Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just checking in really quickly. I'm still having a hard time curbing my sweet tooth due to the stress of having a friend over for two weeks during a pretty academically intense two weeks for me, but no huge mistakes yet. Trying to run a 5k (first time without walking) tonight as the final step of my program. I'll be very disappointed with myself if I don't make it, so I'm going to try and really push myself.

Wed. wish is that I manage to keep up my working out/healthy diet overall as I continue on.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I know I can get through these next couple of weeks in a healthier way than I usually do. Had a checkup today and I'm down 13 lbs since my last appt (4 1/2 weeks ago) , my bp just squeezed in under the mark at 140/88 (best it's been in a long time), and I had a PR (at least, a PR since I started training again) at the track for my 5 k - 48:00, walking only. So I am encouraged today and hoping to see a decent loss this week that would put me at 25 lbs lost, and break a number I have not managed to get under in 3 years.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Still catching up... will return later. Just bumping for new thread.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: Quit talking and start acting. Tough love to myself.

@ Laurie – I’m so sorry to hear hospice has been called for Jane’s mom. Thoughts and prayers to them during this very difficult time. Yes, we have two in the Boston area and opening a third one in Mansfield very soon. We also have 33 of them in Vegas so when you’re here in March this could be a stop too. I definitely recommend sharing though. Our sizes are 9”, 12” and 20” so it’s a LOT of food. I can’t believe the triathlon is around the corner. You’re going to be great! Also, thanks for the rollover. Very smooth. LOL!!!

@ Kaye – What a beautiful post on Sunday and love the new profile picture of Jane. So sweet!!! We’re lucky to have you and since I don’t have either of my grandmothers – you’re it!!!

@ Amanda – What a trip!! I was so tired just reading your post. 10 hours is quite a road trip. This would be exhausting in itself, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Also, congrats on the 3 lbs loss – nice!!!!

@ Camille – I’ve lost personals quite a few times. I know it takes time and effort so when we lose it we all get frustrated, but it’s the thought that counts. Right??!!!

@ Queen – I’m so glad you had a nice hotel visit with your friend, but also really proud you got right back on track.

@ Tracy – Hey Girl!!! I was worried about you. I knew you wouldn’t leave us, but hadn’t seen you in a while. I totally forgot you had your cruise. You know I need to hear all about it so shoot me a note when you get a chance.

@ Robin – HUGS!!!!!! We miss you!!!

@ Pamela, Kallista, Conscott, Pwinche, Paola, and Jena – Welcome!!!

@ KarenL – You need some sun!!!! Thinking of you and this whole job situation. My dear friend battling cancer had to quit his job. He's applied for disability, but it hasn't been approved yet. He's always been the bread winner while his wife was a stay-at-home mom. Tough decisions ahead for them. I know this is not easy. Thinking of you!!

@ Aimee – Love your post!! I can just read your excitement. Good for you!!!

@ Kelly – 20’s? Seriously??!!! Normally, your weather is pretty much in line with ours, but we never got that low. Friday is supposed to be around 80 though. Can’t wait!!

@ Tanya – Steak and cheese? I actually work for a sandwich shop and our Cheesesteak is our top selling sandwich!!! I have to be so careful and it’s so tough in my job having to sample stuff ALL the time. Definitely do not fret about the small gain. I’m sure it’s all water. It will come right off.

@ Jt – Sounds like a nice time with the hubby walking on the beach and also congrats on the loss. Woo Hoo!!!

@ Karen – Congrats on the new number! I know you’ve been mixing things up so hopefully this is a sign in the right direction.

@ Kris – I remember the first time you shared the stroller with us and MowMow. It cracked me up, but super sweet. I’m thinking about readjusting things too. It’s been quite a roller coaster with a LOT more ups than downs, but we’re taking control!! Well, you kind of expected Dr. McHottypants was going to say something. It’s over and done with, but I still think moving to Vegas and becoming a show girl with me should be on your radar. LOL!!

@ Littleshadow – I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I can’t even imagine so I definitely don’t know what you’re going through, but stay strong. You deserve it! I know alcohol, food, etc. . .are just temporary relief and normally leave us feeling pretty crappy anyway. You just need to get through these next few weeks. Hugs your way!

