Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    MrM27, that post is exactly my point.

You, presented with zero information on the suggested diet - for all you know, the "detox" could have been "sign up with MFP and eat the calories suggested" - say to fire the trainer, which for somebody lost and confused is easily read as "fire your trainer who you are probably paying lots of money for because you hired an idiot, and therefore, you yourself are probably an idiot."

It's not helpful, in any way.

You don't even know if the trainer is the one who used the word detox! It's such a hot buzz word in every magazine and TV show that for all we know, the trainer suggested a diet and the OP or someone else labeled it a detox. We know so few facts here (a fault of the OP, to be fair) that the criticism here is unjustified. I think it is fair to critique the lack of information, but not fair to criticism what you GUESS that information to be.

Except you're wrong:
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)

Except my comment was with regards to the second post in this entire thread. Thanks for coming out.

1227466172873.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Am I the only one totally grossed out by food fountains? I'm not a germaphobe, but I can't stop thinking that the fountains are a hotbed of herpes or something.

Don't invite dirty people to your fountain.

This made my day.

If they are clean, clothing optional might be a thing.

I eat clean so I'm good right?

fo sho, we'll hit a full body wax session first, to get in the frame of mind for chocolate.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't miss a meal to make up for the choc fountain - just continue on with the plan. Mistakes will happen during this period and realistically the rest of your life so its nothing in the scheme of things

To appease most people on here I would suggest calling it a 'healthy eating plan' :)

I'm doing something similar myself. My plan is 19 days long and includes 18 hour fasts, high and low carb days and a cheat day thrown in here and there! I'm eating a much healthier diet with no processed food at all until I have a cheat day

Good luck to you!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one totally grossed out by food fountains? I'm not a germaphobe, but I can't stop thinking that the fountains are a hotbed of herpes or something.

Now I'm wondering how many of my friends have herpes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Where did that person who called everyone dickheads go? and the comment?

The comment was properly removed, and so were any quotes of it. Well done.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options

You, presented with zero information on the suggested diet - for all you know, the "detox" could have been "sign up with MFP and eat the calories suggested" - say to fire the trainer, which for somebody lost and confused is easily read as "fire your trainer who you are probably paying lots of money for because you hired an idiot, and therefore, you yourself are probably an idiot."

You don't even know if the trainer is the one who used the word detox! It's such a hot buzz word in every magazine and TV show that for all we know, the trainer suggested a diet and the OP or someone else labeled it a detox. We know so few facts here (a fault of the OP, to be fair) that the criticism here is unjustified. I think it is fair to critique the lack of information, but not fair to criticism what you GUESS that information to be.

Except you're wrong:
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)

Except my comment was with regards to the second post in this entire thread. Thanks for coming out.

So the fact that he based his opinion on his experience on the forums and turned out to be correct is null. Got it.

All praise to the mighty MrM27, who is infallible in his prophecies and proclamations!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Except you're wrong:

1227466172873.gif

I cannot stop laughing at this.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Except you're wrong:

So the fact that he based his opinion on his experience on the forums and turned out to be correct is null. Got it.

All praise to the mighty MrM27, who is infallible in his prophecies and proclamations!

Do you actually feel things that swoosh right over your head? Or are they too far above you?
  • Zedeff
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

This made my day.

I'm still waiting for your response.

This is my 2nd post in the thread. My 2nd post, not the overall 2nd post. Is this advice that is useful????
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts

Water retention is a natural thing and it's necessary. Seeing the weight drop on the scale because you lose water weight isn't the same as losing fat.

Appropriate nutrition comes on a day to day basis leading to being healthy overall. Not just 2 weeks. You do your training now and eat in order to meet proper nutrition markers now. No jumpstart needed.

Preparing your body for intensive workouts comes with conditioning yourself through workouts, not nutrition.
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.
    But it seems like a lot of people are very negative and a bit aggressive too.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

Helping you understand the truth isn't negativity.

I misunderstood your initial comment and went to the second post, not YOUR second post. I agree that your second post is useful and I think that posts like that make this a better community.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

This made my day.

if you're eating clean..what do you want with a chocolate caramel fountain?
  • Zedeff
    Options

This made my day.

if you're eating clean..what do you want with a chocolate caramel fountain?

What I do with the fountain is between me and god.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It is common to associate detox to a soup or juice diet which isn't the case here. It is just a 2 weeks plan to get my body full of the right nutrition sit needs to have great workouts without harming muscles and keeping me fit to workout more.

I don't think people are trying to be negative but just warning you that if this is part of his methodology, you may want to explore some other options. I personally wouldn't trust a trainer that prescribed something like that. 1) he's using the word detox wrong and even if it were accurate, I wouldn't trust a trainer that thinks a detox is needed. 2) It literally makes no sense to put you on a plan where you eat the same thing multiple times a day for 2 weeks. 3) This really points to a probability that he prescribes to a lot of inaccurate assumptions about weight loss. 4) His diet has already encouraged troublesome thinking that has you believing you failed.

Many people have to go through multiple trainers to find the right one. There are unfortunately ones out there that don't cut it.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Except you're wrong:

Do you actually feel things that swoosh right over your head? Or are they too far above you?

image.png?w=400&c=1

• Zedeff
    Options

This made my day.

This is my 2nd post in the thread. My 2nd post, not the overall 2nd post. Is this advice that is useful????
    Ok! Let's not call it 'detox ' but a 2 week diet to get rid of water retention and to have appropriate nutrition for intensive workouts

Water retention is a natural thing and it's necessary. Seeing the weight drop on the scale because you lose water weight isn't the same as losing fat.

Appropriate nutrition comes on a day to day basis leading to being healthy overall. Not just 2 weeks. You do your training now and eat in order to meet proper nutrition markers now. No jumpstart needed.

Preparing your body for intensive workouts comes with conditioning yourself through workouts, not nutrition.
    Wow, I had this app for 2 years and I only recently started using the committee for support.

This is generic: if you don't have any positive criticism please keep your comments to yourself

I misunderstood your initial comment and went to the second post, not YOUR second post. I agree that your second post is useful and I think that posts like that make this a better community.

Okay, then we see that the OP decided to acknowledge only those that validated what she was doing while passing over all the posts giving good advice but you can't see how that makes posters that are able to give good advice a little more reluctant to actually give it? If the OP's didn't play that game then other people might not reply so often with sarcasm and in such a blunt approach.

I agree that the OP provided very little information and is open to critique for that reason, but I think you would also agree that the first page of comments is largely critical BEFORE that happened. Anyways, we seem to have reached some level of agreement, which makes this an impasse in our argumentative discussion, and we can't have that. Should we move on to abortion next? Personally I think everyone should have one. Don't knock it till you try it, right?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

This made my day.

Okay, then we see that the OP decided to acknowledge only those that validated what she was doing while passing over all the posts giving good advice but you can't see how that makes posters that are able to give good advice a little more reluctant to actually give it? If the OP's didn't play that game then other people might not reply so often with sarcasm and in such a blunt approach.

I agree that the OP provided very little information and is open to critique for that reason, but I think you would also agree that the first page of comments is largely critical BEFORE that happened. Anyways, we seem to have reached some level of agreement, which makes this an impasse in our argumentative discussion, and we can't have that. Should we move on to abortion next? Personally I think everyone should have one. Don't knock it till you try it, right?

epic backtrack is epic...
  • Zedeff
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

This made my day.

epic backtrack is epic...

In what way is that backtracking? I posted the exact same comment about 3 pages back saying that the OP didn't provide enough information and should be criticized for it. Go back and read my comments friendo!