Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I finally bought my new sneakers (Saucony - Powergrid Hurricane 15) for running. I went to a local running store and they were so helpful. I was torn between 2 pairs so they had me put one on each foot, go outside and run around a bit. I felt a bit dorky when I was doing that but it helped me make my choice. Brian and I went to the park yesterday early evening and did day 1 of C25K. I started off really well. Half way through it I was tired. I ended up starting off each cycle to run but had to switch to walking a few seconds before it beeped to walk. I am proud of myself for getting out there and doing it. I am hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow so I can go in the morning and give it another try. I certainly am feeling different muscles in my legs today. I am not terribly sore but I am feeling new muscles in my thighs and calves that I didn't know where there. :wink: :laugh:

I was glad Brian went to the park with me for moral support. On the drive home we were discussing running. Brian began to map out a new route we could take to get to the park without having to go on the main road (4 lanes in each direction). Then he added that we could take out our bikes, bike to the park, go for our run and bike home. I asked if he planned on keeping up running with me. He said it was something he would like to do. Then added he would rather go running with me than do Gilad. :laugh: I think I just got myself a new running partner! We were discussing how we could make it work with our schedules. Our best option is going in the evenings around 6:40-7sih after we both get home from work. It's either that or we go at 6 am. Brian wasn't too thrilled with that option. :ohwell:

One of the things that was always in the back of my mind was being heavier and running. I have to admit I was a bit self conscious about it. When we first arrived at the park I saw a heavier woman (similar body type as mine but taller) slowly run past us wearing a bright pink shirt. Seeing her out there jogging without any cares eased my self consciousness greatly. I was a bit obsessed with her. I kept telling Brian that I wanted to go introduce myself to her and become her friend. As we were doing the trail I kept an eye out for her bright pink shirt. I could spot her off in the distance but we were never close enough so I could try to make friends. :grumble: I am hoping we run into her again during our runs. Seeing her out and running was really inspiring and encouraging. She gave me hope!

Sunday Share for all the newbies.
    I am Jeanette, 41, married to Brian. We don't have any children but have 2 cats, a bird (cockatiel) and a turtle (Maylasian box). I am a vegetarian. I love gardening, cooking, painting, drawing, arts and craft type things, hiking, bird watching, anything to do with nature. I also love anything to do with being on the water; boating (don't have a boat though :ohwell:), kayaking, swimming. Dolphins are my favorite animal. This is my second time on MFP and I absolutely love it. It has helped me improve my life in so many ways. I am so glad I found MFP and this group of amazing people! :flowerforyou:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Kah - I love the new picture of Zoe! My kitties do that too whenever we take out the suitcases. It always cracks me up.
    Congrats on the capris. Wahoo!!!
    I used recipe builder yesterday but didn't notice that. That is a really great feature. Now I only wish there was a way to go back in and edit the ingredients without having to delete and re-add. For example, I made zucchini tots again yesterday. My zucchini came in under the original weight that I had entered for the recipe. It would be so much easier and time consuming if I could just edit the zucchini weight. :ohwell:

aimeemarie - You amaze me. I saw your loss in my feed and was blown away. You increased the gap between us. I am at 223 now. I have a lot of catching up to do. :wink: :laugh: Keep up the fantastic work, you are doing so well.

Hansea - Congrats on the amazing loss! Wahoo for not touching the chips. It is such a great feeling. I am happy for you. Two benefits of sticking with MFP for me are 1) I have more willpower when it comes to stuff like chips, cookies and cakes. 2) Because I am eating proper portions and less food our food lasts much longer than it did before.

Robin - So glad to see you are back. We missed you. Hope you enjoy time in the pool. As always sending happy vibes and well wishes your way. :flowerforyou:

Karen - Sorry to hear you are in a bad place right now. It may be a good idea to share your feelings about your depression with your doctor. Maybe there is something your doctor can do to help you get over this hump. I wish there was some way I could help you. Please know I am here for you if you need anything.

Mel - That is frustrating that you cannot put away your decorations due to them being frozen. Just think though, spring is on the way. Before you know it the snow will be long gone!

Kagemori - Welcome. Jump right in and join us. :flowerforyou:

Kaye - Japanese style curry? That just sounds yummy!

Laurie - Best of luck to you. I know you will do great. :happy: I cannot wait to read all about it! Sorry to hear your friend backed out on you, but understandably so.

