Online Dating

Options

Replies

• iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    From reading this thread I see a lot of decent, good-natured, attractive folks. Whoever ends up with you guys are all very lucky people. Know that, know that you are a good person! Don't give up that, don't give up on yourself. Try online dating but also try looking harder IRL too. Do things out of your comfort zone. See that good-looking guy at the grocery store? Go up and ask him where a certain product is. Who knows, he could be married, or he could be a great match for you! You never know until you try! Best of luck everybody. <3
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    From reading this thread I see a lot of decent, good-natured, attractive folks. Whoever ends up with you guys are all very lucky people. Know that, know that you are a good person! Don't give up that, don't give up on yourself. Try online dating but also try looking harder IRL too. Do things out of your comfort zone. See that good-looking guy at the grocery store? Go up and ask him where a certain product is. Who knows, he could be married, or he could be a great match for you! You never know until you try! Best of luck everybody. <3

I think the whole 'try harder' is where it goes wrong. The more you try the more losers you seem to find.

I've found when I stop looking is when it usually comes along. (as frustrating in itself as that can be)

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    LuvPosh wrote: »

I think the whole 'try harder' is where it goes wrong. The more you try the more losers you seem to find.

I've found when I stop looking is when it usually comes along. (as frustrating in itself as that can be)

A lot of truth in this I think! I met all my serious relationships when not only was I not looking, the last thing I wanted was to meet someone. When I met my ex-husband, I was in a major slump, never did my hair, wearing baggy dirty tshirts...like for real...I dont know what he saw in me LOL

My next bf, met him online but not for dating..I met him by chance, thought he was full of it and hilarious, so I just kept talking to him because I was amused (turns out he wasnt full of it...all the incredible things he was telling me about his life, were acutally true lol)

My last bf...a friend had to bribe me to take him somewhere cause he needed a ride. I so didnt want to go and was pretty annoyed cause I'd had a long day. I went to the bar to get a drink, and ran into my next bf of 5 years.

Yeah, I think I need to stop trying. Maybe do all at once...wear baggy dirty tshirts, talk to wierdos online and get a drink at a bar when Im tired and in a bad mood. And then..maybe then I will meet the man of my dreams LMFAO
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »

A lot of truth in this I think! I met all my serious relationships when not only was I not looking, the last thing I wanted was to meet someone. When I met my ex-husband, I was in a major slump, never did my hair, wearing baggy dirty tshirts...like for real...I dont know what he saw in me LOL

My next bf, met him online but not for dating..I met him by chance, thought he was full of it and hilarious, so I just kept talking to him because I was amused (turns out he wasnt full of it...all the incredible things he was telling me about his life, were acutally true lol)

My last bf...a friend had to bribe me to take him somewhere cause he needed a ride. I so didnt want to go and was pretty annoyed cause I'd had a long day. I went to the bar to get a drink, and ran into my next bf of 5 years.

Yeah, I think I need to stop trying. Maybe do all at once...wear baggy dirty tshirts, talk to wierdos online and get a drink at a bar when Im tired and in a bad mood. And then..maybe then I will meet the man of my dreams LMFAO

If they can't handle you at your worst, they don't deserve you at your best :smiley:

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I just got a message from a guy telling me he squatted 1400 lbs. once. I said "pics or it didn't happen."

I didn't know squatting can attract girls :o
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.

I'm a single mom with an office job. The only possible places I could meet a guy were at the gym (I'm not there to chit-chat) or at the grocery store. Online was an easy way to talk to guys when I had spare time right before bed.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I'm a single mom with an office job. The only possible places I could meet a guy were at the gym (I'm not there to chit-chat) or at the grocery store. Online was an easy way to talk to guys when I had spare time right before bed.

What she says
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options

1) Everyone that I work with is a woman (I'm into guys) or married.
    2) I've been out of college for nearly 10 years... not that much of a cougar.
    3) I don't do bars...don't go to the gym (wouldn't want to meet anyone there anyway)... online dating just works better for me.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, I don't trust it, and the rare times I start talking to someone online I don't believe he really exists or is what he says he is until I meet him in person and get to know him.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options

1.) My workplace is mostly women. I work with 2 guys, both are married and too old for me.
    2.) I do online college so that's out.

