Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - MFP told me today that I have logged food for 99 days without a miss. My own records show I've logged 167 days without a miss, but there was a time when I'd log all at once instead of meal by meal ... and logged after midnight one day. During that period, I'd write my food in a paper journal as the day went on and then log it all a once. In fact, I've been tracking my food for 6 years now.

No personals today ... got a late start on the day and have much to do.

February challenge ... 11/11 for calories at goal. ALL-in on exercise, doing the PT every day but haven't been to the gym
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I have relied on fast food a lot over the past month. While I'm used to being busy with activities, this daily practice/game for Jacob's basketball has kicked my tush. We've also had to add in doctor appointments. He hurt his hand a week ago during a ballgame...it was so bad that he actually cried in front of his teammates (that's saying a lot for a 13 year old boy). We headed to the walk in clinic and they took an Xray and said he broke the joint in his thumb. They then referred us on to a plastic surgeon since those types of injuries need to be monitored so there aren't issues with mobility in the future. That doctor said it's NOT broken but we do go back again tomorrow. Emma will be done with basketball this weekend and Jacob can't play so hopefully I'll find a new groove.

I'm finding it's harder now that my husband is home to eat well. We used to have chicken and turkey a few times a week but my husband is allergic to all poultry. Now that he's home for supper each night, that changes it to pork and beef. Expensive and higher calories. We need to figure something out.

Fast food leads to over eating for me and this absolutely needs to stop. I'm sick of coming on here and saying this but I just cannot get in the groove. Well, I guess it's back to the old mantra...START AGAIN.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so great! I wish I had more time to reply to everyone but for now I'll just follow along. I've had a good week. Home life was extra busy with both of our high school daughters participating in Winter Carnival week, but I haven't had to cook many big dinners and that helps me immensely! I'm hoping for another 2lb loss this week, but better than that is how much better I feel. You all help motivate me with your great ideas and inspirations! Thanks o:)

I totally agree with this sentiment and practice keeping a calendar also . . .

On another subject, I decided to start noting my calories, miles walked and weight in my calendar every day. I can find this info on MFP and Map My Walk, but I like the visual of seeing it when I open the calendar every morning. I also added a section in my calendar notes with a weekly weigh in number and pounds to go to my next goal. I also noted some of the reasons why I want to lose weight and some important upcoming events that I want to enjoy a bit thinner. I like to review this page whenever the desire to snack hits me.

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @holly--on your home page the total that says "net" underneath should be as close to 1790 as possible. Red or green doesn't really matter. For example, 1791 would be red, but would still be great. On the other hand 850 would be green and would be terrible for your body if it happened consistently.

Karen- thanks so much and I was doing it wrong this whole time. I have been trying to keep my need around 1000 to 1200 calories most of the time. I will try your suggestion and see what happens. ;)
  • kelmomto3
    kelmomto3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @NK1112 Congratulations on logging for 167 days! That is awesome!!

@mnwalkingqueen - I hope that your son will come to an understanding that you are only trying to help him thrive in this world. I only have little ones right now. For the moment, they listen to me. I have heard that "listening" goes out the window when they become teenagers and beyond. So, I can only imagine what you are going through. Sending strength vibes your way!

@Lives2Travel - I agree with you. 980 seems like an unhealthy daily calorie intake. I'm glad you set it back to 1200. I would think that with exercise, you will be able to lose 2lbs a week. But maybe i'm wrong? ITA that being able to "see" a visual representation of how far you've walked, how many calories burned and daily intake of calories is a great motivator! It's one of the reasons I love my Fitbit.

@cblue315 - If you can push yourself to go to the gym, you might start to feel better. I know it's hard to work out when you aren't feeling your best though.

AFM - I weighed myself this morning and lost 4lbs! I got back on track with weight loss mid-last month but it has been kind of a roller coaster with my health, etc. Over the last 2 weeks, I have started to feel better and it shows in the choices i've been making with the foods I eat. I really need to get back to working out on a regular basis though. I feel better when I work out -- less stressed and more at peace overall.

