Online Dating

Options

Replies

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What should we do to lay a positive impact on the first online date?
    You know first impact is so crucial in online dating. If you loose it, you might not find a second chance
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hell don't ask me, I'm not having much luck.
  • brittany_812
    brittany_812 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on an online dating site... Accept not for relationships... More of the hookup/hangout type... POF anyone? Neither of us was looking for something serious but we definitely found it
  • leah0750
    leah0750 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Never went on a date where the guy didn't express immediately that he was just there to have sex. Online dating is terrible!
  • needernt
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    needernt wrote: »
    What should we do to lay a positive impact on the first online date?
    You know first impact is so crucial in online dating. If you loose it, you might not find a second chance

I think you should wear that outfit you're pictured in. It's straightforward, informative and machine washable.

I like simplicity
    But what is the role of machine washability in online dating?
  • needernt
    Options
    I think the best advice to attract a girl can be heard from another girl.
  • needernt
    Options
    Hell don't ask me, I'm not having much luck.

You are good looking. Keep searching.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    newmeadow he isn't from here originally and english is probably his 2nd language. I don't think he is picking up on your sarcasm lol.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    all of my online dating experiences have been good. then again, i play video games with people online for a good week or so before i agree to meet in person, so i take a good amount of time to scope them out first and make sure they're not some creepy entitled neckbeard with anger problems.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Never dated online, but thanks for the warning, guys. :o
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I met my wife on a (more local) message board with an "anybody want to go fishing" post.
    That's so sweet!
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    all of my online dating experiences have been good. then again, i play video games with people online for a good week or so before i agree to meet in person, so i take a good amount of time to scope them out first and make sure they're not some creepy entitled neckbeard with anger problems.

Like you meet them in the game first or you meet them on a dating site and then make them play video games? What if they don't have the game you have? Or are you talking like mobile games like words with friends?
  • needernt
    Options
    newmeadow he isn't from here originally and english is probably his 2nd language. I don't think he is picking up on your sarcasm lol.

:o
  • gmorales06
    gmorales06 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This was great, I can relate to so many of the crazy stories. I've been online dating for about a year and a half..

I did fall madly in love with a man I met of POF, sadly it went sour real quick..

The craziest one was a guy who took to a basketball game and pretended to be my 'husband' wanted to take a million and one pictures of us.. asked random people to do it- I was embarrassed.. on our way back to the car he started to share with me his past 'naughty' experiences with men (he claimed to be military) and if I was interested in partaking in the festivities, he also talked about his ex-wife (mother of his child) in a nasty way, made her seem like a lunatic which in essence it was him.. I couldn't run away fast enough..

Now if there was only a way for me to delete those pictures of his phone.. ugh.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    After six months on Match.com, OKCupid, JDate, I'm pretty fed up with men over 60, who, for the most part, are not looking for a woman in their own age range.

start going for younger men
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.

I tried online dating mostly because IRL I would really get friendzoned... just became "one of the guys"... :sad:

I'm glad I did tho, found the love of my life. :heart_eyes:
    pudadough wrote: »
    MomOfRose wrote: »
    MomOfRose wrote: »
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Question: how many of you have trouble figuring out what to share when? One of the tough things for me in early communication is trying to avoid revealing too much too early while also not being purposely dodgy. It's a struggle to answer some of those ice-breaker questions early on ("Tell me about your family" and "Why haven't you been married?") when the honest answer can be quite complicated (and potentially TMI).

I had this dilemna when I was pregnant (as a surrogate). How much to explain on the profile vs. when to bring it up when messaging back and forth. I didn't want to arrange a meeting for coffee and show up visibly pregnant and have to explain as quickly as possible before he ran off. But when I put on my profile that I was pregnant, I got messages from MANY guys wanting me to send them pics of my bare baby bump. Or asking if I could still have sex. Or asking if my milk had come in yet.

You were worrying about dating while you were pregnant???????Srsly?

