Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Finally hit the 25 lbs mark today, and am in the 240's for the first time in 3 years. Feels good to be making some real progress, especially with how hard I'm working at it. Enjoying the kettlebell workouts, it's nice to have something a little different.

Friday Fitness: Well, we're still training for the 1/2 marathon so my fitness is mostly walking, walking, walking. We have a 9 mile walk this weekend, and because the trails are still icy and it's going to be snowing tomorrow, it will be another indoor one. Can't say I'm looking forward to 72 (!!) laps around the track, but it will be a good calorie burn! :p

congratulations on reaching 25 pounds!!! I hear you on the indoor walking.. I would much rather do it outsdie
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    woke up tired, dizzy and my head feels full of fluff. Not sure if that is from my sleep apnea despite my chin strap and my machine or something else. Feeling nauseated after eating some eggs. Bizarre.
    terrible last few days. Not going to get on a scale for a while. Only thing that seems to keep me grounded is coming on here. During the night i was thinking of taking and LOA from here but i know i would not do well on my own. I am inspired by all your successes!!
    i need to make it though the next week without kiiling myself with food. I have a physical assessment to see if i can return to work that will be done by Health Canada and a meeting with my cardiologist later this week. Then on to my own family doctor on the 17th.. Trying to talk myself into telling him about my depression and binge eating. Not sure if i am brave enough yet!! I have only had this doctor for 2 years and usually only see him for specific requests where i already know what to ask for. He knows me as being independent and intelligent and has not seen me when i am unsure of myself cause i always manage to put on a brave face when i go out.
    if i did not have medical appointments i am sure i would not get out at all!!!
    going grocery shopping later with my daughter. Got lots of healthy things on the list.
    I would like to invite two of my friends to this group but am having trouble finding the group listed. Any ideas?
    have an awesome saturday
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @KarenL~I'm sorry you're down and not feeling well. I hope your medical assessments go well - if you're seeing a doctor you feel comfortable with and s(he) is a good listener I think you should open up to them about how you are feeling. Last year I was under so much stress at work and felt like the walls were closing around me, I talked to my doctor and he gave me some anti-anxiety medication to help me get thru that hurdle. I hated to admit I needed it, but it helped so much. I hope you feel better and no matter what is going on with you or in your life don't ever feel like you need to take a LOA. :flowerforyou:

Oy, I am exhausted - I have been out shopping all day long (i think I bought out the mall :laugh: ). I think I have everything I need though now. And here is my HUGE NSV - I have really never been able to wear Levi's - they always fit me weird, well not anymore!!! I found a pair of Levi capris, tried them on and they fit like a glove - just perfect. I couldn't believe it. :bigsmile: Note to self - never leave home without water or a snack! Thank goodness for those Hormel REV wraps - I stopped at a grocery store and found that and a bottle of water. I know its highly processed, but better than going through a drive-thru.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    just wrote a long post and lost it.
    so this will be brief
    Karen, glad you are back online. I missed reading your posts.
    Karenleon, so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope spring arrives soon and you feel improved by the weather. I know that's what I'm waiting for.
    Still have Xmas decorations that can't be removed as they're frozen in solid to the ground. Feeling in the dumps myself and need to see the sun and some warmer weather. I can't wait for the snow and ice to melt. We've set a new record here for the most consecutive days with accumulated snow on the ground, I think it's around 90 or so days...that's 3 months! Enough is enough!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the recipe builder lately? They've changed it so you can import recipes! :love:
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody,

Ive not seen this thread before, mind if i join in. Maybe doing something regular, like with this thread and checking in with everybody will help keep me on track.
    Tomorrow starts a new day and a new week for me.
    Lifes been up and down lately but im trying to not to let all the negativity bring me down. :wink:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new ones. There is always room for more support and friendship.
    Robin, so glad to see you back!
    KarenL, hang in there. You can do it and we are here to help. By all means, talk to your Dr. They can only act on the information that they are given.
    kah, sounds like a fun shopping trip. Levis, way to go.
    It has rained so much today that I wasn't able to get out for a walk and I don't have any of my back up DVDs. Thankfully DD is a healthy cook. I just edged in on my calorie count. We went shopping at a large oriental market today, and I got a years supply of Japanese style Currie. So excited. Its a favorite at our house.
    We will be heading for home right after church in the morning so won't be checking in until late. Hope you all have a great day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    welcome, kagemori! :)

karenleona, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and struggling so much right now. I hope things get easier really soon!

