Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Wear Red Day®
    It’s not just a man’s disease. Each year, 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke. But we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented with education and lifestyle changes.
    When it comes to beating heart disease and stroke, change can be the cure. To save lives and raise awareness of this serious issue, the American Heart Association launched Go Red For Women. And the red dress has become the iconic symbol of our battle against heart disease and stroke in women.

National Wear Red Day®

“Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” ~Jill Johnson

Tom

I am wearing red today, you just can't see it. :wink:

• texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @melifornia‌ Aww thanks! That's very encouraging!
    @cblue315‌ I agree with Melifornia. I think it could help. It helps to have another set of eyes,or ears as the case may be. Kind of like proof reading homework for things you might have missed.... if that makes any sense. ☺️
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @cblue305 - those are some awesome NSV's!
    @texasmom2013‌ - we've all been there! I've lost & gained 100 lbs 3 TIMES!! Talk about your yoyo's! The important thing is that you are doing what you need to do to change your future now!

Friday fitness - well I will have to try to work out when I get home tonight, I forgot to bring tennies and I don't think I'll be doing much walking in these boots!
  • kelmomto3
    kelmomto3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this community and am so glad that I found this thread! I hope it's okay that I join in with you guys. :)

My name is Kellie and i've been struggling with my weight for years. I finally decided to get down to the brass tacks and just do it. I've got 100+ pounds to lose but am very encouraged and feel like "Yes! I CAN do it!". Being a mom of 3... I always find that I lose step a little bit during stressful days / weeks. This week has been super stressful.

I know that I need a better way of handling stress, i'm just not sure what that might be. During times of high-stress my body aches and I feel so worn out and tired. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

@texasmom2013 - YAY! on the 20lb loss! That is awesome!! I hear you on the starting over stuff. I had lost 25lbs in 2014... only to gain 9 pounds of holiday weight. It looks like you are back on track though (and so am I!). You've got this, girl!

@Lives2Travel - (((HUGS))) Here is to hoping that next week gets better! Good on your for sticking with it and not letting the stress get you down though!

@maram29 - Do you have 1 day of the week where you prep your meals? I think it is very cool that you are organized! You're right... planning ahead so that you can stay on track = success every single time.

@cblue315 - Congratulations on the NSVs!! It's a little scary sometimes when going through this weight loss journey to come to the realization that we do deserve to be happy. Sometimes, it means we have to change big things in our lives in order to achieve the happiness we know we need. (((HUGS)))

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

• texasmom2013
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    @cblue305 - those are some awesome NSV's!
    @texasmom2013‌ - we've all been there! I've lost & gained 100 lbs 3 TIMES!! Talk about your yoyo's! The important thing is that you are doing what you need to do to change your future now!

Friday fitness - well I will have to try to work out when I get home tonight, I forgot to bring tennies and I don't think I'll be doing much walking in these boots!

Thank you so much! I think if we continue to be honest with ourselves about our mistakes we will get there! You're awesome! I like that you keep fighting for it! ALSO.....
  • texasmom2013
    edited February 2015
    Options
    B) these boots were made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do....sorry, I couldn't help myself!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    kelmomto3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this community and am so glad that I found this thread! I hope it's okay that I join in with you guys. :)

My name is Kellie and i've been struggling with my weight for years. I finally decided to get down to the brass tacks and just do it. I've got 100+ pounds to lose but am very encouraged and feel like "Yes! I CAN do it!". Being a mom of 3... I always find that I lose step a little bit during stressful days / weeks. This week has been super stressful.

I know that I need a better way of handling stress, i'm just not sure what that might be. During times of high-stress my body aches and I feel so worn out and tired. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Welcome Kellie, I hope you stop back often now that you have joined into our group. Sometimes you will find this group moves very fast as there are over 3-dozen active posters who post at least one time a week, or more. We are always happy to support one another by sharing and encouraging.

Many of us partiipate in the 'challenges' we set for ourselves. One that is a standard is keeping within 100 calories of our allotment on our food log. This month we have a personal exercise challenge to ourselves to complete as much physically as we said we would do.

Isn't it a bummer that stress is a part of living? Good stress, bad stress ... it's all stress, stress, stress. Some of us have found ways to alleviate some of the stress in our lives, and most of us have turned to food for comfort at one time or another in our journey through life; in that you are not alone!

Only piece of advice I can lend that worked for me was to take is slow and easy as I found over time that jumping in with "all I've got" on too many things at once burned me out and then I'd give up from the exhaustion and deprivation. I had to accept the fact that I didn't get so overweight in a short while and that I would not get to thin(ner) quicly either. Since July 2014 I have lost 34 pounds doing it that way.

