Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I taught myself to crochet 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting flack from a friend that's a girl because I went m.i.a. on Saturday evening to hit the fabric store.

What's a dude to do when he needs to get some Lily Sugar N' Cream Cotton Yarn on a Saturday night and Joanne Fabrics has it on sale for $2.79 a roll. Gotta catch'm all.

Everyone knows Joann's is where the party is. Crochet on, dude.
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    I taught myself to crochet 2 weeks ago, and I'm getting flack from a friend that's a girl because I went m.i.a. on Saturday evening to hit the fabric store.

What's a dude to do when he needs to get some Lily Sugar N' Cream Cotton Yarn on a Saturday night and Joanne Fabrics has it on sale for $2.79 a roll. Gotta catch'm all.
    No shame! That's awesome! Crocheting is a good way to rehab damaged hands, or so I've found.

What are you making?

• rebeccamorgan58152
    rebeccamorgan58152 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Cotton yarn is the absolute greatest for crochet and I would also love to know what you're making :-)
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I only log when I lose weight, so the tracker wont go up...only down. Oh and I've been using my baby for an excuse of why I only go for walks instead of "real" workouts...this has got to stop. sigh
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Confession : reading this thread has made me desperately hungry. I'm currently plotting on how to have a quiet McDonald's binge later this week
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »

No shame! That's awesome! Crocheting is a good way to rehab damaged hands, or so I've found.

What are you making?

I started with a Glowworm Green scarf that I used double crochet with black eyes and a mouth to look like the Minecraft Creeper, then I bough 3 skein of thicker yarn and that became a 7 foot long single crochet scarf, it's super toasty.

With the cotton yarn, I'm trying to figure out this magic ring thing (and I think I've got a method for actually pulling it off) to create amigurumi's. And when I get good at it, I'll make some super heroes, pokemon, some super villains, and things for family and friends instead of buying stuff.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Non food or health related confession: I feel homicidal when I hear my coworkers shuffling or dragging their feet across the floor. PICK UP YOUR DAMN FEET! :#

Ugh, same here! And, yes, "judgy" of me, but it also makes me think they are lazy and/or sloppy.

Or don't know what size shoe they wear. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I get onto my daughter if I hear her shuffling her feet in public. I refuse to raise a foot shuffler.

I love this thread, it has it ALL! :)

120+ pages and it's still up... not that it shouldn't be because tensions have been kept to a minimum and the creepier stuff (like dead bodies in the freezer along side the ice cream) have been minimal or edited out. ;)

Me too! My "confession" is I'm going to be really sad if this thread ever dies. I look forward to all the new posts every day.
  • BZAH10
    Options

This is awesome! Yes, what are you making? Pics when you're done?
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Awesome :D
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - those are awesome, my kids would love that. Minecraft is evil for pre-teen boys.
  • rhoffman33
    rhoffman33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Confession : reading this thread has made me desperately hungry. I'm currently plotting on how to have a quiet McDonald's binge later this week

Be careful I did that two Saturdays ago and shot up 4 pounds and that was with going to the gym.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm increasing my running mileage so this week i logged 48 miles. I'm so RUNGRY that i ate 8k+ calories yesterday =( It was soooo good though. I'm hoping that this week i get 50 miles and stay within a normal calorie range!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Went off track for my anniversary dinner... big time. I was ok with that, since 28 years should be rewarded, but on Sunday I could not get it back. So, off track for two days. Up 2 pounds. Ick.

Doing better today.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm increasing my running mileage so this week i logged 48 miles. I'm so RUNGRY that i ate 8k+ calories yesterday =( It was soooo good though. I'm hoping that this week i get 50 miles and stay within a normal calorie range!

8000 calories! What did you eat?!?!

48 miles is awesome though, great job :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

48 miles and 8000 calories are both awesome achievements! I ran a continuous 10k for the first time on Saturday and destroyed my entire calorie deficit that day.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    vmdave wrote: »
    I binged on some insomnia cookies last week and didn't log it. I felt so ashamed. They are like almost 300 calories each.

My sister goes to college near an Insomnia Cookies store...they are good.
    Shamrock Shakes are at McDonalds, I'll be pooping green this afternoon.

I just told my mom the same thing. "It's March, which means Shamrock Shakes!" I had an Andes candy mint shake from Arby's a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good.

• Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    rhoffman33 wrote: »
    Ameengyrl wrote: »

Be careful I did that two Saturdays ago and shot up 4 pounds and that was with going to the gym.[/quote

4 lbs!!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jeffininer wrote: »
    Last week we stopped by the store to pick up a few things because we were getting a big snow. I picked up a package of Oreos, which I never buy. They were gone by the morning. I swear I didn't eat that many!! I'm really hoping the kids helped....because yeah....Oreos. Nope, didn't log them. They didn't happen.

maybe my squirrels ate them? Perhaps you threw them out the car door without the wrapper in a fit of panic that you might eat them all in one go and simply forgot? ;)

Or ...This might indeed be a true case of 'pics or it didn't happen'?! LOL

Nope, I ate them..... :)
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Oh, that would annoy me as well. I figure people like that are desperately trying to compensate for their own deficiencies elsewhere and, nope, I don't care what they are, nor do I feel badly for you (general "you"). Get yourself straightened out already!