WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2105

Options

Replies

• FloriBamaGirl
    FloriBamaGirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello to all ladies. Congratulations to everyone for sharing your goals, feelings, heartache, struggles, and successes. My goal is to log in everyday and be accountable to food intake and exercise. I have a whole different attitude when I am connected to MyFitNessPal this time around. I love the community. My heart goes out to all you in the cold, it is supposed to be near 80 on Sunday here in Orlando.

Stephie
    Orlando, FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Feb 2015....smh (I am so late)
  • crazyDogLady61
    crazyDogLady61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What more could anyone ask for in February?

phzeu4q672jb.jpg
  • crazyDogLady61
    crazyDogLady61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok. There is beautiful rays of light highlighting a lovely dog.

fx14i4tcio8r.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    og- 36.38min, 9.09ap, 6.7-7.0speed, 4miles 359 cal
    rowing machine- 20min, 4447meters 184cal
    total cal 543
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well I worked today and then we went out shopping and looking for stuff.. we did buy a dishwasher 239.00 stainless.will see if my brother can install it...looking at stainless sinks for the kitchen and I like the faucet sprayer together.. DH likes those too, but him being his anal self he wants one with a soap dispenser.. well we will still hunting for something we like.but got a bargain on the dishwasher.. we went to sears outlet and found a wall microwave oven, would fit perfectly in the spot where the wall oven is.. but it is 625.00. and he thinks thats way to much for a microwave.
    here is my thinking 1- we use the microwave ALL the time...2- I could see if we werent going to buy a range with an oven already in it.. but the inside of this thing is huge,, you could cook all sorts of stuff in it..
    and to get a 24" electric wall oven is over $ 2,000..
    lordy this process is giving me a headache, but it will look good in the end.. we have snow,sleet and freezing rain overnight into tomorrow, oh joy and another few storms as of next week.. we are just getting hammered..
    still cant go visit DFIL still under quaranteen.. he hasnt gotten sick yet though so thats good.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Sunday here and cardio only and re-feed day.
    Decided on Jillian's BR cardio 1 before breakfast, walk round our own tracks after lunch = 296. Food = 1769
    Felt weird NOT seeing Mildred asking for bacon this morning.
    Sunday is the day we went for a drive and doggy walk, but Stan does not feel up to it so staying home.
    A lovely day here
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Patty. I use to be on here all the time but have been away for awhile. Haven't had home internet. I am still working my full time job, personal training and teaching water aerobics. I haven't gained any weight but still can't seem to lose. I am really going to buckle down, log, and get away from sugar and flour again. I could sure use some support. I've missed you all.
    Here in Cincinnati it has done some major snowing and I shoveled my driveway and sidewalk twice.
    Good to be back, Patty
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Just checking in and marking my place. For the first time in weeks, I felt like exercising today. It wasn't a lot, but did manage some squats and I think I will hit my 11,000 steps before bedtime. Food intake started off good, but then I made some low calorie banana muffins. I ate all of them. :blush: I should have the calories gone before I go to bed, but I really don't like it when I screw up like that.

Spot was acting as if she wanted to go outside this afternoon so I opened the back door. She hopped right out the door so I stayed within sight of the door so I could let her back in when she came back. I nearly jumped out of my skin when she started scratching at the FRONT door! But, it made me happy that she knows which door is hers.

I've had a cold sore pretty much all week. TODAY, I get the cold! I think that is just a little backwards, but I guess backwards is standard for me. :grinning: Actually, it could be just allergies because I don't feel bad. Hope it stays that way!

Patty, it is really good to see you back!

Off to get those last steps in...