Skinny - I agree with you about the "Me time". I have been encouraging him to join me for multiple reasons. One because I would like to see him do something about his health and become more active. The other being since it is new to me and I am self conscious I feel better having someone with me for that extra support. I felt bad running yesterday though. I am only 5'2" and Brian is 6'2". I have a much shorter stride (is that the right word for it?) and I am quite slow at running. He looked like he was taking baby steps. We must have looked awfully ridiculous. :laugh: Once I get better at it and more confident I will start to venture out by myself.
    I did tell him that we need to adopt a dog so I can take the dog out running with me. Then I told him about how you take Gunner out. I went on to explain how a dog would be good company for me. He gave me this type of look :huh: LOL

Onmyway - Welcome!

Camille - Sounds like you had a nice time yesterday. I am glad you enjoyed the facial!

Littleshadow - All the suggestions I was going to make you already have. Sorry I am not much help. I hope you have a great trip though and enjoy those daquiris!

pashunrose39 - Welcome! I sounds like you may be in a rut. Maybe changing up your exercise routine would help. Maybe try incorporating something novel into your routine that is fun for you. Hiking? Biking? Dancing?
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JNettie - those are great shoes, I tried them when I was shopping for new ones last month. Very comfy! I think I've got a pretty good list going of stuff to take to the Bahamas. I just want to be good when I can, so I can be bad when I want to. :)

Sunday Share - I'm Heidi, 36, from eastern Canada. My two boys are 12 and 8. My oldest has aspergers and adhd, and my youngest has adhd impulsive type. They are my greatest joy and my greatest heartache all wrapped up into two little bundles of energy. I work full time at a daycare - I cook for 57 kiddos daily and spend some time in the classrooms as well. Love reading, distance walking, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and good chocolate. Currently in training for my first half-marathon (racewalking) of the year, in May. The last one I did was in October of last year, and I will be doing another in October of this year. I need to have goals to keep on track, so walking half marathons seems to do it for me! I've done a full marathon as well, but prefer the half!! And that's me in a nutshell.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Morning to every one of my MFP pals! Its so good to be back, and thank you for all the welcomes! My life was just not the same without this thread, let me tell you, it was hard without the daily encouragement and interaction.

Yesterday, I tried to vacuum in 10 min. increments with sitting with a heating pad in between. It seemed to work well and I got half the condo done and boy, did it give me a great feeling to have that "clean" feelling finally. This place hadn't seen the vacuum in over 2 months! The vac has red lites for when it comes upon dirt and the red lite was on constantly :laugh: If I'd had cats they'd have shed and woven a new rug in that amount of time. :wink: :wink:

Goal today is to get out in our predicted 55 degree weather, get gas, pick up Rxs, and head to Michaels Crafts, for some "green" therapy.

When my other computer crashed, I lost everything I had not saved to a disc or zip drive - that included files I'd saved regarding MFP - rats! My favorite file was one comprised of "Sunday Shares" profiles of everyones Real Life Names and locations and occupations, so I could refer to who was actually who. I had stuck to referring to screen names when I adress someone in conversation so that others might know who I am talking to - but I needed my notes to know what their actual names were. Does anyone else have a document like this? I sure whould like to get a copy if there is one out there. I hope one of you oldies can help me.

SUNDAY SHARE: I am really named Ellen and I am a 62 year old divorcee living in a small condo in Omaha, NE. My condo assoc. does not allow pets or kids which is a shame - I never had kids but I've always had dogs or cats. My cat had passed some time ago and this condo seemed like the best deal at the time and since I have bad asthma and shouldn't have cats anyway (!) I am quite happy hear - atho I do miss a yard, I make my deck work well. Omaha is a great city on the banks of the Missouri River and is home to the College World Series of Baseball. I
    I started this Thread the day I started on MFP and it has been helpful to me and so many people! I am grateful for all the friends I have made here and all the graduates who have come and gone!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whew! It sounds like everyone has had a great weekend thus far! I've been working in the house mostly, and went out shopping yesterday to enjoy this high 60's weather we are having! Every time it's like this, we all start hoping it will stick this time. I think by next month it will and then we'll start feeling those "Southern Oven" temps come May.
    I tried to keep up with some of the happenings you fabulous folks have been posting to try to comment, so here goes my first attempt! (yes, I took notes until I figure out who everyone is.) :happy:

Rain - Wow! Running 5K is Awesome! Heck, right now, I feel like I can't even run 5 feet but it gives me such hope to read about you doing it!

