Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    nigerski68 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

I've been with my husband 25 years, we have a 23 yr old son and my husband loves me dearly. Most times he's wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He insists that he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me and how I look doesn't matter, blah blah blah. In 25 years he's never seen me naked. Not one time. Even with having a child and nursing me through cervical cancer three years ago. He'd be ecstatic to shower together or get to leave the lights on but I refuse. I hate my body so much and I KNOW he would be absolutely disgusted with me and never admit it.

Not judging, but how in the world do you go 25 years and him never see you naked? I am wondering how you even got him interested enough to marry you in the first place. I can't even imagine being that self conscious and I was 265 lbs at one point, still slept naked much of the time.

Everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses. Perhaps he fell in love with WHO SHE IS and not WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE. Maybe that's how she got him interested enough in her to get her to marry him! Certainly not judging your comment in the least :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Virkati wrote: »
    I just ate two Paczki's. One right after the other. They were SO good. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm rescheduling it for two weeks from now just so that I have time to work them off. I suck at my life.

I bought 18 and managed to give 17 away. Now I wish I had kept a second one for myself :(

See this is why I don't buy Paczki's! I'm from Northeast Ohio which has a HUGE Polish community so they are evverryyyywhere. Last year I bought 6 thinking "oh I'll have one and it'll be sweet and I'll bring some over to my friends house"...queue me stuffing my face with 3 in the span of an hour.

Confession: Reading through this entire thread has reminded me of all the secret eating I used to do growing up...from a eating half of a can of frosting, hot chocolate powder (yum), demolishing a loaf of bread, sneak eating ice cream, waiting until people left the room before taking a second piece of cake and hiding candy wrappers in the car. It's a serious effort to avoid buying all of those things...I tell myself I could just have one serving but I know it wouldn't last 2 days. Thank God I'm allergic to Oreos.

Also...kinda weird on the Lent thing. I'm Greek Orthodox and my lent doesn't start until Monday but I didn't realize it was a no-no subject here.
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    As tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, here's a thematic confession. I live in the Chicago area, and it's very traditional to celebrate with paczki, a Polish treat similar to a donut. Something like 500 calories of delicious fried dough, maybe filled with sweet cheese, or custard, or jam, or chocolate... then covered in sugar. Mmmm. In the past, I've been known to eat 4-5 of these bad boys on Fat Tuesday.

I'm considering only eating paczki tomorrow, so I can stay under my calories. For, you know, tradition.

I'm planning to experiment and try to make my own tomorrow. I don't live there anymore, so my only option is the crappy mass produced ones they sell at the grocery store here, anyway. Definitely not worth the splurge. If I still lived near a real Polish bakery, I might take the hit, even if it means 3 days sick.

Oh God - I got hooked on paczki's when I lived in Michigan Some years ago. I could never figure out how to pronounce them, so I just called them "Paunchies", since that's what you look like after eating them. Jelly donuts on steroids, yum!!

I've since moved to North Carolina but a dear friend ships a box to me every February. I simultaneously dread the thought of all those calories and fret over the possibility that he's finally going to give up sending them. So far going strong for 8 years!

Let's see, confession- I found some paczki's at a local grocery store last year but didn't tell my friend because they're no where near as good as the real things. I ate some anyway.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Confession: I still don't understand what paczki's are, but I am intrigued by all the commentary on them. It sounds like something I should never definitely eat...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sounds like a deep fried jelly donut. im so game.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 of these things called MoMos, it's a cinnamon sugar pastry (basically a cinnamon roll without the glaze). I can't figure out how many calories it's worth, so I just went the lowest number to make myself feel better.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I still don't understand what paczki's are, but I am intrigued by all the commentary on them. It sounds like something I should never definitely eat...

It's like a jelly donut on steroids, fried in lard. If you do ever give in and get one, go to a real Polish bakery, don't settle for the grocery store knock offs.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

It's like a jelly donut on steroids, fried in lard. If you do ever give in and get one, go to a real Polish bakery, don't settle for the grocery store knock offs.

