20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• tyndall159
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

• tyndall159
    Options
    I'd like to do this challenge I struggle with motivation and staying on track. I go up and down all the time and it has been frustrating!! So... What is your secret!! Lol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tyndall159 wrote: »
    I'd like to do this challenge I struggle with motivation and staying on track. I go up and down all the time and it has been frustrating!! So... What is your secret!! Lol

smiley-cool05.gif There are many "secrets". The first is that this is a lifetime journey to health and fitness. The second is never never never give up. The third is to take this journey one day at a time and be open-minded to new ideas.

:D Barbie

• kamzzzzi
    Options
    I'd love to join! Only four and a half weeks left till easter, but I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs before that. I'm currently at 144.5 lbs, and I think my ultimate goal is around 130 lbs(I'm pretty short btw).

First time being active in this community:)

Keep going ya'll!!
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - I've been tied up the last few days and just now got caught up reading all your wonderful and helpful posts!

Thank you to all who shared prayers, thoughts and wishes for Frank. The doctor said they can do the palliative radiation and will start next week. The bad news is that the tumor in his lung has spread into his nearest rib bone, so the overall news was not good.

However, we are determined to get through this with grace and humor, and Frank took the news better than I did. It's a hard thing to lose a brother you finally got back a few years ago after he lived decades with an extreme alcohol addiction. I have had the humorous, loving brother I grew up with back again, and if it can only be for this short time, I am still grateful! Thanks again for all the love and support!

Cristina, thank you for the smoothie recipe - I am going to try it today if possible; it sounds delicious.

Ray, your stir fry sounds like DINNER to me! Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations to everyone who has lost - so happy to see so many great reports <3:D<3

Welcome to Laura, Lisa, Graybon and Healthylady, and all of the newest members to this great team!

Blessings to everyone, wherever you go and whatever you do today.

Belinda
    Plymouth MI

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Belinda sorry about the bad news on your brother. enjoy what time you have with him.
    I have lost two brothers with cancer of some sort. I still have one younger brother left.

you have been with us almost from the beginning. and I appreciate you being so faithful. You are very delicates
    marie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Started weights today. Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow.

being sore is a good thing....as you know know you are using muscles your body has forgotten!!

Good luck and keep us all posted!!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Yay. I lost .4 lbs so I'm finally at a nice round 10 lb weight lose.

SW 181
    CW 171
    GW 160

Woo hoo!!

I'm doing the happy dance for you!!

Keep up the good work!!

• kamzzzzi
    Options
    How often do you go on the scale? :) do you have a set day and time for it?
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, We got some freezing rain last night and highways are bad with wrecks everywhere. It is supposed to be above freezing by noon.

Weigh in this AM: down .5 lb. I will gladly take, it takes a lot of work for me to lose a half pound!!!

SW: 149
    CW: 143.9
    GW: 125
    TL : 5.1
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    kamzzzzi wrote: »

Welcome Kamzzzzi~ everyone just chooses their own weigh in day, but I'm sure we all do 1st thing in the Morning ;) I do Mondays to try to keep me honest over the weekend....... Then we post our stats to the group. The week of April 6 we are each going to post our challenge total losses and add them together for a giant grand total :D. Then we'll be on our way to the next challenge.... Fit by the Fourth I think, with our goal to lose 20 by July 4th

Best of luck <3

Tami
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I cannot lose 20 pounds, but I wanted to wish you all good luck and success!
  • Doviene
    Doviene Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the challenge but have been with MFP for 51 days.
    My start weight was 253, I'm Now 239. Need all the help and encouragement I can get. I'm a grandma raising 2 grand children... Who (kiddos) is getting tired of the"healthy" food we have been having, so this past week has been hectic on the weight loss. Sounds like I'm blaming the lil ones... what a horrible grandma.. So I need to figure out what angle to take. Cook what they like then cook something for myself........ Grrr frustrated... I have been losing every week except this week... Any help on my frustration.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Oh my haven't been here since sat. so had lots of readidng to do. But all caught up.

