Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    mon - 0
    tues - will be 0

This week plan to only drink once again. Thursday night I will be :drinker: See how many shots I can keep it down to this week. :blushing: :heart:

Did the shots work out well for you? My girlfriend had the hardest time losing the last 10 lbs. She switched from beer to vodka and, damn, she looks good. That was her secret.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    At last I found my people!
    We've been looking for you.....where ya been?:laugh:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    mon - 0
    tues - will be 0

This week plan to only drink once again. Thursday night I will be :drinker: See how many shots I can keep it down to this week. :blushing: :heart:

Did the shots work out well for you? My girlfriend had the hardest time losing the last 10 lbs. She switched from beer to vodka and, damn, she looks good. That was her secret.

Apparently I need to do this LOL, I love my beer tho :( I work out a lot so I feel like it should work. Maybe if I tried to switch to Vodka on the nights I plan to drink a fair amount. and beer when I am only having 1 or 2....
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Good to find this thread. I've been feeling guilty about spending calories on a glass of wine...sometiimes two...a night. I got into the habit of having a glass of Riesling while making dinner. Now it's a habit, and I often have a glass WITH dinner too. That's about 300 calories I DON'T need to spend. But dang. I enjoy it. One glass of Riesling tonight and I'm keeping the bottle corked.
  • Ynnep1000
    Ynnep1000 Posts: 24
    Had zero intention of drinking tonight but they serve wine at the theatre where I went to watch improv. I did not even try to resist. Even though it's 4 bucks a glass and comes out of a box.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    mon - 0
    tues - will be 0

No because I had 20 shots and still went over cals. :laugh:
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    have just completed an alcohol free week and was tough on a few days, trying to give it up while I lose some weight, and then keep a better lid on it when I do so any and all help appreciated :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    good morning Lushes,

I actually got my butt on the dreadmill last night, cooked the shrimp rellenos, cleaned the kitchen so I was proud of myself. Then I had a sugar free lemonade but it didn't taste right without a kick so I added a little shot of Captain Morgan Reserve. I really wasn't going to drink so I don't know why I did that. of course one wasn't enough so I had two. I will try to do better tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I had 2 glasses of sauvignon blanc last night. I opened the bottle to put some in my pasta sauce and the next thing you know I was pouring a glass. I had 2.

S - 2
    M - 2

Have to go to a visitation out of town with husband and my in-laws and stopping on the way home for dinner so not sure if there will be drinks tonight or not.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    So I said I wasn't going to drink until thursday BUT I am really under calories today and tomorrow......Hmmm what to do, what to do :wink:
  • sayteevah
    sayteevah Posts: 7
    New to MFP 2 weeks ago. I love to drink and would appreciate any suggestions you all have for getting alcohol to fit into my calorie count. Having a tough go with the limits already and feel hungry a lot. I hate light beer, usually have Young's Stout. Not a fan of wine, booze only in certain circumstances. So far I have switched to Guinness and trying to keep it to a few nights a week, also have had V-8 bloody marys for a party. Recipes for skinny drinks etc. and other strategies would be very welcome.
  • marci355
    Good Morning, my fellow Lushy's,
    I've got good news. My doctor called last night. My liver enzymes were only slighty elevated (huge sigh of relief....) and I am going to be retested in 4 weeks. If the numbers go down in that time, then I have NOT permanently damaged my liver! Yay!!! I was so scared. So NO booze for this girl for 4 weeks and probably longer, to lose this 25 lbs, I'm carrying around. After that, not going to be a daily thing. It's going to be a "special occasion" thing, like I've always been. I started drinking heavily to deal with some pretty extreme stress. Nope, wasn't a good idea....but it's almost over and it's time to rejoin the real world, instead of drinking every single day. Wow, I could jump up and down, right now! I've always been a social drinker and it's never been a big deal to me to have a drink or not. Thats why I guess, it's taken me 3 years, to realize I had crossed that line. From now on, I will go back to the way, I'v ealways been... after I drop 25 lbs, that is. Everyone have an awesome day!!! :bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Good Morning, my fellow Lushy's,
    I've got good news. My doctor called last night. My liver enzymes were only slighty elevated (huge sigh of relief....) and I am going to be retested in 4 weeks. If the numbers go down in that time, then I have NOT permanently damaged my liver! Yay!!! I was so scared. So NO booze for this girl for 4 weeks and probably longer, to lose this 25 lbs, I'm carrying around. After that, not going to be a daily thing. It's going to be a "special occasion" thing, like I've always been. I started drinking heavily to deal with some pretty extreme stress. Nope, wasn't a good idea....but it's almost over and it's time to rejoin the real world, instead of drinking every single day. Wow, I could jump up and down, right now! I've always been a social drinker and it's never been a big deal to me to have a drink or not. Thats why I guess, it's taken me 3 years, to realize I had crossed that line. From now on, I will go back to the way, I'v ealways been... after I drop 25 lbs, that is. Everyone have an awesome day!!! :bigsmile:

Great news Marci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Congratulations, Marci! That's wonderful news! Keep it up!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Ack! Computer ate my post!

How are the abstainers doing?

Long story short, I didn't drink last night but after the kids going crazy and drama abounded I wanted to...I cleaned instead. :smile:
  • marci355
    Thanks for the encouragement! This whole thing scared the *kitten* outta me.....I really appreciate all of you for being here for me!:flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Good realization Marci, keep up the good work...we fall into bad, bad habits...totally, quilty of that myself:flowerforyou:

Monday, 0 drinks...kind of wanted one and then fought the urge:grumble:
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    My elliptical came with a Guinness holder on the front.

Generally it's not the alcohol that brings up the calories but the mixers.

Great thread.
  • LTJQMOM
    LTJQMOM Posts: 1
    Just started the diet yesterday but really nice to be in the same boat. I LOVE beer - especially in the summer (hot) months. I will try to cut back during the week and drink water when I get home (boring) just to allow this diet and exercise to do something. It won't be every day though. I'm glad others have the same want/need to be healthy but also enjoy their alcohol.:smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Great News, Marci, you can do it! I know I used to be the same way, just drinking on special occassions, parties, vacations, then I got this roommate who always kept beer in the fridge and it was like, why not have three beers every night while watching reality tv?!
    Last night I was sorely tempted, I was so upset to learn my cousin's husband is cheating on her and she has a 3 year old and 5-month-old:huh: a teacher than I have been friends with for 23 years is being threatened with dismissal over a mistake they say she made administering a standardized test, and then the little birds' nest in the wreath on my front door got blown by the wind and all those little eggs smashed on the steps just made me sob.:sad:
    I almost grabbed the wine, but I just had my cry instead.
    That's 9 days no drinking. 5 more to go...
This discussion has been closed.