Laurie K - MMMM Doughnuts! I don't think I would have had the power to put that last one down halfway through. You are a strong woman! I hope that your triathalon went well today!

GrandmaKaye - Size 12 pants is Awesome! I've only gone down one size (back into my last set of "fat pants") and it felt amazing. I can't even begin to imagine how good it will feel to be out of the 20's much less a size 12!

HumbleHeart - I'm so sorry that you're having hip pain. I do hope that it feels better soon so you can get back outside to walk.

MyM0wM0w - I just have to say that I Love your cat's name! Shepherd Book was a great character... Browncoats Unite! LOL!

JNettie - Thanks for the welcome! I've seen that a lot of folks use the FitBit. I'd love to know more about them especially with the recall on the Force that has happened. I think that it's awesome that you have started C25K and that your sweet hubby is doing it with you! It's always so much better when they are on board with what we are doing!

Hansea - Thanks for the Welcome! Your Low Cal Meatloaf recipe sounds really good! I'm going to have to try that one except probably in the oven on a rack instead. I just see me trying to make a rack for the crock pot going terribly awry somehow. :huh:

MelwillbeHealthy - Ninety days of snow?!?!?! If I could bottle up some sunshine and warm air and send it to you I would!

Littleshadowfeet - Nine Miles is phenomenal! You are officially my hero! It's about all I can do to walk a single mile... but I'm going to get better!

RobinsEgg - Thanks for the welcome as well as starting this wonderful thread! I believe that I've found a home here on MFP.

Aimeemarie - Almost to 100# lost is Fabulous! I hope to post something like that one day!

Kagemori, OnMyWay & Pashunrose - Welcome! I'm new here too and am very glad that I'm not alone!

Sunday Share: My real name is Jenn (Damensha came from my Psych nursing clinicals waay back when), I'm 43yo, from the Heart of Dixie and have over 100# to lose. I'm married with no kids, but three kitteh's (Teensy, Arnie & Moo) that I adore! I'm an avid crafter, reader, and am a bit of a sci-fi / fantasy geek. I work 12 hour night shifts, so you'll probably see me posting at odd hours and if you read my Food Diary, you will see that it's a little mixed up and random, kind of like me. :wink: I'm just so happy that I've found MFP and now this group of folks that I could squeal! It makes me think that, this time, I can really do it!

Have a Happy Afternoon!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    March Goals:
    3/31 - days 10 glasses of water or more
    0/4 - weeks of a new recipe
    7/31 - Either a salad or at least 3 veggies/day or both

Exercise Goals:
    3/12 - Walk 3 days/week
    3/8 - Home workout x30 min. 2 days/week
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @Damensha - it's very overwhelming trying to keep up with everyone at first, I'm pretty new as well and I still have trouble getting all the personals in! 9 miles is a lot, but it's been a gradual increase. Before I started distance walking back in 2011, I could walk for 45 minutes tops. Now I've done a full marathon, a half, numerous 10 k and 5 k races, not to mention all of the training walks, When we trained for the full marathon, we walked almost 300 miles over the span of 18 weeks. Makes 26.2 seems pretty short! :wink:
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie! I also was invited by Karenleona as well. Although I have had Robin on my friends list I believe since I joined MFP I don't believe I have joined this group before? I belonged to another group who's interest has dwindled to only a couple of people & I am in need of all the support I can get. This weight loss journey is not an easy one.
    Saturday: My hubby & I went bowling , we had went with a group of people for a birthday party & thought it might be fun to make it a habit. Help get our butts off the sofa on a weekend night. We had fun & sweat off a bunch of calories doing it. So we have decided to make it a weekend event for us until they start up leagues in Sept.

Sunday Share: I am 62 years old , married to a 61 yr old who has a fairly physical job , he has been quite fit for the 32 yrs we have known each other. We will be married 31 yrs. on June 24th. Our children are grown & have children of their own. We have grandkids ranging from 24 yrs to 2 yrs. We live in a very small town in Princeton, BC, Canada. Long winters here that are very depressing for me. No indoor pool & I do not like to walk in the ice & snow. I have arthritis in my feet, knees, upper & lower back.Had 3 knee surgeries for cartilege repair. So I am limited in what exercise I can do without being in sever pain. I would love to exercise in a pool, & hoping one day they will build an indoor one. I had lost 50 lbs about 6-8 months ago & gained some of that back so I am now struggling to get back to low calories & exercising more. I drink lots of water every day so that is not a problem for me. Look forward to receiving & giving encouragement for each of our weight loss journeys.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Hello my beautiful MFP friends!