@ Nettie – Thanks for the recipe – garlic, broccoli, and almonds – all three of my favorite things!!! LOL!!!

@ L2T – Great profile picture!! Hope Cabo is fun and your finding some “you” time!!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone gets their wishes. I finally lost a pound after three weeks. Not sure what the problem was. Maybe not enough water. I've been eating a couple large salads a day. Lettuce and arugular right from the garden. My yard is a mess. I haven't done much since October because of knee. Guess I get to look forward to an ankle replacement sometime this summer. I will then be the bionic woman. Be well and thin. Ell
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Susan-I am honored to be your grandmother. Thank you for the kind words. Sometimes I feel like I talk too much.
    Had an impromptu trip to Ontario (that's OR not Canada) this afternoon for CPAP supplies. We decided to grab a sandwich so I wouldn't have to cook dinner. Carls Jr has become my favorite because they make any of their sandwiches in a lettuce wrap, and they have light lemonade.
    I went on a cookie baking binge this afternoon. I gave some of them to DD for the library bake sale, some to other DD for her foster boys, put some in the freezer, and some are going with us tomorrow. We are going on a road trip for the weekend to visit another daughter in Vancouver, WA. We always have fun over there. She has 4 beautiful daughters.
    I think they have WiFi at their house so I should be able to check in.
    Have great evening. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Jeanette: Running warm up; I do the following: 2 sets of eg swing 15-20 each leg, high leg lifts 15-20 (raise knee as high as possible up to waist), circles with legs kind of like writing with your leg bend your knee at an angle and draw circles start small then larger. Calf raises- raise up and down on the ball of your foot, can use stairs but the bottom one 10 each –both legs, then right, left, jumping jacks. That is the warm up my trainer gave me for warming up before a run. Plus walking for at least 5-10 minutes. Cool down walking as you decrease speed.

Karen- I will register tonight, have you registered yet? There are times when our bodies need a break from exercising so they can heal and repair themselves. Focus on getting the grading done then get back to the exercise.

Jt-I hope your hubby gets on board with you and will join you on the walks with the dogs.

MowMow- Waiting an hour for the doctor would make anyone’s BP go up. Nice joke, about the Chinese food and the Dr. Mc Hotty Pant’s reaction was priceless.

KarenL- That is terrible about the ultimatum from your employer demanding your return to work. Can you work from home or some other comprise? I hope the labor relations department can work things out for you.

Jen-Welcome.

Rain-I know you can run the full 5K without walking, just remember that a slow jog can also be a fast walk.

Kelley- Have you found your summer clothes for the cruise yet? Many of the stores now have them out in full force.

Wish- That the state testing goes well and no major problems occurs. After the snow delays, my students are testing the next 2 days then again next week. It will be a challenge keeping them quiet after they finish testing since they are not very good about going back and checking their work. I get to spend 3 hours with my testing group tomorrow, then I teach straight through the afternoon with only a lunch break. It will be a very long day followed by an after school meeting then class.

Have a great day.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. Sometimes I feel like I talk too much.

Kaye, that's not possible. I always so look forward to your posts!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--those testing days can be so tedious! Ours aren't until April and b/c we have so many faculty members, we only have to proctor one of the two test days. The other is for PLC, dept. meetings, and grading. I'm registering tonight as soon as I finish this post. :happy:

@kaye--I was thinking the same as kris, you could never talk too much. I love reading about your family! I grew up very close to my extended family. They are mostly in MI, so we don't see them as much as when I was a kid and it makes me sad that my11 cousins and I have grown so distant over the years.

@ell--awesome that you finally dropped a pound--I know how that feels! :drinker: I love arugula--I've never grown it, but one of my friends has a large garden and she gives me some of hers once in a while.

@susan--good job getting tough with yourself. :grumble: Have you registered for T2T yet?

@shadow--that's awesome that you had good numbers at your appt today! :drinker:

@rain--You can do it!! I found once I could run for 20 minutes straight, I could run a 5k. As laurie mentioned, just watch your speed. The key is to find your "forever" pace--even if it's slower than your fastest walking pace.

@p1xy--great job only eating out 4 times last month!! I know you said that was a big struggle for you, so way to go!! :drinker: I also like that the challenge is motivating me to eat more salad.

