Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Options

Replies

• cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finally got in over 10K steps for the first time in a month...I've been a slacker.

J42D - I will log everything I eat at the chef tasting event I'm going to tonight. But I don't want to see that number! :'(
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    2/9 was a huge success I can't believe I was under calorie goal!! Just for today 2/10 I will not have a beer after work and I will go for a walk on my lunch
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    2/9 - Walk on my lunch break, even it it's raining. - Check!
    2/10 - Stay slightly under my daily calorie goal.
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just very barely made my goals today :( I had to do 5 min of jumping jacks to get there. I worked out but did 30 day shred instead of no more trouble zones (still better than nothing) and I just barely stayed with in my offical calories, but way overtook my personal calorie goals. I had to go to an embassy even for work and I succumbed to tasty american food (mainly guac) and wine...eh. Well at least I didn't go over. Tomorrow is a new day
  • donnellegaston313
    Options
    Pretty good day. I was a little high on my calorie intake, but made up for it with 35 minute interval walk/jog. Registering for my first 5K. Can't believe I'm even considering that!
    Tomorrow- go easy on the calories and and at least 30 minutes of exercise.
  • Tiso2
    Tiso2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    2/10: Good day today; met my goals & feel really good. My goal weight is 136 / currently 146lbs. Need to get light for OC 1/2 Marathon. No record breaker here - just for the fun, accomplishment & a medal!
    2/11: Goal to stay on track
    Good luck everyone!
  • loveby30
    Options
    Good morning/Evening!! Good job to everyone who met their goals yesterday :)
    Today's goals are:
    1) exercise (45 min)
    2) stay within allotted calories
    **3) extra credit goal: don't eat back exercise calories**
  • angelred4kids
    angelred4kids Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I didn't make a goal yesterday. How easy it is to get distracted! :\

Wednesdays are a long day out of the house for me so, just for today focus on eating my planned foods only.
    No mini candy from my co-worker's candy bowl.
  • rdvorak
    rdvorak Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I blew my step goal out of the water yesterday! Feels so good

For today, my step goal is 7k. I will stay within my calorie goal, track everything and eat mindful.
  • lindsmayf
    lindsmayf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    lindsmayf wrote: »

Trying to lose weight on the night shift is no joke! I slept most of the day yesterday, which was great for not over-eating... not so great for exercise.

Just for today, Monday:
    -Go to yoga :D (I did this, even though I was NOT feeling it. Proud of myself!)
    -Stay under my calorie goal :D

I missed Tuesday, so...
    Just for today, Wednesday:
    -Go to yoga
    -Make grilled chicken for dinner (I am NOT a good cook, so this will actually be a challenge to see if I can pull it off)
  • mmcp09
    mmcp09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.. I'd like to try and join in. :) I am lacking a sense of community and people with positive attitudes. My relationship is sort of falling apart lately and it's been making me careless in my eating habits, resulting in a gain of 5lbs despite my hard work for the past 2 months.. :'(

Back to the positive..!! I just want to hang around and chat with everyone and share our goals and successes!
    Good luck everyone. :) I hope to make some friends here as we go through our fitness journey!

Just for today, Wednesday:

- go to the gym with my coworker, work the elliptical for 30 mins
    - Resist the dessert tray in the staff kitchen!!!!

• Atrain78
    Options
    I would love to join. I really need Support and motivation. I have no help/ support at home so I'm trying to do this on my own. Hoping to find people that can help with that on here. I would like to lose 30 lbs. I have been doing this for a month now. I am attempting to take in 1200 calories a day. In 1 month I'm down 5 lbs. I keep trying to tell myself that this is good, but can't help feeling like I should be down more. I am getting married next year and trying on wedding dresses is enough to make anyone discouraged.

My goals today are to stick to my eating plan, and to try and get positive about the 5lb weight loss.