Carol in NC
  • rasugo
    rasugo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I have been logging on MFP for 95 days in a row but I have lost only 4 pounds!! I tried to stick to my calories goal and exercise but I have found my self sabotaging all my purposes, specially during weekends. My job is really demanding and stressful and usually I have found myself relieving my anxious with something to eat. no easy!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies,

Car wouldn't start........it did on the cold really frozen days (not that I tried to drive it anywhere) but this am when it was a balmy 30......no. Needs battery or starter maybe, always something. I was supposed to pick up my friend Goldy (her car hasn't even been cleaned off yet) for yoga this am so we both missed yoga. The new storm has so far gone north of us, supposed to get some rain durng the night. DD came home after am barn work, kidnapped me, and we went to center city and she got Gemma (who is doing fantastic, btw....a very loving sweet dog, just perfect, we really lucked out!!!) a fancy collar. It's a wide one called something like "martingale" style. I keep telling DD she needs to save her money for school but...........well, live and learn. Then she went off with a friend and left the car she uses for me to go grocery shopping which I did. Had a nap in there somewhere and a stop at Trader Joe's too when we were in town. Got more of those roasted coconut chips (good fiber and yum!!) and a package of chili spiced dried mango pieces......tried them, jury still out on these. Still eating up the veg. soup I made the other day. Bought a beef roast for tomorrow and may end up using leftovers of that for beef barley soup. Love my soups!!!

Sharon......Well, I am glad you all read her info........it means no surprises in court that might cause an over emotional reaction and you have time to calmly prepare a rebuttal for each and every lie.

Kim........Wow, 35 miles....WTG!!! Epsom salts with lavender soak would be a good idea for those sore muscles, perhaps?

Katla...........Cantering with or w/o a lunge line; wow, just look at you go!!! Wonderful! Major impressed here!!! Good luck to your instructor with her vet tech schooling; sounds like she's found her passion!

Heather..........I am a morning peak person too.

Meg.......Hi! Nice to see you back! Sounds like you and DH are doing a good job holding the line with a sad situation. I'm sorry work is not going better for you.....a pox on the nasty person.

G'nite all.......although, thanks to the nap, I'm probably up a while!
    Hunger is not an emergency.
    Determined.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm sitting in the recliner listening to Spot barking his fool head off in the back yard. Oddly, the other two don't seem curious. That is very strange.

Went to the studio this morning and hubby helped me load my kiln. It is stuffed to the gills with bowls for the kids empty bowls project. Not sure it will work though, because I had gotten a bad batch of clay that had tiny pieces of junk in it that didn't show up until it was bisque fired. Tomorrow I'll see how bad it really is, but I expect to lose quite a few. Hubby was a huge help, with lifting and bending over. Yesterday I was scraping my kiln shelves which turned out to be harder work than I thought, so I strained my incisions a little. Still a little sore from that today.

My son has the flu, on top of his lung problems, PLUS he fell and hurt his back, so he's not feeling too well today. I ran errands for him, and took the girls to and from their Girl Scout cookie sales at the mall.

Hubby and I went to dinner at the local steak house. I had a pork chop cooked with no seasoning and I had brought my own shaker of Mrs Dash Spicy table blend. It was yummy. Then we went to Home Depot. That's our date night thrill, Home Depot. Bought a mop bucket. Romantic, huh?

The dogs have been tracking in mud so I mopped the kitchen and mud room. Now I have go go wash the dishes by hand because the dishwasher was giving of kind of an electrical burning smell earlier. We need to have a repairman come take a look at it. We don't want to burn the house down.

Jan, sorry about your car not starting. I'm so glad to hear that Gemma is doing well. We have to get Martingale collars or Molly. She's a pinhead ( tiny head, big neck) so no other collar will stay on her.

Meg, so sorry about the knee and the baby issues. And the jerk at work. Such stress! Hang in there.

Rasugo, sorry to hear you are struggling. Tell us more about the stresses you are under. Maybe we can help.

Good night everyone!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's joke of the day:

:)

A pilot is flying a small single engine plane with a lot of really important execs on board into Seattle airport. There is fog so thick that visibility is 10m, and his instruments are out. He circles looking for a landmark and after an hour, he is low on fuel and his passengers are very nervous.

At last, through a small opening in the fog he sees a tall building with one guy working alone on the fifth floor.

Circling, the pilot banks and shouts through his open window: "Hi, where am I?"