@jen--welcome!! :flowerforyou:

@karenleona--that's ridiculous that your employer is giving you an ultimatum! :mad: I really hope your labor officer can help you fight that.

@tammy--that's funny that the doctor basically told your DH to defer to your good judgment--I love it! Sorry you are dealing with fleas--that's got to be a hassle. :grumble:

@kris--well, you knew that lecture was coming and at least you have already cleaned up your eating over the past week. I love that you almost gave McHottypants a stroke! :laugh:

@ushkii--I know you will make that wish come true!

@tena--kaye said it best--she's a wise woman. :wink:

@holly--I love that you mixed up the days--at least I know I'm not alone in not being able to keep track lately. I truly believe it's all this cold and snow--it just makes all of the days run together. :ohwell:

@nettie--loved the story about your student's progress! :flowerforyou: I'm glad laurie was able to give you some warm up advice b/c I have no regular routine. I often walk gunner before I run, but sometimes he runs with me, so I just run cold and stretch halfway through when I drop him off and grab some water. I do calf stretches, quad stretches, and IT band stretches. When I go to the gym, I tend to do my circuit training first which sufficiently warms up my muscles for a run. I know the types of exercises laurie described are the way to go. Don't ever stretch cold muscles--it's really a great way to injure yourself. The c25k program always has you begin with 5 minutes of walking which is fine for a warm-up.

Wed. Wish:
    That I don't blow my entire week this Sunday. I'm going to an Irish Sunday Funday with some friends (including garetie! :flowerforyou: ) in my old neighborhood in Chicago. There will be lots of drink and food specials at all of the bars/restaurants in addition to Irish musicians and dancers throughout the day. Should be a lot of fun, but I tend to drink beer at those types of events rather than my typical Captain and diet coke. Beer is so high calorie in comparison. :ohwell:

I don't think I ever followed up regarding my AP students and the copying off the internet. I basically told them I won't grade crap they've copied from another source. They all have a journal reflection due on Monday, and I told them if I don't get complete honesty about the copying, they will receive zeros on the refection. I let them know it's vital that I understand if they were just being lazy, didn't plan their time well, or were truly struggling to complete the work. In addition, I made the next journal assignment (also due Monday) optional. There were gasps of shock when I said this, but when I explained my logic, they seemed to understand. I told them the journals are for their benefit--it gives them a chance to practice skills and to boost their grades. If they don't feel they need the practice, and if they believe their grades can stand on the tests and essays alone, that's their choice to make.

I was over calories by about 150 calories today, but I was under by about 180 yesterday, so no worries. I just couldn't eat over 2000 calories yesterday when I ended up not working out, and then of course today I burned close to 1000 calories between the gym and shoveling, so 1500 wasn't enough. In all honesty, if I hadn't eaten a full donut's worth of "tastes" at work today, I'm sure I could have stayed under. :blushing:

Tomorrow will be a challenging day. I have a baby shower right after work and then an evening union budget meeting. Not sure I will get to the thread at all.

March Challenge:
    1. x/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 5/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 5/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading goals:
    1. 5/18 AP presentations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + core work NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE ON WED
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core work DONE ON TUES + shoveling DONE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @Laurie- Good luck with all the testing and everything you've got crammed into the next several days. I imagine you're working hard to make up for all the time lost to snow days.

@Kaye- Hope you're having fun at your daughter's! I bet your house smelled wonderful after all that baking. I'm going to be baking up some goodies next week for our church bake sale.

@Tigredia- Water does make a big difference. Congratulations on the dropped pound! :drinker:

@Susan- We all have to give ourselves some tough love from time to time. And 10 hrs was a long day...I think maybe I'm not as young as I used to be, because I felt zonked Sunday and Monday. It was worth it. :smile:

@littleshadow- It sounds like you've got a good handle on dealing with this difficult time in a healthy way. Nice job on the track. I hope you meet your goal this week!

@Rain- You can do it! You can run a 5K, and you can maintain a healthy lifestyle!

@P1xy- Holy water weight, Batman! Six pounds would be more than enough to make me want to get back in the kitchen and avoid those meals out.

@Kah- Hope your internet comes back online. Did you tell the IT staff that we NEED you posts, pronto? :wink:

@jen- Welcome!

