Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you don't detoxify and eat sugar.4ppwrfebrib9.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You know I don't comment on much around here but reading this post makes me think yall are a bunch of bully's. Do you really need to mock this person message after message? Let it go.

This thread stopped being about the OP a long time ago. Now people are mocking alt-med in general.

For the record, I hate alt-med and will mock it at every turn. Not the people who are fleeced by it, but the people who do the fleecing. They absolutely deserve to be mocked.

We were just having this discussion at work because I read an article that the NY Attorney General has banned several vitamins and supplements that were genetically tested and found to have no trace of the substance they claimed to be in their product. We were wondering how the hell you make the decision that you are going to sell a product and then just say "and we can save money by not actually putting that ingredient in there"...

What is wrong with people?!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    You know I don't comment on much around here but reading this post makes me think yall are a bunch of bully's. Do you really need to mock this person message after message? Let it go.

This thread stopped being about the OP a long time ago. Now people are mocking alt-med in general.

For the record, I hate alt-med and will mock it at every turn. Not the people who are fleeced by it, but the people who do the fleecing. They absolutely deserve to be mocked.

We were just having this discussion at work because I read an article that the NY Attorney General has banned several vitamins and supplements that were genetically tested and found to have no trace of the substance they claimed to be in their product. We were wondering how the hell you make the decision that you are going to sell a product and then just say "and we can save money by not actually putting that ingredient in there"...

Greed. Pure, unfettered, unregulated greed.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

How do you genetically test a vitamin?
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Based on this thread, I'm pretty sure it involves massage therapy.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

you can't.

It has no genes.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    kampshoff wrote: »

Based on this thread, I'm pretty sure it involves massage therapy.

Pshhh. You can't check genetics with MT. You need to be a reiki master with the ability to delve into the past lives of the vitamin. What a n00b.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Is it turning into a mean people thread yet?!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

They were looking at things like ginko, and so they tested for the genetics of that plant.
  • tincanonastring
    edited February 2015
    Options

They were looking at things like ginko, and so they tested for the genetics of that plant.

The supplement companies are protesting because they say the state used inaccurate tests, but they refuse to disclose what tests they use internally. If you can't repeat it, it ain't science.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

The supplement companies are protesting because they say the state used inaccurate tests, but they refuse to disclose what tests they use internally. If you can't repeat it, it ain't science.

On a separate but related note, not enough people understand this. I know someone who is already spending hundreds of dollars on supplements based on one study that has not yet been peer reviewed or replicated. Until the results can be replicated and the methodology analyzed by other scientists, it's next to meaningless.
  • Back to the original topic, I like to purge toxins through hot yoga!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    http://livingtraditionally.com/the-easiest-homemade-colon-cleanser/

I just found this little gem on my FB page, and it got 'liked' by 12 of my friends. I need new friends.7r6edgi2ryds.png
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of toxins is much like any other medical issue. It starts with diagnosis and identification. Tell me a toxin, and I'll tell you how to get rid of it. Any one...just name it.

Do in-laws qualify as toxins?

BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    for future reference wk = white knight

I saved 15% on my detoxification by switching to Ginko
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

:laugh:

In 15 minutes, I assume?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

:laugh:

In 15 minutes, I assume?
    That's not the way it works. That's not the way any of this works.

:wink:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    http://livingtraditionally.com/the-easiest-homemade-colon-cleanser/

I just found this little gem on my FB page, and it got 'liked' by 12 of my friends. I need new friends.

If you really want to see how long it takes for food to pass through your digestive system, eat a big bowl of Fruit Loops and wait for the poop to be a weird purple and green shade. Usually it takes less than 24 hours.

30 lb of waste backed up????????????????????? Yeah right.

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I heard that the Duke and Elvis died chock full'o impacted waste from consuming choice steer
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

Ahh- thank you for the explination...

....And I really hope it wasn't a high voltage of electricity... :#

Did you know that high voltage is less fatal than low voltage? Low voltage shocks are most likely to cause defib of the heart, which is very difficult to correct since your heart is still beating, but not well enough to keep you alive. High volt shocks are more likely to temporarily stop your heart, at which point your heart is more likely to resume natural rhythm on it's own. Learned it in my one electrical engineering class and I was shocked (get it)! Note: I'm not talking lighting strikes here...

Did you know that voltage has nothing to do with electricity's ability to kill you?

You're talking about current. Over 0.1 amps is enough to kill you. Below that, and no matter how much or how little voltage you have, it will not kill you (unless you have an underlying medical condition).

Voltage and current are related though. Given the same resistance, low voltage will have high current. High voltage will have low current. Therefore, high voltage is less likely to kill you, if the resistance is low enough (again, given the same voltage, high resistance will have higher current, lower resistance will have lower current).

I = V*R

I = current
    V = Voltage
    R = resistance

Trust me, I took grade 9 physics.

I hope the bolded was the punchline, because the rest of your post is completely wrong. Ohm's law: V=IR, not I=VR.
This discussion has been closed.