Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Have you tried a ZeroWater Filter Pitcher? It takes out way more particles than Brita.

Haven't heard of or seen them. Going to,look it up now. Thanks!
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't stand ice cold water and I hate ice in drinks. I don't like ice cream unless it is slightly melted. Maybe it's because I live in the UK - it is not hot here for much of the year.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    DeffoMik wrote: »
    I round down my calories burned at the gym to the closest multiple of 50.

For example...if it reads 296 on the machine, I round down to 250. After doing that, I try to stick to that being the truth even if I know I burned more. If I don't take as many calories back, I can still be right on with my eating and not go over. That's how I see it. And even if I stay low, I'd still be doing EVEN better than I think, hahaha.

That was an unnecessarily wordy way to explain that. Sorry guys....
    Uhm. I don't know. I guess that's not as weird or whatever, but that's me.
    I like the idea of taring the scale up by 5 pounds. I'd still do the same thing as I do with the calories burned, though. I'd still see my weight as whatever is shown on the scale. :smiley:

I don't mean to be a downer, but you cannot rely on those machines read-outs for accurate calorie burns anyway! They are terribly inaccurate and vary wildly. Example: I input my correct stats on all the machines (weight, age, etc.) and 60 min. on the treadmill will show 450 cals. burned but the same 60 min. on the elliptical will be 900+! Crazy. I don't believe either one of them for calories burned. I do keep track of them, however, so that I can use that number as a gauge for my exertion level. I always try to surpass that # each workout.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I hate drinking cold water in the winter time because I work outdoors and it makes me colder. I utterly despise drinking hot teas and lukewarm/warm water because it tastes gross (yep, even bottled water).

So, what do you drink?

I don't like ice cold water either, because it is harder for me to drink a glass at a time due to the coldness, not because I work outside. Our tap water is really cold because our ground temps are cold, so I run a filtered pitcher of water and let it sit on the counter as I drink it. It never is lukewarm. Still cold but not freezing cold by the time I finish the pitcher. Maybe you could try that.

Of course when you are really thirsty it seems like the temperature of water isn't a real big deal. In the summer I work as a flagger for a road construction crew. I tote a dozen or more bottles of water with me each day, most of which I freeze overnight because they thaw in the hot summer temps, even in a cooler eventually, because we work 14+ hour days. When I am really thirsty, it doesn't matter too much if the water is from a bottle with lots of ice floating in it or from a warm bottle, because my body just needs water.

I have noticed that the cheap bottled water does taste crappy when warm. I think that has to do with the source of the water. More expensive bottled water seems much better; for example Fugi and Smart Water brands taste better than most others, to me.

55835802.png

Wow! I admire you! I see those people out there working so hard in the blazing heat and am glad there are people who can do this because I'd faint and be a puddle on the road in about 5 min. Thank you for your hard work!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

I wish I could find a MMO that hasn't burned me out. Haven't found any since Rift, which I quit almost 2 years ago. I was playing probably 12 hours a day...

There's a Talenti sale this week and I bought 9 pints, while fully aware that it's a very bad idea. I bought them in two batches, and when I got home both times, took a spoon, and sampled each kind right out of the container (logged it all at least). It might have been 9am when I did.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »

I wish I could find a MMO that hasn't burned me out. Haven't found any since Rift, which I quit almost 2 years ago. I was playing probably 12 hours a day...

I confess that I have no idea what an MMO is

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Confession: I jumped at the idea of dog sitting an adorable Boston Terrier for a friend this week. I didn't say yes because I actually wanted the dog (that's an added bonus), but because I knew it would severely piss off my two cats, who are furry little ***chbags.

I know I'll pay for it later with revenge poops, but it was worth it to see the look on their faces when I brought him home, and I get to keep him until Saturday.

ETA: They don't attack him, he has no interest in them so they leave each other alone unless they cross paths. The mere fact that he's in the same condo as them just has them pissed off.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    Confession: I jumped at the idea of dog sitting an adorable Boston Terrier for a friend this week. I didn't say yes because I actually wanted the dog (that's an added bonus), but because I knew it would severely piss off my two cats, who are furry little ***chbags.

I know I'll pay for it later with revenge poops, but it was worth it to see the look on their faces when I brought him home, and I get to keep him until Saturday.

ETA: They don't attack him, he has no interest in them so they leave each other alone unless they cross paths. The mere fact that he's in the same condo as them just has them pissed off.

LMAO.
  • roxannecarriere
    roxannecarriere Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have to Google half of the acronyms that people use on here...
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Me, too! Just looked up MMO. :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »

Me, too! Just looked up MMO. :)

I had to look it up too :)

There. I learned something today.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Non food or health related confession: I feel homicidal when I hear my coworkers shuffling or dragging their feet across the floor. PICK UP YOUR DAMN FEET! :#

Ugh, same here! And, yes, "judgy" of me, but it also makes me think they are lazy and/or sloppy.

Or don't know what size shoe they wear. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I get onto my daughter if I hear her shuffling her feet in public. I refuse to raise a foot shuffler.

I love this thread, it has it ALL! :)

120+ pages and it's still up... not that it shouldn't be because tensions have been kept to a minimum and the creepier stuff (like dead bodies in the freezer along side the ice cream) have been minimal or edited out. ;)

Me too! My "confession" is I'm going to be really sad if this thread ever dies. I look forward to all the new posts every day.

ME TOO!!!

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I take shots of straight lemon juice. It burns your throat, but it curbs your appetite pretty well :)

I will be trying this.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!

• roxannecarriere
    roxannecarriere Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!

LOL! That's awesome! :p
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I feel guilty that I'm working out instead of cuddling with my cat. She wants to snuggle and I'm putting on my work out clothes. :(

I started insanity max 30 today. My cats have never seen me exercise before. One watched me for about half of the DVD then joined me by laying down in the middle of the mat. I had to do all the exercises all around her. I have had them lay on my computer keyboard and on a book but I give her major props for courage to lay down in the middle of a mat where I am doing burpees.

My cat is the worst if I'm trying to do yoga, or ab work.

"Oh! The squishy rug! That's for me to lay on!"
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I feel guilty that I'm working out instead of cuddling with my cat. She wants to snuggle and I'm putting on my work out clothes. :(

I started insanity max 30 today. My cats have never seen me exercise before. One watched me for about half of the DVD then joined me by laying down in the middle of the mat. I had to do all the exercises all around her. I have had them lay on my computer keyboard and on a book but I give her major props for courage to lay down in the middle of a mat where I am doing burpees.

My cat is the worst if I'm trying to do yoga, or ab work.

"Oh! The squishy rug! That's for me to lay on!"

My cat runs up & lies underneath me when I do planks. Its like she's saying "C'mon! One more minute! YOU CAN DO THIS!"

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking cold water in the winter time because I work outdoors and it makes me colder. I utterly despise drinking hot teas and lukewarm/warm water because it tastes gross (yep, even bottled water).

My friends have mocked me for years because I'll make tea...and let it cool down. Or I'll order an iced coffee...and wait for the ice to melt some. Everything I drink is in this mid-range of room temperature. I drink WAY more fluids than most of my friends though, especially water, so there's that. :)
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For the longest if I didn't have juice to drink, I didn't drink anything all day. I was chronically dehydrated for a very long time.