Did I sabotage my diet plan?

Options
KirstyBorg
KirstyBorg Posts: 23 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
My gym instructor gave me a two week detox diet before we start intensive training. On day 2 my we had a chocolate fountain for my boss' birthday and I had loads. What do I do? Shall I skip lunch since I had loads of sugar and keep following the plan?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What's the detox plan you are on?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is your gym instructor qualified in nutrition?
    (Hint - it doesn't sound like they are!)

Would you go to a Dietician to assess your weightlifting technique?
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    I'm not on a soup diet! It's full of fish, veg, vitamins, fruit, fat free yogurt.
    Loads of healthy food to to prepare me for workouts for my joints and muscles
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    ...keep following the plan?
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You should detox by getting rid of your trainer for promoting a detox onto you. It's unnecessary and your body detoxes itself.

This
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    I'm on this diet plan for 2 weeks and after he is going to be my personal trainer with a completely different diet
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Unless you have consumed poisons or heavy metals, there is no such thing as detoxification.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Unless the gym instructor has a certification in nutrition, giving a diet plan is beyond the scope of his practice and illegal. If he does, then yes - just put the mistake behind you and get back on track.
  • mrvikingman
    mrvikingman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a perfectly healthy diet, so I'd keep following that. But your gym instructor calling it a "detox" seems a bit, odd.
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    just from personal experience i have done 'detoxs' and 'paleo' and 'atkins'. i even attempted a juice fast. made it 3 days. none of them stuck. anything that tries to completely remove food u love wont stick. it's good to eat more healthy, but u don't want something that makes u feel like u completely failed because u ate a food not on they're list. just my two cents! good luck , you don't have to be perfect, as long as your moving forward
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    Thanks ;)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The fact you find it necessary to relabel it after being informed of the uselessness of a detox is telling.

Exactly what is in this "diet"?

Water retention is part of the muscular repair and glycogen replenishment cycles.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts

It is difficult to explain ideas like 'water retention' in healthy people. It seems like he is using a lot of quasi-scientific terminology. If you truly have 'water retention', it needs serious medical intervention and diet is unlikely to cure it. Don't take it too seriously.
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.
    But it seems like a lot of people are very negative and a bit aggressive too.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself
  • KirstyBorg
    Options
    Thanks musicandarts
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The only negativity here is directed towards a personal trainer who has no business giving nutrition advice.