Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Several hours ago I was getting ready to close my laptop and go to bed.....then I saw this thread and it is now 2am! I read all 34 pages and it was worth it!

Confession #1 - I get a bit judgy when I know people that are ashamed to live their lives! I have several friends that are slightly overweight that will not swim because of not wanting to wear a bathing suit. I have another friend that is about 140lbs that not only will not wear a bathing suit, but will also not let her husband see her naked stomach. I have a friend that literally will not eat in public, not even at a party or anything. And yet another friend that went to the gym with me one day, and sat around the change room in her gym clothes waiting for me to go out for lunch for almost an hour, while I showered etc because she would not change her clothes in a change room.

I am almost 400lbs currently. I love to swim and do it as often as I can. I shower and change in the change room at the gym, in fact, before my new Y was built I even used the group showers because they had better water pressure than the private ones. When I am in the bedroom with my SO there are usually so many lights on it feels like I am on a stage, and I have doubled in weight since we met. I do dress properly, like I do not wear short shorts or crop tops or anything crazy like that, but on a hot day, I wear shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt, I have way too much insulation to be walking around hot all day! I cannot even imagine trying to live my life around what other people think, and I own a mirror and a scale, I am well aware of how I look and I didn't eat that way eating celery either, so when I am out to eat or at a party, I actually eat! My best girlfriend of 35 years and my sister are both naturally rail thin. It does not bother me, that is how they are, and this is how I am. It did not stop me from being my friends maid of honor or taking photos to post on facebook when my sister was down for a visit!

Confession #2 - I am currently trying to lose about 50lbs because my DR told me I have to. This irritates me, because while I know she is right and is not a preaching DR about my weight, it bothers me that I am being forced by my own body\health to do so.

Confession #3 - Because of the above confession, I obviously am trying to curb my eating of candy and junk food, however, that has not stopped me from buying it....I have TONS of candy, chocolate bars and chips in my place, and it keeps growing and growing because I have slowed down considerably on eating it but seem to keep buying it at the same rate, so it just accumulates. I could fill up a back pack with candy and chocolate and have around 15 large bags of chips currently on hand.

Confession #4 - This is not weight related at all, but after reading some of these I feel this is a great place to confess this, and I am laughing just thinking about posting it. I have not told anyone this ever yet. About 20 years ago, a close girlfriend and I went to a house party. It was in a big beautiful house, but was mostly just a lot of drinking and dancing and craziness. About halfway through the night, we were both really really drunk, and we went into the bathroom (yes, together), and there was no toilet paper. When we told the hostess, she got us a box of kleenex and we used that. The next time we had to pee, the kleenex was gone too, and we told the hostess and she told us to hang on and then never came back, and my friend was dying to pee. She went, and we searched the large bathroom for something ANYTHING to wipe with and there was nothing....so, she used the hand towel hung up at the sink....and then I peed and used the other side....and we threw it under the sink so nobody would dry their hands on it!! Seriously though, who has a party and does not have toilet paper?? Years after this, about 8 or so, the hostess became my friends daughter in law, lol. My friend passed away two years ago, as far as I know, she never told anyone, and neither did I, until just now.
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I go to brunch on Sundays at a buffet with my boyfriend, and I can do great as far as the main course food is concerned, but the soft serve ice cream with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce gets me every time. It's a small dish that packs a whollup calorie-wise. Then to make myself feel less guilty I eat a slice of sugar free chocolate pie. I really enjoy that ice cream and pie, but I spend the rest of the day kicking myself for wrecking my calorie count.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I am watching Alton Brown bake cupcakes. I really miss baking.

I am pretty OK living without eating baked goods, but I am a crazy-good baker and it sucks to have a skill and talent that I cannot use.

Yes, I know, moderation blah, blah, blah and it is OK to eat crap as long as it is in your calorie range...but not for me. I just cannot have that many carbs if I want to maintain my loss.

I guess what I like is taking really ordinary, boring stuff (flour, eggs) and turning those ingredients into something good. I also like making other people happy with my food. Maybe the issue is that I don't have enough people to feed these days.
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in the gross club. I wash the gym clothes once a week!

When I buy a rotisserie chicken, it is literally impossible for me not to eat the skin as soon as I get home. I used to peel and eat the entirety of the skin... And not log it.

