Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday- Tom and Texasmom. Wishing you many wonderful years ahead.
    Ereilly- I live in Maryland so we are on the same coast. I am not a big road biker but I do enjoy the trails around my area.

Queen- I had ice last night and the day off from work today. It was very icy this morning so the school system changed from a 2hr delay to closed. I was thrilled because I had a lazy day and did get some grading done.

Have a great day.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ughh... I'm so far behind again. I'm just going to post now, because I will forget what I came here to share.

I weighed in on Sunday... 202.4 sooooo close! Then the same day I proceeded to stay home and binge watch Prison Break while eating an entire big bag of chips! Yesterday I didn't pack a good lunch so I bought fast food. It was fine until I met a friend after work and we went for pizza for dinner, which I didn't really need, but I wanted to spend time with them. Today I went grocery shopping and picked up crap I didn't need.. emotional eating again due to yet another injury...

Today I began modified duties at work, I hurt my back yesterday while delivering mail. I have chronic back pain which flares up from time to time, and one of the things that bothers it (which NOBODY seems to understand) is climbing over snowbanks on the curbs and standing on uneven hard packed snowy surfaces... I'm fine if I'm standing on flat ground, but with a foot of snow that's been stepped in, frozen, etc. puts stress on my back, so in addition to the armloads of mail I'm carrying, causes pain, this time I have spasms as well. The problem is that Canada Post hires contractors to clear the snow within 24 hours of a snowfall, and only when 5cm or more has fallen. So the snow wasn't cleared this time, but it's still a health and safety hazard for me. So if it is just left like that, I can't keep going out and working in those conditions. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can refuse unsafe work, but the mail piles up for weeks (I've done it before) and when the sites are finally safe enough for me to work, I am completely overburdened with mail that I get back pain caused by the huge volumes of extra mail I have to deliver. So frustrating. Never mind the fact that the sites are unsafe for customers (especially elderly) that have a problem climbing over the snow banks or who may trip and fall on the hard choppy snow in front of the mailboxes. Everything falls on deaf ears.

On a good note, there has been a very small improvement in my neck. I am pretty free of headaches, but turning to the left and right is still painful, but more manageable. (or quite possibly I'm simply able to ignore it, it's been there so long) Is it possible to become depressed from chronic pain? I'm starting to wonder if that's what's happening... the pain becomes so frustrating that I actually feel sad and think that it's going to be there forever, which makes me feel sadder still.

Forgot to add: I went to a walk in clinic today to get the WSIB forms filled out for work because I really do not like my family doctor (long story) and this was quicker anyway. Long story short, 10 yrs ago I went through a trial of 8 different anti inflammatories before I found one that worked for me. Then I moved and changed to my current doctor. I told him what med worked for my back pain, and he refuses to prescribe it!!! He will give me narcotics, which have no effect for me, and muscle relaxants that I cannot take at work (I drive a lot) because they make me drowsy... and that's when I need to take them! Anyway, the dr at the clinic asked which meds I usually take for my back pain, and then prescribed them right away! She also gave me modified duties, whereas my family doctor tells me a story of some 300 lb patient he had to transfer from gurney to bed in the ER and pulled his hamstring and HE continued to work, AND without any meds, and so should I. True story... he truly is an idiot.

Rant over... thanks for reading.
  • colleen40
    colleen40 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Monday check in (a day late ;-) )

I love reading everyone elses posts but then I can never think of anything to say for mine. NSV today hit 7500 steps. If I keep on this trend, I'll have to up my goal from 5000 to 7500 :smiley:

My achiements:
    Weight: 16/100 lbs
    Steps(5000pd): 3/7
    Calories: 5/7

My motto: Live Love!
  • kapansm
    kapansm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, Day 2 has been a success! I managed to eat within my calories & walked 2 miles. I was sweating like crazy & it felt great!!!!

One struggle I'm having is when I'm logging in MFP, I seem to be hungry, even if I've just ate! I guess it's because of all the talking about food???!! I don't like CONSTANTLY thinking about food. I'm sitting here typing this post, thinking about it right now. But I am drinking water!

How does everyone keep track of what everyone says & reply specifically to their posts? I see the name in blue with the @ symbol, but I'm not sure how it works.