The solitary office worker replies: "You're in an airplane."

The pilot executes a swift 275 degree turn and executes a perfect blind landing on the runway five miles away. Just as the plane stops, the engines cough and die from lack of fuel. The stunned passengers asked the pilot how he did it.

"Simple," replies the pilot, "I asked the guy in that building a simple question. The answer he gave me was 100 percent correct but absolutely useless; therefore, that must be Microsoft's support office, and from there, the airport is just 5 miles away on a bearing of 87 degrees!"

:D
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :D I survived a day long meeting where I was one of the major presenters and I had to listen carefully to everyone else as well as interacting with people during the breaks and lunch. I got up early to walk the dogs as long as possible, brought some of my own food and stayed away from the muffins, cookies, white bread, and deli meat. I made it to my step goal by walking around the house while on the phone when I got home and walking back and forth in front of the TV.

smiley-sleep012.gif.See you in the morning.

<3 Barbie from the sunny North Olympic Peninsula
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Kathy Smith Peel off the Pounds pilates DVD today. Went to Wynn Dixie hoping they'd have red sweet grapefruit like they had last year, but this year they aren't as red. I just had 1/2 of one and it isnt as sweet. But I'll eat it anyway. Then went to Publix to see if they had red grapefruit. Got some there along with some apples and pears.

Then had to run to Staples. See, Vince downloads the frequencies that the drivers use from the computer, only what he had doesn't work with Windows 8 so we had to run to Staples to get the right connector. He's downloading the frequencies for tomorrow.

Met a friend of ours at the Speedway. Invited him to use my ticket to this race then called him to say that he would really be doing me a big favor if he came so that I could spend more time shopping. Went to the mall from about 2:30 until 7. Barbie - I probably vied with you for steps today!!! lol

Came home, had dinner.

Won't be doing any formal exercise tomorrow since Vince wants to be there around 9-9:30 which means we'll probably be leaving around 8. I'd like to get up, have breakfast, probably run to the store to get the paper (need those coupons!), then we'll probably leave.

Not much time today, will probably just skim the posts.

Welcome everyone new!

Joyce - how nice of you. I one time found about $75 in a food store, turned it in. Someone claimed it.

katla - don't ask me to explain it, but the reason we have to pay for a new vanity is because the water leak wasn't done on purpose. Yes, it IS a weird rule. The condo assoc pres. IS a great guy, he really looks out for the condos. He told us today that he spoke to the guy who is the rental agent and the agent doesn't feel that the owner of the other condo will pay. Oh well..... I guess it could have been worse. As for the noise -- we have scanners, so we can scan and listen to the drivers talking to their crewchiefs. The scanners have headphones which block out a lot of the noise. The scanners can also be tuned to the Nascar radio station instead of the drivers if you want, or you can opt to listen to one and then the other.

Loved the pictures

alison - our sink came with a soap dispenser and I've NEVER used it.

Patty - was wondering where'd you gone to!

Sorry for not responding to more. Want to take a quick shower and then get to bed.

Michele from NC now in FL and enjoying every second of it!
  • thlavallee1
    thlavallee1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fairly new to MyFitnessPal. Have 42 consecutive log ins. My goal is to lose 65 pounds and have already lost 12 pounds. I live in Belleview which is central Florida but am originally from Brooklyn, NY.

80354434.png

Good luck to all!!!

Congratulations on the logins and weight loss! Sounds like your doing great!

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Busy day, DGS made his first basket today and I got a picture of the ball dead center in the basketball hoop!

Meg - the Chicken fajita salad is really good and only about 250 calories, the chicken and cheese make up most of the calories and 2 c of lettuce makes a very satisfying meal.

Welcome to the new and returning ladies! Gotta go through have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Selena – how wonderful to re-unite a family! I can’t imagine how hard it would be if I lost my Levi.

Shower – door vs curtain… I have one of each… the curtain is on the tub/shower combo and the door on the shower only… My mom has a door on her tub/shower combo and my mom is the best house cleaner I know and it never looks 100% clean… throwing the curtain in the washer is the way to go!

