both of whom have medical challenges in addition to 2 kids and a heart patient husband. So anything that simplifies my life is awesome. I also have my own medical issues.

2 weeks ago I worked 95 hours in one week. If I don't prep food I sometimes wouldn't get to eat.
  • hannahrahntana
    hannahrahntana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Superbowl Sunday I ate 6 chicken wings, pringles, a tri tip sandwhich and a twix bar. Not to mention the beer....yaaaa.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh-in day but it's also the first day of my period and the scale reads about 2lbs higher than last Monday. So I'm just going to pretend I forgot to weigh in and ignore that number. lalalalalala

#Doingitright
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    People keep saying that no one can want it for you and that you will never be successful until you truly want it for yourself. Well, that's definitely true....

When I was younger, my family would get on me all the time about needing to work out so I would go to the gym. I'd then go to McDonald's drive through and bring home a quarter pounder with cheese in my gym bag which I'd proceed to eat while sitting in my closet. Every day. For weeks.

Not sure if this was before or after my butter sandwich phase.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    Checking poop consistency has now become a routine part of how I monitor and adjust my diet. o.0

Wat.

I want to know more about this, but I don't know how to ask without crossing a boundary.

Visual inspection - floating, etc. Not putting it under a microscope or anything!

I'm fiber obsessed so I know where you're coming from... I will actually poop, do a quick wipe, then stand up to look before the poop gets covered up with toilet paper. :smiley:
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've moved to a new state (I've been here about 3 months) and have been struggling to find a job (even with a degree from a top tier university) and have made very few friends (never having been in a military area, it has been hard breaking into a group with the other wives)…I have let being home alone 5 days out of the week cause me to gain all the weight back that I have lost…I am beyond disappointed and am struggling to be happy in my new home, which makes me unmotivated and lose my confidence a great deal. I was once 15 lbs down, and now I am just failing to get back on the horse with no structure in my day.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Okay that's kinda fantastic to me lol. It's like setting your clock a few minutes forward and that wonder feeling when you realize you aren't late, but on time. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    whenever I have sex I get upset that mfp wont track that burn so I eat a cookie and damn the cals :P

Wait! Sex AND cookies? #Threadwinner!