Going to bed soon, it'll keep me from eating. Good night everyone.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Tanya949‌~I am so sorry for your injury and the treacherous walk-ways for you getting your job done. I hope your back feels better soon. Ugh, your family doctor sounds like a real piece of work, it frustrates me when doctors don't listen. To answer your question about chronic pain and depression--absolutely! I get that way sometimes in dealing with my continuous Achilles tendon issues. :frowning:

@kapansm‌~The names in blue work like a hyperlink (if someone is using the person's screen name versus real name), if you click on their screen name in blue it takes you straight to their profile page. Also, it works similar to Facebook so you know when someone has mentioned you in a post (it shows up under the "notifications" bell on the top right corner). On another note, the easiest way I have found to respond to a lot of people is to type out my responses in a Word document as I read thru the thread and then cut and paste in the reply box. Hope that helps.

Wow, 9pm already--time for the season finale of Ground Floor then headed to bed. See you on the flip side.

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @kapansm - I don't know how people who use a smartphone do this, because I use a desktop computer that has a large monitor screen.

I was typing the same information that @Kay68 wrote ... her's posted before mine, so I have edited out my comments about that.

I think about food almost all the time ... but not because I am hungry ... How many calories are you allowing yourself a day, and how much is carbohydrate compared to protein and fat? I ask because high carbs can make you feel hungry soon after eating, as well as not evough food!
    Follow-through
    niki
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @kapansm If you type the @ followed by the name it will turn blue when you post. I open two tabs and toggle back and forth so I can read the posts if I need to do several personals. That seems to work best on my tablet.
    @texasmom Happy birthday.
    @morgori Happy birthday.
    @Tanya my sympathy. I hope you recover quickly. I have had some interesting experiences with know-it-all doctors. Yours sounds like doosy.
    @laurie glad you enjoyed your day off. I think that ice scary.
    @ereilly Way to go on all of the snow shoveling. That will burn up the calories.
    @jtconst Glad you are able to enjoy the nice weather. Enjoy your hobbies time off and good luck to your son on his new adventures.
    @Teresa enjoy your days off. Don't work too hard. Congratulations on the big sale.
    @ajoyjoypril This is a good place to get a lot of motivation and support. Come back often.
    @hansea47 I love that you are including your children in your fun runs.
    @dmb000 Welcome. Thank you for your service. We are here to help you achieve your goals.
    @kah We have a yellow lab. He is about 8 years old and just barely outgrowing the teenage hyper activity. They are very energetic dogs. Our yellow lab is the same color as an Irish Setter. He doesn't get to go for walks because I can't handle him.
    @‌nurseatheart Welcome. You'll get lots of support and good ideas here.

AFM. I did manage to meet my goals today, but it took a lot of walking. I finally put the rest of the sheetcake in the freezer for this weekend. We have some birthdays to celebrate. It was another beautiful day. Around noon dh and I took Anya for a walk, about 4 miles. Then after school I went for another walk with Cathy and Burt, 4.5 miles. I think I will be okay for the 10k on Saturday. The weather forecast is great, too.
    Onward and downward. Kaye. Hope there aren't too many typos because I don't have time to proofread all of this.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, another busy day here on the thread--I just caught up at 10 pm and I really, really need to get to bed at a decent hour, so I will skip personals today (again). :blush: I promise to get caught up with everyone this weekend--it's a 3-day for me! Woohoo!

Tuesday Goals:
    Need to get my calories under control. This week started off badly with party at my sister's Sunday and then all-day meeting yesterday. However, today was much better, so at least I'm making some ground on reducing the overage.

First real day of PT which was fine. He gave me some more exercises to do at home, so I wil add those to my balance work tomorrow. I've been reading so many articles about how important balance is for running, so I'm using that as motivation to work on that.

Grading is starting to build. I plan to get the poem and Godot analyses done tomorrow during the school day. Then I have another meeting after school. Thursday my PT appt isn't until 5:30, so I will get some grading done while I wait. It's in the opposite direction from my house so no use coming home first.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 balance; PT; 1/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/60 JRP journals DONE
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/15 Godot analysis
    4. x/60 Gatsby journals