Good luck.
    Follow-through (2015 motto)
    Niki
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Got my RED ON! Hope everybody has a Happy and Healthy Friday!
  • texasmom2013
    Options
    @kelmomto3‌ thanks! I really appreciate that and also welcome! I'm a newbie here too. I have 2 little girls ages 2 (next month!) and 3. My 3 year old was just walking around with her doll telling her it's time to work out. Lol
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am jumping in with a little more info on my situation. I made an appointment to see a counselor and can get in on Monday! This is such good timing. I have been in counseling several times in my life. I have huge issues in my past. Not having food to lean on has made me very self aware. Yes, I know the benefits of having an outside opinion. I would love to have hubby there and in the past he has declined every time I have asked.

Five years ago I filed for divorce, we reconciled and had it great for about a year. Since then things have had a slow downward slide. I now feel we are in the same spot we were in 5 years ago but without the constant bitterness. I am refusing to be bitter and spiteful this time. I do not want to throw away a marriage that has lasted 34 years. I am not taking this lightly.

@kelmomto3 - welcome to a great community! Come back often.

Thank you for the comments, thank you for listening. I really do reap huge rewards of this small community.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • NK1112
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am jumping in with a little more info on my situation.
    Lori <3

Lori ... so very glad to read this post. I didn't want to say anything before because you sounded like you had made up your mind about it. Hope your man becomes reasonable and joins you in the sessions.
    Niki
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't get my car back today. :cry: The body shop called, the a/c wasn't working so they had to order another part--earliest it may be ready is Tuesday. Oh well, I want it fixed right the first time.

@Lori~I'm glad to see that you've decided to seek some help with your situation, I hope that your husband sees the importance of the sessions and decides to attend them with you.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Today, was another super slow day at work but I kept busy and got through it. :\

@cblue315, my thoughts are with you and I certainly pray that counseling will give you the clarity and relief that you are seeking. I have gone through a bad marriage so I know the toll it can take. Just remember to be kind to yourself. Oh and yayyy on wearing your goal pants!! B)

@Kelmomto3, welcome to the group! You will find tons of great advice and support here. Stress is a part of our daily lives and turning to food is so easy for us who have food issues. I recommend journaling as often as you can to help you sort out what triggers you can try to avoid when stress is really a problem and you turn to food. Also you just have to be honest and track those calories. With a 100 lbs to lose you can’t look at the big picture but have break it down in tiny bite size pieces. I shoot for 1 lb a week. Some weeks it’s more and some weeks I just have to try again. You can do it!!! <3

@texasmom2013, wayyyyy to go on reaching your 20 lb goal! That is awesome and you are so close to onederland. How great for you!! The good thing about being in onderland and then losing it is that you are wiser this time. I went to a weight group for several years and those who had kept their weight off came to the weigh-ins and meetings week after week because they knew the importance of accountability. Those who got to their goals and quit the group so often showed back up a year or so later with much or more of the weight put back on. I’m determined to not let that happen to me and I know you are too. :)

@Lives2Travel, I live in the South too and I so want spring to show up in March!!! Just to see the pretty daffodils shooting up from the ground will be so joyous! :D

AFM: My NSV for today is that I finally got into my size 16 pants!! :D They are a little snug but I figure that is just a good reminder that I have to stay focused on my calories so I don’t bust a seam. ;) The pants were noticed by several co-workers and they could tell that I have lost weight. So, I feel encouraged and motivated. This has been a good week so far with my calories and my exercise. I actually did five days straight on the treadmill, which I haven’t done since my appendectomy. Woot!!

February Challenge:
    Not within a 100 calories: 1/28
    Fitbit miles: 7.57/75.0

Motto: Fit for 50!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I should have taken Robins idea and gone to Arizona. Instead i am now in northern alberta where it is -34C!! It is really cold with the wind!! But my 18mo old granddaughter ran straight to me when she saw me and my 6 yr old grandson would not leave my lap so i am in heaven!! I should get some exercise shoveling snow this week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @karenleona‌--enjoy your time with your grands!

@teresa & lori--congrats on smaller pants!! woohoo!

@texasmom--nice job reaching your 20 lb goal--now for onederland! :smile:

@amy (mrs.morgori)--I sore my red today too!!

@kellie--welcome! I absolutely know what you mean--I get physically exhausted when I'm stressed out. It doesn't help that I have sleep issues (insomnia, sleep paralysis) so rarely get enough sleep, and when I'm stressed it's even worse. Exercise really does help me--running is my stress relief.

