What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• caitlinbrianne0817
    Options
    A bra that used to be tight and leave marks on my sides fits perfect now! Glad to be losing and being able to tell but a little sad it's my boobs getting smaller lol
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I can wear my favorite jeans again and be able to breathe at the same time. Still not as loose on me as they should be, but definitely getting there!
  • Flips37
    Flips37 Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chub rub! Doesn't sound like a NSV, does it? But bear with me...

I run in running skirts with the built in bike shorts. When I was 20 lbs heavier, my thighs would rub together and the bike shorts would ride up from the friction. At some point, that stopped happening and I realized it was because my thighs had slimmed down a little and weren't pushing the fabric up anymore.

FF to this week, 20 lbs lighter and suddenly experiencing chub rub again? Huh?!? Then I realized, it's because my running skirt/shorts are now too big and ride up on their own! So the return of chub-rub means it's time to buy some size mediums! Yay! :)
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans that were too tight last week fit now. AND they are regular denim...no stretchy spandex weaved into them. I honestly don't remember buying or ever wearing them, it has been so long.
    I've been wearing the same 5 (stretchy) outfits for so long that my family thinks I've been shopping when they see me wear an old piece of clothing from my closet. I also love putting aside the too loose clothes for donation. I feel a little "yay me!" with each one.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm in Colorado for work for a couple of weeks. We're working inside, but it's a construction site and the heat isn't on yet. Since I'm spending my days sitting in front of a computer and not moving around much, I was freezing. Finally got tired of it and went to the local Target for a base layer to wear under my clothes to help keep warm. All they had left was on closeout and only Small or XL. I was annoyed because I was looking for a Large or, possibly, a Medium. Then I looked at the sizing chart on the box and realized that, by the manufacturer's measure, I'm actually a Small. I bought them, and they fit. That blew my mind. I've NEVER been a Small. In anything. Ever.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    This is a really strange one but....I now need a mat on the gym floor to do my ab work because I don't have a "cushion" on my tailbone anymore.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Flips37 wrote: »

I run in running skirts with the built in bike shorts. When I was 20 lbs heavier, my thighs would rub together and the bike shorts would ride up from the friction. At some point, that stopped happening and I realized it was because my thighs had slimmed down a little and weren't pushing the fabric up anymore.

FF to this week, 20 lbs lighter and suddenly experiencing chub rub again? Huh?!? Then I realized, it's because my running skirt/shorts are now too big and ride up on their own! So the return of chub-rub means it's time to buy some size mediums! Yay! :)
    This is my ultimate goal NSV - being able to wear running shorts. Sadly, I don't think it's in my DNA since even when I was underweight, I still had chub rub. Great NSV for you!!

• yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I saw my back muscles, for the first time, after a good hard lift!
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The jeans I put away over a year ago because they were too small all fit again.

The new running capris I got for spring had to go back for a smaller size.

I WANTED to go for a run rather than eat sweets and biscuits when i got annoyed earlier

all in all a good day
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    An insanely handsome man asked me out and told me that I am tiny.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    A co-worker looked at me and said " go eat a Triple Hamburger and extra large fries - your going to blow away in the next storm".
    He is a skinny toothpick so when he says something like that its a good thang.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Flips37 wrote: »

This is my ultimate goal NSV - being able to wear running shorts. Sadly, I don't think it's in my DNA since even when I was underweight, I still had chub rub. Great NSV for you!!

Invest in some Body Glide ladies!!!! Its the best lubricant for running and other exercise where skin can rub, and it means that my thighs can tolerate running in shorts. You can probably get it online, or in most sports shops. Also helps with under boob chafing and blisters on your feet from rubbing shoes/socks. Its waterproof and sweat proof too, so it doesn't stop working when you start sweating. I sound like an infomercial, but seriously this stuff is great!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I went shopping for a new raincoat today. My old one was an XL (the biggest size they stocked) and embarrassingly I had popped all the zips on the pockets when it got too tight... I've been wearing it around because last winter I couldn't bring myself to drop cash on a 2X raincoat that I really don't want to be wearing.

Today I went into a shop, which went up to a size 16 (which wouldn't have even fitted before). I decided to optimistically try a 14, but it was a bit baggy round the middle. I ended up buying a 12!!! I haven't fitted a 12 for the longest time. Cue overexcited shopping trip where I loaded up on lots of size 12s (all on sale or clearance - score!!!).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can wear really bright, cheerful clothing and not feel embarrassed that people watch me.. o:)
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i received a pair of pants from two xmases ago that I still had the tag on since they were too small--- i finally fit in them!!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I forgot my non-workout pants at home yesterday, and had to run to TJ Maxx for a pair of work appropriate pants. I grabbed the first pair of size 8 pants that looked decent, and brought them back to the office without trying them on. Got back to the office and realized they were actually a 6, tried them on anyway and they fit!
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wore what are supposed to be tight fit leggings to the gym today that I have had for awhile. I thought they felt loose but I wore them anyway, and while do box jumps they fell down... :neutral_face: Caught them up before anyone noticed tho. lol
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Ran 5 miles outside today even though it's freezing outside. I haven't run outside since the fall.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Somehow between last weekend and this one, I went down a pant size. Ok!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I cycled 263km non stop on Saturday. That was 8hours straight in the saddle (stationary bike). I woke up the next day and had absolutely no muscle pain. I didn't think that would be humanly possible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!