Got my 9 miles in at the track today, it wasn't even a little bit fun but I'm glad to have it out of the way. tired and sore tonight, can't wait to crawl into bed.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    karenL- You can invite your friends to join us simply by copying the url found in the address bar. We are not a "group" but are an open thread. I believe that your friends can copy the link into the address bar and it should take them here. The other option is to search message boards for the title. I also think you should talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. You are doing good with getting out and walking. Good luck with all of your upcoming appointments.

Robin-Welcome back. You have been missed. Glad to hear you are returning the pool and that you are still doing your squats.

Welcome to all the new people.

Mel- I hope the snow melts soon for you. I am also tired of the snow and ready for Spring.

Kelley- I love the picture of your cat, Zoe.

Mow-I love the picture of your cat as well. I bet she will still love to cuddle on your stomach, even after it is gone.

I am as ready as I am going to be for the triathlon tomorrow. My friend Jane has backed out of participating. She has been so exhausted due to her Mom's health that is still going down hill and with daylight saving's time she just can't handle it. I think I will be doing this event by myself but it will be fine. Who knows maybe I will do even better than expected!!!

Today was a better day food wise so I will call that a success. I still went over calories but I also did it to add some more carbs to my body tonight in preparation for tomorrow.

For those in the US don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight- Daylight Saving's time is here.

Exercise plans
    Sunday- Bike (30 min) and running (20 min) DONE
    Monday- Shoveling snow DONE
    Tuesday- Gym DONE
    Wednesday- Trainer workout DONE
    Thursday- Rest DONE
    Friday- Climbing DONE
    Saturday- Rest DONE
    Sunday-Triathlon
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou: Just jump right into the conversation. If you check the 1st post of page 1, you will see that we have suggested daily topics and a monthly challenge. It's all optional, but helps keep the conversation rolling.

@kelley--I'll have to check out the recipe builder--I haven't seen that change yet. Congrats on getting all of the clothes you need for your trip, and fitting into those Levis! I've had similar experiences with brands that used to not fit. Even when I was still in 14's and 16's I could fit into more brands of pants than in the past. it really shows how our body shape and composition has changed along with the weight loss.

@mel--I'm right there with you regarding the snow and cold--I'm ready for Spring! I never was offline, so I think maybe you meant to direct that comment to robin. :smile:

@karenleona--sorry you aren't feeling well and that you have to deal with all of these appointments. I agree with kelley--it's probably worth sharing how you feel with your doctor.

@robin--so glad you are back with us! Have fun in your pool--I know you really love that as exercise.

@hansea--wonderful successes!! I really admire that you could resist those chips--it says a lot about how much your habits have changed! :drinker:

@aimee--nice job staying under even with the pizza. And congrats on your new low weight! :drinker:

@nettie--I love that you are encouraging brian to join you with c25k. I'm a complete "loner" when I run. Even when I do races with friends, I'm all like "See you at the finish line!" :laugh: I have a really hard time matching my pace to someone else's, so it's easier for me to run by myself. I also really enjoy the "me time"--so I can clear my head.

@tanya--have fun at the bf's!

@tigredia--Wow--5 1/2 inches is incredible! Sorry you aren't feeling well. :flowerforyou:

@kris--yay to finding your ankles! :laugh: Love the picture of your kitty. :heart:

@camille--I sometimes used to get hip pain from the elliptical or from walking/running. I learned that it was my hip flexors. Here is a link to some stretches--maybe they will help.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=8_hip_flexor_stretches_and_exercises_for_healthy_hips

@kaye--woohoo for the size 12's!! We are twinsies now! :happy:

@laurie--I also struggle with throwing food away. I think it's b/c my mom is so opposed to it--it's part of my upbringing. I used to eat less healthy food just because it was in the fridge and I didn't want it to spoil. I realized this very soon after joining MFP and have worked really hard to overcome it. It's still hard, but I'm much better than I used to be.

@rain--I've also had those days when I just feel pudgier than usual. I hope your walk helped. :flowerforyou:

March Challenge:
    1. x/4 weeks--Share a new recipe
    2. 7/31--Eat a veggie/ salad every day.
    3. 8/31--Water goal 12 cups/day

Grading goals:
    1. 16/18 AP presentations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + core work NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE ON WED
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + core work DONE ON TUES + shoveling DONE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Karen, yay for twinsies! At my 5' 1" I'm afraid no one will notice. Love the idea anyway. It made me chuckle. Kaye
  • onmyway57
    onmyway57 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm in
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--yes, I guess I have a few inches on you, but it's still fun that we are in the same size--even if your pants would be more like capris on me. :laugh:

I almost forgot to thank everyone for the kind words about my friend. :flowerforyou:

I'm not sure I will have time to check in tomorrow morning. I'm leaving bright and early for my fun day of being Irish. I planned for tomorrow to be my highest calorie allowance of the week, so I have almost 2200 calories to drink--er, I mean eat. :wink: I'm pre-logging some stuff tonight, A couple of beers and a couple of captain and diets. Plus a reuben sandwich and fries b/c I know I will be eating out. Perhaps, I will pick a healthier meal or even side, but I figure if I plan for the worst, I should be able to make the day work.