Goal: Work out for 20 minutes at least once a day.

• silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So close weighing today I stood on the scale to see a 2 to no avail. 300.0.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

@kelmomto3 - Woohoo! Way to go!

@‌silver12176 - Hang in there! You'll hit that milestone soon!

AFM, I'm having a better day. Realized this morning that Aunt Flo is on the way, and she always brings her friends Lethargy Lola and Crabby Pants McGee. It's milder this month, which is why I didn't pick up on it right away.

I'm still having to force myself to do things, but I made it to the gym for cardio + strength training this afternoon, and have made some progress on my writing assignments.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! My three lovely days off from work has come to an end and its back to the grind tomorrow. Today, hubby and I accomplished a big project that we had started a few weeks ago. We had bought three big collage frames for our hallway and spent the afternoon taping all the family pics that we love the most into them. They look great and bring back so many wonderful memories. :)

@Skinny, I’m so very sorry to hear about your friend. It’s just heartbreaking news and no words I can offer would do. However, I can and will offer a prayer to the only One I know who can work a much needed miracle. o:)

@hansea, enjoy your time off. You deserve it!! :D

@GOINSTD12, good for your for saying no to all that temptation!! Work is my biggest downfall because there is always some reason to have food brought in that I shouldn’t be eating. This weekend being President’s Day already has me a little stressed. I just have to be strong and say NO!! ;)

@tlh0407, it is hard to get in the groove, but you have the right idea about starting again. It’s when you give up entirely that you really get in trouble. I understand your hubby needing to eat meat every night, but can you substitute for yourself and have a couple of nights where you go vegetarian?. It a great way to cut the calories and up the nutrients! :)

@kelmomto3, congrats on losing 4 lbs!! That is awesome. (*) (*) (*)

Thursday truth: I feel really great! This is my second week of consistant exercise and I’ve been able to up the intensity, which is nice. My weight is slowly moving downward. Tracking calories is becoming a habit and not so much of a chore. I looked at success pics on the forum of peole who had lost 35 to 50 lbs and was really blown away by how great these people looked. I’ve lost 22 lbs since last June and my husband says he can tell and see a difference in the shape of my body. This has motivated me big time. I really want to get another 20 off and then take some pics to really see the difference. Just gotta keep on working hard and I will get there!! B)

February Challenge:
    Not within a 100 calories: 3/28
    Fitbit miles: 30.91/75.0

Motto: Fit for 50!!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    So close weighing today I stood on the scale to see a 2 to no avail. 300.0.

Keep following your plan. It will happen.

• kapansm
    kapansm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's AFM???

Thursday Truth: I had to go to Walmart tonight to pick up a couple prescriptions. I had my scrips & was heading out the door when I decided to stop at the cards & read some Valentines ones. Next isle over was the candy isle. I wondered over into it & before I realized it I had cherry hearts, cinnamon hearts, a bag of snickers, a bag of peanut M&M's & a bag of Hershey kisses in my cart. (Why did I have a cart??? Because subconsciously I knew I wanted to buy something!!!). Now I'm in line, where it's taking what seems like forever when a 4 meat & cheese tombstone pizza lands in my cart. I was all ready to check out, when I said to myself, WHAT AM I DOING???!!! After a few arguments with myself, I put it ALL back, left the store with my scrips, came home & walked 2 miles! I feel amazing! I am proud of myself. Today is day 4, of eating better & drinking more water!

Another busy day @ work tomorrow but some well deserved R&R this wkd! Looking forward to spending time with my BF!!!

Take care all!
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kapansm, good for you!! That is exactly the kind of self-control I want for myself. You realized what you were doing and you stopped it. B)

I have this sign on my desk that says "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now."

You did that!!! :D
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Can I vent? I hate Valentine's Day at work. I love the generosity of spirit most of my co-workers exhibit, I just wish they would find other ways to express that generosity than with sweets and candy. Really- you just have to shove candy, cookie, and cupcakes in my face? Ha, well I will not give in! So there! Get thee hence, evil sugar!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kap--great job putting all of that stuff back!! AFM stands for "As for me..."

