• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    bump
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    1puoa9.jpg
    Starting weight: 260

902ddc.jpg
    Left: 210 (Before I started to lift heavy)
    Right: 197 (Been lifting heavy 3 times a week with 30 minute cardio right after and another 30 minutes of cardio on one of my rest days)

I've only been lifting heavy for two months so I don't have any real muscle definition that you can see but damn! It sure has helped with belly fat. Strong lifts 5x5 :3

Wow thank you for the inspiration I'm 194 and I'm more concerned about inches lost and this lets me know that there s hope.
  • tericared
    tericared Posts: 5
    Wow you look amazing!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Bump for later!!!!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Everyone is amazing! For those who are new to lifting, just remember this:

It takes 4 weeks for you to see a difference;
    8 weeks for friends and family; and
    12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.

Don't give up and keep up the good work!
    Funny. I guess in my world, weeks = days.
    I have had 3 major lifting sessions with my trainer and 2 alone in the last 8 days and my male co-workers have DEFINTELY noticed.
    I noticed in 4 days; my fiance noticed and is getting jealous of my guns.
  • NZnative_Girl
    NZnative_Girl Posts: 30 Member
    All of you look amazing, I enjoy lifting weights too and hope to post some pics up soon.
  • pinksamos
    pinksamos Posts: 13 Member
    Awesome job!!
  • thevorpalblade
    thevorpalblade Posts: 1 Member
    Bump! Thanks everyone for sharing.
  • linabina993
    linabina993 Posts: 6 Member
    So totally in!! Thank you all for the inspiration!!
  • perpetualsharon
    perpetualsharon Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks to all of you for posting all these inspirational photos!
    Great job, Ladies!

Well... here's what I've learned after 26 pages of inspiration.
    1) Weights - They do a body good.
    2) I need to stop whining & start lifting
    3) Logging off MFP

• suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    bump for later...headed to the gym
  • kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    WOW! I just got started yesterday and the weight I use has nothing to do with strong so far. What weights did you guys start with for the different basic exercises?
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    i just started, doing this program, hopefully get to be the same levels as you ladies :))
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner_fat_loss_program.htm
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    kratschie wrote: »
    WOW! I just got started yesterday and the weight I use has nothing to do with strong so far. What weights did you guys start with for the different basic exercises?
    I just started, but I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5. It has you start with an empty bar and slowly increase the weight.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    I started Stronglifts in Feb and am progressing with everything...except the stupid overhead press. Completed 85 lbs for squat today! I'm surprised by my progress every single workout, haha. My shape has changed dramatically since starting.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Stronglifts, 3x/week, cardio 5x/week
    76ha64mmzzue.jpg
  • rwharrell1
    rwharrell1 Posts: 4 Member
    strongliftscomparison3_zpscteuyktf.jpgstrongliftscomparison2_zpsnfw61jdz.jpgstrongliftscomparison_zps43yloigp.jpg

Love this thread! This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a while ;)
    I was one of those girls that was scared of lifting because I didn't want to be bulky. I've always worked out, but just did cardio and abs. After years of staying the same, I finally decided to switch it up. I read enough info about lifting to be convinced that I wouldn't look like a man!
    I started Stronglifts in Jan of this year, and I love working out in the "big boy section" haha
    I have a few comparison pics from Jan and now. I can't see too much of a change, but I was in ok shape to start with. I can definitely tell my core is stronger, and my booty has lifted.
    Good luck to anyone starting out!

I hope these pictures post right haha it was complicated!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Bump, love this thread. Amazing job, ladies!
  • jharris1378
    jharris1378 Posts: 88 Member
    2013sk wrote: »
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

You weigh exactly the same, but look so much slimmer..........Fab work!!
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

gorgeous.

Strong but still feminine

Strong women is not a new concept. Women have always been strong since time began.... it seems that people forget that now....

there is a difference between a strong man and a strong woman though ... and this shows that difference. You can be strong and be female at the same time.

Women should be strong, they are naturally strong... they are made to carry, give birth to and protect life..... they are capable of carrying, lifting, shouldering and fighting if the need arises but they should still have a hint of vulnerability and softness.... this girls speaks all of that to me.....

Strong... yes :tongue:

Bulky man muscles and gangster jaw :huh: no

Good job

Beautiful
    Strong... yes :tongue:

Bulky man muscles and gangster jaw :huh: no

Good job

Beautiful

Pretty sure this is what we are tying to show. You won't get "bulky man muscles and a gangster jaw" from lifting weights.
    Wow. You look amazing

• kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    You ALL look amazing! I started 2 weeks ago and maybe one day I will not just look at your pictures for motivation but upload my own.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!