Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    [quote=
    Hello all, New to this so not sure if I can just join this conversation! My name is Anna I'm on the 12st mark 5:5" I had a baby this time last year and put on two stone which I cannot shake, over the pregnancy I picked up a lot of bad eating habbits which have stayed with me, I live in Ireland and it's always crappy weather here so I find it hard to get out with the baby.
    My confession is that I have noticed I get extra lazy when my by is home for the weekend and tend to eat more crap when he is around.hopefully I can find a way to keep my goals during the weekend with support

@nanapot2120‌ - Welcome - newbies always welcome and you'll find lots of support & encouragement here! Try keeping high protein and high fiber snacks in the house & slowly weed out the junk. Protein & fiber (think apples, strawberries, kale chips and cooked lowfat meats such as rotisserie chicken or black beans) will fill you faster and keep you satisfied longer than sweets. Don't ignore good fats either- try celery and guacamole dip ( in moderation) - the good fiber and healthy fats in avocado will satisfy longer than other snacks. Vary the texture of your foods also - sometimes you just want something crunchy. And no matter what you eat, track it ALL on MFP - it will help you more than you can believe right now! Again, WELCOME!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Anybody know how I can find just MY posts? I'm trying to find the goals I set out at the beginning of the month so I can update my progress!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @goins--you used to be able to get to them from the profile page, but it looks like that option is gone. :confounded:

@kaye--I feel the same way--I know I really need to attack my goals full steam, but I just don't have the time to focus on them right now. I'll have a few great days, and then I get derailed. Hoping I can be more focused once our union bargaining is finished. Great job keeping up with the resistance bands!

@tracy--glad you will still be able to get the cake finished in time.

@holly--I've never been to planet fitness, but my understanding is they are great for cardio, but lack much in the way of free weights. I go to SNAP and love it. My location is very small, but never overly crowded. It's about $30/month if you pay for a full year up front. I think we were at -9 (not including windchill), so you win. Brrr!

@kel--I love working out, but I have to admit that I also love the added bonus of more calories. I tried to go with TDEE method for awhile, and I really missed being able to "earn" more calories by exercising more.

@barb--I'm a rare runner who actually enjoys treadmill workouts, but even I'm getting sick of not being able to run outside.

@amanda--enjoy your day off!

@niki--we all have "off" days when we don't get as much done as we would like. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Welcome newlings!

AFM--Our meeting ended at 1 pm, and I've been playing on the computer ever since. Time to go grade and then hit the gym.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: 2/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 58/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/60 Gatsby journals
    4. x/16 BNW analysis activities

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @holly--I've never been to planet fitness, but my understanding is they are great for cardio, but lack much in the way of free weights. I go to SNAP and love it. My location is very small, but never overly crowded. It's about $30/month if you pay for a full year up front. I think we were at -9 (not including windchill), so you win. Brrr!
    /quote]
    Karen I would rather win by being above freezing :DB)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    /quote]
    Karen I would rather win by being above freezing :DB)

Haha! I agree!!

Okay, so "it's on!"--whichever of us hits 33 F first wins the next round. :smiley: We could then see whose snow melts enough to see grass for the following contest.

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @skinny Grass? What is that? I remember hearing something about something green being out there sometimes. AT least we have sunshine!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @skinny Grass? What is that? I remember hearing something about something green being out there sometimes. AT least we have sunshine!

Yes, Barb--it's beautifully sunny here today!

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    We have grass, it's not very green tho--nice shade of dead brown! :wink:
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    Anybody know how I can find just MY posts? I'm trying to find the goals I set out at the beginning of the month so I can update my progress!

There is no 'link' for that. What you might try ... click on the search button at the top of the page and put in your MFP name. If anyone used your name in one of their posts you will see links to them. That might get you closer to your own post.

I copy and past my posts into a document for the ones I want to save, especially my goals. ... those I usually post right into my newsfeed on my home page.

