Tuna Creations-What do you mix?

Options

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I love the Thai chili flavored tuna mixed with almond butter. It's like a spicy peanut sauce!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I love the Thai chili flavored tuna mixed with almond butter. It's like a spicy peanut sauce!

@tat2cookie
    I never would have thought to try this combo...but OMG I can't wait to try it...How much almond butter do you use?
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

@tat2cookie
    I never would have thought to try this combo...but OMG I can't wait to try it...How much almond butter do you use?

I do about 1/2 tbsp per bag. It's awesome tossed with zucchini noodles too!!
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options

@tat2cookie

Thank I am sooo going to try this. I just had the sweet and spicy with a bit of mayo the other day and loved it. I do not have any almond butter but going to try this with maybe either PB2 or Regular PB. I love zucchini noodles so I will be trying this soon!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Depends what I'm in the mood for. I use the Trade Joe's no-salt albacore and usually add a little mayo or tzatziki and season with a little garlic salt, dill weed and black pepper. Then I add tons of chopped veggies.
  • mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Depends what I'm in the mood for. I use the Trade Joe's no-salt albacore and usually add a little mayo or tzatziki and season with a little garlic salt, dill weed and black pepper. Then I add tons of chopped veggies.

Oh wow this sounds really good thx
  • mirandagod77
    Options

@tat2cookie

Thank I am sooo going to try this. I just had the sweet and spicy with a bit of mayo the other day and loved it. I do not have any almond butter but going to try this with maybe either PB2 or Regular PB. I love zucchini noodles so I will be trying this soon!

Zucchini noodles? ? Never heard of them are they in Canada?
  • mirandagod77
    Options

Mmmm
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    Hello all, I love cooking so normally I cut some onion, capsicum, parsley, salt, peper and garlic; mix everything with 1 egg and a spoon of bread crumbs to make a paste then make patties and put them into the oven @ 170 degrees celsius until they are golden.

Ooh great idea
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    mazfishel wrote: »
    Greek low fat yoghurt, mustard and chives - delicious on baked sweet potato

M mmm thx for sharing
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    Tobasco and Tuna. It's my post workout.

This sounds good
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    isa474 wrote: »
    Tuna in oil 1 small chopped onion can of pigeon peas 1cut up tomatoes and salt a little of olive oil....cultural dish on a bed of rice. Good stuff

This sounds really good and filling
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to eat tuna and siracha chili sauce on toasted whole grain bread :)
  • antkowiak
    Options
    My tuna salad recipe includes:

canned solid white tuna
    nonfat greek yogurt
    lemon or lime juice (or a splash of white vinegar)
    flax seeds
    finely diced onion and/or celery
    dash of salt and pepper
    dash of dried italian seasonings and/or garlic powder
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually mix in Miracle Whip cause I don't like mayo, some relish and either garlic powder or fresh pressed garlic depending on if i have fresh garlic. Put it on top of toasted bread and it is AMAZING!
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    Mmm kinda like a tuna brushetta
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Sriracha! Mmmmm. Also, today mixing lemon pepper starkist tuna with rotel... haven't tried it before, but gonna give it a whirl.

i don't know what sriracha is....how did it turn out?

Sriracha is a spicy red pepper sauce. Usually find it in the Asian section of the market. Very unique flavor and a little goes a long way!

I love tuna on top of salad greens with lemon juice or vinegar, celery, cucumbers and capers. Also sub my homemade yogurt for mayo for a lot less calories.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I love cooking so normally I cut some onion, capsicum, parsley, salt, peper and garlic; mix everything with 1 egg and a spoon of bread crumbs to make a paste then make patties and put them into the oven @ 170 degrees celsius until they are golden.

That sounds amazing! Must try!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Tuna with greek yogurt and guacamole!
    Tuna with salsa!
    Tuna with balsamic vinegar!
    Tuna with lemon *__*
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One of my colleagues told me a quick protein fix for after the gym with tuna, tuna mixed with hot baked beans... sounds a bit debatable but perfectly tasty! I like to add some chilli and fresh raw onions.