@theresa--Sounds like you are doing great!! I know for me, I could see it on the scale and feel it in the way my clothes fit, but I didn't start to really see a difference in my body until I had lost about 30-35 lbs. You are getting really close to that moment where one day, you will catch a glimpse of your reflection in a mirror or a window, and be stunned at the difference. I can still distinctly remember when I had that moment. I had just donated blood and was walking into the starbucks next door to the lifesource. As I approached the door, I saw a woman coming out and started to move out of the way--then I realized it was me!! I looked so much thinner in that accidental glimpse than when I looked in the mirror every day. It's amazing the tricks our mind plays on us. We get so used to a certain body image, that even when our bodies physically change, we still expect to see the "old" image, and that's what we see.

@melissa--glad you are doing better. Great job getting so much done despite not feeling like it.

@silver--don't give up!! You will get there!

@kelmom--way to go losing 4 lbs!!

@holly--Yeah, if you have a day here or there when you drop below 1200 net, that's not a problem, but your body needs a certain amount of food to fuel your metabolism. If your 1 lb/week allowance is 1790, that would mean a 2 lb/week loss would put you at 1290. In my personal opinion, that should be your minimum--and only if you really aren't hungry.

@tracy--sorry things are so crazy right now. My DH and I often eat different foods for our meals. I'm sure it's a bit harder with a family, but could you cook up a batch of chicken once a week, so you have some lower calorie choices some of the nights? Also, do you eat much fish? Many varieties are as low or lower in calories than chicken or turkey. I eat a lot of tilapia and swai--very easy to cook and relatively low cost.

@niki--wow! what a great streak!! Keep going. :smile:

@L2T--well, 980 may be the calories you would need to lose 2 lbs/week b/c your weight is too low to really have that as a goal. I am also surprised that MFP set your calories that low--I also thought it always defaulted at 1200.

@lori--hang in there. Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your family. I know it sounds selfish, but it's the truth.

@goins & all of the rest of you who sent your well-wishes and prayers for my friend--thank you for your kind words and thoughts. It is so very sad and we are all still hoping for some good news and trying to maintain an optimistic outlook. It's just so hard for her b/c of all she's already been through. She really thought the choice to have the double mastectomy would spare her having to go through this again--it's so unfair.

@yasin--I went through the same thing with my husband. He is the primary cook in our household, and no matter what I said, he would still make high-calorie dishes for dinner. That didn't change until I started just saying no, or only eating very small helpings. He would sometimes get his feelings hurt as if I were insulting his cooking, but I would just say, "it doesn't fit my calorie allowance." It took awhile, but he finally got it and started cooking healthier versions of the meals or giving me a day or two's notice if he planned a higher calorie dinner, so I could adjust my meals earlier in the day. Just stick to your calorie allowance, and your fiance will get it eventually.

Thursday Truth:
    Still not getting enough sleep and my food has been pretty crappy, but at least my weight is holding steady.

Today was our Charity Bash assembly at school. Our charity this year is St. Baldricks which raises money for children's cancer research. We had a couple of speakers and listening to them describe their experiences battling cancer was rough--especially given the news about my friend.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 1/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 5/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/60 Gatsby journals

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day (or dance party :smile: )
    Mon--gym DONE
    Tues--PT DONE
    Wed--meeting maybe gym NOT DONE
    Thurs-- PT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kapansm-Great conversation with your yourself and to have the control to put it all back. I often have those same conversations with myself. There are times when I win and others when the sweets win. I have learned not to go shopping when I am hungry or feeling stressed since I go for the junk food first.

Goinstd12- Do you best to ignore the candy and sweets, it will be a challenge but you can do it.

Silver- you will see the 2's before you know it.

Skinny- Prayers for your friend. I learned of a friend's son last night who survived severe injuries to the point that the doctors at Shock Trauma did not hold out hope that he would last through the first night. He got flipped in an ATV. However, he has come through and is now at home using a walker. He had divine intervention and the power of prayer from many sources.

