Replies

• Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick drive by tonight as it is getting late.

Hope everyone is well and welcome to the new people.

Wish-that the kids at school would settle down and get back into the routine. They were extremely talkative today and would not listen.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--my students were also squirrely today, but it was in hopeful anticipation of an emergency day tomorrow. Well, they got their wish--we are off due to extreme cold.

@lori--congrats on being another size down! Weight lifting did the same thing for me--I didn't drop on the scale, but dropped in clothing size. Now, with not being able to do any lifting, I fear I've gone in the other direction even though the scale hasn't gone up. Can't wait for this darned shoulder to heal completely.

@kelley--glad you got the car back.

I had a lot more personals in my brain, but I'm so tired, I'm going to limit myself to some group shout-outs:

@newlings-welcome one and all! I look forward to getting to know you all.

@those talking about Lent--I'm not religious, but grew up in a very Catholic neighborhood in Chicago, so as a kid I always joined in. I don't really do it anymore, and right now I'm struggling to just stick with my normal goals. I don't think adding another one is the right move for me.

@those with in the cold, snowy climates--We are in the same boat. Expecting record lows with -30F windchills tomorrow, so yet another emergency closing at school. I'm actually happy about it b/c we had a bargaining meeting scheduled for after school, but we are now moving it to 10 am. Last night's meeting went until almost 9 pm (after a full day at work), so I'm excited not to have to do that a second day this week. Someone remind me I said all of this if I'm complaining in June. ;)

AFM--I was so exhausted from the late meeting last night that I was dreading going to the gym. Then a colleague asked if I wanted to meet out for drinks after school, so I let her twist my arm. At least I will have time to go to the gym tomorrow now.

Got through quite a bit of grading today--only 6 journals left at school for Friday. I brought home all of the rest of my grading, so my plan is to go to my meeting, then the gym, then grading at starbucks. If I happen to wake up early, I might hit the gym first, but that's highly unlikely.

Wednesday Wish:
    That spring gets here soon!

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: 2/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 58/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/60 Gatsby journals
    4. x/16 BNW analysis activities

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... good results on Ellen's cataract surgery this week.
  • RunningSomeDays
    Options
    Hey hi! I'm new to the community but I've really liked reading over this thread! My Wednesday Wish is that I can have the focus I need to be in control on Thursday. Have to take it one day at a time sometimes. But I'm excited about the motivation that this forum has already given me!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Niki said! Good luck Ellen.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth!
    @RunningSomedays - Welcome, motivation is a plenty here, drink up!
    @Skinnyjeansbound - Whoot on the cold day, I hope you meet all those goals.
    @Ellen - There is so much to say, hope all goes as best as can be.

AFM - Sinuses are still not the best, I will call the Dr. today to see if I "qualify" for an antibiotic yet.
    I am still struggling with food. I know it is the stress. It is so very cold here and I have customer appointments for the next three days. Lots of in and out of the car, eating on the road. I wish resolve came in a can, I would buy it at any price.
    Hubby and I are still not talking about anything important. Every time I have tried to bring up how I feel he shuts me down. I do not want to fight with him but sooner or later we will have to get all of this out in the open.
    Oldest son's reality is starting to sink in. He has two more weeks until his driver's license is revoked. He works 20 miles away and his shift is from 4:30 PM to 1:30 AM. We will have to figure out a way to get him there and back until he can get an occupational license.
    I have the paperwork at work down to a stack about 6 inches high. Smallest it has been in quite a while. This weekend I plan on starting personal taxes, yikes that is scary!
    Now I am off to the gym for a session with the trainer.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
    On the road to living life gratified.
  • nanapot2120
    Options
    Hello all, New to this so not sure if I can just join this conversation! My name is Anna I'm on the 12st mark 5:5" I had a baby this time last year and put on two stone which I cannot shake, over the pregnancy I picked up a lot of bad eating habbits which have stayed with me, I live in Ireland and it's always crappy weather here so I find it hard to get out with the baby.
    My confession is that I have noticed I get extra lazy when my by is home for the weekend and tend to eat more crap when he is around.hopefully I can find a way to keep my goals during the weekend with support
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Ellen- Best wishes on your surgery
    @Karen- definitely no complaining in June. Just the temp today is -12 here in MN.
    @Cblue- Try and stay positive about talking to your hubby. Reality is going to sink in with your son yet I caution you to not bend over backwards to much being it was his own personal choice to get him in this situation. I struggle with that also as a mom of a recent adult. (((hugs)))
    @People sick- hope you feel better soon