Sharon – breathe!!! The best lawyer and good documentation should be the right answer.

Cindy – cooking for 1 or 2 is tough sometimes but I cook for more and put some in the freezer for another day.

Meg – the exercise you mention most is something that uses a lot of knee motion…have you considered other motions? Thinking one of the youtube videos of seated exercising or even thing like leg lifts – laying on your side… things that would not bend the knee but strengthen the mussels on the inside and outside of the leg?

Pip – your pup is so cute with the teddy bear!

Lesley – you and Stan are doing such a good job of grieving and supporting and finding joy… my thoughts are with you.

Patty – welcome home.

Yannie - a lavender soak – that is what I need!!! So will do that when I am done reading!!! Wish I had a hot tub!

Sylvia – the MS joke was spot on!

So a bit on my world… I walk with Levi (my dog) about 3 miles every day and have for months… so that is about 21 miles a week. I have joined a hiking group; this group hikes 5-10 miles of mostly hills 4-5 days a week… I will NOT be joining them much… but on Tuesday mornings is their “easy” hike 5 miles in 2 hours with a 800 foot up and 800 foot down elevation change, the time and location is convenient and they are really nice so I am doing that with them. There are dogs and cows on the hike with us so I cannot bring Levi (he is not good with other animals; but loves humans) Which means Tuesdays I do 5 miles with the group and 2-3 miles with Levi.. This week they had a flat walk planed on Friday; and it was in a location that I could bring Levi so we did 6 miles on Friday – silly dog was not even tired.

Joining this group was one of my homework assignments from my counselor - My goal is a group of local friends that are supportive and encouraging… my current group has some gems and some that are toxic, but I am social and need to have new folks to “replace” the ones I let go of. So far the hiking group has lots of potential! Time will tell, but it is good exercise.
    I have finding that this quantity of exercise is making me starving..and my current eating habits are not doing it. I feel back into some old bad habits this week and don’t want to repeat that. I really need some “grab it” food items that I can use to get me over the hunger IS an emergency feeling. – something that can be carried with me in the car and eaten while driving home.. as the drive has EVERY fast food joint and donut place known to man along the way…I have to get by them without stopping… and I am a quantity gal so the 10 nut serving is just not doing it for me… I need a big baggie of something! Ideas?????

Feb. goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Plan and do a fun thing every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well again I read and didn't keep notes so I will post from memory. So you guys are in trouble!

As far as swimsuits,will you actually be swimming or just sunbathing? We recently went to Panama City beach and I don't like to swim in the ocean so I bought a nice sleeveless sundress, ankle length and felt lovely. A lot of the ladies at the Y wear suits that have the skirts on them but I notice you are a bit younger so you may not want to do that. When we go to a water park close to us my daughters wear shorts and a t-shirt. Your daughters love you and wouldn't mind if you did that. You probably will never see the people on the cruise ship another time in a million lifetimes so who cares what they may tink of you. Have fun and be confident.

Love the dogs!!!!! Is that a collie or shelty?

We had heavy rain predicted for today and freezing rain. Last night we got the freezing rain and again I slept through it. When Charlie drove home from Karaoke he drove in it but did OK. So this afternoon and evening the temps have been in the mid 30's and it felt wonderful!!! So I didn't put my long underwear on. I did OK during the day but sitting here in my office slowing my brain down I was cool so I turned my portable heater on. My kitty cat likes that, But it is expected to be pretty cold during the night so the streets will all refreeze. Hopefully the church will have it's parking lot cleared. I missed last Sunday due to my own wanting to go back to bed and Wednesday was cancelled so I will really miss it if it is cancelled. My daughter's church has a big on line following and they are cancelling again for tomorrow and just telling everyone to watch it on line which means that the worship team has to be there. They advertise they have 3 churches, one in Lexington and one in Frankfort, Ky and then the one online because they have so many people around the world watch it live.

See you all tomorrow. Be good. Joyce, Indiana