Thursday truth- Because I have felt lousy all week therefore my food choices have not been the best this week. I am feeling more alert tonight but earlier today I was exhausted. Because of this I have been eating more junk food this week. I will get back on track. Tomorrow, I am climbing, which will be great after taking the last three days off. I will do something on Saturday morning just not sure what.

Sunday-Bike DONE
    MOnday- Trainer DONE
    Tuesday- REST- Done
    Wednesday- Rest (did not feel like swimming) DONE
    Thursday- Gym-NOT DONE Rest day
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Gym

I am thrilled that I have a 2 hr delay tomorrow morning due to the extreme cold and wind chills below 0. I am going to enjoy the extra sleep and rest.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Do we make our own goals? I'm just wondering how to reply with it being my first post. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    edited February 2015
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I think I'm a bit behind the 8-ball because a couple of people have already posted their February goals .... here it is, as promised.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

MONTHLY “ALL IN” CHALLENGE for February 2015:

Are you new to ‘Need to Lose 100 LBS - Robin’s Thread’ ??? … know that just by posting you have joined in and can participate as you will. We welcome you.

<3 ‘Rule’ - None of the standards or challenges are mandatory. The ‘challenges’ are with yourself only. You are the only one who keeps track of how you are doing. So please, Do Give an account of your challenge and how you are doing.

Suggestions: copy this post so you have it on your computer or desk top as a reference.

<3<3 Our FEBRUARY ALL-IN Challenge is EXERCISE.
    We already focus on the calorie aspect of weight management. The other component to weight loss is … exercise!

All kinds of exercise is good exercise … anything that keeps you active that you WILL DO is what to pick. Here are the kinds of exercise that got enthusiastic responses from the ‘members’. … Pick your choice as your personal challenge.

1 … weight/strength training with weight machines, free-weights, heavy-lifting.
    2 … body resistance with no weights, with food cans/juice jugs, tension cords/exercise bands
    3 … non weight-added exercise, but a focus on some type of formal active body movement with goals (Walking, Yoga, Pilates, Calisthenics, Biking, Swimming, Physical Therapy, etc.)

Select the exercise you will focus on (suggested above or one of your own ideas), how often you will participate in it, and what your goal with that might be. <3

<3 We also will continue our standard of “watching our calories” and reporting our goal and our achievement of coming within 100 calories of our MFP caloric goal.

(*) A standard from the beginning ... Suggestions for when you post, useful if you don’t know what to ‘say’.

................Goals and Ideas for daily posts (not mandatory)
    Monday - check in (how are you doing? Any successes or struggles this week-end.)
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have a personal goal you want to share with us?)
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? … weight related or not, realistic or not)
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up’ or ‘get off your chest’?)
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?)
    Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished, focus on the positive of the week, NSV (non scale victories).
    Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself … update your personal life.)

<3<3<3<3<3<3

@erin--Welcome! Here's some info about our February challenge. Ultimately, everything is optional--participate as much as you'd like. :) Also, I love your RH profile pic! :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options

@erin--Welcome! Above is some info about our February challenge. Ultimately, everything is optional--participate as much as you'd like. :) Also, I love your RH profile pic! :smile:

Sorry, I screwed up the quote. :blush:
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - I just finished logging for today and realized that I ate at Braum's (local fast food chain) for EVERY MEAL today. EVERY MEAL. What the crap?!? That's poor planning is what that is. Ugh.
  • yasin12
    Options

@yasin12‌ - The boyfriend will get it, hopefully sooner than later. My husband does the same thing. I make him take the food down to the family room then the containers out to the garbage. I tell him "I do not want to smell it, taste it or look at it. Get it out." Be consistent and he will learn you are serious about your food plan.

[/quote]

Thank you! I know he will. It takes time, and I know he means well- we both come from families who show love, in part, by feeding you.
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Alright I am confused. I was in changing my macros and hit the to lose 2 lbs per week which is the same as it was, but when I got out my daily cal intake decreased. Does anyone know why?