AFM- Thursday’s truth I am tired of the boring life I have but being I made so many changes to my friends I don’t really have a choice. It was never exciting anyways with them just a lot of drama. I am busy with school work that I just personally don’t want to make the effort to find new people to hang out with. I played Lego Avengers on PS4 with my son last night it was fun. Does anyone if you can go from a salon hair coloring to a box coloring? My hair is dark brown with some highlights but I can no longer afford the $150.00 + tip multiple times a year to keep going to the salon was thinking of buying a boxed Auburn color instead which is one shade darker. Last couple of days I have drank 8-12 glasses of water a day which is something I wasn’t really doing on a regular. Anyone used planet fitness before I may go check it out it is cheaper in price just not real convenient for me so I am still on the fence about it.
    In following the 2015 motto of loving my self. I have a very kind heart (something positive to think about for myself)

Have a good day.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    (*) (*) (*)
    Welcome to the new posters to "Need to Lose 100 lbs - Robins Thread" ... that's 5 stone for those who read it that way. Many of us are well below that mark but were there at one time and this thread helped support them through their efforts to trim up. Many others of us are still trying to get out of the 20stone mark, and a few are working their way out of more. We welcome anyone who needs motivation and support along their journey to better health through weight management. <3

One way we support ourselves is through our chats on here because we've gotten to know one another and feel like friends to each other. We engage in monthly 'self' challenges that we share and have been following pretty much the same format for over 4 years now ... hence the pages being so plentiful! o:)

We will soon be thinking about our common challenge for March ... but this months was a focus on exercise. On a continual basis, we focus on our calories and our goal is to stay within 100 of our MyFittnessPal calories.
    (*) (*) (*) (*)
    TIP ... to find your way back, bookmark the thread from the "motivation and support' category by clicking on the star (*) that follows the thread name there. Should you need more help, please ask for it. B)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up’ or ‘get off your chest’?)
    AFM (as for me) ... I ruined my calories at goal streak yesterday because I ate too many meals over the 24 hour period. My sleep patterns are erratic and when I'm awake I find I need to eat something every 5 hours or so ... but yesterday I found I needed to eat every 4 hours ... like an infant ... and ended up 845 calories over my limit of 1670 for the 24-hour period.

Follow-through (2015 motto) is not going so well either as I still have not completed even one large household task I set for myself at the beginning of the year. It's making me start to be negatively critical of myself.

Follow-through
    Niki
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Ellen- Best wishes on your surgery
    Anyone used planet fitness before I may go check it out it is cheaper in price just not real convenient for me so I am still on the fence about it.

There are a lot of Planet Fitness locations here, several co-workers belong there and really like it (you ask me I think a couple of them like it because they offer free tanning :wtf:). I checked it out—they have a ton of equipment--but the location was too inconvenient for me, I've found that if it isn't convenient I won’t go. I belong to Lifetime Fitness which is 3-miles from my house, I really have no excuse! It’s expensive, but I've found their amenities, hours and close proximity to my house outweigh the expense. If Planet Fitness is inconvenient for you, look into Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness—if there are any in MN, their prices are comparable with PF.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I was irritated because I started a reply with a bunch of personals...was almost finished...and my laptop decided that right at that moment would be the perfect time to perform an update! And it didn't even ask or warn me first. How rude. :pensive: I had to get the kids to school, so I walked away from the computer, dropped them off and hit the gym. Now I feel better. :)

@NK1112 - Time to get out of the negative self-talk! Find one small thing you can succeed at today and celebrate it! :)

@mnwalkingqueen - Way to hit your water goal! And, I would much rather have a boring life than have to deal with other people's drama.