@karenleona- So sorry to hear about the ultimatum from your employer! I hope it all works out. :flowerforyou:

@jtconst- Ugh. Fleas! Hope you've eliminated them now.

@mowmow- Hopefully your recent jump back on the wagon will help in some small way with your test results!

@ushkii- Get your groove on!

@mnwalkingqueen- I wondered why you were wishing a day early, but someone else did it too, so I was second guessing myself yesterday about what day it was! It's been a long winter. We have no idea what day or month it is because our brains are frozen. :laugh:

@Nettie- What a fantastic proud teacher moment! I got a little teared up myself reading it.

@aimee- You changed your name! Good luck with your March goals!

AFM: I tried incorporating some veggie into breakfast. I don't remember where I saw this pumpkin pie oats recipe...it was something I was looking at while at work...magazine...online? It's scribbled on a post-it, that's all I know.

PUMPKIN PIE OATS (makes about 6 servings)

1 c. steel cut oats
    3 1/2 c. water
    1 c. canned pumpkin
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1 tsp vanilla
    (1/2 c. honey- optional)

Mix everything together in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.

I did it without the honey, and it was not sweet at all. It was pretty pumpkin-y. So, we added a tsp of honey to each of our individual bowls this morning, and it was pretty good.

And, my Wednesday Wish is that my sister can just deal with her normal every day stresses of working full time and being a mother to three. She called tonight to tell me that her cancer is trying to make a comeback.:brokenheart: She had a rare cartilage cancer that led to her undergoing a very complicated hemipelvectomy (they removed part of her pelvis and surrounding tissues) two years ago. They were pretty sure they got it all, but were worried about how close her tumor was to her bladder. She's been going in for regular scans and they found 'a small seed of cancer cells' growing near her bladder. Grrr. :grumble: At least it sounds like it's very manageable at this point. She meets with her doctor on Tuesday, and they will probably schedule an outpatient procedure to remove the 'seed' on 3/20. Her birthday. It would be a nice gift to have that all go well.

1/4 weeks: Try a new veggie or do something new with an old veggie and share the recipe.

3/31 days: Eat 3-5 servings of veggies.

0/31 nights: Get 8 hours of sleep.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @hansea - I'm really sorry about your sister - cancer is such a beast and I can't imagine dealing with that on top of trying to raise a family. That oatmeal recipe sounds so good!

@skinny - not blowing the weekend is a good goal to have - it's one I work on, every weekend! :) Sounds like a fun time! Good job logging the "tastes", they do add up over time!

@Lauriek - I admire the work you do with kids. I hope the testing goes well and that you can manage them ok after the testing!

@grandmakaye - sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! I love it when my mom bakes cookies for my boys; for some reason, I have an easier time staying out of them than if I bake them myself! she lives in our basement so they are very fortunate to have her so close.

I did well with my logging yesterday and stayed within my calories even with a girls' night. Bought myself a kettlebell yesterday so I can start doing some strength training. I don't have the time or money to have a gym membership, so I thought this would be a good compromise. My physiotherapist is pleased with the progress in my ankle and shin, and I am stretching the time betweeen appointments a little bit further now so hopefully that will go ok.

Thursday truth; not much to confess... I am really glad the weekend is coming. Feeling exhausted and drained this week. I guess the biggest truth is that I am very afraid of failing on this weight loss journey... when my progress stalls, I start to feel like maybe my body is just never going to let me be a healthy weight no matter how hard I work!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - I don't have anything to fess up this week. So I guess that's a good thing.

My students were all really good yesterday and my staff all did their jobs. :smile:

One of my MFP friends shared a recipe the other day for Quinoa Burgers. I ended up making it last night with tzatziki and they were really tasty. I put in zucchini and fresh spinach in addition to a carrot. I don't eat cottage cheese so I put in cheddar and jarlesberg instead.
    Quinoa Burgers -
    http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/love-my-quinoa-burger/
    Tzatziki Sauce -
    http://greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.htm

MNWalking - Oh my goodness to the client. That would have made me quit to.

MyMOwMOw - LOL to asking if that means you should not stop for Chinese food on the way home. I would have loved to see the expression on your doctor's face!