Sunday share - I'm a 40(almost 41)year old geek. I joined MFP 2 years ago after I had a stoke die to high blood pressure. Up until very recently I was pretty sure I was just here to lose some weight, but now I'm leaning that my health issues are a long term problem and the only solution to control them is through diet.... so I'll be here...... forever it seems.

I am divorced and live in Oregon with my two sweet boys (who happen to be cats).

Welcome to all the newlings!

Oh, and Nettie, I'd love your recipe for zucchini tots!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

My name is Holly and I will be 41yrs old at the end of the month. I have bounced in and out of trying to lose weight for years on this site. Then I found this great group of people. My self-esteem issues and personal relationship issues have put me back at square one once again. I weigh 261 heaviest I have even been but determined to make changes but I realize I need to start slow in order to succeed. I am a single mom of 17 1/2 yr old boy who is struggling to do right like graduate from school or be responsible for his actions. I go to college and work full time for a Target HQ offices. I recently got a puppy and he has brought me much joy and comfort even though training is hard. Today I walked my puppy around the block for the 2nd time he stopped to smell everything. I love to walk and once it warms up here will be doing it daily for atleast an hour.

@Kaye= Congrats on the pant size
    @Tanya- Thanks for the fitbit information and good luck with the gym challenges
    @Littleshadow- 25lbs awesome
    @ushkii-great job walking
    @P1xyn1xy-Glad you liked Zumba
    @Karen- sorry about your friend- prayers
    @Humbleheart-Sorry that your hip is hurting
    @Nettie-Great scale reading and awesome job with the jog
    @Hansea-great loss
    @Robin- Glad to see you back - prayers on your health
    @Laurie- good luck on triathlon
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Checking in every day is my goal for this week, despite the craziness of having a guest in my room for two weeks during exams. Welcome to the newbies (I'm relatively new myself.

This week continues to be crazy, and I'm truly struggling with balancing my own needs with my general tendency to give up my health and piece of mind for someone else. My friend is visiting, and I had to tell her I couldn't go into the city today as planned because I have a ton of work due at the end of the week (which I would have done, of course, but not without screwing with my sleep and exercise schedule). I am also STILL genuinely feeling chubbier (as in, my pants seem tighter...) this last week, so I'm guessing I may have genuinely gained. It's hard doing MFP and calorie counting when my measurements are inaccurate, and my nutrition info is as well, so if I gained I need to seriously come up with another strategy I think.

Going for my third "real" run in a few minutes. I hope I didn't mislead you to think I was running an actual race today with my last post. Not quite there yet!

@mnwalkingqueen: I am so very jealous of your new puppy! I'm sure that must be great motivation for a workout.

@Hansea: Thanks for the kind words about my fears of having gained! I think the real reason I'm scared isn't necessarily that the number will be bigger in itself... but that it will throw me off the wagon and I'll lose motivation. It's nice to remember that it doesn't really matter what weigh I am now, just that I weight quite a bit less in a years time.

@Jnettie: SO excited for you to start running. I was really self conscious, but having finished the program a week ago nothing compares to that feeling of accomplishment, even if you've only done a few minutes running.

Sunday share for the newest newbies: I'm Laura, a 20 year old college student living in Southern California, but originally from New Mexico via Wales UK via Boston! I've been overweight and obese my entire life, and genuinely cannot stand to miss out on all of the things my weight keeps me from doing or feeling any longer. I've lost 30 pounds so far from my highest weight of 257, but I have a long way to go until my goal of 135 (which might be fudged, as I've NEVER been thin so I have no idea it would look on me.) I enjoy travel, learning languages, swimming, sailing, good books, British television and tea.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    KarenL- I attempted to email you back but my computer would not let me send the email tonight. I am so happy that your friends found us. The other way to find is was to search the message boards and type in Robin's thread. As you scroll down you will come to the most recent posts for this thread. Just click on one and it should bring you to the board.

Welcome to all the new people.

JosieMomGram enjoy the bowing. I love to bowl but I usually go for social reasons so I don't lose to weight why doing that activity.