@nanapot2120 - Welcome to the thread! Do you have any indoor tracks near you where you could take the baby in a stroller? I took my babies in a stroller to the mall sometimes when the weather was icky and just walked and walked. I should've done that more...then I wouldn't still be trying to get rid of this baby weight when my baby is 6 years old!

@cblue315 - "I wish resolve came in a can, I would buy it at any price."<--Truth!

@RunningSomeDays - Welcome!

@Robinsegg (Ellen) - I hope your cataract surgery is a success!

@skinnyjeanzbound - Hope you get to all of your to-do's today!

@Lauriek70 - Cabin fever is starting to bug me, too. We all need some nicer weather and a return to routine! Hope your students get settled soon.

@RillaVanilla - Fit and Fabulous by 40 is an excellent goal. It's mine, too...though, I have until 2020 to achieve it. :)

@melifornia - We had gotten my daughter an AG knock-off from Target. Though she loves and appreciates the knock-off, she knew it was not the real deal and was still pining for an AG doll. That is the only thing she asked for for Christmas this year, she was that set on it. She is quite the mommy to all of her babies.
    I love that your niece thinks her doll looks just like her when they are so different. Cute! :)

@tlh0407 - Good plan having your daughter save to pay for her doll herself. Maybe by the time she saves up enough money, she'll be interested in something else, anyway. I hope your cake bows turn out fabulous!

@kah68 - What are the odds that your chocolate church group is meeting after sunset on Saturday?...then it would technically be the Sabbath and you could feast guilt free!

@colleen40 - Self control is the name of the game for most of us. You can do this!

AFM- It's my day off from work...so, I hit the gym this morning, have several loads of laundry to do, baking cookies for tomorrow night's fish fry at church, need to get to the grocery store, my husband has pants that must be mended today, son has karate class tonight and my husband and I need to weigh in at the shoe store this evening. It's going to be a full day!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 8/18
    Exercise Goal- 6/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• mountmary84
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@tlh0407 Good luck getting those bows made. I wish I could do anything like that.

@cblue WOW! Smaller jeans! How terrific. My goal was to get into some that are already in the closet (Shopping @grammywhammy style) but lately that doesn’t seem to be happening. Sure hope you get rid of that sinus infection and some of the stress soon. Stay warm today.

@LaurieK and @skinney I don’t think it is just the kids in school not being able to focus. I think everyone is getting a little stir crazy this winter. I know this granny sure is. I would just like to go outside and have a nice walk, but that is not for today. As several people have mentioned walking outside is so much more enjoyable than treadmill or indoor exercise.

Welcome to all the new people. Do come often and let us get to know you and good luck with your journey.

Thursday truth: I am struggling again. For the past six weeks I seem to have a couple good days and then “celebrate” or get lost and over do the calories. My weight is just sort of hanging in the same spot. I begin every day with the best of intentions; I just need to “follow through” and “finish this baby”.

Yes, we are eating lots of mushrooms. Yesterday it was cooked with some herbs and lots of garlic over polenta for lunch, night before added to steamed green beans. That is probably the first 2# gone. They are Portobello so nice and big. Maybe roasted in sandwiches for lunch today….Amanda asked the other day.

February Challenge:
    Calories under goal:11/18
    Core fitness: 3/18

Word for 2015 “TENACITY”

Thanks every one of you for being here.
    Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • kelmomto3
    kelmomto3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@hansea47 - Gotta love technology! It sounds like you have a busy day ahead!

@mountmary84 - The little steps we take everyday matters most. You've got this! I know you can do it! :smile:

@mnwalkingqueen - Do you have a Sally Beauty supply by you? If so, you can get some salon color there. The gals who work there should be able to help you. Tell them that you would like to DIY your color. I always found the Wella brand to be good quality. When I can't afford to go to the salon, this is usually the route I go.

@nanapot2120 - Welcome! I also struggle with eating socially. When i'm by myself, I do best. When i'm with others, I falter. Usually because i'm having good conversation and am not mindful when i'm eating.

@cblue315 - I'm sorry to hear that your hubby is not being receptive to having a conversation about what is going on in your relationship. I hope he starts to open up soon.

