20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Came straight to the last page. As you see I have a pattern do good i'm here. And working along with you all. If I'm bad I shy away into myself which I know is not good. But guess I wasn't near as bad as I thought because I turtled at tops on Wed. and today i'm starting my third good day. So hopefully I will stick to it. Start good every morning and fall off at night. Oh well hard work is what I need. Dedication is a word.

See you all lighter right now i'm going back to bed been here since 4:15.

Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Start of cleanse Day 1 180.6
    Start of Day 2 178.9 = 1.7 lb loss
    Start of Day 3 178.5 = 2.1 lb loss
    Start of Day 4 176.4 = 4.2 lb loss
    Start of Day 5 177.3 = 3.3 lb loss
    Start of Day 6 176.4 = 4.2 loss

It's interesting... Each day my body fat percentage has increased (1.4% so far). This seems to indicate losing muscle rather than fat. Hmmm...

Still trying to stick to the 10 days just to stay committed and really get an answer as to whether this cleanse helps with making you feel more energized, leaner, clearer headed, less bloated and lose weight. Others have loved this cleanse with great success. I never had any of the "detox" symptoms others said they had nausea, head aches, fatigue, etc. Perhaps I wasn't "toxic" to begin with LOL :-)

Enjoy your Friday and weekend!!!

Becky
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday the 13th!

Linda..I started on the last page as well, so I need to go back and read. Good for you at staying the same. There's no shame in that. As far as the night eating goes, can you just close your kitchen at a certain time and say "done for the night"? You could also come to the thread when the craving hits or read success stories. Sometimes I just go to bed.

Becky...glad you did not get have the side effects that many have and hope you won't lose anymore muscle.

It's rainy, cloudy, and quite chilly today, but I woke up and for that, I'm grateful to God.
    Gym day for me.

Have a wonderful Friday, all.
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Another fly over. busy day today. groceer store day, funeral at noon then out to eat with family.
    hello all have a great day
    Marie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's check-in day for me.

Started LCHF on March 1 at 228 lbs. Last Friday I was 225.4, and this morning I weighed in at 222.4. I really hope this downward trend keeps going! Anther great thing: I checked my glucose w/ my husband's meter. Last week it was 92. This morning, 77! Both were fasting, except I had had coffee before the 92 one. Don't know how much that would have changed it.

It's supposed to reach 61 degrees here to day. Wonderful! Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Connie
    Thanks for the great tips I need to close my kitchen and my eating by 8 pm and like you say if the want for junk is to bad go to bed. or Tim Horton's for a cup of apple cinnamon tea.

Marie
    Sounds like you have a very busy day planned out. Take care of yourself through it all.

Wheatless
    Depends in what you put in your coffee if you have cream and sugar yes it will make a difference. You should take your B/S two hours after you consume any calories.

Well for me today so far very good. Now need to finish a little dishes and put an hour of work in my quilt.

See you all lighter
    Linda.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW 205
    CW 184
    CGW 179 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140

Been doing a stepping (fitbit) challenge this week and boy has it got me moving. My legs are sore, but my pants are loser. I went down a pants size and they are lose in the legs. :o
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    SW 183.6
    CW 179.8
    GW 163.6

Well the scale did go down but not for trying I only lost .04 pounds. I started walking again this week since the weather is getting better. I didn't have any junk food except for last night I hand a handful of peanuts. I will keep at it we still have time to get some more weight off. Here goes for next week.

Linda- Another thing you can do, after dinner brush your teeth and close the kitchen.
    I am still working on that one.

Good luck everyone.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Connie
    Wheatless
    Depends in what you put in your coffee if you have cream and sugar yes it will make a difference. You should take your B/S two hours after you consume any calories.

Connie: Thanks for the feedback. My coffee was black, so perhaps it didn't affect it much. I'm thankful for the lower number!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie
    Thanks for the great tips I need to close my kitchen and my eating by 8 pm and like you say if the want for junk is to bad go to bed. or Tim Horton's for a cup of apple cinnamon tea.

