Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ntinkham88 wrote: »
    I wait until my husband jumps in the shower and then snack on anything I can get my hands on.

OMG! I do that too.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I feel guilty that I'm working out instead of cuddling with my cat. She wants to snuggle and I'm putting on my work out clothes. :(

I started insanity max 30 today. My cats have never seen me exercise before. One watched me for about half of the DVD then joined me by laying down in the middle of the mat. I had to do all the exercises all around her. I have had them lay on my computer keyboard and on a book but I give her major props for courage to lay down in the middle of a mat where I am doing burpees.

My cat is the worst if I'm trying to do yoga, or ab work.

"Oh! The squishy rug! That's for me to lay on!"

My cat runs up & lies underneath me when I do planks. Its like she's saying "C'mon! One more minute! YOU CAN DO THIS!"

I now regret teaching my dogs that it's playtime when I get down on the floor with them. This idea was supposed to be compensation for not being allowed to jump up on me, but it has certainly made hip thrusts and push ups impossible when they're in the same room. Bench press isn't much better, that puts me at eye/tongue/wet nose level.

My dog decided every time I did an exercise video, he needed to join in with jumping and licking, so I'd have to stop and put him in his crate. He figured out the connection, so now he lays on his bed and watches. Every once in a while, he'll butt in and I'll have to take him back to his bed, but he's good for the most part. I also discovered a baby gate in the doorway to the room with the treadmill is a great idea. My dog hates closed doors, but he's okay with the gate since he can still see and I don't have to worry about him hurting himself getting in the way.

My dog has decided that the dead center of the living room (right in front of the TV) is the best place to take a sprawled out nap while I'm working out. She is small , but I'm constantly having to move around so I don't step on her or kick her.
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

You're my hero. Seriously.

Thanks to you, I now do this with bread. I bought a loaf of French bread, pulled out my digital scale and weighed and measured out my bread. The dog got the extras. While it's a little time consuming it's totally worth it. You are an inspiration .
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My confession. I don't go running anymore because my butt has gotten so big it bounces when I run and it physically hurts my back so bad I can't stand it. This sucks because I used to love running.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    kateymorse wrote: »
    For some reason I thought I would celebrate losing almost 2 lbs by getting a pizza and having two glorious slices of it. Oh well, back in the saddle tomorrow.

Welcome to my life story.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I just stood in front of a freezer full of Ben n Jerry's for about 10 minutes, agonising, not over spending the calories, but over spending $14.50 on a pint. That's right, one pint. I walked out without ice cream. This is a confession because I'm still sad and regretful that I don't have any ice cream.

Holy *kitten*...is this American dollars? That's alot of money for a pint of ice-cream.

Nope, Australian dollars so US$11.50. Stupid Australia with it's stupid tasty expensive import foods.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

I wish I could find a MMO that hasn't burned me out. Haven't found any since Rift, which I quit almost 2 years ago. I was playing probably 12 hours a day...

There's a Talenti sale this week and I bought 9 pints, while fully aware that it's a very bad idea. I bought them in two batches, and when I got home both times, took a spoon, and sampled each kind right out of the container (logged it all at least). It might have been 9am when I did.

Oh good, how about a taste report? I can't seem to get myself to buy anything except sea salt caramel. I've tried the coconut and the dark chocolate and one other I can't remember. What are your preferences, in order please?!!!

55835802.png

• tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I just stood in front of a freezer full of Ben n Jerry's for about 10 minutes, agonising, not over spending the calories, but over spending $14.50 on a pint. That's right, one pint. I walked out without ice cream. This is a confession because I'm still sad and regretful that I don't have any ice cream.

Holy *kitten*...is this American dollars? That's alot of money for a pint of ice-cream.

Nope, Australian dollars so US$11.50. Stupid Australia with it's stupid tasty expensive import foods.

I have a friend who just moved there with his family. He said things were expensive, but I didn't realize it was on this scale. Not sure which is worse for an American living abroad - not having some of your favorite foods at all or having them available for an exorbitant cost.

• alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Stuff like that is totally normal girl! =)
    I sometimes do that with whey powder. I used to eat skim milk powder by the spoonful. So good. Till I started choking. Then went back for moaaar.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »

I have a friend who just moved there with his family. He said things were expensive, but I didn't realize it was on this scale. Not sure which is worse for an American living abroad - not having some of your favorite foods at all or having them available for an exorbitant cost.

To be fair, our average household incomes tend to be a lot higher, so it's not really a straightforward comparison. What I got paid $13 an hour to do in the USA, I get paid $30 an hour for here. But imported food, especially USA stuff, is heinously expensive.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession - I totally ate pavement on my run today. I think I can officially call myself a runner now. LOL
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ordered a shirt from online in a small and I need to lose a couple more pounds before it's comfortable. They supposedly run small but never in my life have I not fit into a small before. It's sort of upsetting. :/

Well, now I have something to work towards!
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    after a rather amorous evening with my wife, we both checked our activity trackers to see how many calories we had burned. i will point out we had only just go the trackers.

one low pont was that it split the activity between 2 days as went from pre-midnight to post-midnight, mental note taken to try avoid this in future.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I take shots of straight lemon juice. It burns your throat, but it curbs your appetite pretty well :)

I will be trying this.

I don't know anything about that but remember to rinse out your mouth quickly after. The enamel on your teeth is badly damaged by the acidity.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!
    So who's scrolling back and looking for the tank top? I scrolled a bit but never saw anything exciting so figured I missed it. lol
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!
    So who's scrolling back and looking for the tank top? I scrolled a bit but never saw anything exciting so figured I missed it. lol

you can just click berlynwall's name on the original quote to bring up her profile
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

you can just click berlynwall's name on the original quote to bring up her profile

OK, found it but don't know what a cheese fry is so probably don't want it on my shirt. lol
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

OK, found it but don't know what a cheese fry is so probably don't want it on my shirt. lol

It's a gateway drug to poutine:
    dains-fries.jpg
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Confession - I totally ate pavement on my run today. I think I can officially call myself a runner now. LOL
    -
    Are asphalt calories tracked in the Food Database?

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

Ok here goes.

I met my husband in an MMO. We are sort of famous on our old server because I was his guild leader, we met and fell in love. This summer we will have our 13th wedding anniversary.

We lived on two different continents and he moved to mine. When he moved here we sold our toons and got more than 10k US for them (very uber). We put the money down on our house.

So now you know more about our meeting than my mother does!