If anyone would Like to friend me I would appreciate it!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2/9 - Walk on my lunch break, even it it's raining. - Check!
    2/10 - Stay slightly under my daily calorie goal. - Check! 22 calories under

Just for today

2/11 - Walk to the top of the hill behind my office without pausing for a break. I'm guessing it's about a 10-15% incline. Can't wait till my fitbit comes so I can see how many calories I acutally burn doing that walk.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone...I did not meet my goal yesterday but today is a fresh start. I already got in my cardio so my one and only goal for today is to not have a beer after work this is challenging because my husband and I usually kick back and have beers while we cook. I just got to remember those are empty calories!! Good luck everyone.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1.) yeah... I am posting my just for today goals :) I have been slacking on this lately
    2.) work out on treadmill after work for 50 minutes of cardio
    3.) make sometime for my husband tonight, he is having a really hard week :'(
  • loveby30
    Options
    I made all three of my goals today. Woot Woot. Even better, I felt ill during the day and had that nagging "you don't really *hhhaavvee** to work out" voice in my head, but I rallied and completed my workout in the evening. Hopeful that tomorrow will be just as successful.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have been MIA for over a week, but I am back. I guess that is the good thing right, I keep coming back. This board is both helpful and discouraging at the same time. When I don't meet my goals, I am embarrassed to return and admit my failure. Then I try to set super simple goals so that I won't have to admit defeat. The truth is, I'm struggling. I don't know why this is so difficult for me. I did it before, I keep telling myself that. I lost 60 lbs 9 years ago. Kept it off for most of those 9 years too. Why have I allowed 30 to come back, and why is it sooo difficult to get motivated to get rid of this extra 30? At any rate, here are today's goals:

Just for Today 02/11
    1. Do not disparage over the past. Today is always a fresh start.
    2. Log every morsel I eat
    3. Do 30 minutes of walking or elliptical; whichever works.

I'll spend some time going through the 100's of posts that I have missed in my absence.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Atrain78 wrote: »
    I would love to join. I really need Support and motivation. I have no help/ support at home so I'm trying to do this on my own. Hoping to find people that can help with that on here. I would like to lose 30 lbs. I have been doing this for a month now. I am attempting to take in 1200 calories a day. In 1 month I'm down 5 lbs. I keep trying to tell myself that this is good, but can't help feeling like I should be down more. I am getting married next year and trying on wedding dresses is enough to make anyone discouraged.

My goals today are to stick to my eating plan, and to try and get positive about the 5lb weight loss.

If anyone would Like to friend me I would appreciate it!!

Welcome! Slow and steady wins the race, but I know how you feel. It seems like it should be more. I think that is why I deal with so many set backs.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So... a busy couple of days with travel aboard and client set lunches.
    What I'm pleased about:
    - getting really early nights so I got enough sleep has made it SO much easier to manage my energy and therefore food intake. No cravings!
    - - I've made some great choices - eg not to munch on M& Ms at the airport
    - - I took pre - measured snacks with me (whole almond & raisin) which I could munch on to keep energy up
    - - over the kat 3 days including today I will just about be on track with my net calorie goal
    - - I'm already finding I want to exercise again after only 4 boot camps
    - - combined with target calorie count and 3 bootcamp I lost 5 lbs in my first week on this challenge
    - - amazingly after only a few days I'm finding my stomach is getting used to eating less so I'm not even always hungry when it comes to next meal time

What's not been so good
    - I didn't have to eat the dessert on the client set menu, and I did
    - - AND I chose to have a small wine and a biscuit on the flight home.
    - - those 2 choices took me over my net calorie goal and I'm having to reduce today to compensate.

So... choices have consequences.
    So for Thurs 12th, I will:
    - Do a home workout for at least 25 mins
    - hit my calorie target

Keep going everyone. .. One day at a time.
  • loveby30
    Options
    Great job with your goals everyone!! My goals today:
    1) Stay slightly under my calorie goals
    2) 45 Min workout
    3) Do not eat back exercise calories.

Have a great day!