The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Replies

• KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Eat all the fruit you want. Sigh, if only.
  • KathyMBragg
    That hormone shot where you only eat 500 calories a day. But it's the HORMONE SHOT that makes you lose weight. Right.....
  • KathyMBragg
    Friends/family who tell you that you are fat to inspire you to lose weight.
  • bryandynaxus3
    bryandynaxus3 Posts: 51 Member
    writerkat wrote: »
    Friends/family who tell you that you are fat to inspire you to lose weight.

I tell my newly fat friends and family that they are getting fat simply because I was always the fat one and it sucks. I grew up with everyone sugar coating it for me so here I am on a fitness site working my *kitten* off to fix things that shouldn't have ever got this bad. So I fully agree with giving someone the tough love.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    butter is better than margarine.
    it's true. butter tastes much better than margarine :wink:

ahhh... Fear of artificial sugars for dumb diet tips I guess

exactly, this is not a bad tip. butter is natural. margarine is a chemical or something....not natural, lol

This isn't true of all margarines. There are margarines available that are made from natural ingredients. It's silly to group all margarines together. It's like grouping all soup or pizza or stew together.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Juicing, cleansing, and the "military diet"
  • KathyMBragg
    Come on people, there is a miracle diet in Woman's World every single week, don't you read???
  • KathyMBragg
    On 600 Lb Life when they look the dr right in the eye and say, "But Dr I'm not eating that much."
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Your body goes into starvation mode if you eat too little. Nope.

The Hilton Head Metabolism Diet- you are supposed to exercise for 20 minutes within 20 minutes of a meal to kick up your metabolism- twice a day. Also you ate a low calorie diet for two weeks and then bump up your calories for a week before going to low calories. I did lose 22 pounds in about 2 1/2 months on this, but the low calorie part was VERY low calorie- I mean probably 900 per day and then the bump week was about 1100, so of course I lost weight- it was so low in calories. Of course I slowly gained it all back because who can eat almost nothing forever?
  • KathyMBragg
    "The fat MELTED" away. I just hate when I hear that.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    1. Anything with the word diet in it.
    2. VLCD.
    3. Magic diet pills.
    4. Wraps.
    5. Juicing.
    6. Cleanses/Detoxes.
    7. Clean eating.
    8. Sugar addiction.
    9. Sugar is evil.
    10. Low carbs.
    11. Meal replacements drinks/bars.
    12. Eating after a certain time.
    13. HCG.
    14. Dr. Oz.
    15. Muscle weighs more then fat.
    16. Cardio is bad for you.
    17. Cauliflower replacement and ohhhh just cauliflower in itself.
    18. Anything that replaces ice cream, it's ice cream or it's nothing!!! ;)
    19. Starvation mode.
    20. Anybody who disagrees with me. :smiley:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    writerkat wrote: »
    "The fat MELTED" away. I just hate when I hear that.
    Me too!! I always have a mental picture of it oozing out of my pores and trickling down into a pool around my feet.

"Burn fat" also irritates me, but not as much. Have also seen "torch fat".
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    I still can't convince my mother in law that fat is not evil. When she goes on a "diet", they stock up on "low fat" precessed foods, like Snackwell cookies. Not that one can't occasionally enjoy a cookie, but eating more cookies than you normally would because they are "low fat", seems to defeat the purpose.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Wendy98 wrote: »
    I still can't convince my mother in law that fat is not evil. When she goes on a "diet", they stock up on "low fat" precessed foods, like Snackwell cookies. Not that one can't occasionally enjoy a cookie, but eating more cookies than you normally would because they are "low fat", seems to defeat the purpose.

This reminds me of a Seinfeld rerun I saw recently where they were eating what they thought was non-fat frozen yogurt. Everyone kept saying "eat all you want, it's non-fat".
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    AshZie wrote: »
    Diet food is " expensive". I don't know where people get that mind set from.

This too. My coworker admittedly lives off of McDonald's meals for dinner most nights (sometimes breakfast, too) and she spends a large amount of money on monthly doctor visits & medications for health problems related to her weight, but she "cannot afford" to eat healthier. I almost guarantee I spend half of what she does.

I used to be one of those people but I completely agree that fast food is soooo much more expensive. For me and my bf to get 1 meal at just about any fast food restaurant it costs about 15-20 dollars a meal. Buying food to make at home, which tastes better anyways, usually costs 10 dollars a meal on average unless it's a larger meal. Half the price and sometimes less even
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    start smoking and diet patches (OMG)
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    I just saw this one posted on my Facebook feed. This quack doctor is pushing his "protein shake" that will "force your body into burning fat effortlessly" (which is a crock of ****). SMH, another Dr. Snake Oil.
    http://www.getrealmealgf.com/k/real-meal/how-to-find-the-best-protein-powder
  • natant88
    natant88 Posts: 7 Member
    Stress raises cortisol and cortisol increases belly fat. Relacore reduces cortisol, you need Relacore.

Lol
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    the stupidest diet advice I have ever heard is "start smoking cigarettes"
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    natant88 wrote: »
    Stress raises cortisol and cortisol increases belly fat. Relacore reduces cortisol, you need Relacore.

Lol
    Lmfaoooo THIS!!!!