5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Options

Replies

• astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    wow! this was helpful! I certainly have more motivation thanks to everyone's before and after photos! I am not sure what my Frame is.. medium, I would guess.. I am just under 5'11. In my 30's I usually weighed 145 to 155. In my late 30's early 40's ( iam still early 40 s) after my son was born I maintained at about 160- to 170. I usually was about 165. In the last year I have packed on the weight! I am healthy, I am now just simply over weight! I am weighing in at 194 now. ugh! frustrating. My goal is to get back down to 165, by June before my vacation, and then take it down to 150/155 when I get back from Vacation. I will post my current starting pictures tomorrow.

I don't have many pics because I didn't want to remember me at 193 and a size 16, but I'm 36 and successfully gotten myself down to 155.2 twice. I'm 5'11. SO it's possible, but I don't have kids. In 2012 I got to 143 and for my age (even though 34 isn't old) it was too light. People would give me that "you are too thin" pity look and ask if I was sick. I met my BF shortly after hitting that goal and he even asked me to "beef up" a bit but I overshot that by 10lbs (Dude, when someone says "gain weight" you take them serious...LOL). I'm the most "comfortable" between 150 & 155 (comfy size 8). I stink at maintaining so I've got some learning to do.

Good luck - I know you can do it!

Made me lol.
  • gidget415
    Options
    This has truly inspired me. I'm new here and don't know how to do the pics yet... I'll try to dig out my before and take a current one.

I'm over 5'9" and a medium frame with what the doc says are heavy, dense bones.

SW: 196.4
    CW: 182.2
    GW: 155-160

At my heaviest, I was wearing size 14. My profile pic was taken at about 184 about a week ago and I'm wearing a 10-12 sweater.

My lightest at this height was just over 140 and I got a lot of feedback that I looked emaciated. I know others at my height can very comfortably be lighter, but my body doesn't. I can't seem to sustain a weight of much less than 155-160 for any length of time. At that weight, I'm wearing a size 10 in most things and some 8s. Unfortunately, I wear a size 12 from about 165-182 but I'm actually HAPPY to be down to a 12 again at least for now!

I'm looking for friends if anyone else wants a tall girl losing buddy!

-Deena
  • phnompenny
    phnompenny Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looking for tall ladies to buddy with too! Pls feel free to add me.

I'm 5' 10.5'' /177cm tall
    CW/SW: 183
    GW: 150

• dinajmarsh
    Options
    Bumpity bump for inspiration. :)
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You all look wonderful....:)
  • hannahrgilbert
    hannahrgilbert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kmart823
    kmart823 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definite bump! I'm 5'8 and looking to lose about 35 pounds so feel free to add me and yell when I get off track :p
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I can't for the life of me figure out to upload a photo here, but if you'd like to see my progress, you can take a look at my page here. I took a progress photo every month since August :)
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    MustangIslandMermaid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a large frame. I've been on this journey for almost ten months.

SW: 282+
    CW: 225
    GW: 200 or 180 (depending on how I'm looking at 200)

Always open to having more tall MFP friends! Feel free to add me!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned that my scale is lying about my actual weight. I'm 5' 8", and when I decided to make a change the scale told me I was just over 184 lbs. I'm down to 164 lbs. now(according to the same scale), and my goal is 140. But all the ladies I'm seeing that are the same height, and at the same weight as my CW or even above, have much better looking progress than I do.
  • skizzerbizkit
    skizzerbizkit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    I'm concerned that my scale is lying about my actual weight. I'm 5' 8", and when I decided to make a change the scale told me I was just over 184 lbs. I'm down to 164 lbs. now(according to the same scale), and my goal is 140. But all the ladies I'm seeing that are the same height, and at the same weight as my CW or even above, have much better looking progress than I do.

Seriously, the same things have been going through my mind, but i know my scale isn't wrong, (at least not too much of an error), as at 163 ish, i still have a mum pooch, and plenty of areas of improvement needed, and I too think i'll have to still lose a lot more to look really slim.

You are definitely not alone, i wonder if we just have light bones :#
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! When I reach my GW I'm going to switch to more muscle/strength training exercises. Right now I'm just using diet and treadmill.

I'm glad I wasn't alone in those thoughts! I have trust issues with scales. :P
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! When I reach my GW I'm going to switch to more muscle/strength training exercises. Right now I'm just using diet and treadmill.

Start incorporating strength training now so that you can retain what muscle you already have. (When you diet, you lose both fat and muscle, but you can reduce the amount of muscle loss if you strength train as you lose.) It's much much easier to keep muscle than it is to gain it back.
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »

Start incorporating strength training now so that you can retain what muscle you already have. (When you diet, you lose both fat and muscle, but you can reduce the amount of muscle loss if you strength train as you lose.) It's much much easier to keep muscle than it is to gain it back.

Yup, I have been mainly strength training too, and some cardio, but, as was mentioned above, our bodies are different with varying muscle and bone densities, and some of us have to work a bit harder and longer to get there- it's frustrating but it's ok!

My plan is to try to get under 150lbs, and then try and build some muscle, with a slight surplus of calories, but shall see when i get there!
  • lbkingcu
    lbkingcu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!