Good luck.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is my first time here. I have used myfitnesspal in the past and absolutely loved it! I lost 42lbs., but unfortunately, I gained it back! SOOOOOOO I am back again. I have lost it once, and can do it again. Can't wait to meet you guys!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @candicane Welcome. We are glad you stopped by. Please stop by often and let us get to know you. This is a very helpful thing to keep one going; sometimes we falter, but to keep coming back again and again is helpful. This is a great time to get your daughter thinking about being healthy and eating healthy food; she will remember the lessons for life.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys! Just popping in b/c a friend of mine posted this article link on FB and I thought it was really interesting:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/cost-of-getting-lean
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Skinny (Karen)- Good article that you posted. Enjoy your emergency day off to tomorrow. Right now we are on a 2 hour delay for Friday. I am thinking that we will end up closing as well but the school systems are playing it safe right now. The state of Delaware has closed all of it's schools tomorrow and they are only one state over from us.

Temperature wise we will be at -1 tomorrow morning with the wind chill between -15 and
    -20. A friend who lives in Alaska, said she went outside WITHOUT her coat today and was fine. The response was take back the cold. No Grass just this white stuff on the ground and ice in the streets.

Welcome to all the new people, you have found a great thread. Don't be afraid to jump into the conversation and respond or ask questions. We will get to know you the more you post.

Truth- Today, was a long and hard day at school. Two of my classes were given new assigned seats much to their dismay. Then had to meet with a hospice counselor- since one of my student has a younger brother who is in the final stages of life. Then I was observed which was unannounced. Thankfully, this normally challenging class behaved today and the lesson went well. My 5th period was a challenge with their behavior today. Then after school, I had a group stay after for a review on graphing. So as the afternoon went on, I was getting tired and was not feeling the gym. Some friends posted a last minute Happy Hour needless to say, I went to HH tonight. It felt great to just hang out with friends.

Have a great Friday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys-
    Got a bit of grading done and also went to the gym this afternoon.

Thursday Truth:
    My truth is that one day at the gym does not make up for 3 days of terrible eating. Even with my 3 mile run and some strength training, I'm at an almost 800 calorie overage for the week. I'm going to do my best to make up for most, if not all of it over the next 2 days. The good news is that I don't have any real plans this weekend, so I could do an extra long workout on Saturday. Still trying to outrun my fork. :blush:

My plan tomorrow is to finish the BNW journals and the Gatsby journals. My AP are writing in-class essays tomorrow, so that will give me a lot of extra grading time. However, it will also add 64 essays to my grading list. :cry:

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: 3/3 balance; PT; 1/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 58/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. 17/60 Gatsby journals
    4. x/16 BNW analysis activities
    5. x/ 64 AP quizzes

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--gym DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Lauriek70 wrote: »
    Skinny (Karen)- Good article that you posted. Enjoy your emergency day off to tomorrow. Right now we are on a 2 hour delay for Friday. I am thinking that we will end up closing as well but the school systems are playing it safe right now. The state of Delaware has closed all of it's schools tomorrow and they are only one state over from us.

Temperature wise we will be at -1 tomorrow morning with the wind chill between -15 and
    -20. A friend who lives in Alaska, said she went outside WITHOUT her coat today and was fine. The response was take back the cold. No Grass just this white stuff on the ground and ice in the streets.

Welcome to all the new people, you have found a great thread. Don't be afraid to jump into the conversation and respond or ask questions. We will get to know you the more you post.

Truth- Today, was a long and hard day at school. Two of my classes were given new assigned seats much to their dismay. Then had to meet with a hospice counselor- since one of my student has a younger brother who is in the final stages of life. Then I was observed which was unannounced. Thankfully, this normally challenging class behaved today and the lesson went well. My 5th period was a challenge with their behavior today. Then after school, I had a group stay after for a review on graphing. So as the afternoon went on, I was getting tired and was not feeling the gym. Some friends posted a last minute Happy Hour needless to say, I went to HH tonight. It felt great to just hang out with friends.

Have a great Friday.

It was today that we were off--back to school tomorrow for us. We are expecting a high of 20 degrees--downright balmy compared to today. I'm glad your class behaved for your observation. It's my off year b/c tenured teachers only get formally observed every other year. However, now that my boss is done with all of the formal evals (they have to be completed by 2/15) I'm sure she'll pop in to my classes eventually.

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @candicane32081‌! You've found a good group to help you get healthy for life.