Marie
    Sounds like you have a very busy day planned out. Take care of yourself through it all.

Wheatless

Well for me today so far very good. Now need to finish a little dishes and put an hour of work in my quilt

See you all lighter
    Linda.

Linda what kind of quilt are you making? we need a picture of it when you are finish.
    Marie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Linda, what I did the first few weeks I started, was when I got "snacky" at night I'd read the Success Stories part of the forum. I'd look at all the before and after pictures, and it helped me stay on track. I don't have to do that as often anymore now, so I take it as a good sign. :) And your hot tea idea is perfect, btw. I've done that a lot too!
    Started LCHF on March 1 at 228 lbs. Last Friday I was 225.4, and this morning I weighed in at 222.4.
    Nice work!
    SW 205
    CW 184
    CGW 179 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140

Been doing a stepping (fitbit) challenge this week and boy has it got me moving. My legs are sore, but my pants are loser. I went down a pants size and they are lose in the legs. :o

I love this! Aren't loose clothes even better than the scale? :)
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    SW 183.6
    CW 179.8
    GW 163.6

Well the scale did go down but not for trying I only lost .04 pounds.
    This is great! It can only get better from here! :)
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well....I am a bit behind in all the new posts! I had a rough weigh in at 177, up from my 173.5 lbs but still better than my start of 183. I slipped a little this week with mom in town and going out, plus a few pieces of chocolate birthday cake, and then yesterday I ate a medium pizza over the course of the evening and the last 2 pieces for breakfast today! I weighed in, was up 4 pounds, and told myself 2 more pieces wouldn't make a difference! I am going to have to learn some better coping skills, and try to avoid the junky foods until I can learn moderation. It starts with accountability, so I am just putting it out there that I did this, and all I got was a heavy weigh in and a belly ache the size of Montana :) Very thankful for the Friday weigh in wake up call...time to get back on track.

I am loving all of the posts about the smoothies. I am not ready for a bean smoothie yet but maybe some day I will sneak them in. Given the success I am hearing about, I think I will try it for a week. I am hoping it will help me get rid of the cravings for salty fatty foods, and shed of some of the water retention. Today my rings are tight and that doesn't feel so good! I will start at lunch. I see a trip to the grocery store in my near future! Might as well finish Friday strong! Plus we are headed into a heat wave here in LA so temps expected to be in the 90's. Smoothies will be a nice change of pace in the heat!

Happy Friday to all and congrats to all the losers!
  • rayw89
    Options
    Don't give up and don't give in! Remember, don't give up what you want the most for what you want in the moment.

Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    I weigh in every day, but I guess I'll make Friday my day to post my weight.

SW: 184
    Starting Challenge Weight: 171
    CW: 161.6
    Easter Challenge Goal: 151
    UGW: 135-140
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Another rainy day but it is cozy inside.
    Trying to stay on plan today.
    Sounds like the smoothies are working for several of you. I am not sure I could do green
    Smoothies too often.
    Heading home tomorrow and kinda dread getting on the scales Tuesday.
    Hope y'all have a great weekend.
    Nancy
  • tenpets
    Options
    So, I've decided to move to the modified green smoothie cleanse to include a normal healthy dinner starting tonight Day 6. I just don't like that my body fat percentage is climbing and that I'm eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I've always known that no one should eat less than 1,200-1,300 calories a day. Physiologically it's going to lead to a slower metabolism and muscle loss without enough protein intake.

I never had detox symptoms, so I haven't gotten the detox benefit effect. I do feel less bloated, but I believe I'll have similar results with eating dinner instead of a smoothie.

Hoping I keep what I've lost, but even if I don't I'd rather keep losing the way I was with simple healthy eating, tracking all food, and moving.

I'll still update the modified results. Hope I didn't let any of you down, but this is the right choice for me.

