Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• PegJens
    PegJens Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of encouragement! We all have our crosses to bear but it is so much easier when we share and know we are not alone! As we spring forward remember to take time for ourselves. Spring is not far away and we can maybe get outside for some fresh air and walking!
  • PegJens
    Options
    walking for 1 minute
    25 side legs, 25 knee raises,25 seat belts, and 25 side stretches
    1 minute walking
    Take a 30 second break and do it all again

Exercise, rest and repeat!
    Happy days!
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Preparing for the time change isn't something I worry about. I generally go to bed between midnight and 2 a.m. as I'm not under any pressure to awake at any particular time; although, I do try to get out of bed by 8 a.m. If I get tired on Sunday I will take an afternoon nap. Retirement gives one the luxury of "working the clock" to their advantage. One of the reasons I go to bed late is so I will fall asleep within about 2 minutes of when my head hits the pillow. I hate lying in bed with the events of yesterday, today and tomorrow going thru my mind.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in. Was excited when I weighed in this morning. Down 2.5 pounds, total of 17 pounds in 6 weeks. If I can keep this pace I will be down another 30 pounds by our daughters wedding. Then I won't be ashamed to have pictures taken :). Happy Monday to all.
    Everyone jump in here and say hi! We want to keep this board active :)
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :smile: We finally have some nice, warm(er) weather here in Wisconsin! Plan on taking a 2-3 mile walk this noon and enjoy the sunshine!

butbygrace206 - Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

I see there's been some discussion about daylight savings time. Well, it is what it is. Can't say I like the darker hours in the morning since I'm usually out the door by 5 a.m., BUT, I've got to admit, it is nice in the evening. Hopefully our warmer weather will stay.

Have a great day!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's raining here in my part of Texas, but we'll take it :) we need the rain after our drought of the last couple of summers.
    I've lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in. I want to lose at least 18 more by May 1st. I'm trying to increase my walking to reach that goal, along with watching my calorie intake.
    Have a great week everyone.
  • rhoffman33
    rhoffman33 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    57 for a few more weeks - I am in, down so far over 20 pounds with another 6 to hit my goal. I can now actually run a few miles where before I couldn't even run out to my car without being winded.
  • Laineymacksmom
    Laineymacksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Turn 50 last December. I'd love to join you.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    55 this year. im all in!
  • kroff2003
    kroff2003 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am not quite 50 but I am fully through menopause so I may as well be. I have been working at this since Jan 5, lost 20 so far, 50 to 65 to go depending on when I stop.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome everyone. I try to get on here everyday to check in. I faithfully log my food each day and it has paid off. I have a bunch to lose but wanted to lose as much as I could by June. Our daughter is getting married and didn't want to be embarrassed to have pictures taken. Just wish I had started earlier.
  • PegJens
    Options
    Weather is better here in Nebraska also! Got a mile walk in yesterday while Mother napped! Hope to get another in today and start watching those eating habits a bit closer as I had a gain this week. Only .4 but still a gain, will make it a point to do better at portion control this week! Hope everyone has a great finish to the week!
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. I started about a month ago and am down 6 lbs with about 15 to go. MUCH harder when you get a little older, but determined!! I'm 62, recently retired nurse and ready to wear my jeans with shirt tucked in again!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome Sami, and Peg I broke out my flip flops today! Going to be 58 here today and I was so ready. Let spring begin :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome Sami, and Peg I broke out my flip flops today! Going to be 58 here today and I was so ready. Let spring begin :)
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you . . . raining here . . . inside workout again! My name is Nanci. thanks again
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The weather has finally broken, the cold is gone (hopefully until next winter), and the sun is shining. I expect I will take the convertible out of hibernation today. My motto is: If it's 40° and the sun is shining then the top is down. Well, it's 51° out right now. I started this journey on 12/27/14 and am down 23 lbs. to 193+. My original goal was 190 by April 1st; but, I've determined I want to get to 180. Assuming I make it by the end of April, I will consider going on down to 170 - what I weighed when I got out of boot camp in 1966. The real purpose of this weight loss is to regain the golf game (what little game I had, anyway) I've lost over the past few years. FORE!!!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »
    ... My motto is: If it's 40° and the sun is shining then the top is down. ...

I had a wife like that, or so folks used to tell me...

Howdy Mick, sounds like a good plan of attack to get your handicap down a few.
  • kcwwoa
    kcwwoa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I'm 57, married female and have (holy moly) 280# to lose. Count me in. I am tired of observing life; it's time to participate.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    kcwwoa wrote: »
    What a great group! I'm 57, married female and have (holy moly) 280# to lose. Count me in. I am tired of observing life; it's time to participate.
    My God, if you lose 280lbs, what's gonna hold the leash (180lbs seems like a strong goal. Yeah, it may seem like 280 as you get started, but hang around; your numbers will begin to drop before you know it.)

;)