Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My confession is that some times i look at some of the before and after pictures of women that have lost weight and think that they are too skinny or too muscular and the thought that goes through my head is please eat more as i think you would look better with more meat on your bones, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I want to get down to 168 which would leave me on the obese/overweight line but i want to be soft and curvy (Marilyn Monroe style) not lean with defined muscles.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My confession: I rarely hit 5,000 steps on my FitBit. I feel like crap about it, every day, and I won't add any more friends on there because I don't want to feel even worse.

^This. I used to get over 10K at least 4 days a week, but for the last 2 months it's rarely over 4k. I got a friend request from a IRL friend who got a new Fitbit and won't add her because I don't want her to see how lame I am.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever. I wish I could friend you all.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I walk in my sleep and eat while I am doing it. Very depressing to wake up to that.
  • erinlikesfood
    erinlikesfood Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First of all, let me preface this by saying I don't need to lose weight and never have. Most of the time I was counting calories/losing weight was due to an eating disorder. But I'm by most definitions recovered now. (As in, I eat "normally" and am a healthy weight, but still do things like browse weight loss forums, haha) I guess this was a confession in itself :P But anyway

I used to avoid making things in large batches or recipes with a lot of ingredients because it was harder to figure out the calories every time I had some. And like, if I made a soup with chunks of stuff, and I got more chicken than veggie chunks in a serving or something, I wouldn't know the exact carb/protein/fat amounts.

I read some pages back in this thread about someone who sat on their Quest bars to warm them up. I have also done that. Or left them in my car on the dashboard on a hot day.

There's one particular kind of tea I've had that satisfies my post-meal cravings for snacks so I've been ordering it online in bulk for years.

Even though I could come home for lunch most days, I prefer to eat outside my house so that I can't keep going back for snacks after lunch.

I actually hated peanut butter/had never tried it until I became interested in losing weight. I read it was good for healthy fats, so I tried some. That was the worst decision for weight loss I ever made, haha.

Sometimes I tape the lids of my nut butter jars shut so that it's more difficult for me to get to them. It's all nut butters... peanut, almond, cashew, hazelnut, sunflower seed... I crave them. If I were going to die, my last meal would be an entire jar of warm coconut butter eaten with a spoon.

I used to tell people I was gluten intolerant as an excuse to not eat cookies, cakes, etc. Then I felt horribly guilty when in the future they'd go out of their way to make a gluten-free treat for me.

And now for a more healthy confession - I have a scale, but I've successfully avoided weighing myself for over a year. I taped a sticky note over the number with words like "intelligence," "self-confidence," and "love" on it. And I'm much better off. A few times I have tried to weigh myself, but I can't see the number through the sticky note and instead just read all the things the scale can't measure.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    After my workout one day I was craving a late night snack but we had nothing good in the house. It was the end of the week and grocery shopping was going to happen next day. I rampaged through the cupboards and stopped at the "baby food" drawer. I polished off half a tub of baby puffs, 2 teething biscuits, a jar of pureed pears and then from the fridge 2 deliciously creamy baby yogurts. I was too embarrassed to log that, so I just logged a pear and regular yogurt ☺️
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Confession: I get really really excited when I poop before breakfast.

Amen. I weigh before coffee and after coffee LOL
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    I am totally enjoying reading these! It's so funny to see the things we do and to know that I am not alone. I haven't done anything recently, but.....I buy the Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting in the plastic jar......and eat it......by the spoonfuls. If that stuff is in my house its in danger of being eaten by me before it ever makes it onto cakes or cookies. One time, I even hid the jar in my room so no one would know I was eating it, then I wrapped the jar in several bags threw the jar away outside. This thread made me crave it for a minute. >:)

I totally do this too! And, I can eat that can of icing in a single day. At least, it isn't a single sitting - that would make me sick - but, over the course of the day? No problem!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Confession: I set my browser homepage to MFP so that as soon as I open the internet, I maintain my streak.
    lol, thanks for the tip! ;)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My confession is that some times i look at some of the before and after pictures of women that have lost weight and think that they are too skinny or too muscular and the thought that goes through my head is please eat more as i think you would look better with more meat on your bones, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I want to get down to 168 which would leave me on the obese/overweight line but i want to be soft and curvy (Marilyn Monroe style) not lean with defined muscles.