@melifornia--nice that you finally caught up with the trainer at the gym.

@kelley--sorry your car isn't done, but I agree you'll be happier if it's done right the first time.

@niki--thanks for doing such a great job welcoming all of the newlings.

@L2T--sorry work is so crazy for you right now. I'm also thrilled it's friday.

@kaye--I eat the whole egg if it's scrambled or boiled, but I can't stand the yolk if it's fried, so I give the yolks to gunner. He LOVES them. :smiley:

Friday Fitness:
    Well I went for my PT appointment today. He did a full assessment of my shoulder and neck and believes I probably strained my rotator cuff. He gave me some posture techniques to help ease the stress on my neck while we work on the shoulder. We didn't do much today, but the assessment itself has left my neck pretty tight. I took a muscle relaxer so hopefully it will loosen up while I sleep.

I got zero grading done throughout the day b/c I had to get my sub plans together for Monday. I have a release day to meet with the bargaining team. We will meet from 8-5 and are moving to discussing our financial proposals. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, tense day.

Tomorrow gunner goes to the salon and I go to the gym for my second run of the week. Totally forgot to do my balance exercises last night even though I posted I would do them after getting off the computer. :blush: I'm going to do them right now.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: x/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 1/2 runs
    Week 2: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/60 JRP journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--shovel snow DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--PT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • colleen40
    colleen40 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay no time to catch up but seriously excited for NSV of reaching 11108 steps today. A first since I started wearing my life tracker a month ago!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @kelmomto3‌ - Kellie, welcome! Stress can get to everyone! Glad to hear that you are pumped and ready to go. I know it seems counterintuitive, but when you're feeling stressed a brisk walk, fast enough for conversation to be a bit of effort, is just the ticket. You need to concentrate on your pace & where you place your feet, and you aren't obsessing on your problems anymore. Plus you're getting exercise instead of eating!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Everyone,

Yikes, today will be a bit of a challenge here. I am going with our son and his fiancée to taste food for the reception after their wedding. Our son was widowed 5 years ago and we are delighted he has found someone new to share his life with. She is a very lovely person and we like her a lot.

I was flattered when she asked if I would like to help decide about the food for the reception. Well, today is the day. I have no idea what I am in for as far as calories. My intent is to eat lightly before, do what I have been ask and then try to finish the day within limits. I will let you know how it goes. I have never done this before so really have no idea what to expect.

The wedding is in September and one of the reasons I am using to sort of push myself here on MFP, though the really big reason is me and my health and happiness. KC (our son) wants me to waltz with him at the wedding and I rather have my doubts at the moment.

Sorry, this is all about me this morning. It is time for me to get some things done. I will try to get back with a report on the food and to do personals later.

Thanks for listening.
    Barb (mountmary)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Happy Take Your Child to the Library Day
    Nadine Lipman, a children's librarian in Waterford, Connecticut, came up with the idea for Take Your Child to the Library Day and selected the first Saturday in February as the annual day of celebration. The idea gained popularity immediately, and librarians started planning special events, programs, and displays. February 7, 2015 will be the 4th annual Take Your Child to the Library Day. Won't you join us?

Does my library have to celebrate on the first Saturday in February? Many libraries, for a variety of reasons, choose another day in February, or an entire week, for their celebrations. Our general policy is that any day, or group of days in February can be celebrated as Take Your Child to the Library Day with a carry-over into early March if weather becomes an issue. The date is your choice. We only ask that you fill out the survey by the end of March at the latest.

Take Your Child to the Library Day

“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” ~Nelson Mandela

Tom
  • NK1112
    Options
    @mountmary - Barb, how wonderful that your future DIL is including you in the wedding arrangements. enjoy.

@Morgori - Tom, today's quote couldn't be more true, especially about weight loss! Thanks.

@colleen40 - Colleen, congratulations on all those steps! Is that cumulative of just one day? I wish I could walk 20% of that!

AFM - I have an NSV today! Yippee !! ... I noticed something different about my face today that made me happy. The hollows on the side of my face just under my cheek bones has returned! For so many years my face was round from fat that it wasn't apparent I have cheek bones at all! Now, that's encouragement for me as big as Therea's size 16 pants.!
    Congratulations to both of us @Theresa_3266.

February challenge:
    calories in the right place 6/6
    exercise PT 6/6, Gym 0/3 this week ... but I snow shoveled 3 days this week. That's HIIT for me!

Hope everone has a great weekend. I've been keeping up with the posts when I log my meals but haven't responded to everyone. Welcome Newbies!
    Thollow-through
    Niki