Straight talk right here^^^^^
    If it ain't a real one, it ain't worth the calories! The real ones though...oh yeah baby :smiley:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I ate my very first smore Sunday afternoon by the fire we made in the house. It was not the first fire, but it really was my very first smore in my 46 years a live!

Never been camping... can't you tell?

I did log it.... Om Nom Nom... :):)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

I've been with my husband 25 years, we have a 23 yr old son and my husband loves me dearly. Most times he's wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He insists that he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me and how I look doesn't matter, blah blah blah. In 25 years he's never seen me naked. Not one time. Even with having a child and nursing me through cervical cancer three years ago. He'd be ecstatic to shower together or get to leave the lights on but I refuse. I hate my body so much and I KNOW he would be absolutely disgusted with me and never admit it.

This is incredibly sad.

Not saying that in a judging way, but wow. That's got to be an awful way to live, for both of you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had 8 crepes today (117 calories each... without toppings). Main issue is not just the crepes, but that so many carbs put me in the carb-induced 'eat all the foods' state, which ended with me eating 870 extra calories at dinner, because I was just not satisfied (plus I had tea after, which made me craving more. Mistake).
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm making a sad, not paczki cake, because the recipe I used to experiment with apparently sucks, and bore absolutely no resemblance to the consistency I'd need to make them. Didn't want to waste it, so it's in the oven baking, and I'll see if it's worth eating when it's done :'(
  • Poodles56
    Options
    I ate a few tortilla chips with smidgens of bean dip and humus, one tbs of cherry cobbler, a bite of sweet bread with spinach dip, a Wasa bread calculated it all comes to about 400 calories, and I still hungry, go figure :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My biggest confession re exercise - my one, huge, massive stuimbling block to exercise is my husband. He isn't sabotaging me, he's totally supportive but he's not keen on doing exercise himself, and we're so ridiculously co-dependant that I'd rather just be with him than be out doing any exercise. We're like teenagers, and if I wasn't one of us, we'd make me want to puke. So yeah. I skip exercise so I can mush out with my beau.

ETA: and for the first time, I may want to change my body for the better heath-wise, but I actually like myself, because he loves my body and loved it 23kg ago, and he's the best person I know, so who am I to tell him he's wrong? He must be right, so I've learned to believe him :)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Well, he sure does have a treat in store when you reach whatever weight you feel comfortable with, doesn't he?!!!!!

55835802.png

• Shellys_Start
    Shellys_Start Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »

Well, he sure does have a treat in store when you reach whatever weight you feel comfortable with, doesn't he?!!!!!

55835802.png

I certainly hope so!!
  • Shellys_Start
    Options

This is incredibly sad.

Not saying that in a judging way, but wow. That's got to be an awful way to live, for both of you.

You're right, it is. It's something I hope to work on. I know it doesn't make sense and I know he loves me. My brain knows it. But that fat girl that was always teased and always hating her body says otherwise.
  • Shellys_Start
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »

Not judging, but how in the world do you go 25 years and him never see you naked? I am wondering how you even got him interested enough to marry you in the first place. I can't even imagine being that self conscious and I was 265 lbs at one point, still slept naked much of the time.

Everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses. Perhaps he fell in love with WHO SHE IS and not WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE. Maybe that's how she got him interested enough in her to get her to marry him! Certainly not judging your comment in the least :)

Thank You!! I was actually at my lowest adult weight when we met. I hadn't weighed that since about 7th grade. He never saw me naked then, either and at the time I looked pretty danged good! My mother used to joke that I'd never have kids because I wouldn't let someone see me naked. Well, the joke's on her! :smiley:
  • Shellys_Start
    Options

You're lucky and I'm glad you aren't. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I can't let different foods touch each other on the plate.

Last night I had a piece of chicken, some mashed potato, peas, and carrots. I had to very very carefully spoon the peas onto the plate so that they didn't roll away and get into the potato or go under the chicken, and if that had happened, I would have carefully picked them out. I then eat each type of food one at a time in a certain order: vegetables first (carrots first, then peas), then the potato, then the meat. Meat is always last.

I do not know what this says about me.