Online Dating

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I met this guy online, and we met up a few weeks later for our first date at a concert. My girlfriends thought that was an awful first date, but I'm different from some girls and thought it was a cool idea. We meet up at the venue and grab some food and a few beers at a bar next door. It was great -- conversation was awesome, we made each other laugh, it was all really easy and natural for us. We head back to the venue, go in, have a great time. It ends, and we leave and start the long walk to our cars in the parking lot. He stopped me halfway there to kiss me, and it was an awesome kiss. Everything was perfect. We get to his car and he starts having a panic attack about driving home. He wants to go home with me. I'm nowhere near being comfortable with that, but I offer to drive him home and then he can pick his car up with someone tomorrow. He collapses to the ground in tears and starts sobbing, asking me why I don't trust him...?? I couldn't figure out if this was some crazy attempt at going home with a girl or if he genuinely was freaked out. Then he threw up on my shoes. I was really grossed out but also felt so bad for him, I asked him if I could call anyone for him. He begged me again to take him home with me so he could buy me new shoes tomorrow. I again say no. He finally asks me if I can get his mom's number out of his phone and call her to come get him. He was 30 at the time, but his 70-something year old mother drove into the city of Atlanta to pick up her slightly unbalanced son regardless. I stayed with him until she got there to make sure he was okay, and she apologized to me and told me that he was "a sensitive boy."

I still feel really bad for the guy, but that was CRAZY.

I wonder if his drinks had some kind of drug in them :/
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I met a guy on POF who seemed really nice. We had been seeing each other for 6 weeks or so. We're at a restaurant and his phone is ringing off the hook but he keeps letting it go to vm. Then all of a sudden his face drops and he says to me, pretend you're my assistant. And his WIFE shows up at the table. The dude was married. And then asked me to pretend I was his assistant, as if.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's do MFP the Bachelor. I have decided I would be the perfect candidate for this. So, each of you ladies will vy for my undivided attention on individual dates each weekend.

Since I am such a hot commodity, you must pay for your own flight here to Texas in order for the chance for my love!

who-s-coming-with-me-man-o.gif
  • VintageMisery514
    VintageMisery514 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's do MFP the Bachelor. I have decided I would be the perfect candidate for this. So, each of you ladies will vy for my undivided attention on individual dates each weekend.

Since I am such a hot commodity, you must pay for your own flight here to Texas in order for the chance for my love!

who-s-coming-with-me-man-o.gif

ExIqChP.gif
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    OlQYhZeIxwop2.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    invited me out to dinner (wasnt anything fancy but i was up for meeting someone new), picked me up in his pick up, drove to the next block, unzipped his pants, pulled out his willy, and asked me to suck it. Shortest date EVER!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I met a guy on POF who seemed really nice. We had been seeing each other for 6 weeks or so. We're at a restaurant and his phone is ringing off the hook but he keeps letting it go to vm. Then all of a sudden his face drops and he says to me, pretend you're my assistant. And his WIFE shows up at the table. The dude was married. And then asked me to pretend I was his assistant, as if.

LOL did you or did you blow his cover?
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was involved in online dating for 4 years and have given up. I have had many terrible date stories but so as to not stay here all night I'll simplify. The classic quick private part picture texts as if I'm going to be impressed. You've seen one, you've seen all. I met a guy who asked for my home address close to Valentines Day, I thought he was going to send flowers, he sent packages to my house with different credit card billing information. He then wanted me to send him the packages. I had to pay to send them back to the companies. The last date I went on said he had one child then when we met in person he said he had another son 5 months old with a different baby momma. He was also still living with her. My hall of shame!
  • abbycassidy1
    Options
    I have done a fair bit of internet dating over the last 10 years or so, I have had quite a few men, mainly from the states travel to where I am after talking for 3 - 6 months. They had to get there own hotel room and whatnot. I met, and fell crazy in love with an amazing man....... we were together for five years. He was from Washington DC, me Vancouver BC Canada, over 4,000 miles, we traveled back and forth ........ he was a gorgeous black man, me pale face white woman, but that was the lesser of our problems. It was the distance that finally tore us apart, its been 5 years now, we still talk, still love each other, but neither one of us enough to leave our families and careers............... I have met some obnoxious men, men that were in it only for the sex, married men even though I stressed no married men, over and over!!! You just have to really know your stuff, know how to screen, talk to them for a long time before meeting, there are ways you can find out if a person is a liar the first time you speak with them, it goes both ways, men lie, women lie. Best bet is to be honest from the get go .......... and be very careful. The site I met my guy on was interracial dating.com ............... there are good, and bad people.
  • Yogagirl2195
    Options
    I've heard so many stories of online dating both good and bad I don't know what to think...haven't tried it
  • abbycassidy1
    Options
    I believe it's worth trying, just air on the side of caution, always, in real life and online dating, that is for all of us! It is worth it, and you can, indeed find true love, may take awhile, but it is worth it :D
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Oh I was sure to tell her what a pig her husband was. Her and I are friends now. At least something positive came from it.

• tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    invited me out to dinner (wasnt anything fancy but i was up for meeting someone new), picked me up in his pick up, drove to the next block, unzipped his pants, pulled out his willy, and asked me to suck it. Shortest date EVER!

Seriously, wtf? It reminds me of that move in HIMYM where the guy stripped down naked when Robin stepped out the room. Because, hey if you make a woman feel awkward, they just might put out....And even if only works 1-2 times out of 10, you're still getting laid once in awhile, right?

But your scenario is even worse b/c clearly the intention was going to be a one-way exchange. EW!

ETA: I had a good male friend in college who asked his best friend to give me a ride home since we lived 20 minutes apart. It was about a 4 hour trip and he whipped it out about an hour in - I refused to oblige. I told my friend about it and the next time he was home he went to the guy's house, rang the doorbell, and punched him the face. Incidentally, the pervert's Dad was the chief of police...
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Oh I was sure to tell her what a pig her husband was. Her and I are friends now. At least something positive came from it.

Did she leave him?

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It turns out online dating is not as bad as I thought. It works for some people at least. But do you think it is the best way to find your mate? What is the best option if you had choice?
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Online dating?
    who does that

I have :D Was very successful twice so far, long term relationships, but both were total randomness. Just met through online video games or in chatrooms. Every time I've actually *tried* to date online for real, awful failures XD

• nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OMG here we go.

I suggested starbucks and he says "Oh no their coffee is too expensive!" - straight away I thought cheapskate so then I suggested "how bout this place here (takeaways) they have coffee here for only a dollar". He agreed, went to order our coffees then turned around, put his hand out and said "so have you got a dollar for your coffee?"

I kid you not

Made me feel cheaper than a two-dollar hooker

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »

Then I started getting the drunk texts about how hard it is to work as an assassin for the CIA and never be able to tell anybody...

LOLOL wow
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online. The only reason I agreed to meet with him was that his message to me was grammatically correct, and actually intelligent sounding. Considering 99% of the messages sent to me previously were some variation of "hey baby..." it was really refreshing to have someone put some effort in. Or at least effort that wasn't completely centred around getting me into bed, or send nude pictures.