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day (or dance party :smile: )
    Mon--gym DONE
    Tues--PT DONE
    Wed--meeting maybe gym
    Thurs-- PT
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound‌ can you share some of that balance info please? I have horrible balance just with being my ungraceful self and many years of sports ankle injuries lol. I'm trying to get back to running, so any little tidbit that helps I will take!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people!
    Ok, I'm posting on my iPhone so can't keep track of everyone but here goes.
    Someone mentioned that they are in the middle of negotiations for pay raises for the teachers in their district. I'm a fed worker so I can sympathize, we've gone many years with no pay raise, and the last 2 yrs got only 1% (about $80/mo for me, before taxes). Good luck with your negotiations!
    I've tracked my meals for 16 days In a row now and stayed under my calorie goal every day. In the last 16 days I've lost 5.3 lbs! Not doing so great on my exercise goals but working on it.
    Question (hoping no judgement). Have y'all heard of I-Lipo, a non-surgical laser procedure targeted on fat deposits? I have large "chicken wings" - fat deposits under my arms that make everything I do uncomfortable and all my clothes look terrible - I look like I have 4 breasts and I hate it so much. It's supposed to kick-start fat melting in the targeted area and exercise is encouraged immediately after to increase fat burning in that area. It's expensive but not as much as true lipo and non-invasive. My oncologist cleared me for it. I'm just exploring my options right now but would appreciate some input. Fire away!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @ajoyjoypril‌ - WELCOME! Here's to 1 lb toward the big goal! Baby steps, set small gals and reward yourself when you meet those goals. You can do it!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 - I've never heard of the laser lipo, but it will be interesting to hear how it works for you. Good luck!

Gotta get moving. We got snow last night, so I have to get out and get shoveling this morning before getting the kids to school and me to work. It doesn't look like too much, and my kids like to help now, so that's nice. I do miss the extra calorie burn when they help, though. ;)

Wednesday Wish- That I could go back in time and redo some conversations I've had over the past few months at work. Things are fine, but they could be so much better if I had done a couple things differently. Hind sight. Sigh.

@skinnyjeanzbound - I have a long weekend coming up, too! Thursday is normally my day off, and I was able to snag Friday and Monday to be off while the kids are off from school. So, a 5-day weekend...can I still call that a weekend? It's really almost a week. :)

More time for personals later this week, I hope since I will be off of work and nothing too huge planned. Going to do some spring cleaning....winter cleaning? Whatever. I am going to organize some cupboards and give away/throw away. It's time to purge!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 3/10
    Exercise Goal- 3/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Hope to get back for personals later.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • mckelkel
    mckelkel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm having a fresh start today after being exhausted and not doing anything for the past few days. I have a new deal with my PT too. First of all I've added him on here so he can monitor my food diary (as I keep not keeping it!) Also I agreed to exercise 10 times before my next session. For every one I dont complete I have to do 10 burpees at the start of our next session. So at the moment I will have 100 burpees to do, but am planning on going to the gym again this evening and for a swim so that will take me down to 80.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I had a pretty good day! Sunday will be better though. My husband is taking me out to eat seafood. My absolute fave! @Tanya I completely understand what you're going through. I went through the same thing with my childrens' doctor. Lots of BS and no answers. In December of 2013, right before Christmas, I took my youngest daughter in for her check up. The woman wanted me to get her a flu shot. I said no. She got pissy. Told us we could leave. Comes back as I'm going out the door and says oh I think your baby has hydrocephalus. If you're not sure what that means it's a life threatening condition that causes water to pool inside the brain and IF your child survives all the procedures they will only have about 70% of their normal brain power. Then the (insert expletive) sent us on our way and didn't bother to set up the appointment for nearly a month! Thank God she didn't have hydrocephalus, but if she had she probably would've died because they waited so long. Children's Medical Center of Dallas does not let you make appointments. You must be reffered. The woman she saw wasn't even a doctor she was an NP! She didn't even ask one of the doctors to check her! When I finally got to see the real doctor she was shocked that the NP sent us on a wild goose chase and then blew us off for 3.5 weeks! It took me 2 years to find a competent doctor and she's not a doctor either! She's a pediatric nurse practitioner, but I have NEVER met a more knowledgable person who was also kind and willing to listen to me. It turns out my daughter has an extremely rare genetic disorder that causes developmental delays and she has sensory disorder. That's why she has therapy 4 times a week. She's going to be 2 next month and she is so close to walking on her own I can taste it!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You know how you plan out your evening on your drive home and self-talk about how you will not snack while cooking and you'll hit the treadmill while it's in the oven? We'll I had such a great plan last night only to be derailed when I drove in. My DH had a buddy over and they were clearing snow. I made them a nice dinner and dessert. Oh well - that's what friends & families do. It was a nice evening and I kept within my calories (homemade blueberry cobbler and all). That was the first dessert I've had in weeks.

I am thinking about joining a gym again. The only downfall is that the one that is close to my office is rather run down, but the convenience really out weighs that.