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before bed. Not excited about losing that hour of sleep. :yawn:
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope all had a nice Saturday!
    A very nice one here! got my Mary Kay facial and that always makes me feel special!
    My daughter lives near and invited me to have dinner at her home and she had friends there
    from out of town. Of course, today was not a good day foodwise......not super super terrible
    but not good either.

Tomorrow is church and with the clock springing forward, waking up time will come early!
    Everyone have a safe and healthy Sunday!
    Camille
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today turned out pretty great - did some gardening, bought some exotic cactus and ate some dark chocolate Russell Stover chocolates. My sister has been visiting the last couple of weeks. She has been helping me with my Mom. Still not sure if she will be able to live alone. Just have to wait and see. Driving my sister to Phoenix tomorrow, so she can catch her plane back to Minnesota. She is not looking forward to o the cold and snow. Poor baby.

I don't know you well Robin, but I'm glad you are doing better. You must be very special to have started such a great thread of woman.

Karen - Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Laurie - Good luck on your race

Ell

To everyone else, have a great Sunday.
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    Still feeling pudgy. Maybe it's because I'm wearing a newer (but same size as my usual) pair of jeans, so they're less stretched out but I'm getting nervous.

Had a good day in LA today, but not really sure of the calorie count. Went to go see a live broadcast of Corialanus, stopped by a street market and of course we had to get lunch there so I got one (overstuffed with meet, but single tortilla) taco, thinking it was a safe bet. It was DELICIOUS, but I have no idea if it was a good choice or not. Dinner ended up being a sandwhich and a banana from the cafe at the observatory, and it was probably high cal too but I ate about half the bread and removed the cheese. Hopefully that helped.

I think that I really need to kick it up with exercise and start being more strict with myself on sweets. My goal for the next week is ONE sweet thing a day, not multiple small ones (even if I estimate that they fit into my calories).

Feeling fatter makes me TERRIFIED to weigh in but I know I must on Tuesday.
    Doing my third 5k without stopping tomorrow, and it makes me feel wonderful, even though I hurt and go a snails pace the entire time.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @rain- I allow myself one sweet a day, or every other day because it's something nice. :) That's awesome that you're doing a 5k! I have my first one at the end of the month, and I'm a bit nervous for it!

Weighed in at 216.6 this morning, and 215 yesterday. So I'm in there somewhere, and it makes me very excited! :) About 10 more pounds, and I'll have lost 100. It's hard to think of where I was not so long ago. Hoping to lose that 10 in another 2 months, and then on to the one-derland. :)
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I need some travel advice! I'm going to the Bahamas (!!!!!) in less than 2 weeks, with a group of ladies who are not watching what they eat, at all. We are staying in a condo and cooking our own meals, which appear to be mostly starchy, low protein and high fat. I am trying to come up with some easy things that I can a) throw in my suitcase and b) pick up at the supermarket while we're there to help me stay on track a bit while we're away. Don't get me wrong, I will be indulging daily but within moderation. It's a vacation and I plan on enjoying myself, but I also don't want to undo all of my hard work. So far the list for my suitcase includes protein powder, oatmeal, cans of tuna, 100 cal bags of almonds, a small jar of natural peanut butter, and maybe some high protein meal replacement bars. I figure while we're there, I can keep some hardboiled eggs in the fridge, and of course greens, fruit, etc. I don't want to make a scene or make it terribly obvious that I'm on an eating plan, since I am very shy and hate drawing attention to myself. But at the same time, I'm prepared to eat differently when I can, so I can enjoy my deep fried conch and daquiris as required. :tongue: I plan on logging daily so as not to blow my streak, but am not afraid to be over my calories by a bit. We'll be reasonably active and I will do some cardio every day to add some extra calories. There's a pool at the facility, and lots of places to walk.

Any suggestions for other things I can bring along to make things go more smoothly? It's mostly protein that I need lots of.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @Aimee- You're getting so close to losing your 100! Yay!

@Rain- Try not to worry too much about weigh in day. Sometimes we go up, or stay the same, and sometimes we go down. We just need to keep plugging along and the overall trend will be in the downward direction. Good luck with your 5K!