I brought one home today and ate just a sliver of skin. It was so hard to throw the rest away!

Ha! For my home gym I get naked after a work out session and hang my dirty clothes on my incline trainer for next use, I am a once a week washer to! On my outside gym clothes I wash after each use :wink:
  • anabelish
    anabelish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have two toddlers but they don't walk very fast so I make them sit in the pram even though they want to walk just so I can power walk pushing the weight of 2 kids and the double pram. bad mum :(
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    When I was much younger I used to add icing sugar to my juice.....
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I also don't go out places where I know I could be "seen" by people that might know me. thinks that I have been thin and good-looking for all these years and have NO IDEA that I've been overweight and depressed and trying to get healthy. Sure, I am getting back to a comfortable/happy weight...but still, no one really knows the truth.

Same here. I only go to the rock club when I'm thin enough top wear the little sexy outfits- so nobody knows when I've gained weight. I'm currently anticipating getting back out next month, if I stay on track. I've gained 14 lbs in a year due to losing my Mum to cancer and being too depressed to cook- and just eating frozen pizzas and chicken nuggets etc.

But I'm doing okay now and i know my Mum would want me to be slim again (that was always very important to her) and to go out and have fun again. (I love dancing)

Oh and I occasionally eat a teaspoon of Green & Blacks drinking chcocolate. It's not power , more like granulated chcocolate- it's yummy- no regrets or shame about this one.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Confession: After reading this post, I tried it.

Confession: Me, too. Spoon of peanut butter, dip in hot chocolate mix, repeat. This was last night.
    I really want to do it again.
  • lyndseysolar
    lyndseysolar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lyndsey, and I have a sprinkle addiction. I love ice cream, but i view it mostly as a vehicle for sprinkles. None the less, i gained a lot of "comfort weight" once i got engaged over the summer due to this addiction. I started this in an attempt to help me lose weight before my wedding in September. I've been diligently tracking everything I consume. The first day, I realized I was eating a disturbing amount of calories. After that, I cut my calories down to 1200. At this point, I'm down to between 600-900 calories a day. I lost 8 pounds this week.
    Honey that's not healthy. :(

Yes, I know it's not very healthy. You see, I work at home and my office is in the basement where as the kitchen is all the way upstairs *insert lazy exaggerated sigh here*. I work 12 hour days more often than not, and I'm so busy I usually just forget to eat (although I always eat breakfast). So when I'm done working, instead of eating up my entire kitchen, I have a salad or an egg. Then later on I'll have veggies or fruit. Maybe even a spoonful of peanut butter. I wake up very early, so I go to bed early. I won't eat for at least an hour before I go to sleep, so it's not like I'm starving, the food I'm eating just doesn't have as many calories.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I tried eating the dog kibble because I didn't want her to eat anything yucky.

FYI - its like a bland savory biscuit. I could probably use it as a topping for a pie.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My whole breakfast this morning consisted of 8 cookies.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    First of all, I LOVE this thread. Anyway...hmmm...what dirty secrets do I have... i stopped logging my food on here because I was getting so compulsive that I started having nightmares that I forgot to track something. Doing a lot better now. Oh and here's a bigger one, I had a tummy almost 3 years ago and got a tattoo over my hip to hip scar so noone can tell. :)
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck*
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm too darn lazy to read this entire thread although some of it has me laughing out loud. If it's still about confessions....

I would go under the knife in a minute if I had money for plastic surgery. I HATE counting calories and logging everything I put in my mouth. I do it nonetheless because I hate being fat even more.

Carry on...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Confession: After reading this post, I tried it.

Confession: Me, too. Spoon of peanut butter, dip in hot chocolate mix, repeat. This was last night.
    I really want to do it again.

I did that last night too! And a few nights before that...Had to log it in the next day because I went over.
  • when i get really stressed about my life situations, i don't eat a lot, so sometimes i try to purposfully stress myself out so i don't binge all day
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hapa11 wrote: »
    I have a LOT of Britney Spears on my exercise playlist.

hahaha omg YES! Same here; Britney Spears, Beyonce, Lady Gaga!!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I just cut my calories from 2700 to 2250.

Now I love my mother, but id push her down a flight of stairs for a pizza right now.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Now I love my mother, but id push her down a flight of stairs for a pizza right now.

LMAO....Hilarious!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options

You my friend, just made me crack up!! hahaha