March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    3.2- 2.48 @ 23 min (seriously ice conditions-didn't die- celebrate)
    3.4- 2 miles @ 37 min (no sports bra- walking incline FWD/BKW)

Total March Goals
    4.48 Miles.

heh- it makes me chuckle.

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    @HealthyFocused715‌ I guess in that case, I should picture myself crossing the line in 2.5 hours :) Still, if I don't put in a few hundred more miles of training runs before the race, visualization might not get me too far.

Solid mid-distance run this evening.

3/1 - 17 miles
    3/3 - 5 miles
    3/4 - 8 miles

Total: 30 miles
    Goal: 180 miles
    Remaining: 150 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Give me another year and I'll be an expert.... okay, I won't be an expert, but I'll at least know what brand I wear (which I really didn't even remember until I looked at them tonight). :blush:
    Wait until you start naming them.... :)
    Ha - I thought I was the only one to do this and I would never admit to it! But then they have to have names so you can track the mileage on each pair, right?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    March Goal 75 miles

3/1 rest
    3/2 2.34 run, then I lifted and carried 25 60#bags of cement to help DH build an observation deck...
    3/3 rest because I couldn't walk....see above^^^
    3/4 3.44 SLOWWWW run...worthy of the "running" turtle tattoo on my shoulder...735m4votxl15.jpg

Total 5.78

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Give me another year and I'll be an expert.... okay, I won't be an expert, but I'll at least know what brand I wear (which I really didn't even remember until I looked at them tonight). :blush:
    Ha - I thought I was the only one to do this and I would never admit to it! But then they have to have names so you can track the mileage on each pair, right?
    Lol - so far I managed to track the mileage just fine by calling them "Saucony ProGrid Paramount 2" or "Icebug ENLIGHT-L RB9X", but I guess "James" or "Susy" would roll
    off the tongue a little more easily :p

Related to tracking mileages: is anyone using a "Milestone Pod"?
    I recently heard about those. I don't really need a clip-on gadget to keep track of mileage (especially not since it can only do that for a single pair of shoes), but apparently it also gives you statistics on running form things like cadence and how much front/midfoot/heel strike you do.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    01.03.15 - 13.0 km
    03.03.15 - 3.3 km
    05.03.15 - 4.8 km
    21.1 km done (of 100km)

exercise.png

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    05-Mar - 4 Miles - Totals 15.8
    59.2 miles to go

b711f2b2eade190.png
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    whatang wrote: »
    Ok, I'm in for 40 miles. Started running a couple of months ago, have done 30 miles for each of those months, so I'd like to try going a bit further this month. Started with an easy 1.8 today.

1st - 1.8 miles
    2nd - 2.3 miles
    4th - 4.0 miles
    5th - 3.2 miles

exercise.png

• chocolatesally2014
    chocolatesally2014 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    exercise.png

My first time here - I'll have a go at this :-)
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I`m aiming for 100 miles

counter.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    March 1 - 5K - 3rd place in my age group. Not my best time, but happy with it! 29:07
    March 2- rest
    March 3- 5.05 miles and strength training
    March 4 - 5.09 miles
    March 5 - 5.13 miles

65 with 100% humidity. Have to get used to this humidity again. It’s back and will be here through October. New shoes were great! I didn't realize that my old ones were getting so worn.

The moon this morning, at 4:30. Strange... it was a beautiful, clear sky but my phone turned it into a Monet painting.

cmd8jm2oc0i3.jpg

exercise.png

Lol - good idea. I took a marker and wrote a big O inside the old shoes so I would know those are the old ones, in case later I get them mixed up. So those old ones will be known as Obert. And my new ones... IDK yet.
  • knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Can't get my ticker to post this am; but I'm adding 3 miles to my goal this morning. Beautiful 65 degrees and clear in Charleston, SC this am!!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    rnjcb wrote: »
    Can't get my ticker to post this am; but I'm adding 3 miles to my goal this morning. Beautiful 65 degrees and clear in Charleston, SC this am!!

Ohhh ... that sounds like the start of spring! Yay!!! Have a nice run!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

3/2 = 5.09 miles
    3/3 = 3.11 miles
    3/4 = 3.27 miles
    3/5 = Weights and x train

Giving myself a running break today. Less of a desire and more of a necessity thing. Cannot wait for the next three days. They are forecast to be beautiful.

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Beautiful park in Charleston ... was my very first port I visited when I was in the (Dutch) Navy ...
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY
    3--- 8mi
    4--- 7 mi

Done: 21/200mi goal
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Do we have to post cycling miles too now? I thought this was a running challenge. I'm confused.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Do we have to post cycling miles too now? I thought this was a running challenge. I'm confused.

No, you don't have to post any other activities, but you may. I think it's nice to see what other ways people stay active on their non-running days.