@Ell- Dark chocolate and gardening? That's my idea of a wonderful Saturday. I'm in Wisconsin where things are warming and melting this weekend, and if MN is following along our weather pattern, things are melting there, too. So, hopefully your sister won't have as big of a snow and cold to return to!

@Skinny- Have fun being Irish today!

@Laurie- Thinking of you and your triathlon today! Hope it's a great success!

@littleshadow- Hope you can get off the indoor track and outside soon so your run gets more fun. I'm not sure what other ideas I could come up with for your suitcase. Sounds like you have a great list already!

@Kah- I saw the new recipe builder, but I don't have any recipes to import...yet! Might inspire me to do some looking online for some new things. And hurrah! to well-fitting jeans. That's always such a struggle, I think, no matter your size.

@Mel- I have two metal snowmen outside. One is frozen up to his ankles in a pool of ice. The other is buried in about a foot of snow. Can't wait to pull them out and store them, as well! I did notice that things are melting quite a bit around here yesterday, though. There is hope!!

@karenleona- Uhoh. Sounds like you're coming down with something. Hope it clears up fast. Good luck with your assessments. I hope you're able to work something out with your employer!
    I would definitely mention the depression to your doctor. They can't help if they don't know.

@Robin- WELCOME BACK!! Glad to hear you got a new device. Should be fun to play with your new toy. Sorry to hear about your continued health issues. Have fun in the pool!

AFM- Sunday Share: I'm 34. I live in Wisconsin. I have a husband and two children and several pets. We're Catholic, so we started Lent last Wednesday. It's a lot of fasting, so that usually helps me out on the scale. This year, as a family, we're giving up television. :noway: We were in a terrible habit of constantly having it on, and we have Netflix, which just leads to a lot of binge watching. So far, it's been going well. The kids and my husband are spending more quality time together, building a LEGO castle. (I think they're just going to keep going until they run out of LEGOS...and the kids have quite a lot.) Our parish hands out Lenten reflection booklets each year to give you a starting point for the prayer aspect of Lent. This year they have a version for the kids and my older one (my daughter, age 6) is LOVING it. She can't wait to read her daily reflection! And, as for me, I've had more time to read, pray and work on giving of my time to others (ie: My catching up on housework is a charitable act for my family; I put together a few theme baskets for our church's silent auction; my husband and I are helping to put together some letters and info to send to businesses asking for donations to build a new Catholic middle school in our community; and I may now actually find an evening to sit down and write a nice long letter to our sponsor child in Guatemala.)

Today I'm at work, and we had to get up an hour earlier and spring ahead for Daylight Savings. :yawn: Not only do I have to work on a Sunday, but I'm out an hour of sleep when I'm struggling to get enough as it is? What a kick in the pants.:wink:

Doing well on getting my veggies this month. Going to share my new meatloaf recipe...it was a hit! My kids actually ate it. My daughter enjoyed it and my son said, "It's good. Aaand, a little bad." which is the highest form of flattery from my picky eater! It was also a wonderful way to use up some of the giant head of cabbage my dad had given us in August. My husband had no idea that it was cabbage...he thought it was a ton of onions! :laugh:

Low-Cal Meatloaf:

1 lb of lean ground beef (The original recipe called for 1/2 lb, but I had thawed out a whole lb, and I think the extra meat was worth it to have my family actually enjoy it. I suppose you could sub ground turkey as well.)

3 cups of shredded cabbage

1 tsp salt (I omitted this as my husband is supposed to be on a low sodium diet, and it was fine.)

1 green pepper, chopped

1 Tbsp chopped onion

Combine everything very well in a bowl. Form a round loaf and transfer to your slow cooker. Line your slow cooker. Either use a slow cooker rack or, like me who is rackless, create an aluminum foil rack by folding the foil into two lengths into a kind of rack and letting the foil lengths fall over the outsides of the cooker to form handles. Whatever you can do to keep the loaf from sitting in the very bottom of your cooker.
    Cook on high for 3-4 hours.

2/4 weeks- Try a new veggie or do something new with an old veggie and share recipe.
    7/31- Eat 3-5 servings of veggies per day.
    0/31- Get 8 hrs of sleep each night.
  • pashunrose39
    pashunrose39 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie. Karenleona invited me. My goal is to get myself down to a reasonable weight and of course maintain it. My husband has reached his goal and is maintaining. I'm very proud of him and can't wait to reach my goal. My problem lately is that I just don't feel the motivation I use to feel. I'm not exercising like I use too. I feel like I've got lazy and sluggish. Any suggestions?

Ann(pashunrose)