Connie
    The bra is a great measuring tool. They say when you buy one make it fit in the first set of loops so you can see yourself get to the third one.

Kenea
    If ever you can't get to zumba there's lots on u tube.

Childers
    the yogurt is very good for you but cut back on the bread. Hard but doable.

Connie
    Very nice 9 consecutive loses in a row. That's great.

Belinda
    Enjoy your brother for whatever time you have remaining with him. You need to think the past is the past forgive and forget. Just like our weight yes we did it to us. But we need to forgive and forget.

Well trying something not new i've tried before and failed. Trying low carbing.
    I love my bread so finding it very hard. But I need to get my blood sugars regulated.
    Tomorrow is tops I will be back with my weight then.

See you all lighter.
    Linda in freezing Northern Ontario.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'd love to join! Only four and a half weeks left till easter, but I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs before that. I'm currently at 144.5 lbs, and I think my ultimate goal is around 130 lbs(I'm pretty short btw).

First time being active in this community:)

Keep going ya'll!!
    Welcome Kam .....Sand got it right. except don't know for sure what we will call the 4th of July challenge. going to leave that up to my partner Connie.

Welcome to all of our newcomers. lad to have you on board.

marie

• kamzzzzi
    Options

Welcome Kamzzzzi~ everyone just chooses their own weigh in day, but I'm sure we all do 1st thing in the Morning ;) I do Mondays to try to keep me honest over the weekend....... Then we post our stats to the group. The week of April 6 we are each going to post our challenge total losses and add them together for a giant grand total :D. Then we'll be on our way to the next challenge.... Fit by the Fourth I think, with our goal to lose 20 by July 4th

Best of luck <3

Tami

Awesome :) Might do monday as well so I have a reason to stay focused over the weekend!

I've lost these lbs before, and got down to around 135 before I just magically startet binging, feeling unhappy and lost all focus. So I'm really annoyed at myself for that.

Looking forward to the first week of april to find out how much we've lost in total, that is such a good idea:)!

Good luck to you too!!
    (BTW, I'm not a native english/american speaker, so I apologize for any nasty grammar mistakes)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Belinda-so sorry for the bad news on your brothers diagnose. My prayers will be with you and your family.
    Connie-you have lost almost 11lbs, so far, that is wonderful, you are so energetic, doing all of your activities, you have a routine and it seems to really be working for you. It is motivational.
    Weather is still cold with snow and ice on the ground, been this way for awhile. Be careful Marie, I see there is ice causing wrecks in Texas, and dont fall on it, I almost have lately.
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just attended my first Zumba class here at work. I absolutely hate Zumba but I told a coworker I would go with her. Even though it was a good workout, its just not for me. Every now and again I like to try something different. I usually go to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) with Tabata during my lunch hour.

I have a FitBit Charger HR and it said I was able to reach my 10,000 step goal much earlier in the day than I usually do because of Zumba. Anyway, I'm feeling good for stepping outside my norm today!!
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    Started weights today. Hope I'm not too sore tomorrow.

being sore is a good thing....as you know know you are using muscles your body has forgotten!!

Good luck and keep us all posted!!

Well I'm not sore at all. Guess I need to lift heavier. I don't like being sore, but oh well if it will make me stronger.
  • chipgraff
    chipgraff Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Chip, and I realize I am quite late to the party, I just started using the site last week, but I am down 4 pounds since I started, so pretty excited. I'm definitely looking for wonderful people to help motivate me, and this seems like an amazing group to be apart of. Mind if I join? Not sure if I'll reach the 20 by Easter, but I am going full steam ahead! Oh and as for your 4th of July challenge, which I think is an awesome one, how would the title Fireworks for Fat- Burners strike you? I think it has a nice ring to it :) Either way, I look forward to getting to know you all if you will have me. Have a wonderful day!