Marilyn Monroe was actually pretty thin... definitely not overweight. My issue honestly is that I don't want to be too thin either, but I still have a low fat roll that is not going away (but for what it's worth, last Summer I saw a ton of women who were thin and still had it, I'm guessing it's just genetics and unless I go down to 16% body fat or something it's not going anywhere).

About muscles, my arms and shoulders are well defined. And I've never been one of those people who spend hours lifting because I hate it. It just pretty much happened. It's genetics, I think. So I laugh at people who say that women don't bulk up. I'd say it really depends on your definition of 'bulking' and your genetics.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I was depressed about the weight on my scale so I drank way too many beers last night and ate like it was going out of style. Surprisingly, the scale went down 2 pounds this morning.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options

"Belly bra" I've done that too.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Here's One for the men...

Remember the episode of Seinfeld where kramer and mr costanza invent the bro, or the manserrie? (bra for men.)

I half thought that was a good idea. I hate my he-hooters.
  • cnadiger
    Options
    Hello, my name is Christy, and I'm an icecreamaholic.

I just sent you a FR based strictly on that profile pic!! LOL!
  • cnadiger
    Options
    nonstopper wrote: »
    My wife doesnt know i have MFP......

Ooops! *channeling the kids* "I'm telling!!"
  • cnadiger
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.

I'm envious of that t-shirt. I can just hear her voice when I read it!!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm too darn lazy to read this entire thread although some of it has me laughing out loud. If it's still about confessions....

I would go under the knife in a minute if I had money for plastic surgery. I HATE counting calories and logging everything I put in my mouth. I do it nonetheless because I hate being fat even more.

Carry on...

I lost 90lbs and I had a lot of excess skin and a severe muscle separation in my abdomen which is why I did it. I would never have surgery to get rid of fat. I only did it because I couldn't change it on my own, and I was already really healthy. No regrets :)
  • cnadiger
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories *kitten* burns...lol

But do you wear your heart rate monitor?

No, just found online that "The average man burns 4.2 calories a minute having sex, while women burn 3.1 calories. " and calculated based on that.

And it must be true, because....internet. LOL!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession #5 - I just woke up because I was up so late and today was my day off work. I was going to try for my 20K step badge with fitbit today, but given the time already, that is not happening! I am going to still go to the gym though and make my daily 10K.

Confession #6 - When I just came back to read all the new post, I re-read mine to start, and am irritated how many mistakes are in it! I am not a grammar nazi or anything, and I do make mistakes, but I feel that post is really bad because I was so tired, but was so amused with this thread, I just wanted to post! Just to clarify one thing from my 4th confession, that should have read, other end of the towel, not the other side lol.....

Confession #7 - I can totally relate to all the poop posts! I hate leaving my house in the morning before having my poop for the day! I am very regular so it rarely happens, but when it does, I get all out of sorts. I have OCD (like actual diagnosed OCD), and will not use public bathrooms, so most days I pee in the morning, and will go up to 12hrs or more without peeing again until I get home.

Confession #8 - Because I was up so late reading this thread, I got super hungry around 1am, and got some potato chips and ate 2/3's of a large bag, and then 2/3rds of a box of cookies....I feel sick this morning because of it, and I have decided not to log it, although I usually log everything. I really must go to bed and not get sucked into things like this so late at night because that is when I tend to lose control.....I mean, who wants to eat veggies at 1am??

I love reading everyone's posts!!
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm too darn lazy to read this entire thread although some of it has me laughing out loud. If it's still about confessions....

I would go under the knife in a minute if I had money for plastic surgery. I HATE counting calories and logging everything I put in my mouth. I do it nonetheless because I hate being fat even more.

Carry on...

I lost 90lbs and I had a lot of excess skin and a severe muscle separation in my abdomen which is why I did it. I would never have surgery to get rid of fat. I only did it because I couldn't change it on my own, and I was already really healthy. No regrets :)

I would totally do it to get rid of fat, I just can't afford it. I'm just being honest. I'm sure I'd still have to count calories and exercise but I would do it if I had the money....heck yeah I would.

Kudos to you for losing 90 pounds...that is awesome!