Someone asked about The Miracle Morning, but I can't find you now. It's a book by Hal Ellrod, and it's life changing! Part of me can't believe I've done it 46 days in a row, but the part of me that is stronger, more disciplined, and more self-confident totally can. :smile: You can get a couple of chapters free from this website: http://miraclemorning.com/

AFM, I subbed for 8th grade math this morning, and those kids wiped me out again! They were good kids, just needed a lot of attention and help with their work (equations with negative numbers), so I was exhausted when I got home. On the drive home, one of my editors called to ask if I'd take a rush assignment, due tomorrow. Fortunately I was expecting his call (he does this with every issue), but it still threw my afternoon off kilter trying to coordinate an interview. Should be on track to meet the deadline, though, plus charge a rush fee, so it's all good.

MFP Goals February 15-21

Diet Goals

* No fast food 4/7 - 2/7
    * Plan meals for this week, including Sissy Night -
    * Prep food for this week - some

Exercise Goals

* Yoga every morning - 4/7
    * Cardio x 3 - 2/3
    * Strength training x 2 - 1/2

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 3/7
    * Refill meds when needed - DONE
    * Call optometrist about contacts Rx -

Personal Goals

* Miracle Morning daily - 4/7
    * Send one positive/inspirational/gratitude letter or email - DONE
    * Declutter spare room - started

Work Goals

* File 8 magazine articles - 3/8
    * File 2 newspaper articles - x/2
    * Invoice magazines - DONE
    * Invoice newspaper - DONE
    * Watch video tutorial -
    * Spend 30 minutes 3x working on client website - x/3
    * Send 5 LOIs - x/5
    * Sub Tuesday morning - DONE
    * Sub Thursday morning - DONE

February All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 19/28
    * Track food daily - 19/28
    * Cardio workout x 12 - 8/12
    * Strength workout x 4 - 3/4

Lent Commitment

* No fast food - 2/40
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just popping in b/c a friend of mine posted this article link on FB and I thought it was really interesting:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/cost-of-getting-lean

Just read this - really interesting! I know at what body fat % I feel good and look healthy, and now I have a handy reference for how to get there.
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »

February Challenge to myself:
    1) Log in to MFP every day - 25/25
    2) Under weekly calorie goal (right now, 10,640/week, 1520 daily) -23/25 days
    3) Exercise goals:
    Physical therapy upper body resistance bands - 4x weekly - miserable fail!
    3 reps of 10 x each with 3 different upper body bands
    Walking 4X weekly 10 min at break and 20 min at lunch - fail again!
    Going UP the stairs at least 3X daily, 5 days a week well.... Maybe a few times!
    Working out at least 30 minutes 3X week on treadmill and ellipticalhah hah not even once!

Well ok, I did great on tracking & staying within calorie goals, and I lost 8.3 lbs in less than a month, so I'm very happy. And next week I'm going to insist my hubs let me drive myself in to work, and I'm getting up early every day, so I can exercise at the gym across the street from where I work at least 3X week! You can't beat a gym that close even if it is small, especially since it's only $100/yr!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I overslept this morning, so just a quick drive-by! Friday Fitness...I hit the gym yesterday and plan on walking during my lunch hour today...gonna bundle up and face the elements, and keep kicking this cabin fever in the face. ;)

Did not get to the grocery store yesterday like I planned, so probably will go on Saturday. Maybe a fish fry at church for dinner tonight...we'll see.

February:
    Calorie Goal- 9/19
    Exercise Goal- 6/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-185/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 152.5/165
    Back- 152.5/165
    Triceps- 82.5/90
    Biceps- 82.5/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaKaye…love the picture!!! Great job on meeting your exercise goals.
    @Holly, Karen…I win – 33 degrees in Bismarck as I write this at 7:23 am! Not sure what is happening with our winter (and I’m knocking on wood) but we’ve been missing on most of these major systems – less snow and warmer (not amazing but…)than a lot of other folks. Since it’s just an odd year for us, I’ll take it as I know next year we’ll probably be back to “normal.”
    @Goins…great month so far! Keep it up.
    @Karen…thanks for the article. Good reading.

AFM: I had an okay day yesterday up until the Doritos came out. I forgot to log but am going to go back and get it in. Don’t want it to become a habit to skip that part regardless of a good or bad day.

Friday Fitness: To just get back on track and not let my “busy” stay in the way of my health. I too often use it for an excuse lately to not hit the gym. I feel so much better after I go…JUST GO TRACY LEIGH!!!!