Karen - I cannot believe your employer did that to you. That is terrible and wrong on so many levels. I hope everything works out in your favor.

LOL to "the look". Yesterday I was working with a little girl from one of the other classes. (We sometimes combine classes for social interactions) She was having a tantrum on the floor because I asked her to sit down and play with a peer rather than run around the room. I walked over to her, gave "the look", extended my hand and said "Time to get up. Let's go." She grabbed my hand and walked with me to the other child and began playing. It's amazing what some of the students will try and how quickly they give up when they know their tantrums won't work for certain people.

Jen - Welcome. Jump right in and join us.

P1xyn1xy - I hope you son gives it to his teacher today and you can get that meeting set up soon. Good idea about the workbooks.
    Thanks for the advice about the spaghetti squash and zucchini. That is good to know. I always have a problem with my zucchini. It grows beautifully however I have the woods behind my house and lots of wild life. Some little critter keeps coming into the gardens and eating the zucchini before it gets a chance to get big. I have not caught the critter munching away yet so I don't know if it is a bunny, raccoon, squirrel, field mouse, chipmunk or woodchuck. But from how they demolish it, I am thinking it is one of the larger animals rather than the mice and chipmunks. Last year I only harvested 2 zucchinis the entire season. :grumble: Ironically they don't touch any of my other plants. This year I am going to try some natural remedies to deter the wildlife.

Tigredia - Congrats on the loss!

Laurie - Thanks for the info.
    I hope the testing goes well and the day goes by very quickly for you.

Skinny - I never knew that about not stretching cold muscles. Thanks.
    I hope you have a really great time this weekend. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Hansea - I am so sorry to hear about the news with your sister. I hope her surgery goes well. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks for the recipe. That sounds really yummy!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just needed to share. I lost another pound. So excited.
    Be Happy, Healthy and Thin. Ell
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thursday Confession--- My fitbit is driving me crazy.....I am so confused how can a person burn 3000-4000 calories just walking for about an hour at a steady pace every day? I am so confused on how to log calories burned.
    Confession 2- Now that I am working on cutting back on eating out I am contantly hungry but I don't want to eat over calories. I am trying to eat nuts or oats things that will fill you up - maybe I just need more water idk.

Also I believe it was Karen that asked me if I would rather travel to gym or use my work one. I would rather use the work one but they won't allow me to since I switched locations. I can take free fitness classes at my new location but not allowed to use the gym.

I will do personals later. ....thanks for the dog advice I worry that being I have allowed him to dig in the huge snow banks that he will tear up everything this spring, summer and fall. We went for a walk around the block yesterday you can tell he has beagle in him head never left the ground and at times he was choking himself to get to the smell. I would stop like training showed but he would just keep going till he was choked whatever he smelled he wanted bad. He seemed to like the walk though and wanted more but some there were people out and about walking and I didn't want him to jump on them he isn't understanding off or down very well. Just a happy puppy wanting to say Hi to everyone he sees even the birds he stopped to watch while on his walk.

March Goals:

Eat Out 1x per day = 5/31
    Drink 8 glasses of water= 2/31
    Find a gym to join
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: It is so easy to slip back into my old ways. The good thing is that I eat a little slower and fill up faster this way, so the old ways really do seem kind of crazy. I could eat a huge meal and not think a thing about it.

Going to try to take out our little camp trailer this weekend and flush out the anti-freeze and clean it up. It will be just me and my wife, no boys, they are all gone now. So what do we eat? humm.

JNettie - Thanks for your service to American's youth, such as it is. lol. Sorry for the frustrating day that wore you out, but the story of the boy with the break through was awesome!
    MyMowMow - Chinese food is the food I will most likely cheat on. It is my go to if I think for some dumb reason I should 'reward' myself.
    Karenleona - Sorry you job is given you heck, hope it all works out in your favor.
    hansea - Will be thinking about you and your sister, hoping for a good outcome.
    littleshadow - You do not fail as long as you get back up dust yourself off and get back to work. Everyone will have times of stagnation or lapsed in their program, the winners in the long run are the ones who keep coming back.