Have a great Friday night and weekend, friends!!! <3

Becky
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    So, I've decided to move to the modified green smoothie cleanse to include a normal healthy dinner starting tonight Day 6. I just don't like that my body fat percentage is climbing and that I'm eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I've always known that no one should eat less than 1,200-1,300 calories a day. Physiologically it's going to lead to a slower metabolism and muscle loss without enough protein intake.

I never had detox symptoms, so I haven't gotten the detox benefit effect. I do feel less bloated, but I believe I'll have similar results with eating dinner instead of a smoothie.

Hoping I keep what I've lost, but even if I don't I'd rather keep losing the way I was with simple healthy eating, tracking all food, and moving.

I'll still update the modified results. Hope I didn't let any of you down, but this is the right choice for me.

Becky
    tenpets wrote: »

Becky

Becky you will never any if us down!! Your experiment had been really insightful and when my book arrives I will definitely be taking note of my body fat % as I want to lose the fat and not muscle! 3 smoothies a day only is a big ask and I am but sure if I am ready for that yet...but i shall see :-)

Do what is right for you and be proud on what you have lost so far!

Faye

• rayw89
    Options
    Becky, don't worry about it! I was going to offer some insight into the smoothie cleanse, but I wanted you to experience it for yourself. I knew it was probably also a determination thing and not just a weight loss challenge for you. I think you made a healthy decision!
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Good morning all hope you all got up with great intentions this morning.

Mary my quilt is something i've been at for 20 years some years not even touching it. It's all embroidered squares of the flaired dress with a sun bonnet every square is a different colour. I'm doing the quilted part right now. I'm slow at that to. Some days I get to it others I don't. But determined to see it finished. It's for my 9 year old grandaughter.

Connie
    Last night after wheel of fortune. We went out for tea so that got me out of the kitchen for an hour. No munchies last night.

I've already been down to weight on the wii. Another loss so i'll take them all and add them up at the end of the week. I do have a small loss to report for thursday like .7 not making much of a difference. But a loss is a loss. Add them after a month and makes a good number.

At tops those wanting it's only a if you want to join us. you don't have to. We put a buck each in a mason jar and whoever has the best loss gets the money this week 7 members joined. Plus the club puts in 2 dollars. This week it's worth winning.

Another thing we are doing at tops is measuring sugar in all you eat which means label reading. What an eye opener. I liked twizzlers 150 calories for 4 sounded good. But 2.5 teaspoons of sugar not so good. A cup of peas 2 teaspoons of sugar. ouch. It's an eye opener you should try it.

Well hopefully great day. Going to work towards it anyhow.

Linda in Northern Ontario
  • tenpets
    Options
    Start of cleanse Day 1 180.6
    Start of Day 2 178.9 = 1.7 lb loss
    Start of Day 3 178.5 = 2.1 lb loss
    Start of Day 4 176.4 = 4.2 lb loss
    Start of Day 5 177.3 = 3.3 lb loss
    Start of Day 6 176.4 = 4.2 loss
    Start of Day 7 (modified) 176.1 = 4.5 loss

Ray and Faye, thanks for your supportive posts regarding my decision to include one meal each day. I really hope I at least keep the 4.5 loss because that would be a total since early Jan of 10.2 lbs! Which is really good for me (my body LOVES to hold on to weight!). :-)

It's a rainy day here and hubby and I are now nearing the end of our bad cold virus... day 12 for me and day 8 for him. It's been a very busy week at work for both of us and we're so tired. I think a few good naps are in order this weekend to make up for the endless coughing at night and little sleep.

I may be going shopping with our daughter and the grandbabies (in the picture) this morning to get summer clothes for Joseph and Emily. I haven't seen the babies since I've been sick and I miss their beautiful faces and hugs and snuggles <3

Have a restful (speaking for our household for sure!) and healthy eating weekend, my friends! I want each of you to know how grateful I am for your presence in my life since January!!!

Becky in MD :-)