Thursday Truth: I stick to healthy eating without problems during the week, but falter on the weekends. It's something I definitely need to work on.

AFM, I've been doing really well this week sticking to my menu and getting some exercise in. I haven't been recording the exercise on MFP because I really don't want to "eat" those calories. Eventually, I know that i'll have to eat them but for now, I just want to forget about them. I'm exercising to increase my health anyway.

During one of my weight loss attempts a few years ago, I exercised solely on the premise that I could eat more calories. I don't want to do that this time.

I had another scale victory! I am down another 1.4 pounds!

My motto - Keeping Moving Forward.
  • mountmary84
    Options
    @Kelmomto3 Nice loss!. Sounds like you are doing great.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @hansea47‌~You're right, LOL. Yep, we aren't meeting until about 6:30--after sunset. :wink:

@kelmomto3‌~Great loss, keep it up!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    kelmomto3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

@hansea47 - Gotta love technology! It sounds like you have a busy day ahead!

@mountmary84 - The little steps we take everyday matters most. You've got this! I know you can do it! :smile:

@mnwalkingqueen - Do you have a Sally Beauty supply by you? If so, you can get some salon color there. The gals who work there should be able to help you. Tell them that you would like to DIY your color. I always found the Wella brand to be good quality. When I can't afford to go to the salon, this is usually the route I go.

Thanks for the Sally option. I do have one and my old hair stylist that moved almost to Canadian border used the Wella brand in my hair. She had a in home salon in her basement which was pretty cool and she is a good friend of mine. I will check Sally out this weekend.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I had my first major cake disaster and I’m paying for it. I tried a zebra strip (which I’ve done with chocolate and vanilla before) with vanilla, pink tinted vanilla and devil’s food cake. Looked great when it came out of the oven but when I started frosting it, it crumbled before my very eyes and I had to bake the cakes again. This time I used all vanilla and tinted half of it black and just left it black and white. Now the customer is 4 hours from picking up the cake and it hasn’t been frosted. Luckily my job is flexible and I can decorate now and do my “job” later. But I was up until 2:00 last night and my head is pounding! Apparently I can’t get by on 4 hours of sleep today. On the plus side, the bows turned out cute and the rest of the decorating won’t take long so I can totally get it all done by 4:30.

@Kelley…on our way to church last night, I explained the 40 vs 46 days of lent. He thought I was super smart for knowing that. HA!
    @Melfornia…Laurel sounds like a wonderful little girl!
    @Lori…hoping that you can work things out for your son and that you and your husband can just talk it out. It has to be a first step and I hope he will be willing to take that with you soon.
    @Holly…I think Planet Fitness is a wonderful place for those that don’t need any bells or whistles. I needed a place that had a daycare so I could never go there. If you don’t want a bunch of classes or care too much about free weights, I believe it is a place for you. The price tag is nice. Regarding the hair, I’m with you. These grey hairss keep popping up but I just can’t spend $80 every 8 weeks to keep them away. I always thought I wouldn’t have a problem with it but they seem to be bothering me more than I thought. I leave them for now because people tell me it’s not as noticeable to them as it is to me. I just wish if they were going to happen that it would be a bit more all over instead of just in 3 spots.

Not sure what is on the agenda for me today. My son’s team has games this evening but I don’t really want to go since he’s not playing, but it’s across town so I don’t really want to waste gas going back and forth. I normally don’t mind watching games but it’s actually painful to watch such a poor team. I’d like to go to the gym but if I don’t catch a nap today, I don’t think it’ll be do-able. We’ll see. Everyone have a great Thursday!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth #1: I love reading of all of your successes, struggles and insights. You keep me going!
    #2:I am really struggling with very old habits. I went over my calorie goal yesterday and there was really no reason. I just got caught up in mindless nibbling. I am realizing that this last 15# is going to be a struggle and I really need to recommit to this full throttle! I can't give up this close to my goal.
    On the positive side, I am making my exercise goals, including the resistance bands that I added this month.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • IslandSneezerooo
    IslandSneezerooo Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I'm gonna just stick with my own progress thread, I thought I could just jump in on page 673, but not so much. LOL Thanks for welcoming me, and ya'll have a great day!