Doing the laundry

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    FYI...

And because I was forced out of 4 JOBS!

was it because of your poor attitude when people try to help you?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    Laundry is "exercise" when you do 20 loads a week like I do! LOL. But I don't count it, or any of my normal house chores. What I do count is when I have to move all my furniture to clean under it, mow the lawn (I have a big yard) and things I don't do on a daily basis.
    You might wanna let your 4 heathens become nudists lol
    Jeez that's a lot of laundry!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ADL
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think actually if you do MY laundry you do burn more calories. I'll leave it by the door. ;)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    FYI...

And because I was forced out of 4 JOBS!

was it because of your poor attitude when people try to help you?

Shots fired
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    let's say – you don't have a washer that works the dryer yes. so you have to load the basket put it in the car wash the laundry taking 30 minutes by machine come home with fresh washed clothes 10 times heavier in the basket. then dry these clothes with your dryer taking an hour or two plus folding putting them away . How many calories would you say this would be?

C'mon guys, she was only asking a question.
    Please remember to respond in a polite and helpful manner or move on to another thread. :)

OP... I feel for you, I use the laundry mat but do all my laundry there. If you want to log something the only way to get close to any accuracy is wearing a fitbit, HRM or another type of activity tracker. Without one it'd be quite difficult to estimate, even with one it's still only a rough estimation.

Some ppl do log chores, some don't (as you've read), someone above shared about changing up your daily activity level if you add them. There's nothing wrong with choosing to log chores but the risks of over estimating comes with it's own issues.

Enjoy your weekend All :)
    Hearts <3
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    carrying a basket of clothes to the car is now considered exercise?

why the heck am i paying a gym membership when i carry my 30kg disabled child round all the time
    i took her round the markets the other day in my high heels, we walked round for over an hour, wow i better go eat all the foodz right now

yes im being mean but ill blame it on my miscarriage, my violent marriage and and well sucky people

ahh well i guess ill keep paying the gym since ive lost 165lb eating below my tdee and exercising
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    WakkoW wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Threads like these remind me why I hate activity trackers so much for giving the wearer the false belief that everything they do is exercise thus dissuading the user from actually exercising.
    that is called "information overload"
    And not much of that information is that terribly interesting either. Yay. I walked 10,001 steps. Joy.

However, what I did find interesting, were the device's extrapolations regarding sleep. Before returning to the gym, I had a few years of really bad insomnia so upon learning that for the 5/6 hours for which I am in bed, that half the time was REM, the other half light, sleep -- with very few punctuation of wakefulness -- I found immensely comforting. There was a point in my life that I had anxiety about just trying to fall asleep and stay asleep.

What is problematic is that it's data for those who are untrained or unused to using anything quantitative, ever. Because scary.

So they latch onto these questionable data points, thinking they're deriving something valuable from it, and they aren't. They don't know that though, and won't listen to reason about it.

There is a learning curve for any type of new technology or system. It is only problematic if the user doesn't listen to reason or educate themselves on how to use the technology.

Trackers are tools. Useful for some, not useful for everyone. I personally find the sleep data to be the least interesting aspect. But then again, I know when I have gotten a good nights sleep and don't find that it is something to fret over.

Based on post count, I'm going out on a limb and saying... well, you're new here, sit back and observe the silliness that happens here day in, day out, and often from the same folks freaking out over the same trash data.

It's like they've never heard of GIGO analysis.

If you're not new here, then you know what I mean. But I guess it begs the question. Could there be benefit to explaining what important metrics are, and how to track them then analyze them?

Or should it be something we can assume that was already taught to them, and they're willfully ignoring said teaching?

I'm not new here. I only come when bored. I don't post much because I'm sure it would result in a banning if I posted what I really wanted to.

However, I do believe many that post here are willfully ignorant; however, that doesn't make the tools any less valuable to those who do spend the time to get to know them. The problem isn't with the tools, it lies with the user. Some users want a quick fix and want to have all the answers handed to them and not put any critical thought into the data.

Weight management is simple (CICO), but it isn't easy (persistence and dedication). I believe people set themselves up to fail because they want to fail. I am always amazed at how many times these threads turn out the same. OP asks for advise, posters take the time to nicely answer them, but yet the OP still gets nasty when the advise isn't what they want to hear.

Anyway, I just don't like bashing of tools when the error typical lies with the user. And not everyone is motivated by the same thing.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    lso you have to load the basket put it in the car wash

so you are saying you wash your clothes at the car wash? o:)
  • WednesdayJanuary07th2015
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Laundry is only worth calculating, if it's done once a week & you have to use stairs, to transport the laundry to/from & have a toddler, that expects you to carry them around, in the laundry basket; for fun every time a clean load gets transported up/down stairs.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Logging:
    45 seconds, folding 2 towels
    90 seconds, loading dryer
    10 seconds, filling detergent cup

cals burned: 6

Bro, DYEExercise? Think that through before you respond.
    wtf is exercise?

laundry?

What's laundry? 3 days in the same boxers crew checking in.

Hahahahahaha
    I wear my socks and bras longer than any civilized human should. Almost no shame.

Who only wears them once?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

Hahahahahaha
    I wear my socks and bras longer than any civilized human should. Almost no shame.

ummm me, i have a thing about clothes. i can only wear them once then they just have to go in the wash

• agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am bummed at how unhelpful/ sarcastic/ simply rude comments there are.
    Some of you guys are pretty funny and mean well.
    But OP, I'd just forget pretty much this whole mess and move on.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

Hahahahahaha

I dunno, man. Same with the people who wash jeans after one wearing. Ain't nobody got time for that!

But my jeans don't feel as nice after I wash them. They're all..fitting properly and *kitten*.. I don't want that.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

Hahahahahaha

ummm me, i have a thing about clothes. i can only wear them once then they just have to go in the wash

Oh. Clean people. That's right. :)

I don't shower daily either. It messes with my skin.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Logging:

wtf is exercise?

laundry?

Hahahahahaha

You wash your bra every day? My goodness. I can't remember if mine has even been washed this year. And yes, I only have one that fits.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    I am bummed at how unhelpful/ sarcastic/ simply rude comments there are.
    Some of you guys are pretty funny and mean well.
    But OP, I'd just forget pretty much this whole mess and move on.
    Which parts are unhelpful?