Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    32daisies wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I actually had a small chicken breast that was 3oz on the nose last week. It was so weird!

I'm a big fan of using the same entry, but adapting my servings (like 1.67 for 5oz when the entry is for 3). Too lazy to find another reliable entry! Ha.

I do this too!!! It's already in my list, why should I waste time searching for another one just because I ate more or less? Doesn't make sense to me. I just want to eat!

• BrittanyColley
    BrittanyColley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily sometimes several times a day. :s
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't old enough to be his mother and already in a committed relationship, I'd be making a road trip to TN to look up dougpconnell219. Funny guy!
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually only record when I lose as well!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I use the MFP recipe builder all the time. I weigh out what I am cooking, make it into a recipe and then divide it by the number of people who are going to eat it (two helpings calculated for each of my teenage boys). I even go in and adjust a recipe each time I make it so that the ingredients match up. For instance, I am making Peppercorn Lime Steelhead Trout for dinner. I had to adjust the weight of the fish because I bought more this time than I did last time. That part of my diary is pretty accurate. I may forget to log a glass of wine though...or a salted caramel...or two.

I do this too! I'll have a written or printed copy of my recipe next to me, and as I prep I will weigh my ingredients and jot down exactly what I'm putting in. No guesstimating. I actually enjoy it a lot. Not sure what that says about me :)

I love the idea of the MFP recipe builder, but when I tried it in the past it seemed very buggy, and I had a hard time getting it to match ingredients. Has it improved recently?

I have to use the old one, I think the new one is really bad.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I JUST read an article on this today on at home wrapping using foul and plastic wrap! I think it was goodmorningcenter.com, check it out, I know I'll be trying it!

Confession: I flagged this as spam.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

I once had a MFP friend who commented every single day with suggestions on better food choices. I hated that. I had to delete her. I don't mind it once in a while if I'm eating 6 pies every single day or something, but c'mon! I was paying a dietitian at the time, I didn't need the extra "help".

I never use a food scale. I always just guesstimate. I do own a food scale and have used it on occasion, just not regularly. I'm still consistently losing, so I'm not worried about it yet.

Yep. I went below 1100 calories one day and was 500 calories over my goal the next and someone felt the need to comment on my overage. I had to delete her. I had no regrets about eating all that granola, don't you dare shame me for it!

I enjoy your username very much. Just wanted to confess that.

I enjoy your beard very much. Just wanted to confess that.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm the person 911 calls when people go missing. I try not to judge the people who go missing (in the woods or water), but 90% of them went missing for a good reason.

Because you're a known serial killer? No judgement of course.

• terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I lack self control with lifesaver mint green peppermints. They're my daily "treat" and I have to ration myself because I'll legitimately sit down and eat 20 in a row like nothing happened. Every time I decide it's time for a treat, I grab one from the giant bag sitting in my office draw, smile and clap my hands. There's just something about the flavor of mint, especially spearmint, lmao.

I used to have it bad with cinnamon mint flavors...one of my christmas gifts as a child was an industrial sized tin on cinnamon altoids. It might have taken me a month to go through them. It was massive.

I seriously think if given the choice between a gallon of ice cream and 5 peppermints, I'd choose those peppermints.

Now I can't stop staring at the draw they're sitting in........
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If I have too much to drink on any night, I must eat, continuously, for the next 24 hours- and it's not health food. Never helps with the counting!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I took my dog for a walk last night and slipped on the ice. Flat on my back. Bumped my head too. I'm really fine but it's embarrassing. I blamed the dog for needing a walk.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I can't possibly weigh every single thing that I eat, unless I walk around with a scale and I'm NOT about to do that. Sure I want to lose weight, but I'll make the best guess possible even if it means overestimating and undereating. It's impossible for me to make this a lifestyle if it means being an obsessive maniac over how many grams are in a freakin grape. I simply can't do it. That said, I'll make a conscious effort and do the best I can, but no way in hell I'm walking around with a scale to weigh every single morsel. Kudos to those of you who do, I'm not there nor do I think I want to be.

I don't own a food scale. I lost 65 lbs and have kept it off for over a year. Overestimate food and underestimate calories burned due to exercise and you'll be fine.
  • drklib
    drklib Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I pin exercises on Pinterest like it's going out of style... But I rarely ever look at them.

I also get excited if I poop... but I have digestion issues so pooping is not a daily occurrence for me. In fact- I take all of my vitamins with coffee at 530 am every day during the week in hopes that I'll go...

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are recent converts to the religion of being healthy and do things that aren't viable long term, like not counting all purposeful exercise or insisting that every gram of food that goes into their mouths is weighed and catalogued. I get it, really I do. Recent converts to any faith tend to be the most zealous. But I want to shake them and say "if you want to stay healthy, you have to have a plan you can follow THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Chill out before you burn out." It wouldn't do any good, so I don't. . .
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I never look at people's food diaries. I could care less what people eat. If it works for you, then have at it. I'd never judge someone for eating 12 donuts or 6 pies or whatever. I can drink a gallon of wine or a case of beer like nobody's business so no judging from me. :smile:

I once had a MFP friend who commented every single day with suggestions on better food choices. I hated that. I had to delete her. I don't mind it once in a while if I'm eating 6 pies every single day or something, but c'mon! I was paying a dietitian at the time, I didn't need the extra "help".

I never use a food scale. I always just guesstimate. I do own a food scale and have used it on occasion, just not regularly. I'm still consistently losing, so I'm not worried about it yet.

Quite frankly I find it sofa king tedious to track every single bite. My diary is not accurate by any stretch of the imagination. I would hate having someone making all sorts of suggestions unless of course I ask. I don't do well with unsolicited opinions or advice. Let me ask before chiming in with judgemental suggestions.

Not sure if this was a typo or intentional, but I love it! Took me a minute to figure it out. Then I read it out loud. Ah....

not a typo :wink:

Very clever then!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Am I in the only relationship in America where we can both eyeball a tablespoon or a cup in amounts and be within 95% accuracy?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I JUST read an article on this today on at home wrapping using foul and plastic wrap! I think it was goodmorningcenter.com, check it out, I know I'll be trying it!

Confession: I flagged this as spam.

I wondered who did! Kind of ironic that this post 55 pages later is pretty much the same post that started this thread...
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I can't possibly weigh every single thing that I eat, unless I walk around with a scale and I'm NOT about to do that. Sure I want to lose weight, but I'll make the best guess possible even if it means overestimating and undereating. It's impossible for me to make this a lifestyle if it means being an obsessive maniac over how many grams are in a freakin grape. I simply can't do it. That said, I'll make a conscious effort and do the best I can, but no way in hell I'm walking around with a scale to weigh every single morsel. Kudos to those of you who do, I'm not there nor do I think I want to be.

Same here. I've thought about buying a food scale, but I know I won't measure everything, nor do I think I want to. Granted, I don't need to lose any weight, but keeping track of my macros is important, but not enough to weigh my food. I think I'm doing fine.

I do realize it is an important tool in the beginning to learn portion sizes for those who have trouble with that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale for some things and measuring cups/spoons for others. If it's easily measurable in a cup or spoon, I do it that way. I don't cram it all into a cup though. I think that's where people tend to go wrong.

I don't really get the appeal of HRMs and other activity trackers. I'm not confident that they are more accurate than the calculators I can find online. It's all estimates and only time and experimenting is going to help you figure out your real maintenance calories, etc.
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Totally understand. PB is one of my go to foods when I binge.