Today my goal is the watch my sodium. I feel like I haven't done very well with that since I cook in a crockpot with seasonings often for my family. My portions have been small but the seasoning is not my friend.

You're all doing great! ~ Keep it skinny!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Texasmom2013~what an ordeal you had to go thru with your daughter, I’m glad you have found a good and knowledgeable NP for her and that she’s making progress.

@renaejae~blueberry cobbler? Yum! It’s all about making the program work for you, even when thrown a curveball that changes your plans. So excellent for pulling something together and staying within your macros! :star:

@goinstd12~I’ve not heard of i-lipo. I’m not sure if the protocol is similar to liposuction, but most doctors want you to lose a significant amount of weight before performing those procedures. The body changes so much during weight loss that having a procedure like that too soon could result in a different outcome later on.

@kapansm~You could be hungry while logging because you haven’t had enough protein or foods that help with satiety (i.e. fiber filling veggies, fruit, whole grains or healthy fats). Also, sometimes when we feel hunger we are actually thirsty.

AFM~Basically sitting on pins and needles to see if I’m getting my car back today, hopefully they’ll call soon to let me know one way or another—although they have me in a 2014 Toyota Avalon with all the bells and whistles right now that I am definitely enjoying driving. LOL Good session with trainer last night, mostly in the squat rack—DOMS could be in my future, although I rarely get sore anymore.

February “ALL-IN” Challenge:

Carbless Mornings: 10/28
    Dairy Free: 8/28 (goal is 14 days)

Exercise Goals this week:

Monday~Walk w friend DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE!
    Wednesday~Walk w friend
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Walk w friend
    Saturday~Rest Day (or trainer)
    Sunday~Trainer (or rest day)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I have a question for you exercise gurus out there. Is it better to do more reps and fewer sets or fewer reps and more sets? I.e. 15 reps and 2 sets or 10 reps and 3 sets.
    Thanks in advance. Kaye
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @New People- welcome
    @tom and texasmom- Happy belated Birthday
    @tanya- I am sorry to hear of your back pain and conditions at work right now. Your story is a good reminder to all home owners why it is important to keep your walk ways shoveled and safe for those walking on them. Feel better soon
    @Kapansm-congrats on the 2 mile walk and being under goal. Everyone is different for tracking posts. I personal have a word doc up and write my responses in there and copy and paste to the forum
    @Grandma Kaye- Good luck on the 10K and great job walking yesterday
    @goinstd-great loss!
    @kah68- Hope you get your car back today. It is nice having the bells and whistles though right

AFM- I am still walking on my lunch break getting better at bringing a lunch or buying SmartOnes. I have a paper, 2 tests and an experiment due this week for classes. It is supposed to get bitter cold again here which means I won’t want to go outside unless I have to. Maybe if I had fuzzy hair like my puppy I would love to be outside like him LOL. They laid off 550 more USA workers at my company today and 100 India workers. I feel bad for those people this economy is not the kind I would want to be looking for work in. I bought my house on a low income program (in a nut shell it is like renting to own for 10yrs or sooner) the program coordinator keeps bugging me to refinance to get a lesser payment but I keep telling him I had to use the money for the closing costs to fix my car so it will take me time to re-save thousands. Yet he still calls me like every month…it is getting to be annoying. I understand why he is doing it the sooner than 10yrs I refinance the more successful it makes him and the program look but I can’t pull money from the sky. I spent the $3,000 on a transmission for my car I just didn’t waste it on things not needed.
    My co-worker’s lack of staying on top of their work load caused one of my projects to take a major setback in production. I am trying not to be mad/bitter but this coworker drops the ball constantly but has never caused this much of problem before. He caused me to lose the one support worker for my project so now we have to find someone else and train them it took the last person over a month to get up to speed. I am wondering if I should tell my boss about the situation but problem is I am a very blunt person and have a hard time softening up when I am mad about something so I am not sure how to approach it.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Today life is throwing rotten tomatoes. What do I do with those?
    Food wise I am still doing well. I am drinking most of my water every day. Today is the first day I skipped the gym in a while.
    My son is still in the hospital. The session with his social worker went well yesterday. We are putting plans in place. He has a court date next week for the DUI on Sunday night that started all of this rolling. We have a appointment for a lawyer on Friday. The retainer is 3G. Yikes. He has an appointment set up to have his alcohol assessment by the court. All of this is taking a toll on me.
    I am getting sick again. Third time this winter.
    Thanks for listening once again.
    I do not have it in me for personals today.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3