Goals:
    A: Under for Calories 4/7 days a week
    B: Walk 3/7 days a week
    C: 8 cups of water a day 3/7

Mon: off the wagon
    Tue: off the wagon
    Wed: A B
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Quick update--piss poor run yesterday.

Breakdown:
    Week 1: 3/4 days
    Miles today: 3.14
    Miles run: 10.00/50
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    We are having a lot of server and network issues at work, so my internet access is sporadic at best – I have literally been working on this post all morning! I’m taking my chances and hopefully this post will take. I’m behind on personals, I’m sorry for anyone that I miss. I hope I can catch up more tonight.

@Laurie~Thanks for handling the rollover, I enjoyed the quotes to get us there. I’m getting there with the summer clothes, I have shirts and did finally find a swimsuit last Saturday. This weekend will be all about finding shorts, there was still a limited selection last weekend but the stores told me stuff was starting to arrive and thought the selection would be better this week.

@Karen~Hooray for the loss! I’m glad you were able to get through to your students, I hope they took what you said to heart and turn in “original” work this time, I also hope they take advantage of the optional assignment you gave – seems like a great way to improve their grade.

@Kris~Great goals, slow and steady wins the race! I keep thinking about leash training Zoe, she wants to play outside so badly. Oy, drives me crazy when I have to wait long for my scheduled doctor’s appointment – no wonder your BP was up.

@littleshadow~I’m sorry for the rough patch you’re going through. I can relate all too well of turning to alcohol when I’m upset or stressed out, I’ve been trying really hard lately to find other ways of dealing with it – exercise works well.

@Nettie~When I warm up for a run, its typically walking for 5 minutes – also the c25k program will walk you through a warm-up. Never stretch cold muscles though. If you feel the need to stretch do it after you warm-up for a while – I never stretch until afterwards. I know your job often has challenging days, but those days where you are rewarded with a breakthrough must really make it worthwhile.

@Kaye~Garlic roasted asparagus sounds yummy! I like Jimmy Johns for the same reason, I can have my sandwich wrapped in lettuce leaves and sub Dijon mustard for calorie/fat laden mayo.

@KarenL~How frustrating your job situation is, I really hope your labor advocate can help you work around your employers ultimatum.

@hansea~LOL. Thanks for sharing the slow cooker steel cut oats recipe – did you leave the honey out because of calories/sugar content? Maybe a natural sweetener such as agave would work well. Keeping your sister in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well with her doctor’s appointment and surgery.

@Tigredia~Great job!

@Holly~Did you give MFP permission to adjust your calories based on your Fitbit activity?

AFM~Actually not much to report, I’m glad the weekend is almost here although I will have to work a few hours Saturday or Sunday so I can get ahead on some things prior to vacation. I really hate leaving too much for my boss to deal with, especially when I’m gone for two weeks. I was really tired Tuesday so didn’t work out, was still tired yesterday but did go to the gym for an hour of cardio – I think I have some resentment with having to back off a little on the intensity of my workouts, found myself getting into zone 4 a lot yesterday and my trainer just wants me in zones 1-2 for the most part. I just feel dejected during my workouts, I’ll get used to it eventually I’m sure.

March Goals:
    1. 5/18 days 16 glasses of water or more
    2. 0/4 weeks of a new recipe (have one to share, need to make some time)
    3. 5/18 days at least 5 veggies and 2 fruit daily

Exercise Goals:
    Sunday~Session with trainer DONE!
    Monday~Racquetball with trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Cardio NOT DONE – too tired.
    Wednesday~Cardio DONE!
    Thursday~Session with trainer
    Friday~Rest Day (probably pre-vacation housework)
    Saturday~Cardio
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BUMP! btw- Laurie- I loved all of the quotes :happy:
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Crazy week continues, but I wanted to thank everyone for the support, and announce that I ran for 51 minutes straight yesterday, covering 5.57k! I realize that is unbelievably slow, but I did hit 5k in 45 mins, and I didn't stop, so I'm happy with it. I've got exactly a month until race day so it's time to start working on SPEED so I'm not the absolute turtle of my heat.

Might be a rough weekend for eating, as my friend and I are contemplating driving 4.5 hours to Deep Springs College tomorrow to visit a friend, and coming back very early the next morning... does anyone have tips for eating well on a road trip like that (With almost no stops...)