Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Replies

• lorddoit4me
    lorddoit4me Posts: 44 Member
    Just for today:
    I will exercise when it comes to my mind, instead of thinking about it for hours.
  • February 3rd -

Just for today;

I will remember how important we are to fellow MFP'ers !!
    I will focus on, " Today," and be thankful.
    Drink lotsa water.
    Remember that slow is good !!!

" Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. " ~ Coach John Wooden
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2015
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 02/02:
    1. log everything I eat :)
    2. do 10 minutes of positive meditation :neutral_face: I did about 6 minutes before getting interrupted. Should have put myself in "no interruptions" notice.

Just for Today 02/03
    1. 30 minutes on the elliptical
    2. log everything I eat
    3. 10 minutes positive meditation

@GrandmaJackie‌ congrats on the new grand baby! Excited that soon you'll be able to spend all the time in the world with her <3
  • stephc002
    stephc002 Posts: 24 Member
    Just for today:
    No stress eating (my dad went into hospital last night)
    Meet step goal
    Stay under calorie allowance
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,191 Member
    Yesterday, 2/2
    1. It is very cold out today, 17 degrees. But later today, get on the ellipitical for minimum of 30 minutes. Even though it is cold, no excuses :\
    2. Log everything I eat, even if I go over :\
    3. Drink more water, especially in the evenings when I tend to want to graze more. :\

Not the best day again. I've got to turn this around!
    So, just for today
    2/3
    1. Write down everything that I eat
    2. Drink water
    3. Clean closets tonite to keep from eating

• I'm going to try this too. I've really been struggling to get back on track again.
    Just for today:
    1) Log everything I eat
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Try to get a profile pic up on this site LOL
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    r
    3. Clean closets tonite to keep from eating

Joan, it's a great idea to be specific about what you will do to "keep busy" instead of snacking. Two things are accomplished. You don't snack, and you get something off your "to do" list! Plus if you have something specific, you can't meander around trying to come up with something to do, while snacking :open_mouth:
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Feb 2, made my calorie goal, plus went for a run. My run was a little short because I met my partner who was walking the dog, and I walked home with her instead of running the last km. Feb 3 my goal is to get to the gym. Had a 4.5 k walk before work.
  • june07
    june07 Posts: 1 Member
    Just for today I am going to try and get my water intake in ( 8 glasses). I am so terrible at this... Also just for today I am going to try and eat better...usually only eat supper
  • CDoll4422
    CDoll4422 Posts: 3 Member
    Ok, I'm in. Big leap here, as I'm not a group motivation / forum kind of gal, but going it alone isn't working. So I really need your help, and thank you.

February goal = 5 pounds lost

Just for today:
    1) make dinner, not get carryout
    2) do stretching
    3) meditate

Just for tomorrow:
    1) start counting calories.
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    I'm in! Nice to meet you all, hopefully it saves me from getting discouraged all over again.

Goals for February:
    -Start bodyweight training at home. Found a great infographic to help me along the way, starting with the basics.
    -Continue avoiding my kryptonite foods, chips and chocolate.

Just for Today:
    -Drink water with my dinner instead of Coke Zero
    -Cook a healthy dinner for my family

Maybe having to report in here will help me stay accountable!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    june07 wrote: »
    Just for today I am going to try and get my water intake in ( 8 glasses). I am so terrible at this... Also just for today I am going to try and eat better...usually only eat supper

I am the worst at this too... so for now I am just going to start on switching out water for certain times when I normally have a Coke Zero (suppertime!).
  • jessmellitta
    jessmellitta Posts: 16 Member
    Just for today..i will make a change to my diet. Eat whole foods
  • Hi guys I'm in need all the motivation I can get! Pigged out on pasta today! Feel so bloated! Ugh :(
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Yesterday - I got on my elliptical machine for the first time in 6 years! I made it through 10 minutes. Might not seem like much, but for me it's a first step. I'm proud of my 10 minutes. I'm going to try for 15 tonight and 5 more minutes every day until I can get to 30. Lifted weights, logged my day. First day of accomplishing exercise and logging everything.
    - Today I'm going to:
    - drink at least all my water recommended.
    - I'm going to stick to my calorie limit.
    - 15 minutes (at least) on the elliptical
    - 30 minutes of weight training
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep
    - Be thankful for a good start
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    hezemakiah wrote: »
    Yesterday - I got on my elliptical machine for the first time in 6 years! I made it through 10 minutes. Might not seem like much, but for me it's a first step. I'm proud of my 10 minutes. I'm going to try for 15 tonight and 5 more minutes every day until I can get to 30. Lifted weights, logged my day. First day of accomplishing exercise and logging everything.
    - Today I'm going to:
    - drink at least all my water recommended.
    - I'm going to stick to my calorie limit.
    - 15 minutes (at least) on the elliptical
    - 30 minutes of weight training
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep
    - Be thankful for a good start
    Great job on the elliptical!

Just for today 2/3/2015

1. Drink 64 oz of water
    2. 15,000 steps
  • I'd like to join
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Oops, just noticed that we have a new thread for a new month!

Here are my goals for Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Dance for fun!
    3. Get all laundry done so that workout clothes and towels are clean.
  • I've done 30 minutes running and looked after my toddler a few times and found I've only done 6000 steps max! How on earth do you reach 10,000?!