I wasn't "worried" about dating while I was pregnant as a surrogate. That's like worrying about dating while I'm donating blood, or while I'm out singing karaoke, or while I'm reading a book. Why should doing something I enjoy or something that is part of who I am prevent me from dating? My first surrogacy I started dating a guy when I was in my first month of pregnancy. We broke up for reasons unrelated to pregnancy 2 months after I delivered.

My only concern was at what point in the dating process I should bring it up to potential suitors.

I don't think you get my point. But I do think most people should know immediately.

No being a surrogate is not like donating blood etc. Having a kid whether it is yours or not is way more life changing to the other person than just doing something randomly like donating blood or singing karaoke.

Me being a guy and let's say I had recently broke up with a woman who was pregnant with my child. I think the other person should know that right away because it will affect them too and their choice to want to be with me.

As long as a woman is okay with dating a guy, whom has a child; it shouldn't matter what stage of life that child is in. Whether said child is in the womb or out.

Beg to differ. I would date a man with kids. Have no issue with it (at my age it's hard to find guys who don't already have kids anyway.) I would NOT date a man with one still cooking. That is a serious life transition (whether he is still with the mother or not) and he needs to be focused on that rather than dating. For him to do otherwise seems irresponsible and makes him unappealing to me.

I know what you meant with the bolded part, but the only thing that came to my mind... :laugh:

junior-1994.jpg
  • VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    My question is why people try cyber dating when we can meet real people outside at work, at college, etc. and date there.

I'm a single mom with an office job. The only possible places I could meet a guy were at the gym (I'm not there to chit-chat) or at the grocery store. Online was an easy way to talk to guys when I had spare time right before bed.

Well, It all occurs to me that most of us use online dating because we miss the opportunity to be in real-world dating. otherwise we wouldn't choose this.
    So can we regard ourselves as unlucky people?
    Do you think online dating is really a date or mostly a way to chit chat and waste some time?
    Because to me as a guy in most cases it proves to be a waste of time. It doesn't have the seriousness of the real date.

It isn't the same as a real date at all, but I can se
    pudadough wrote: »
    Random interjection: I hate the term "friendzone." Guys get mad when you put them in the friendzone. It implies that they should be entitled to more just because they took the time to get to know you.

Guys who whine about being a "nice guy" generally really aren't.

Oh god yes, the friendzone thing. I hate that. And usually the ones that use that in a derogatory way (so clearly not Mark) are the same ones that tell you you are perfect and everything they're looking for -- that is, until you politely tell them you aren't interested in going there with them. Then you're an evil b**** that isn't good enough for them anyway. Lovely.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Because most people are too addicted to their cellulars, to notice anyone else. Even grocery shopping has become dangerous. All I hear is carts, crashing into something. I use to just be nervous around children pushing carts because since the weren't tall enough to see over the cart, they'd run the cart up my heels/ankles; it was a painful problem but now the adults with their cellular addiction, do it too.

Awe! Not necessarily... I just got back from a work trip, was away for a week and met another lady who we went out for dinner after work etc. Now, she was pretty but not *drop dead gorgeous* super sweet, great personality...and I swear, everywhere we went, guys were all over her. And I realized...a HUGE part of is was that she is such a major flirt! I wanted to take notes or something LoL!!!

In contrast, I am a HORRIBLE flirt. Not only that, I can't even tell if Im being flirted with. "He was such a nice guy! So cute too!" is my impression, while everyone around me is like...he was coming onto you so hard! Why didnt you say anything?! I just really suck at throwing off or picking up on the clues. A guy has to pretty much flat out tell me he'd like to take me out or something for me to realize hes interested in me. My friends say Im eternally hopeless.

Online though, I can be super clever, witty, charming, all that fun stuff! Then by the time we meet, its already established there is an interest and things can take off from there.
  • 1Hunie
    1Hunie Posts: 176
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    A guy has to pretty much flat out tell me he'd like to take me out or something for me to realize hes interested in me. My friends say Im eternally hopeless.

Unfortunately, I am the same way! Oh he likes me? Who knew?!

• LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Never dated online but the thought always intrigued me. Especially the relationships started online that actually end up going somewhere. :0)