Ann- Welcome. Try changing something in your routine- add a new activity that you want to try. Make your workouts fun again or sign up for some type of event. You can walk a 5K or run it, just having something to train for can be very motivating.

The indoor triathlon was great today. I met my goals for the event. I swam 15 lengths in 10 minutes (2 more than last time), 9.5 miles bike in 30 minutes (1 more than last time) and ran 1.5 miles in 20 minutes this was about the same distance as last time. I am good with these numbers especially considering I was sick for a couple of weeks in Feb. so lost training and exercise time. I pushed really hard on the swim and bike consequently, my legs were like jello when I switched to the run. My next goal is to work on my stride while running on the treadmill. I know I run faster on the track or outside than I do on treadmill and I am sure part of the problem is watching my speed and knowing how fast I am going. Therefore I don't run as fast as I should plus my stride decrease instead of a longer stride. My goal is to move my speed up to 5.6 or higher by October.

Then this afternoon, I went to a wedding. The nice thing about this wedding was I was able to see people that I have not seen in over 3 years. Three years ago I started this journey so the last time they saw me I was about 250 lbs. Today, I was about 68 pounds lighter and I look great. I had on a coral colored sleeveless dress so I made a great impression on everyone. It was a little to cold for the dress but it looked good and it showed off my new figure. It was nice to hear how good l look and for everyone to notice the changes that have taken place. After the tri today and then dancing at the wedding I have burned a lot of calories and I did not eat them all back. I am sure I will be extremely hungry tomorrow but I will deal with it then. The wedding had a movie theme and it was lots of fun listening to all the different movie references.

Now, I am off to bed before I fall asleep. Have a great week everyone.

Exercise plan
    Sunday- Triathlon--DONE with goals met.
    Monday-Trainer workout
    Tuesday- light workout
    Wednesday Rest
    Thursday- Rest
    Friday- Climb
    Saturday- water aerobics
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm h\back form being Irish! It was such a fun day with garetie and some other RW friends. My sister also joined us, so it was nice to see her as well. I came in vary close to my calorie goal even with all of the alcohol and the Chinese take away the DH had ordered whole I was gone. :ohwell:

Going to be early, so I will catch up on personals tomorrow. :yawn:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the reports on everyone's weekend. Welcome, Newbies. Please come back often. We are all in this together.
    We got home from our fun visit with our oldest daughter and her family about 6 this evening. It was a fun weekend. Now I have to get busy and shorten my capris so they will be ready when the weather warms up. I am optimistic that spring will really come.
    Laurie, great tri. Your dedication to being active is inspiring.
    Congratulations to all of the runners, veterans and beginners. I was never a runner and now with artificial knees, its pretty much a given that I will never be. That's okay. I love to walk.
    I am Kaye, self appointed grandmother of the group. I will be 70 years old in May. I have a large family who occupy a great deal of my time. After fighting the same weight over and over again for many years, I joined MFP and Robin's thread in the fall of 2012. Being accountable to my friends here has been largely responsible for my success thus far. I have tried to keep my strategy simple so that I can continue on for the rest of my life. I don't want to have lose the same weight again.
    Thanks to all of you for your daily inspiration. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Newbie here! I don't know I've missed this thread in the past - I LOVE being active on the boards and the opportunity to make new friends in the process is one I can't pass up! I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with everyone, but I'll try.

My name is Dani, I'm 23 years old and have been on MFP for 2 years, but have only been active and losing weight successfully since January. This is the first time in my life I have ever lost weight [& will hopefully be the last], so every little change I see in my body is an exciting one. So far I've lost about 15lbs & my first big goal is to be 170lbs by Christmas. I'm a total believer in slow & steady wins the race and don't care how long it takes me to achieve my goals, as long as I get there someday!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Newbie here! I don't know I've missed this thread in the past - I LOVE being active on the boards and the opportunity to make new friends in the process is one I can't pass up! I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with everyone, but I'll try.

My name is Dani, I'm 23 years old and have been on MFP for 2 years, but have only been active and losing weight successfully since January. This is the first time in my life I have ever lost weight [& will hopefully be the last], so every little change I see in my body is an exciting one. So far I've lost about 15lbs & my first big goal is to be 170lbs by Christmas. I'm a total believer in slow & steady wins the race and don't care how long it takes me to achieve my goals, as long as I get there someday!