There are a lot of bars in my area but I don't really go out and drink and most guys at bars are kind of skeezy and are just looking for a hookup. I have had guys try to hit on me at the gym but c'mon if I am in the middle of a workout I don't want to stop so you can use some cheesy pick up line. Honestly, I like that with online dating you can talk first and feel the person out a bit before going out. You dodge a lot of awkwardness that way.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

If they can't handle you at your worst, they don't deserve you at your best :smiley:

SOO true!!!
    You were worrying about dating while you were pregnant???????Srsly?

Hey don't judge...besides, she did say she was a surrogate! I dont even have that excuse...lol I met my ex husband when I was pregnant (I didnt mention that, but hence my slump and horrible disposition lol)

Just cause someones life situation is xyz and not abc or anything inbetween, doesnt mean they are deemed unlovable or unworthy of having someone by their side. Life happens!!

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options

Interesting post Chris, I tried my online dating when I was fat (still am), and that'll be something that manifests in a little different appearance and a lifestyle change... Personally, I can totally understand why someone in either condition could use a little entertainment and engagement with society.

I'm beginning to wonder if the core issue here is that we all do not share a common definition of "dating", and that this gray-area is exacerbated by the total number of contacts (and misunderstandings) available online. >?
  • wnlbutterfly
    wnlbutterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dating online has similar risks if you meet someone in a bar and gave him your number. Personally I don't do the bar scene.

I have had odd situations but thankfully nothing over the top. You have to keep safety in mind is the bottom line.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Interesting post Chris, I tried my online dating when I was fat (still am), and that'll be something that manifests in a little different appearance and a lifestyle change... Personally, I can totally understand why someone in either condition could use a little entertainment and engagement with society.

I'm beginning to wonder if the core issue here is that we all do not share a common definition of "dating", and that this gray-area is exacerbated by the total number of contacts (and misunderstandings) available online. >?

I think that's why most dating sites have options for what you are looking for. Everything from casual sex to serious relationship. Although that requires a bit of honesty about a person's intentions. I checked to see what guys selected before replying.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's more time-efficient than chatting up random ladies only to discover they're taken, seriously incompatible, or not interested. My profile announced, "I'm a single dad!" presumably, anyone who messaged me was at least open to the idea of dating a single parent. ;)
  • apesie2015
    apesie2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've a few, but I met a bloke that I had been chatting to for a while, he looked lush, decided to meet, it was a different person, he had used someone else's photo, so I felt cheated, I decided to get my niece to ring me to say I was needed home, he could have been anyone, to lie just made me take a dislike! But not all have been like that, I've had some great dates from online and got lots of friends from this approach, so I give online dating a big
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It's more time-efficient than chatting up random ladies only to discover they're taken, seriously incompatible, or not interested. My profile announced, "I'm a single dad!" presumably, anyone who messaged me was at least open to the idea of dating a single parent. ;)

Unfortunately, I found that announcing "I'm a single mom" also attracts a few creepers. I met a guy for coffee and we really hit it off. I was going to see him again. I came to my senses the following day and searched his name...bingo! registered sex offender.
    His offense was related to children:/
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    I came to my senses the following day and searched his name...bingo! registered sex offender. His offense was related to children:
    Yikes! Praise Megan's Law. Sometimes I am glad I am no longer dating. :p

• LongTallSally76
    LongTallSally76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

[/quote]

That is so dissappointing. I've pumped up online dating for my sister for soooooo long. She is already very critical of men. If she cant find a decent guy online is there any hope?

[/quote]

I met my husband online more than 4 years ago. In April we will have been married 2 years. Admittedly, I met a lot of frogs before I met him. So many liars online but I don't know how else people can widen their circles these days. Just got to see it as a bit of fun and never feel rude about leaving early.