Dania., welcome. I'm also in Corvallis!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. I had a pretty great day today. My hubby and I took the dogs to one of the nature walks in our area and had a nice hour long walk. After coming home my daughter asked if us and our son wanted to go to downtown Seattle and walk around and have some fun. I burned a ton of calories which was a nice bonus. My hubby and I went up on the new super high ferris wheel they put in down on one of the peirs on the waterfront. It was a lot of fun. After walking around a couple hours and buying a couple small things my daughter took us out to Red robin for dinner. Thank goodness for all the extra calories:laugh:
    Well I hope everyone had a great day. Cya all later:heart::drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @Robin - Welcome back. Glad to hear it was just a computer issue!

@susan - Have a wonderful visit with your folks. I know it will be a stressful week (isn't family fun?), but I hope you can relax and enjoy your time together.

@kaye - Congrats on the size 12s! I hope I see that size someday.

@humbleheart - Hope your hip is feeling better. Getting old sure isn't for sissies is it? I had a bone density recently and the tech shared with me that I have quite a bit of arthritis in my spine. Great.... one more thing to worry about.

@kah - Love your picture of Zoe in the suitcase. I think she wants to go on vacation with you.

@hansea - 4 lbs and you resisted chips?!? Great victories!!

AFM - had a low key weekend of laundry, grocery shopping and catching up on things. The weather was beautiful and I did get in a long walk on Saturday.

Exercise Goals:

Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch
    Tuesday - Yoga
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
    Thursday - Pilates
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
    Saturday - 3 mile minimum walk
    Sunday - Rest Day
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Thanks, everyone - Zoe is such a silly cat! She's being really clingy right now so think she knows something is up. She loves her pet sitter, so she'll have lots of attention while I'm gone. She'll either be really pissed at me when I get back or happy to see me. :laugh:

I just couldn’t make it by here yesterday, I had so much going on. I tried coming into work for a few hours, but apparently this place is locked up like a fortress on Sunday’s – this, of course, meant I had to come in early today. I’m sorry but coming to work an hour early on the 2nd day of daylight savings time is brutal! :yawn: Since I couldn’t get into the building I ran a couple of errands, started on laundry, met with trainer, and before I knew it the day was over! :noway:

@Kaye~Congrats on the size 12s – fantastic!

@Karen~Sounds like you had a lot of fun this weekend!

@Laurie~Congrats on the tri, you did great! I bet you were exhausted after that and all of the dancing, hope you have energy today. :wink:

@Tammy~Sounds like a fun day!

@Nettie~Hooray for new runners, I’ve never worn that brand before. Great job on your first day of c25k – remember not to do it every day, give yourself a day or two in between. I think you’ve got some great exercise goals!

Welcome to the newlings!

AFM~Got to the gym early yesterday, rode the bike for a bit and then met with my trainer – had a new PB with deadlifts (135#), 3 sets of that and I’m feeling it in my tookus already! He actually increased weight on everything yesterday, so I’m sure I’ll be feeling ALL of my muscles soon! :laugh: Tonight we’ll play racquetball. I’m pretty much in vacation mode now, just need to get through these next few days of work – vacation starts Friday, plane leaves very early Saturday morning. I'm hoping Princess lives up to their latest ad campaign and I "come back new." :tongue:

March Challenge:

1. 7/18 days 16 glasses of water or more
    2. 0/4 weeks of a new recipe (have one to share, need to make some time)
    3. 7/18 days at least 5 veggies and 2 fruit daily

Exercise Goals:
    Sunday~Session with trainer DONE!
    Monday~Racquetball with trainer
    Tuesday~Cardio? (May have to work late)
    Wednesday~Session with Trainer
    Thursday~Cardio? (May have to work late)
    Friday~None (pedicure and pack!)
    Saturday~None (embark Ship!!!)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Skinnyjeans, you're right I meant the comment for Robin....sorry!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday- I learned a lot this weekend while interacting with my teen. Let me say this public service announcement to parents who never thought about this.....How we allow people to treat us is how our kids will allow people to treat them.
    My mammogram came back good now I still have to take a full cancer screen but have to wait for the new insurance year first. I have to take these tests so early because lots of people in my family have cancer already my mom is 10 yr survivor but went into remission again in Feb.

@Jtconst- So you live close to Seattle? My son and I will be traveling there hopefully this summer. He actually wants to move there at some point.
    @LaurieK- Congrats on your Triathlon results